Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806688 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2022
AkinDS:
Happy for my girls Iffy and Debbie.
Especially happy for Debbie on her first call up.
That's the next Nigerian super star right there!

But u said they should hold off on calling her up. Inexperience or whatever u called it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

It's a good list, or should I say star stunded list...

But I'm still angry with the absence of Patricia George, Why will there be League games in such time? 6th, 13th of February. Don't they know that It's a FIFA Free window for International games. The Frauen Bundesliga Organizers didn't do well at all...

Is it the same reason zogg isn't on the list
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:48am On Jan 28, 2022
marvin906:

Is it the same reason zogg isn't on the list

Yeah but I'm just more concerned about Patricia George due to the Fact that our full back hasn't been stable for sometime now.. same Glory Ogbonna and co....

They have league games Feb 06, 11 and 13...
While camp commence February 1 with game between February (14-23)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2022
Anybody here has been following up with Nicole Payne games? Or seen her shot Clips, this girl will definitely get that Superfalcons right back spot very soon. She just need game time to prove herself.!

Schemerkhiz:
Another Huge Talent....

21yrs old Superfalcons Right Back Nicole Payne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXGyS_G5Sw
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:55am On Jan 28, 2022
Chiamaka Nnadozie

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:33am On Jan 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Yeah but I'm just more concerned about Patricia George due to the Fact that our full back hasn't been stable for sometime now.. same Glory Ogbonna and co....

They have league games Feb 06, 11 and 13...
While camp commence February 1 with game between February (14-23)

I also think it makes sense that Zogg isn't on the list as she just joined a new club. She isn't even fully settled in Germany. Really looking forward to seeing her fight for a shirt in the team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 1:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Chiamaka Nnadozie

She's getting fat..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
lakesidepapa:

She's getting fat..

No matter what she must add up, I just hope she continues to keep up with her good form because she's one of the best in the French League...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Tochukwu Oluehi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
AWCON Qualifiers: 35 Falcons to resume camp ahead of Côte d’Ivoire clash

Head coach of the Nigeria senior women’s national team, Randy Waldrum has invited a total of 35 players to the camp of the Super Falcons ahead of next month’s final qualifying fixture for the 12th Africa Women Cup of Nations (AWCON), against Côte d’Ivoire.

The Super Falcons and the Lady Elephants of Côte d’Ivoire will square up at the MKO Abiola National Stadium, Abuja on Friday, 18th February with the return leg at the Stade Robert Champroux in Abidjan on Wednesday, 23rd February for a slot at AWCON 2022 hosted by Morocco in July.

It would be the first time in decades the team would be playing in the newly renovated Moshood Abiola National Stadium, after years of abandonment.

The nine-time African Champions will do all it takes to avoid a repeat of their 2020 Olympic games qualifier tie against their Ivorian counterparts, as they were eliminated via the away goal rule after playing 0-0 in Abidjan and 1-1 at home in Lagos.

To reach this penultimate round, Super Falcons defeated Ghana Black Queens 2-1 on aggregate while Ivory Coast demolished their Niger counterparts 20-0 on aggregate.

All invited players are expected to arrive Abuja on Tuesday, 1st February.

INVITED PLAYERS:

Goalkeepers:
Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC, France)
Tochukwu Oluehi (Maccabi Kishronot Hadera, Israel)
Christy Ohiaeriaku (Sunshine Queens)
Yewande Balogun (USA)

Defenders:
Rofiat Imuran (Rivers Angels)
Glory Ogbonna (Santa Teresa FC, Spain)
Onome Ebi (Minsk FC, Belarus)
Osinachi Ohale (Deportivo Alaves, Spain)
Ayomide Ojo (Edo Queens)
Ashleigh Plumptre (Leicester City, England)
Joy Duru (Nasarawa Amazons)
Nicole Payne (West Virginia University, USA)
Michelle Alozie (Houston Dash, USA)
Akudo Ogbonna (Edo Queens)

Midfielders:
Peace Efih (Kiryat Gat, Israel)
Yetunde Aluko (WFC Ramat Hasharon, Israel)
Amanda Mbadinuju (Bayelsa Queens)
Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskilstuna FC, Sweden)
Grace Igboamalu (Bayelsa Queens)
Toni Oyedupe Payne (Sevilla FC, Spain)
Regina Otu (Minsk FC, Belarus)
Christy Ucheibe (SL Benfica, Portugal)
Rasheedat Ajibade (Atletico Madrid, Spain)
Rita Chikwelu (Madrid CFF, Spain)
Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons)
Deborah Abiodun (Rivers Angels)

Forwards:
Esther Okoronkwo (AS Saint Etienne, France)
Francisca Ordega (CSKA Moscow, Russia)
Desire Oparanozie (Dijon FC, France)
Vivian Ikechukwu (Rivers Angels)
Gift Monday (FC Robo Queens)
Juliet Bassey (Bayelsa Queens)
Ifeoma Onumonu (NY/NJ Gotham FC, USA)
Uchenne Kanu (Tigres Femenil, Mexico)
Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain)

