Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817260 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
Bigzigg:

Sorry, I disagree.

That was what some people said when Cameroonian Njoye Adjara Nchout moved to Atletico Madrid Femenino some time ago, Same was said about Thembi kgatlana moving to Atletico, these people tends to hype this players too much thinking it's easy to fit into a Coach pattern.

Rating her 3rd Africa best goal Scorer ahead of some names is an insult... It's your Choice though..

Since you mentioned two Ex-players let me also name the likes of Cynthia Uwak, Genoveva Anonman did you watch them at all?..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
Bigzigg:

Sorry, I disagree.
Of course I knew you would. Name your top 3.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
Schemerkhiz:

That was what some people said when Cameroonian Njoye Adjara Nchout moved to Atletico Madrid Femenino some time ago, Same was said about Thembi kgatlana moving to Atletico, these people tends to hype this players too much thinking it's easy to fit into a Coach pattern.

Rating her 3rd Africa best goal Scorer ahead of some names is an insult... It's your Choice though..

Since you mentioned two Ex-players let me also name the likes of Cynthia Uwak, Genoveva Anonman did you watch them at all?..

For me Njoye Adjara cannot be compared to Babara Banda and definitely not Thembi Kgatlana. I would definitely rate Oshoala above both.
I didn't really pay much attention to Genoveva (probably due to conspiracy theories on her then), but even then Genoveva faded out too quickly. With Cynthia Uwak you may have a point.

Barbara is talented, her biggest problem is injury and I have been following her since 2018 in the Cosafa games alongside Chawinga in Malawi.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

For me Njoye Adjara cannot be compared to Babara Banda and definitely not Thembi Kgatlana. I would definitely rate Oshoala above both.
I didn't really pay much attention to Genoveva (probably due to conspiracy theories on her then), but even then Genoveva faded out too quickly. With Cynthia Uwak you may have a point.

Barbara is talented, her biggest problem is injury and I have been following her since 2018 in the Cosafa games alongside Chawinga in Malawi.

There’s no need to rate them cause Asisat Oshoala isn’t in their Class… Maybe you can bring in Uchenna Kanu and Compare with them..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
2022 CAF WOMEN'S AFCON ZAMBIA SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS:
Hazel Nali (Fatih Vatan Spor),
Leticia Lungu (Zesco Ndola Girls),
Catherine Musonda (Indeni Roses)

DEFENDERS:
Esther Banda (BUSA),
Esther Siamfuko (Queens Academy),
Margaret Belemu (Shanghai Shengli),
Martha Tembo, (Green Buffaloes)
Lushomo Mweemba, (Green Buffaloes)
Agness Musesa, (Green Buffaloes)
Anita Mulenga (Green Buffaloes)
Judith Soko (YASA Girls)

MIDFIELDERS:
Misozi Zulu (Hakkariguku Spor FC),
Ireen Lungu (Green Buffaloes),
Mary Wilombe (Red Arrows),
Evarine Susan Katongo (ZISD Women),
Avell Chitundu (Zesco Ndola Girls),
Maweta Chilenga (BUSA)

STRIKERS:
Barbara Banda (Shanghai Shengli),
Xiomara Mapepa (Lusaka Dynamos Ladies), Grace Chanda (BIIK Kazygurt),
Ochumba Oseke Lubanji (Red Arrows),
Noria Sosala (Indeni Roses),
Natasha Nanyangwe (Green Buffaloes)

Coach: Bruce Mwape

#WAFCON2022

Groups B:
CAMEROON
ZAMBIA
TUNISIA
TOGO

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2022
Deltamani:

There’s no need to rate them cause Asisat Oshoala isn’t in their Class… Maybe you can bring in Uchenna Kanu and Compare with them..
Asissat Oshoala is great no doubt. I am not rating based on what they have achieved necessarily. Of course Oshoala is the most decorated African female footballer, I was rating based on their efficiencies as strikers. For instance, Eto is a better player than Rudd Van Nisterroyl and Eto is also more decorated, but I consider Rudd a slightly better finisher than Eto in terms of the number of chances they may take in a game and how they position themselves to take those chances. So I can say Rudd is arguably a slightly better finisher than Eto but not necessarily a better player.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mwakapila and kudanaji are missing , I heard the coach is a strong head
Deltamani:

GOALKEEPERS:

DEFENDERS:
Esther Banda (BUSA),
Judith Soko (YASA Girls)

MIDFIELDERS:
Maweta Chilenga (BUSA)

STRIKERS:

