Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794709 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:51pm On May 04, 2022
Another technically gifted Superfalcons Forward... Esther Okoronkwo

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:53pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
Please forget this lady - she underwhelms everytime she plays for Nigeria.
That's why she fell out of Waldrum's plans after she put up a very poor display during the Turkish invitational.
Time to focus on more exciting prospects.

Hahaha.... na post i post ooo

Anyways where have you been all this while?
I miss your contributions, do well to help us keep this group busy and updated...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:13pm On May 04, 2022
USA women’s youth U17 player Onyeka Gamero has written her name in the history books after she scored the fastest-ever goal in tournament history for the USA.

Onyeka Gamero achieved this feat Saturday when she opened the scoring for the US U17 women’s team in the 23rd second to lead them to 11-0 win over Curaçao in a CONCACAF U17 Women’s competition.

The wonder kid went on to score in the 49th minute to give the US a 6-0 lead after she assisted Nicholette Kiorpes for a goal in the seventh minute

.Onyeka completed her hat-trick in the 73rd minute for a 10-0 lead.

She has now scored four goals in the tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDKHSfiWqzc

Onyeka Gamero with the United States U17 They are near to qualify to the 2022 FIFA Women's U-17 World Cup. This American forward is half-Spanish and half-Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:15pm On May 04, 2022
The young lady has already represented US at U15, U16, U17 and U18 levels.

Ayo Oke

A top-notch defender, who currently plays for California, featured for NTH Tophat Club and helped them reach the GAL Championship game.

She was named best regional player in the 2020/2021 season.

She was born to Nigerian parents, which makes her eligible to also play for Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:32pm On May 04, 2022
I don't understand why Simi Awujo has recently represented Canada W U20. The very Canadian Soccer Association says she was born and raised in USA to Nigerian parents (born in Nigeria). If she and all of their parents and grandparents were not born in Canada and she has not lived in Canada the required time, she is not eligible to play for Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:35pm On May 04, 2022
2 Nigeria-eligible players are currently representing Canada at the 2022 CONCACAF Women's U-17 Championship. They are Ireoluwa Omotayo and Janet Okeke. The following are their profile on the Canada Soccer website ---> https://www.canadasoccer.com/profile/?id=55756 (Omotayo). https://www.canadasoccer.com/profile/?id=55700 (Okeke).

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:42pm On May 04, 2022
I beg, no vex.
Na work wey no gree me chance. smiley
Schemerkhiz:

Hahaha.... na post i post ooo

Anyways where have you been all this while?
I miss your contributions, do well to help us keep this group busy and updated...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:47pm On May 04, 2022
So many Nigeria talent spread all over the World... There's one also who Plays Right Back for the Netherland U20 Women's team, hopefully i will be monitoring all of them during the various tournament proper..

Posted them here so you all we also keep tabs with them...

Nina Iyobosa Nijstad .... DUTCH U20

I spoke with Nina sometime ago and she was interesting in Playing for the Superfalcons but just wanted her for Finnish with the Dutch U20 first ..

Her performance at this U20 Women's World Cup will definitely prompt me more to go for her...

Anyway thanks to my great friend Andrés Lopés who keeps making the job easy to get access to them..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:48pm On May 04, 2022
Canada is very actively poaching players globally. The Canadian FA and the Canadian govt. are working together on this.
It is not by happenstance that their MNT qualified for the world cup and doing so decisively, winning their CONCACAF group ahead of powerhouses Mexico and the US.
They are slowly but steadily amassing a powerhouse of quality players for their WNT (evidenced by winning the Olympics) and will very soon start to compete for the WWC.
Schemerkhiz:
I don't understand why Simi Awujo has recently represented Canada W U20. The very Canadian Soccer Association says she was born and raised in USA to Nigerian parents (born in Nigeria). If she and all of their parents and grandparents were not born in Canada and she has not lived in Canada the required time, she is not eligible to play for Canada.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:48pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
I beg, no vex.
Na work wey no gree me chance. smiley

At least you're back now, let's keep the platform running...

Shay you da see your Nigerian children them wha da rep another Country, On YouTube you will get to watch their Videos.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:50pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
Canada is very actively poaching players globally. The Canadian FA and the Canadian govt. are working together on this.
It is not by happenstance that their MNT qualified for the world cup and doing so decisively, winning their CONCACAF group ahead of powerhouses Mexico and the US.
They are slowly but steadily amassing a powerhouse of quality players for their WNT (evidenced by winning the Olympics) and will very soon start to compete for the WWC.

