Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806338 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:16pm On May 13, 2022
Coach Randy Waldrum should summon the courage and Play Tony Payne as one of the forwards upfront, we need her pace and technical brilliance there... It seems the Deeper role she plays as a full back or Wingback isn't doing a top player like her any favour.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:24pm On May 13, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Coach Randy Waldrum should summon the courage and Play Tony Payne as one of the forwards upfront, we need her pace and technical brilliance there... It seems the Deeper role she plays as a full back or Wingback isn't doing a top player like her any favour.

Let's say A. Oshoala/ I. Onumonu/ T. Payne

Upfront with the likes of Fransisca Ordega, Uchenna Kanu, Esther Okoronkwo, Desire Oparanozie, Vivian Ikechukwu and Co from the bench..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:39pm On May 14, 2022
Senegal ain't joking with the AWCON...

Senegal are putting final touches in readiness for #AWCON22 with a friendly against Guinea Bissau next week.

Aftermath, they’ll travel to Turkey to wrap up their preparations for the event.

Playing in their second AWCON finals, they in
Group A with Morocco, Uganda and Burkina Faso.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:55pm On May 14, 2022
Ghana Women Football

“You have to keep talking about it until they change their mind. look at the coaching staff for Black Stars & the Woman’s Teams.A huge difference & it all playing part in the women’s development. They are okay with whatever outcome they get instead of finding ways to change it.” Jennifer Kaka Cudjoe

Jennifer Cudjoe 28yrs is a Ghanaian professional woman soccer player who plays as a midfielder for NJ/NY Gotham FC in the National Women's Soccer League.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:41am On May 15, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
You want him to take out Franny, Oshoala ?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:23am On May 15, 2022
yinkeys:

You want him to take out Franny, Oshoala ?

Either can be taken out when they're tired, even Onumonu as well... But the thing is he can remove a full back the push Payne there, and bring in another forward in her place upfront but the problem now is the Squad is tight, he's going to face a lot of problems setting up his first 11... Players like Ebi, Chikwelu and Co will need to be moved to the bench...

Anyway he's going to be having a larger pool of players for the AWCON... 28players I think..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Either can be taken out when they're tired, even Onumonu as well... But the thing is he can remove a full back the push Payne there, and bring in another forward in her place upfront but the problem now is the Squad is tight, he's going to face a lot of problems setting up his first 11... Players like Ebi, Chikwelu and Co will need to be moved to the bench...

Anyway he's going to be having a larger pool of players for the AWCON... 28players I think..
If we play 3 - 4 - 3
We don’t have better players with pace & dribbling skills to take up Gloria & Payne’s roles at the moment.
They are perfect for those positions in my opinion.
When they attack, I’m usually confident they pose a threat to the opponents from the flanks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:35pm On May 15, 2022
Barcelona players are acting like they don't want Oshoala to get this golden boot. Ajibade is balling.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:36pm On May 15, 2022
Congratulations Asisat Oshoala

Premier Ibedradola Golden Boot Winner 2021/2022 Season...

Scoring 20goals, 4 Assist and 1 yellow Card in 19 games ahead of Brazilian and Madrid CFF striker Geyse with 20goals,1 Assist, 10 yellow Cards and 1Red Card in 27games..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:36pm On May 15, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Barcelona players are acting like they don't want Oshoala to get this golden boot. Ajibade is balling.

No need to stress out, She already won it ahead of Geyse..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:39pm On May 15, 2022
yinkeys:

If we play 3 - 4 - 3
We don’t have better players with pace & dribbling skills to take up Gloria & Payne’s roles at the moment.
They are perfect for those positions in my opinion.
When they attack, I’m usually confident they pose a threat to the opponents from the flanks.

You say??

Michelle Alozie, Patricia George and Nicole Payne are far far quicker and skillful than Glory Ogbonna except Tony Payne who's a more experience and excellent Player...