#WAFCON2022

Groups B:
CAMEROON
ZAMBIA
TUNISIA
TOGO
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
They are taking 23 players
Deltamani:

GOALKEEPERS:

DEFENDERS:
Esther Banda (BUSA),
Judith Soko (YASA Girls)

MIDFIELDERS:
Maweta Chilenga (BUSA)

STRIKERS:

#WAFCON2022

Groups B:
CAMEROON
ZAMBIA
TUNISIA
TOGO

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
isan:
Mwakapila and kudanaji are missing , I heard the coach is a strong head
Kudanaji?? why?? One of their best players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mwakapila was the little midfielder that tormented super falcons in 2018 very skillful with quick feet and she always dribble her way out of tight spaces with ease , there was uproar in Zambia for their omission the F.A had to release a statement to calm the fans down
GeneralDae:

Kudanaji?? why?? One of their best players.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Haywhy1002: 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
isan:
Mwakapila was the little midfielder that tormented super falcons in 2018 very skillful with quick feet and she always dribble her way out of tight spaces with ease , there was uproar in Zambia for their omission the F.A had to release a statement to calm the fans down
Oh..I remember her now. And here I was thinking she is the star of that team. The girl na baller...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
It’s like this forum has started to become pro-Zambian….I thought the intent was to recognize and uplift OUR LADIES.

I mean, who really gives a toss about Zambia? Sorry, but I have zero respect for all those African teams parading men disguised as women.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 12:21am On Jun 13, 2022
AkinDS:
It’s like this forum has started to become pro-Zambian….I thought the intent was to recognize and uplift OUR LADIES.

I mean, who really gives a toss about Zambia? Sorry, but I have zero respect for all those African teams parading men disguised as women.
grin.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Haywhy1002: 9:37am On Jun 13, 2022
AkinDS:

Nothing bad in 'opponent watch'
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Of course I knew you would. Name your top 3.

Though she's good, she's achieved nothing yet, therefore does not deserve that accolade.

You could argue that she's more clinical in front of goal than Oshoala, but that's not where it all starts and ends, cos there're a few other Nigerian players who are more clinical than Oshoala as well.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Gintra FC and Nigeria Superfalcon Striker Vivian Ikechukwu

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
2022 CONCACAF W CHAMPIONSHIP
��USA SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS:
Aubrey Kingsbury (Washington Spirit), Casey Murphy (North Carolina Courage), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Red Stars)

DEFENDERS:
Alana Cook (OL Reign), Emily Fox (Racing Louisville FC), Naomi Girma (San Diego Wave FC), Sofia Huerta (OL Reign), Kelley O’Hara (Washington Spirit), Becky Sauerbrunn (Portland Thorns FC), Emily Sonnett (Washington Spirit)

MIDFIELDERS:
Lindsey Horan (Olympique Lyon), Taylor Kornieck (San Diego Wave FC), Rose Lavelle (OL Reign), Kristie Mewis (NJ/NY Gotham FC), Ashley Sanchez (Washington Spirit), Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit)

FORWARDS: Ashley Hatch (Washington Spirit; 8/4), Alex Morgan (San Diego Wave FC), Mallory Pugh (Chicago Red Stars), Midge Purce (NJ/NY Gotham FC), Megan Rapinoe (OL Reign), Trinity Rodman (Washington Spirit), Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns FC)

Coach: Vlatko Andonovski

#ConcacafW
Group A: USA�� MEX�� JAM�� HAI

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
Anam Imo assist twice as Pitea IF beat Djurgarden FC 3nil..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2022
Superfalcon Attacking Midfielder Ngozi Okobi score third league goal...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 9:05am On Jun 14, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Superfalcon Attacking Midfielder Ngozi Okobi score third league goal...

See as this one just fat anyhow.

She doesn't even look like a professional footballer anymore. Sad
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:06am On Jun 14, 2022
timay1:

I guess I need to fix my screen because I didn't see any of that in the pictures.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2022
AkinDS:

Minister of differentiating between man and woman grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2022
Who else can't wait for WAFCON cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:39am On Jun 14, 2022
So bad I can't fast forward the remaining days
BascoVanVeli:
Who else can't wait for WAFCON cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
WAFCON 2022: Super Falcons open camp in Abuja
promptnewsonline.com Jun 13, 2022 11:49 AM

In a bid to prepare adequately for the defence of the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON) trophy won by Nigeria in 2018 in Ghana, the Super Falcons will open camp in Abuja on Tuesday ahead of their trip to Rabat,
Morocco early next week for a pre-tournament intensive training camp in the host country.

