Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803957 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Constantine10: 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Spanish Primera Iberdola outfit Real Betis has completed the signings of Nigerian striking duo of Rinsola Babajide and Roosa Ariyo from English side Brighton and Spanish rivals Tenerife on permanent deals.

Babajide, who was on loan at Brighton sealed her switch to the Spanish outfit following the mutual termination of her contract with parent club Liverpool, where she has been since 2018, scoring 21 goals in 58 appearances.
they are going to la Liga de lesbian, wishing them good luck
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

We don't need Rinsola Babajide for anything, she should face her England...
I personally nor wan see her play for us sef... She should continue to fight for a Spot in the English Team...
This is actually personal. I'm guessing you're the one who tried to convince her initially.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
lovewins:

FT Cameroon 0 Nigeria 0

Please how did the Falconets perform?

Can we really beat Cameroon in the reverse leg in Lagos with this result? Any score draw could knock us out ooo

If we beat Cameroon, we would face either Senegal or Morocco. They are not push overs ooo. African female football has grown ooo. No more minnows anymore. Senegal are physically built while Morocco are technically good. This is getting tighter for Falconets especially with this 0-0 draw with Cameroon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
mostob:
. When is the return leg?

In 2 weeks time at Mobolaji Johnson stadium

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
solonnachi:

Please how did the Falconets perform?

Can we really beat Cameroon in the reverse leg in Lagos with this result? Any score draw could knock us out ooo

If we beat Cameroon, we would face either Senegal or Morocco. They are not push overs ooo. African female football has grown ooo. No more minnows anymore. Senegal are physically built while Morocco are technically good. This is getting tighter for Falconets especially with this 0-0 draw with Cameroon.

The stream wasn't so clear, however Cameroon seemed to have more of the possession and probably had more goal scoring chances. I however think it's probably because they were playing at home with quite a number of fans supporting. I'm optimistic that they falconets would come all out in Lagos and get the job done

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:28am On Jan 23, 2022
Superfalcons Defender Onyinyechi Zogg join former German Champions FFC Turbine Portdam....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:39am On Jan 23, 2022
mostob:
Zogg got small frame for a defender. Will she be able to cope with our African sisters during AWCON? I don't think so

Onyinyechi Zogg isn't that small as a Defender, She's strong and versatile which is an advantage for her, but can't really tell about her strength in terms of Africa football which comes with is own Physicality.

Her move to Germany will definitely add up to Physicality considering how strong and physical the Frauen Bundesliga is..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Banuso99: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Superfalcons Defender Onyinyechi Zogg join former German Champions FFC Turbine Portdam....

Good.
Things are shaping up right for the Super Falcons just that we still need two, three quality additions in the midfield to get there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Onyinyechi Zogg isn't that small as a Defender, She's strong and versatile which is an advantage for her, but can't really tell about her strength in terms of Africa football which comes with is own Physicality.

Her move to Germany will definitely add up to Physicality considering how strong and physical the Frauen Bundesliga is..
Ok...she should go and buckle up o.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:24am On Jan 24, 2022
Debut for Onyinyechi Zogg

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:51am On Jan 24, 2022
Not sure how you came to this conclusion, but Zogg is listed as 5'8" / 5'9" by some sites.
That is pretty tall for a woman playing football.
https://www.monroecollegemustangs.com/sports/womens-soccer/roster/onyinyechi-zogg/4465
And from what I saw of her in the Summer Series, don't let her looks fool you. She is as rugged as they come and will have zero problems fitting into the African game.
mostob:
Zogg got small frame for a defender. Will she be able to cope with our African sisters during AWCON? I don't think so
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:36am On Jan 24, 2022
You can Watch Saint Etienne game against PSG here, Superfalcons forward Esther Okoronkwo played full game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoIcmNOECA0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:29am On Jan 24, 2022
AkinDS:
Not sure how you came to this conclusion, but Zogg is listed as 5'8" / 5'9" by some sites.
That is pretty tall for a woman playing football.
https://www.monroecollegemustangs.com/sports/womens-soccer/roster/onyinyechi-zogg/4465
And from what I saw of her in the Summer Series, don't let her looks fool you. She is as rugged as they come and will have zero problems fitting into the African game.
ok... The way she looks just small beside Ariyo made me say so
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Rasheedat Ajibade has extended her contract with Atletico Madrid till the Summer of 2025.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AlexaBlun10(f): 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2022
Constantine10:
they are going to la Liga de lesbian, wishing them good luck
this why I hate woman football and sport in general, they are full with lesbians even the ones that are married to men are also a lesbians, Candace Parker and Marta who were my hero growing up, it's so sad that the choose the devil's way
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:28am On Jan 27, 2022
Talking about Pace and power on the Flanks, you call on Patricia George..