This is a good list.
I can see new rockies both home-based and foreign based. That's a good development.
Though Onyinyechi Zogg and Patricia George
missing.
Our keepers- Tochukwu Oluehi and Chiamaka Nnadozie are becoming too fat.
Rinsola Abejide should be given a look in if she is interested in playing for Nigeria. We need all our best legs
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2022
The coach never fancy zogg and Ariyo
lovewins:

I also think it makes sense that Zogg isn't on the list as she just joined a new club. She isn't even fully settled in Germany. Really looking forward to seeing her fight for a shirt in the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Crested Cranes To Play At 2022 Total Women’s Africa Cup Of Nations
January 28, 2022

Uganda Senior Women’s National Football Team, the Crested Cranes will play at this year’s Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations following the withdrawal of Kenya.

The Crested Cranes who entered camp this week we’re supposed to face Kenya in the last qualifying stage next month.

It should be noted that Crested Cranes were slated to face off with Harambe Starlets next month with the first leg scheduled for 17th February and the return leg coming on 23rd February.

However, a communication from CAF addressed to FUFA confirmed the withdrawal of Kenya from the Qualifiers.

“We regret to inform you that we have just receive Kenya FA a correspondence informing us of their withdrawal from Women AFCON- Morocco 2022,” reads the statement.

“Consequently, matches 45 and 46 are cancelled as well as the missions of all designated officials.” The statement further reads.

The development therefore means Uganda qualifies to the 2022 edition that will be held in August in Morocco.

“Uganda is automatically qualified to the next round of the competition.”

This will be the second appearance for Crested Cranes at Africa Women Cup of Nations with the first coming in 2000.

Uganda had eliminated Ethiopia at the first round of the 2022 Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
The Ivory Coast women's national football team

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Please our female team should shun any call from the president for now. Make our heart nor broke twice.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Tochukwu Oluehi

She's fat for heaven sake
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
isan:

Ariyo is not in form
Zogg out of the form outings we had last year she was in two..
The US game and Austria camp
So I doubt the coach doesn't fancy her
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 9:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

No matter what she must add up, I just hope she continues to keep up with her good form because she's one of the best in the French League...

What about the Watford girl afatuga
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Crested Cranes To Play At 2022 Total Women’s Africa Cup Of Nations
January 28, 2022

Uganda Senior Women’s National Football Team, the Crested Cranes will play at this year’s Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations following the withdrawal of Kenya.

The Crested Cranes who entered camp this week we’re supposed to face Kenya in the last qualifying stage next month.

It should be noted that Crested Cranes were slated to face off with Harambe Starlets next month with the first leg scheduled for 17th February and the return leg coming on 23rd February.

However, a communication from CAF addressed to FUFA confirmed the withdrawal of Kenya from the Qualifiers.

“We regret to inform you that we have just receive Kenya FA a correspondence informing us of their withdrawal from Women AFCON- Morocco 2022,” reads the statement.

“Consequently, matches 45 and 46 are cancelled as well as the missions of all designated officials.” The statement further reads.

The development therefore means Uganda qualifies to the 2022 edition that will be held in August in Morocco.

“Uganda is automatically qualified to the next round of the competition.”

This will be the second appearance for Crested Cranes at Africa Women Cup of Nations with the first coming in 2000.

Uganda had eliminated Ethiopia at the first round of the 2022 Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers.

Report has it that Kenya hasn't withdrawn..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:38am On Jan 29, 2022
Hat tick for Uchenna Kanu

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hismail1(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2022
Hopefully, we will be able to see the game against Ivory Coast on TV or via stream.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2022
Hmm me I'm very scared o embarassed I hope super falcons bring their best game and trash ivory coast
mostob:
Please our female team should shun any call from the president for now. Make our heart nor broke twice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 12:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
isan:
Hmm me I'm very scared o embarassed I hope super falcons bring their best game and trash ivory coast
add to the fact that this coach has not been convincing.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
The coach is Rorh 3.0 grin
mostob:
add to the fact that this coach has not been convincing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
Oshoola with an Hat trick

Barcelona 4 Real Betis 0

Match ongoing
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
isan:
The coach is Rorh 3.0 grin
grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by KosiGee(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Hat tick for Uchenna Kanu

I hope Naptu is aware that his girlfriend Asisat Oshoala scored a hat trick today against Real Betis women.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Banuso99: 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2022
lovewins:

Barcelona 4 Real Betis 0

Match ongoing
Good one SuperZee.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2022
lovewins:
Barcelona 4 Real Betis 0
Match ongoing

mistcheewww if she like make she score 10 goal, still mistcheewwwwe
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
isan:
The former has not even been playing since. Why would she be invited?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
do4luv14:

mistcheewww if she like make she score 10 goal, still mistcheewwwwe
Baba chill
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Baba chill

you sure make ah chill
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Anybody here has been following up with Nicole Payne games? Or seen her shot Clips, this girl will definitely get that Superfalcons right back spot very soon. She just need game time to prove herself.!

I love what I see

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.