No fewer than 35 players invited by Super Falcons Head Coach Randy Waldrum for the training tour from which he will select 25 players to prosecute the 2022 WAFCON which will hold from July 2 to July 23 in Morocco, have been directed to converge on Abuja from tomorrow Tuesday by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Prompt News has exclusively gathered that the players, backroom staff and Nigerian assistant coaches will arrive Abuja camp tomorrow while training will commence on Wednesday, the day the United States-born gaffer and his two compatriots will join the camp to take charge of proceedings.

It can also be confirmed that most of the invited foreign-based players are already in Nigeria as European leagues have since ended just as some of them like Peace Effih who plays club football with Kiryat Gat FC in Isreal have been sighted in Abuja.

Others in the country as at the time of this report are FC Barcelona feminino star Asisat Lamina Oshoala; Paris FC reliable goalkeeper, Chiamaka Cynthia Nnadozie and Christy Ucheibe of SL Benfica of Portugal as well as the defender Glory Ogbonna of Santa Teresa, Spain.

The Super Falcons delegation is expected to depart Abuja on Tuesday June 21, clear 11 days to the start of WAFCON 2022.

Meanwhile, the current Nigeria Women’s Football League (NWFL) top goalscorer, Monday Gift and 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup star, Chidinma Okeke, who were not initially invited to camp but later brought in by Waldrum are among the players in the revised invited list.

**Revised Super Falcons Provisional
Squad at a Glance:

Goalkeepers: Chiamaka Nnadozie (Paris FC, France); Tochukwu Oluehi (Maccabi Kishronot Hadera, Israel); Rita Akarekor (Nasarawa Amazons); Yewande Balogun (Coppermine United, USA).

Defenders: Chidinma Okeke (Unattached); Glory Ogbonna (Santa Teresa FC, Spain); Onome Ebi (En Avant Guingamp, France); Osinachi Ohale (Deportivo Alaves, Spain); Ugochi Emenayo (Konak Belediyespor Izmir, Turkey); Ashleigh Plumptre (Leicester City, England); Nicole Payne (West Virginia University, USA); Michelle Alozie (Houston Dash, USA); Akudo Ogbonna (Edo Queens).

Midfielders: Peace Efih (Kiryat Gat, Israel); Amanda Uju Mbadi (Atasehir Belediyespor, Turkey); Halimatu Ayinde (Eskilstuna United, Sweden); Charity Adule (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain); Toni Oyedupe Payne (Sevilla FC, Spain); Regina Otu (Minsk FC, Belarus); Christy Ucheibe (SL Benfica, Portugal); Rasheedat Ajibade (Atletico Madrid, Spain); Rita Chikwelu (Madrid CFF, Spain); Suliat Abideen (Edo Queens).

Forwards: Gift Monday (Bayelsa Queens); Francisca Ordega (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Desire Oparanozie (Wuhan Chegu Jianghan, China); Vivian Ikechukwu (WFC Gintra, Lithuania); Chinonyerem Macleans (GSK Gornik Leczna, Poland); Chinwendu Ihezuo (Meizhou Hakka Club, China); Ifeoma Onumonu (NY/NJ Gotham FC, USA); Uchenna Kanu (Tigres Femenil, Mexico); Asisat Oshoala (FC Barcelona, Spain).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
Congratulations Ada Hegerberg

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
timay1:

How’s she fat?? Cause I’m not seeing any fat here.

By the way do you want her to look Manly first before you would in that she’s fit..?

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nigerian Ayo Oke named to the US U20 Women's Team Squad for the Sud Ladies cup

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
Deltamani:
Gintra FC and Nigeria Superfalcon Striker Vivian Ikechukwu
judging by these pictures, she still has along way to go... I mean just look at how that Oyibo dey bully am....the 4th picture is just...just....see, she better retire
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
mostob:
judging by these pictures, she still has along way to go... I mean just look at how that Oyibo dey bully am....the 4th picture is just...just....see, she better retire

Action pictures speaks but you can’t really judge from the picture that she was bullied, the Vivian Ikechukwu i know is a strong and quick player.. Something else must have led to her falling. The game video would have explained better.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Deltamani:

Action pictures speaks but you can’t really judge from the picture that she was bullied, the Vivian Ikechukwu i know is a strong and quick player.. Something else must have led to her falling. The game video would have explained better.
Oh...I was joking bro. But the pictures look funny especially the last one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.