Currently Playing two positions for SC Sand this Season...
As a Right Back and as a Left Winger

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bankball: 10:56am On Jan 27, 2022
�♂️If you stake ₦5000 on Ecuador

� NaijaBet will pay you ₦17,800*
                    OR
� Bet9ja will pay you ₦16,750

�♂️If you stake ₦5000 on Brazil, you will get...

� ₦11,750* on NaijaBet
                 OR
� ₦11,500 on Bet9ja

http://www./291395

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2022
35 players invited to camp ahead of next month's qualifier against Ivory coast for the African Women's Nations Cup

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:07pm On Jan 27, 2022
AWCON Qualifiers: 35 Falcons to resume camp ahead of Côte d’Ivoire clash

Head coach of the Nigeria senior women’s national team, Randy Waldrum has invited a total of 35 players to the camp of the Super Falcons ahead of next month’s final qualifying fixture for the 12th Africa Women Cup of Nations (AWCON), against Côte d’Ivoire.

The Super Falcons and the Lady Elephants of Côte d’Ivoire will square up at the MKO Abiola National Stadium, Abuja on Friday, 18th February with the return leg at the Stade Robert Champroux in Abidjan on Wednesday, 23rd February for a slot at AWCON 2022 hosted by Morocco in July.

It would be the first time in decades the team would be playing in the newly renovated Moshood Abiola National Stadium, after years of abandonment.

The nine-time African Champions will do all it takes to avoid a repeat of their 2020 Olympic games qualifier tie against their Ivorian counterparts, as they were eliminated via the away goal rule after playing 0-0 in Abidjan and 1-1 at home in Lagos.

To reach this penultimate round, Super Falcons defeated Ghana Black Queens 2-1 on aggregate while Ivory Coast demolished their Niger counterparts 20-0 on aggregate.

All invited players are expected to arrive Abuja on Tuesday, 1st February.

INVITED PLAYERS:

Goalkeepers:
Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC, France)
Tochukwu Oluehi (Maccabi Kishronot Hadera, Israel)
Christy Ohiaeriaku (Sunshine Queens)
Yewande Balogun (USA)

Defenders:
Rofiat Imuran (Rivers Angels)
Glory Ogbonna (Santa Teresa FC, Spain)
Onome Ebi (Minsk FC, Belarus)
Osinachi Ohale (Deportivo Alaves, Spain)
Ayomide Ojo (Edo Queens)
Ashleigh Plumptre (Leicester City, England)
Joy Duru (Nasarawa Amazons)
Nicole Payne (West Virginia University, USA)
Michelle Alozie (Houston Dash, USA)
Akudo Ogbonna (Edo Queens)

Midfielders:
Peace Efih (Kiryat Gat, Israel)
Yetunde Aluko (WFC Ramat Hasharon, Israel)
Amanda Mbadinuju (Bayelsa Queens)
Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene (Eskilstuna FC, Sweden)
Grace Igboamalu (Bayelsa Queens)
Toni Oyedupe Payne (Sevilla FC, Spain)
Regina Otu (Minsk FC, Belarus)
Christy Ucheibe (SL Benfica, Portugal)
Rasheedat Ajibade (Atletico Madrid, Spain)
Rita Chikwelu (Madrid CFF, Spain)
Amarachi Okoronkwo (Nasarawa Amazons)
Deborah Abiodun (Rivers Angels)