The First two can start with Nicole Payne substituting for either of them when the need arises..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

You say??

Michelle Alozie, Patricia George and Nicole Payne are far far quicker and skillful than Glory Ogbonna except Tony Payne who's a more experience and excellent Player...

The First two can start with Nicole Payne substituting for either of them when the need arises..
I beg your pardon Alozie & Payne
I switched the names
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:23pm On May 15, 2022
Are you saying Toni is not quick?
She's got a good set of wheels on her and would hold her own against any of the other three you mentioned.
Schemerkhiz:

You say??

Michelle Alozie, Patricia George and Nicole Payne are far far quicker and skillful than Glory Ogbonna [b]except Tony Payne [/b]who's a more experience and excellent Player...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:51pm On May 15, 2022
GOLDEN Boot for Queen Zee…

Even after missing 11games this season due to injury she still won the Golden Boot, imagine playing the 30league games or maybe 27 or so

Congratulations Superzee!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:51pm On May 15, 2022
Highlights of Asisat Oshoala and Rasheedat Ajibade facing off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm2RRrf0Nb8

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:53pm On May 15, 2022
AkinDS:
She's got a good set of wheels on her and would hold her own against any of the other three you mentioned.

Haba... Tony is very quick
All I'm trying to say is that Coach Randy should play her upfront like she does for Sevilla FC instead of using her defensively...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:01pm On May 15, 2022
AkinDS:

Among the 3 Players I listed, Michelle Alozie, Patricia George and Nicole Payne. Tony is a very quick player but only quicker than Alozie i think, her younger sister and Patty are way faster than her

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:17pm On May 15, 2022
20goals in 20games for Maclean's Chinonyerem

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:16am On May 16, 2022
Nigeria Women League Super Six Tournament

FT- |Bayelsa Queens 2 Rivers Angels 1|

Joy Bokiri 33' ⚽| 1-0
Rafiat Imran 76' ⚽| 1-1
Monday Gift 91' ⚽| 2-1

#BAYRIV
#NWFLPremiershipSuper6|#TulcanEnergy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:37pm On May 16, 2022
Hmm 2 players or should i say mercenaries bayelsa signed recently why they are allowed to sign them both i will never understand
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria Women League Super Six Tournament

FT- |Bayelsa Queens 2 Rivers Angels 1|

Joy Bokiri 33' ⚽| 1-0
Rafiat Imran 76' ⚽| 1-1
Monday Gift 91' ⚽| 2-1

#BAYRIV
#NWFLPremiershipSuper6|#TulcanEnergy
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:57pm On May 16, 2022
isan:
Hmm 2 players or should i say mercenaries bayelsa signed recently why they are allowed to sign them both i will never understand

Monday Gift went there on loan since her club didn't qualify for the Super6...

Why Joy Bokiri returned from Europe after her contract with AIK of Sweden came to an end...

River Angles, Bayelsa Queens, Edo Queens etc are the highest paying Nigeria women football Clubside so they're good enough to get any of the Players... This Clubs pays at least $400 and above as monthly wages, they also pay bonuses and other little tokens, one of the reasons they tends to sign the big Players around Nigeria..

Clubs like Nasarawa Amazon's, Delta Queens ain't doing bad too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:35pm On May 16, 2022
Monday went to bayelsa solely for the super6 and will go back to her parent club once the super6 is over , I think transfer like this won't let the league grow faster Monday is a known talent already and she has gone to bayelsa to take a space of another up coming player.
Schemerkhiz:

Monday Gift went there on loan since her club didn't qualify for the Super6...

Why Joy Bokiri returned from Europe after her contract with AIK of Sweden came to an end...

River Angles, Bayelsa Queens, Edo Queens etc are the highest paying Nigeria women football Clubside so they're good enough to get any of the Players... This Clubs pays at least $400 and above as monthly wages, they also pay bonuses and other little tokens, one of the reasons they tends to sign the big Players around Nigeria..

