Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,813 members, 7,862,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:49 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (840144 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
What about Sophia omotola sef,the oyibo baller
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2022
Danycrusoe:

No it's not natural. It's similar to the one at the Mobolaji Johnson Arena. The best turfs in Nigeria now

Uyo
Abuja
Remo
Onikan
Enyimba

Also the Samson Siasia stadium in Bayelsa.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:53am On Feb 20, 2022
Ifeoma Onumonu
Esther Okoronkwo
Uchenna Kanu
Fransisca Ordega

Are the top forwards available for the return leg in Ivory Coast...

Monday Gift, Vivian Ikechukwu etc

Christy Ucheibe also available in Midfield....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dotez: 5:37am On Feb 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Solid Performance from Ashleigh...

Rasheedat Ajibade better and better...
Michelle Alozie settling well into the Right Back position... She played as a wing back though but was more defensive.

Tony Payne versatility another advantage, wing back from the Left...

Ohale, Onome, Ashleigh as the 3 center Backs.. Ashleigh letter moved more to the Left when we were two goals up!
Where is Zogg by the way?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 6:07am On Feb 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Ifeoma Onumonu
Esther Okoronkwo
Uchenna Kanu
Fransisca Ordega

Are the top forwards available for the return leg in Ivory Coast...

Monday Gift, Vivian Ikechukwu etc

Christy Ucheibe also available in Midfield....
I would love to see both Vivian Ikechuckwu, Peace Effih, or Regina Otu play.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:51am On Feb 20, 2022
Superfalcons off to Abidjan this Morning

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:54am On Feb 20, 2022
Dotez:

Where is Zogg by the way?

Onyinyechi Zogg is currently based in Germany playing for Turbine Portdam FC, one of the German top club .. Former UEFA Women's Champions League and Frauen Bundesliga winner... It's a great club for her to improve more...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Onyinyechi Zogg is currently based in Germany playing for Turbine Portdam FC, one of the German top club .. Former UEFA Women's Champions League and Frauen Bundesliga winner... It's a great club for her to improve more...
Yeah it seems most of our Nigerian male fans just want to see beautiful Zogg on the pitch, many don't even ask about her improvement grin. Patricia George is the one they should be asking about more, but nah grin.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:54am On Feb 20, 2022
GeneralDae:

Yeah it seems most of our Nigerian male fans just want to see beautiful Zogg on the pitch, many don't even ask about her improvement grin. Patricia George is the one they should be asking about more, but nah grin.
.... Lol..... The boys also want their version of maduka Okoye of super eagles.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:53am On Feb 20, 2022
Friendly: Nigeria U17 annihilate WACO
Ademetan Abayomi by Ademetan Abayomi February 20, 2022

Nigeria U17 women’s team bulldozed WACO Ladies 13-0 in a friendly at the FIFA Goal Project pitch in Abuja.

Coach Olowookere Bankole’s managed girls are preparing for their first round World Cup Qualification meeting with DR Congo and thrashed the Abuja based side in their first tune up game.

Opeyemi Ajakaye, Doosuur Atume, Precious Daniel and Raheemot Adebayo netted a brace each.

Dah-Zossu Alvine, Ojiyovwi Kesiena, Kafayat Bashiru, Aminat Folorunsho and Mary Aderemi were also on song.

The team will continue their build up for the African U17WWCQ, India 2022 on Sunday against Beautiful Tour Girls..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PROVERBZ(m): 11:11am On Feb 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Well I am going by the fact that they have water sprinklers installed. I don't think they would be watering an artificial pitch.
turfs are classified into natural,artificial and hybrid.
Hybrid means that there are both natural and artificial elements.
Hybrid pitches are classified into
Hybrid synthetic and hybrid natural.
Hybrid natural means 95percent of the pitch is natural but artificial thread is used to streghten the roots so they don't pull out. Most premier League teams use hybrid natural.
Now hybrid synthetic is like what we have at remo stars where is mostly artificial but we have a coconut shell dust infill bellow which acts like soil and grass is planted untop to intertwine with the artificial grass in other to improve ball movement and give it a natural turf feel.

Thats why remo stars hybrid pitch is being watered and for some other reason like to cool down temperature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:54am On Feb 20, 2022
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuiEHib3uI
Wouldn’t this be somewhat overwhelming
To be singled out every time grin
If she’s an extrovert, then no wahala
People person I guess

Maduka made a goalkeeping error & twitter trolls came for him. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ifeoma Onumonu speaking on her brace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnIfLwiEsdo

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Well I am going by the fact that they have water sprinklers installed. I don't think they would be watering an artificial pitch.

This stadium belongs to Remo stars?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

The problem was that they were using a full TV crew to produce matches. It isn't necessary. I have watched matches in Europe and the psl where only one camera was used. I Knew there would be a problem when I started seeing up to 6 different angles on goals. It was really nice but there was no way we were keeping that up.
One camera might make things too boring. There won't even be close up views at the wings. minimum should be three.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2022
GeneralDae:

Even if she was on the pitch. The cameras will mess everything up. Didi you see any close up view of anyone in the last games except pictures?

Btw, why was Patricia left out?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
One camera might make things too boring. There won't even be close up views at the wings. minimum should be three.

All u have to do is zoom in. I have watched multiple psl games with one camera, it is not as bad as it sounds.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
Danielnino00:

This stadium belongs to Remo stars?

Yes
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
I would like to see a Deborah Abiodun and Christy Ucheibe. We struggled so hard to win the ball back and those 2 are great at doing that. I feel Christy should start. The girl played in the champions league this season and I don't understand why this is even her first call up in a while. She is the closest to Ayinde to me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
I would like to see a Deborah Abiodun and Christy Ucheibe. We struggled so hard to win the ball back and those 2 are great at doing that. I feel Christy should start. The girl played in the champions league this season and I don't understand why this is even her first call up in a while. She is the closest to Ayinde to me.
this our foreign coach is something else. I have no confidence in him.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
dankorode:
Me too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

All u have to do is zoom in. I have watched multiple psl games with one camera, it is not as bad as it sounds.
Zooming in while the camera is actively covering the match. Can't remember the last game I saw that.

Anyways, if a very good camera is used. It will be a decent performance all the same.

Do you know why Patricia George wasn't invited?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
dankorode:

I've felt like this for a while.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 6:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Superfalcons off to Abidjan this Morning

The girls must had landed, any report from CIV
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
do4luv14:

The girls must had landed, any report from CIV

Yes they have landed. They did so a few hours ago
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
lovewins:

Yes they have landed. They did so a few hours ago

Good, is the match on Tuesday, or Wednesday
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
do4luv14:

Good, is the match on Tuesday, or Wednesday

23rd February

Wednesday
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ifeoma Onumonu and the coach speak on competition with Oshoala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DG_AR1dgY

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
lovewins:

23rd February
Wednesday

OK thanks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Ifeoma Onumonu and the coach speak on competition with Oshoala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DG_AR1dgY
Please do you have an answer to my question on Patricia?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Please do you have an answer to my question on Patricia?

Oh my man sorry about that. I don't have the answer to that but I am pretty sure Schemerkhiz does.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Oh my man sorry about that. I don't have the answer to that but I am pretty sure Schemerkhiz does.
Alright. I just remembered that Oparanozie is missing too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.