But this Simi case is just intriguing to me, Both Parents are Nigerian, born here in Nigeria before moving to the US, I wonder how she became a Canadian without living there for the stipulated number of years.. Not even US but Canada.... hahaha ��
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:52pm On May 04, 2022
We need to do more than just keeping tabs - we need to be more intentional about getting them to play for Nigeria.
It is obvious that just relying on the HB will not get us anywhere and we will soon be left behind, not only in the world, but in Africa itself. Look at the composition of North African countries, if you don't believe this.
We really need to be serious about what are intentions are as a footballing nation, or else, we will soon become a nonentity.
Schemerkhiz:
So many Nigeria talent spread all over the World... There's one also who Plays Right Back for the Netherland U20 Women's team, hopefully i will be monitoring all of them during the various tournament proper..

Posted them here so you all we also keep tabs with them...

Nina Iyobosa Nijstad .... DUTCH U20
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:52pm On May 04, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
I bet that girl in the second picture is also Nigerian. .Aigbogun.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:53pm On May 04, 2022
Its a pathway to Canadian citizenship. She qualified by donning the Canadian colors.
Those Canadians are very serious and don't horse around.
Schemerkhiz:

But this Simi case is just intriguing to me, Both Parents are Nigerian, born here in Nigeria before moving to the US, I wonder how she became a Canadian without living there for the stipulated number of years.. Not even US but Canada.... hahaha ��
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:56pm On May 04, 2022
mostob:

Yes she's but already playing for the Switzerland Women National Team with over 30caps...

She spoke out years ago about playing for Nigeria but we didn't go for her, She's Chiamaka Nnadozie team mate at Paris FC in France, plays as a Left wing but currently as a Left Back for Paris FC

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:57pm On May 04, 2022
Eseosa Aigbogun - Swiss player who we chose to ignore even when she had aspirations to play for Naija by way of her dad.
So many kids we could have had.

Similar will happen to the young Vicki girl in Spain. There is absolutely no way Spain will let her go. No way, considering she is a precocious talent who could become world class.
Naija dropped the ball here - big time!
mostob:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:58pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
Its a pathway to Canadian citizenship. She qualified by donning the Canadian colors.
Those Canadians are very serious and don't horse around.

Anyway Sha... My Big eyes are on all of them, Following them up bumper to bumper especially Vicky Lopez, Spain must not get her at the Senior level, She's still very much interested in playing for the Superfalcons, Her father too wanted her to play for Nigeria in honor of her late mother but Spain don ready grab her like dis...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:00pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
Eseosa Aigbogun - Swiss player who we chose to ignore even when she had aspirations to play for Naija by way of her dad.
So many kids we could have had. Similar will happen to the young Vicki girl in Spain. There is absolutely no way Spain will let her go. No way, considering she is a precocious talent who could become world class.
Naija dropped the ball here - big time!

Vicky wears no.10 for Spain U17 now, she has the final say here, I know too well that Spain wouldn't let her go but the Nigeria in her is still there...

With the presence of Ashleigh Plumptre, Tony Sisters, Onyi Zogg, Roosa Ariyo in the team I believe they would all want to play for Nigeria too..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:03pm On May 04, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
USA women’s youth U17 player Onyeka Gamero has written her name in the history books after she scored the fastest-ever goal in tournament history for the USA.

Onyeka Gamero achieved this feat Saturday when she opened the scoring for the US U17 women’s team in the 23rd second to lead them to 11-0 win over Curaçao in a CONCACAF U17 Women’s competition.

The wonder kid went on to score in the 49th minute to give the US a 6-0 lead after she assisted Nicholette Kiorpes for a goal in the seventh minute

.Onyeka completed her hat-trick in the 73rd minute for a 10-0 lead.

She has now scored four goals in the tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDKHSfiWqzc

Onyeka Gamero with the United States U17 They are near to qualify to the 2022 FIFA Women's U-17 World Cup. This American forward is half-Spanish and half-Nigerian.

This Gamero too is another super talented striker good with both feets, Half Nigeria and Half Spanish but US don ready grab her....

I remember one player who recently debuted for Netherland at the Senior level, she was open to play for 3 top counties Spain, US and Netherland but she went with the Dutch..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:03pm On May 04, 2022
Like I stated, it will be a tall order for her to play for Nigeria - I believe that ship has already sailed.
Naija lacks a well defined intake process and that has been the problem for us.