Clubs like Nasarawa Amazon's, Delta Queens ain't doing bad too
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:23pm On May 16, 2022
So who does Flourish play for now?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:42pm On May 16, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
So who does Flourish play for now?

I think her case is still in court. Sadly this is to the detriment of her career.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:02pm On May 16, 2022
Superfalcons AWCON Provisional Squad List is Out....

A notable Midfielder Missing here...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:21pm On May 16, 2022
Super Falcons: Ebi, Oshoala, 30 Others Invited To AFCON Camp In Morocco

Head Coach Randy Waldrum has invited 32 players to the camp of the Super Falcons as the Cup holders get set for a two-week training camp in Morocco ahead of the 12th Women Africa Cup of Nations holding in the same country on 2nd – 23rd July.
Goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie, defender and captain Onome Ebi, midfielders Rasheedat Ajibade and Toni Payne, and forwards Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie, and Asisat Oshoala are among those called to the two-week intensive training programme.

The training camp will open on 18th June in the North African kingdom, with all players already advised to arrive in Rabat on 17th June.

Goalkeepers:
•Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC, France);
•Tochukwu Oluehi (Maccabi Kishronot Hadera, Israel);
•Rita Akarekor (Nasarawa Amazons);
•Yewande Balogun (Coppermine United, USA)

Defenders:
•Opeyemi Sunday (Edo Queens);
•Glory Ogbonna (Santa Teresa FC, Spain);
•Onome Ebi (En Avant Guingamp, France); •Osinachi Ohale (Deportivo Alaves, Spain); •Ugochi Emenayo (Konak Belediyespor
,Turkey);
•Ashleigh Plumptre (Leicester City, England);
•Nicole Payne (West Virginia University, USA);
•Michelle Alozie (Houston Dash, USA);
•Akudo Ogbonna (Edo Queens)

Midfielders:
•Peace Efih (Kiryat Gat, Israel);
•Amanda Uju Mbadi (Atasehir Belediyespor, Turkey);
•Halimatu Ayinde (Eskilstuna FC, Sweden); •Charity Adule (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain); •Toni Oyedupe Payne (Sevilla FC, Spain);
•Regina Otu (Minsk FC, Belarus);
•Christy Ucheibe (SL Benfica, Portugal); •Rasheedat Ajibade (Atletico Madrid, Spain);
•Rita Chikwelu (Madrid CFF, Spain);
•Suliat Abideen (Edo Queens)

Forwards:
•Anam Imo (Pitea IF, Sweden);
•Francisca Ordega (CSKA Moscow, Russia); •Desire Oparanozie (Wuhan Chegu Jianghan, China);
•Vivian Ikechukwu (WFC Gintra, Lithuania); •Chinonyerem Macleans (GSK Gornik Leczna, Poland);
•Chinwendu Ihezuo (Meizhou Hakka Club, China);
•Ifeoma Onumonu (NY/NJ Gotham FC, USA); •Uchenna Kanu (Tigres Femenil, Mexico);
•Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:31pm On May 16, 2022
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:31pm On May 16, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Superfalcons AWCON Provisional Squad List is Out....

A notable Midfielder Missing here...
Okobi?

By the way, Anam Imo and Ihezuo are surprised additions

And i think we should forget about Pat. She may never play for us again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 7:05pm On May 16, 2022
Esther Okoronkwo, Patricia Gorge?.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:05pm On May 16, 2022
mostob:

Okobi?

By the way, Anam Imo and Ihezuo are surprised additions

And i think we should forget about Pat. She may never play for us again.

I think the issue is from the Coaching Crews not from Patty side...

Injury kick out Esther Okoronkwo... Shit

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:27pm On May 16, 2022
She fought with the coach ?
Schemerkhiz:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

Coaching crew? Well if you say so. Because, based on the reviews you normally drop about her here, she is supposed to be one of the first name on the team sheet

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.