Forwards:
Esther Okoronkwo (AS Saint Etienne, France)
Francisca Ordega (CSKA Moscow, Russia)
Desire Oparanozie (Dijon FC, France)
Vivian Ikechukwu (Rivers Angels)
Gift Monday (FC Robo Queens)
Juliet Bassey (Bayelsa Queens)
Ifeoma Onumonu (NY/NJ Gotham FC, USA)
Uchenne Kanu (Tigres Femenil, Mexico)
Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Head coach of the Nigeria senior women’s national team, Randy Waldrum has invited a total of 35 players to the camp of the Super Falcons ahead of next month’s final qualifying fixture for the 12th Africa Women Cup of Nations (AWCON), against Côte d’Ivoire.

The Super Falcons and the Lady Elephants of Côte d’Ivoire will square up at the MKO Abiola National Stadium, Abuja on Friday, 18th February with the return leg at the Stade Robert Champroux in Abidjan on Wednesday, 23rd February for a slot at AWCON 2022 hosted by Morocco in July.

It would be the first time in decades the team would be playing in the newly renovated Moshood Abiola National Stadium, after years of abandonment.

The nine-time African Champions will do all it takes to avoid a repeat of their 2020 Olympic games qualifier tie against their Ivorian counterparts, as they were eliminated via the away goal rule after playing 0-0 in Abidjan and 1-1 at home in Lagos.

To reach this penultimate round, Super Falcons defeated Ghana Black Queens 2-1 on aggregate while Ivory Coast demolished their Niger counterparts 20-0 on aggregate.

All invited players are expected to arrive Abuja on Tuesday, 1st February.

INVITED PLAYERS:

Goalkeepers:
Yewande Balogun (USA)

Defenders:
Ayomide Ojo (Edo Queens)

Midfielders:

Forwards:

It's a good list, or should I say star stunded list...

But I'm still angry with the absence of Patricia George, Why will there be League games in such time? 6th, 13th of February. Don't they know that It's a FIFA Free window for International games. The Frauen Bundesliga Organizers didn't do well at all...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
35 players again The coach is not just serious.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2022
35 is good because of covid
mostob:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2022
mostob:

Covid and Travel hitch might set in... So 35 isn't bad..

At least they have 2weeks to prepare

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Covid and Travel hitch might set in... So 35 isn't bad..

At least they have 2weeks to prepare

Quite a number of players from the local league. About 35% of the players are based in Nigeria. Not sure what the plan is but that's a pretty large number. I'm hoping that the ladies invited are in the early stages of their career and are also in the long term plan of the team so they can start integrating with the bulk.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2022
Cc Schemerkhiz and isan

Oops ..I didn't take covid into consideration.
Was expecting the coach to have known his best legs by now. All the qualifiers and friendly matches should be for team bonding and understanding.
Anyway, I hope he knows what he is doing sha
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
I hope CAF will be the one to conduct the covid tests and not ivory coast officials
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
Happy for my girls Iffy and Debbie.
Especially happy for Debbie on her first call up.
That's the next Nigerian super star right there!
Schemerkhiz:

INVITED PLAYERS:

Goalkeepers:
Yewande Balogun (USA)

Defenders:
Ayomide Ojo (Edo Queens)

Midfielders:

Forwards:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2022
Debbie should have been left for the Falconets they have a must win game vs Cameroon
AkinDS:
Happy for my girls Iffy and Debbie.
Especially happy for Debbie on her first call up.
That's the next Nigerian super star right there!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2022
mostob:
Cc Schemerkhiz and isan

Oops ..I didn't take covid into consideration.
Was expecting the coach to have known his best legs by now. All the qualifiers and friendly matches should be for team bonding and understanding.
Anyway, I hope he knows what he is doing sha

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:52am On Jan 28, 2022
Oh Shit... I will definitely miss Patricia George

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:37am On Jan 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEUJMxybOcI

I think you all need to see the game...

Improved Asisat Oshoala...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:37am On Jan 28, 2022
Another Huge Talent....

21yrs old Superfalcons Right Back Nicole Payne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXGyS_G5Sw

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: ddone, dkay51(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.