We have too many myopic and uninformed administrators who simply are incapable of seeing the big picture.
With the potential talent we have globally, there is absolutely NO reason why we shouldn't be a top 10 country and be able to make it to the Semi finals of the WWC. Absolutely NO reason.
But then again, its Naija with all its failures and inability to forward think.
Schemerkhiz:

Anyway Sha... My Big eyes are on all of them, Following them up bumper to bumper especially Vicky Lopez, Spain must not get her at the Senior level, She's still very much interested in playing for the Superfalcons, Her father too wanted her to play for Nigeria in honor of her late mother but Spain don ready grab her like dis...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:06pm On May 04, 2022
This kid is a superb player. Watched her play this past weekend and she just reminded me of a more refined and skillful Ordega in her U20 days.
Another one that slipped thru the cracks for Naija.
Schemerkhiz:

This Gamero too is another super talented striker good with both feets, Half Nigeria and Half Spanish but US don ready grab her....

I remember one player who recently debuted for Netherland at the Senior level, she was open to play for 3 top counties Spain, US and Netherland but she went with the Dutch..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:09pm On May 04, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Yes she's but already playing for the Switzerland Women National Team with over 30caps...

She spoke out years ago about playing for Nigeria but we didn't go for her, She's Chiamaka Nnadozie team mate at Paris FC in France, plays as a Left wing but currently as a Left Back for Paris FC
Ok....fact is we can't call everybody. We will get some and at the same time, lose some. A lot of Nigeria eligible players are littered abroad but when you consider the upcoming talents currently I'm our U20 and U17, wetin man go do

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:21pm On May 04, 2022
At least, make an effort to get them and if you lose, you lose.
Not that you fold your arms and do nothing, and expect to get the best talent out there - which is the stance Nigeria has adopted all these years and we have paid dearly for it.
mostob:
Ok....fact is we can't call everybody. We will get some and at the same time, lose some. A lot of Nigeria eligible players are littered abroad but when you consider the upcoming talents currently I'm our U20 and U17, wetin man go do

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:24pm On May 04, 2022
Swedish Forward Fridolina Rolfo doesn't mind playing as a Left Back as far she gets the game time at Barcelona Femenino...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:26pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
At least, make an effort to get them and if you lose, you lose.
Not that you fold your arms and do nothing, and expect to get the best talent out there - which is the stance Nigeria has adopted all these years and we have paid dearly for it.

We're doing our best and you all also have a part to play too...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:30pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
This kid is a superb player. Watched her play this past weekend and she just reminded me of a more refined and skillful Ordega in her U20 days.
Another one that slipped thru the cracks for Naija.

She also have the physical looks of Ifeoma Onumonu strike partner at Gotham FC... Play the same with a lot of pace Margaret Purce the US international...

We're not the only one loosing Players here too, Catarina Macario who plays for Lyon turn down Brazil to Play for the US... Look how she's booming up and up now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:36pm On May 04, 2022
mostob:

E nor easy at all...

But the truth is that Wether Foreign Born or Home Based they all deserve equal opportunity to play for Nigeria, but right now we mainly work with the Home grown at the U17 level and like 2 to 3% of the Foreign born too at the U20 level...

Right now am confused as to where Coach Randy Waldrum would play Tony Payne in the Superfalcon starting 11...

He already tried her out in over multiple positions for a Year..

Wing Back, Left Back, Attacking Midfield and as a forward..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:03pm On May 04, 2022
5 Assist and 4 goals for Onyeka Gamero in 3games..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:39pm On May 04, 2022
AkinDS:
Like I stated, it will be a tall order for her to play for Nigeria - I believe that ship has already sailed.
Naija lacks a well defined intake process and that has been the problem for us.

We have too many myopic and uninformed administrators who simply are incapable of seeing the big picture.
With the potential talent we have globally, there is absolutely NO reason why we shouldn't be a top 10 country and be able to make it to the Semi finals of the WWC. Absolutely NO reason.
But then again, its Naija with all its failures and inability to forward think.

I think the key word here is a "well defined intake process". One thing Randy will forever be remembered for his successfully putting nepotism to a pause. I've listened to interviews of almost every new intake to the team and their inclusion was stress free. We however can't center this process around Randy as this will likely end of we engage a new coach. It's important a laid down process be instituted.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:54pm On May 04, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
She will thrive in a 4-3-3
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:07pm On May 04, 2022
Olympic Lyon vs Paris FC this Weekend...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:11pm On May 04, 2022
PDPGuy:

She will thrive in a 4-3-3

Of course even in their Low block formation..

It's going to be difficult for Randy Waldrum picking his 23players for the AWCON proper...

Maybe
(A) 3 Goalkeepers, 7 Defenders, 6 Midfielders, 7 Strikers

Or
(B) 3 Goalkeepers, 7 Defenders, 7 Midfielders, 6 Strikers

Or
(C)

3 Goalkeepers, 6 Defenders, 7 Midfielders, 7 Strikers

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.