Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806978 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
Cameroon - The Indomitable Lionesses defeated Central African Republic 3-0 on aggregate in the first round before cruising past the Gambia 10-1 on aggregate to ensure their perfect qualification for #Wafcon. ��

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:13am On Apr 30, 2022
Game Schedule

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:36am On Apr 30, 2022
As I said earlier, the SF should could alternate between a 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 in the WAFCON.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 1:39am On Apr 30, 2022
GeneralDae:

Is there a group of death? At a glance one could argue Group B is the group of death while group A looks too easy for the host.

Exactly how I see it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:13am On Apr 30, 2022
I hope it wouldn't be the same story of south Africa dominating possession and Nigeria unable to string 2 or 3 passes together

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Alfryd: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2022
Deltamani:

Remove Togo
Tunisia is very strong too,

Group of Death is Group C followed by group B

Currently Botswana is the 3rd Strongest team from the Southern region, Burundi the Cry baby

I think west Africa girls are more ruthless than those female from North

well let see how it goes first
but I'm putting my mind on Togo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Alfryd: 9:17am On Apr 30, 2022
this Nation cup could have make sense assuming they didn't include stupíd zoning format

assuming Ghana and Ivory coast are in

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 11:44am On Apr 30, 2022
They should please redesign the trophy, it looks like a principal cup Trophy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2022
Exactly. they should model it like the men's trophy and just make some changes on it
marvin906:
They should please redesign the trophy, it looks like a principal cup Trophy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
isan:
I hope it wouldn't be the same story of south Africa dominating possession and Nigeria unable to string 2 or 3 passes together
we all know how it always end grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
grin i think it will be a bit different this time
we are never dominating possession but we can hurt them with counter with the pace in our attack
mostob:
we all know how it always end grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
Schemerkhiz and deltamani do you guys know if we are playing any more friendlies before AWCON ?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Alfryd: 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2022
isan:
Schemerkhiz and deltamani do you guys know if we are playing any more friendlies before AWCON ?
I could prefer we play Africa team
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2022
isan:
grin i think it will be a bit different this time
we are never dominating possession but we can hurt them with counter with the pace in our attack
To be honest, I admire the SA team. They are quite fit, fast and I like how they dominate possession but their problem is that they lack that X-factor and cutting edge anytime they meet us...they need someone to take charge..Thembi is trying but they need more. Super falcons is not a possession team, we are pacy and physical so the fast counter attack tactic is our major strength.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2022
Alfryd:

I could prefer we play Africa team
I second this.... Either Morocco or Tunisia.... We can play another physical team like Cameroon to properly induct the newbies to the era of gidigbo football grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2022
mostob:
To be honest, I admire the SA team. They are quite fit, fast and I like how they dominate possession but their problem is that they lack that X-factor and cutting edge anytime they meet us...they need someone to take charge..Thembi is trying but they need more. Super falcons is not a possession team, we are pacy and physical so the fast counter attack tactic is our major strength.
Surprising, because until 2016 final against Cameroon in African football for as far as I can remember, we were mainly a possession team. Under these foreign coaches, our tactics have been so different.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
Foreign coach or no, we are (and have always been) a possession team. The pace of the African game is traditionally slower (go watch games through 2016, like you rightly mentioned.
However, when you play quicker teams like the US, Canada, France, etc., they can make you look like you are not a possession team and get you to turn over the ball.
Waldrum has been working on our transition play - getting to move the ball up front quicker. Our ladies will get there soon - not worried at all about this.
GeneralDae:

Surprising, because until 2016 final against Cameroon in African football for as far as I can remember, we were mainly a possession team. Under these foreign coaches, our tactics have been so different.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2022
Wolfsburg 2 Barcelona 0. 86th minute

Wolfsburg really came to play today

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2022
Very disappointing performance by Barça women team. They played with over confidence just like Barça men team used to play after leading in the first leg. This is not a good sign at all. Please never play with over confidence�

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2022
lovewins:
Wolfsburg 2 Barcelona 0. 86th minute

Wolfsburg really came to play today

First loss for Barca after 48games played... Asisat Oshoala had to do some more defending unlike the usual attacking..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
AkinDS:
Foreign coach or no, we are (and have always been) a possession team. The pace of the African game is traditionally slower (go watch games through 2016, like you rightly mentioned.
However, when you play quicker teams like the US, Canada, France, etc., they can make you look like you are not a possession team and get you to turn over the ball.
Waldrum has been working on our transition play - getting to move the ball up front quicker. Our ladies will get there soon - not worried at all about this.

The pace of the African game can be slow but the Superfalcons strength has been Pace and Power and Excellent possession based football against the African side...

Only the U20 and U17 that we mostly dominate all aspects of the game..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
Disappointing performance.
Was not impressed with Alexis Putellas (current WFY). Expected a whole lot more - her decision making sometimes was disappointing.
Anyhow, on to the finals.
Schemerkhiz:

First loss for Barca after 48games played... Asisat Oshoala had to do some more defending unlike the usual attacking..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2022
mostob:
I second this.... Either Morocco or Tunisia.... We can play another physical team like Cameroon to properly induct the newbies to the era of gidigbo football grin grin

The ones you're calling Newbies have already tasted the Physical aspect of the African game of recent against Mali, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire except few, Maybe one or two games against an African side that Play with a lot of power and pace eg The Congolese, Central Africa Republic, Zambia and Senegal side can pose those physical threat but will go down for sure..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
isan:

For sure 100%...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

The ones you're calling Newbies have already tasted the Physical aspect of the African game of recent against Mali, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire except few, Maybe one or two games against an African side that Play with a lot of power and pace eg The Congolese, Central Africa Republic, Zambia and Senegal side can pose those physical threat but will go down for sure..
Really? I'm talking about Ashleigh,Alozie,Ify,Esther...
Never knew they already featured against those teams you mentioned
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
GeneralDae:

Out there, what the whites thought of African football is physicality. That's why some of African footballers are converted to DMs (Mikel is an example)
So when an African team hires a foreign coach, the coach will sometimes ignore the technical prowess of that team and utilises the physical aspect. cheesy
NB...I'm just saying my opinion, these are some of the things I've noticed lately

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2022
mostob:
Really? I'm talking about Ashleigh,Alozie,Ify,Esther...
Never knew they already featured against those teams you mentioned

Didn't you watch the AWCON qualifying game against CIV?

Alozie was a major culprit at the Aisha Buhari Cup last year but she came back stronger...

They all plays in top league such as the WSL, NSWL, French League which is very Physically challenging too...

Note; Esther Okoronkwo is a very stubborn Player so exclude her from this your taught.. if you watch their league games against Lyon this season you would see how she gave tough defenders like Wendie Renard and Buchanan problems..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hismail1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2022
The Flamingoes is leading in Cairo by a lone goal, 10 minutes played.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2022
hismail1:
The Flamingoes is leading in Cairo by a lone goal, 10 minutes played.
The Egyptians now need to score 6 unreplied goals
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
Highlights of Oshoala's performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5KwQEiYXB4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2022
�14' GOOOOAL! in Cairo| Amina Bello doubles the Flamingos lead from Oluwatuminininu Adeshina's well taken corner

Egypt �� 0:2 Nigeria �� (0-6)

#SoarFlamingos
#Team9jaStrong
#EGYNGA @thenff

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2022
HT' in Cairo| Our Flamingos head into the tunnel with two-goal lead at half time at Petrosport Stadium

Egypt �� 0:2 Nigeria �� (0-6)

Opeyemi Ajakaye 5'
Amina Bello 14'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: naijaseeker and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.