Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (842489 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (1091) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2022
Ennyjay69:
Botswana??
Did 3 teams qualify from our group?
yea
best loser

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
grin grin

Are you seeing clips from the dressing room? I kinda have a lil ish with it but i fit overlook for now. The songs and all by Oluehi
Being an ibo dominated squad. They sing a lot of native songs. Isn't an new thing. Even Nnadozie, Ebi and co do lead those moments too.

You think it's a distraction?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:31am On Jul 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
The one that provoked me about Kanu was when she turned 180 degrees to take a shot instead of passing to one of the two players in front of her.
Selfishness was a big problem. The game plan crumbled when everyone started trying to cash out on Burundi.

Kanu shouldn't start the next game...
Her selfishness today was just annoying...

Against Cameroon, Ordega, Onumonu and Ajibade should lead the line..

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:33am On Jul 11, 2022
Ennyjay69:
Botswana??
Did 3 teams qualify from our group?
Yeah

Two best losers plus the 6 normal qualified teams.

Group A teams finished worse so that left the two slots to B and C. Meaning even if we lost, we would have qualified as best losers, had South not won
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:36am On Jul 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Being an ibo dominated squad. They sing a lot of native songs. Isn't an new thing. Even Nnadozie, Ebi and co do lead those moments too.

You think it's a distraction?

The male team mix it for all. You'd see Nacho singing/leading, mixing yoruba songs or Otherwise. Not a distraction but they can make it much more inclusive for all.

Plumptre no know the people she come jam sha grin

Anyways, kudos to what Oluehi does. She's been like that since 2018.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:39am On Jul 11, 2022
Intelligence of Alozie and Payne is top most. Different positions and instructions. I think they should have a chance at their natural positions too. Mehn. They're so good we've almost forgotten they are playing out of position.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 6:15am On Jul 11, 2022
arsenal96:
Today's game was in two phases, first half was enjoyable,but second half was painful to watch.

Stand out players, Ajibade R (my WoTM), 1 goal, 2 assists, she was involved in all 4 goals. Uchenna Kanu, she should had easily got 5 goals today, 2 goals in her first start is commendable. Ucheibe was full of energy throughout the match. Efih didn't have a bad game too, her ball carrying ability was superb. Toni payne made Ajibade look exceptional, she stayed at her position, no unnecessary overlap, this really helped Ajibade to stay on her wing for those long balls and through passes.

Average performers, Nicole payne, defended well, but didn't see much of her attacking wise, Ohale had a much improve game compare to her last 2 games. Her long balls were superb today.

Below average performers, Okobi played too much backward passes, she was not creative enough. Vivian Ike disappointed, I expected more from her from that wing where Ajibade excelled . She didn't cross any ball to the box successfully neither did she beat her marker for once in the match. Monday gift passing accuracy today was poor. MacLean didn't show any sign of smart striker. Had one on one with the goal keeper that she missed, her dribbling skill was poor too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:

You forgot Rosa o. Lol
You mean Rosa Ariyo? She's quiet slow and hasn't impressed yet even while she was in Spain. I think we should begin to look inwards a little bit as well and not just focus only on foreign based players. If we go for foreign based players, then only the most impressive should be scouted for.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:40am On Jul 11, 2022
Highlights of the Super Falcons match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxNRJTK_C4

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
Otu combo. grin
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:27am On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
The two strikers of South Africa are injured. I hope that doesn't affect them. Beauty of that side is anyone can be in a scoring position but they are slack in the box,But good in buildup.
Kgatlana and Seoponsewe are injured. The injuries look a bit serious as both limped out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:27am On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
Potm na Ohale
CAF na joke....how do they determine POTM sef... Ajibade was easily the POTM yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:29am On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:

You forgot Rosa o. Lol
She is still in contention with MacLean still not impressive yet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2022
Nicole and Tony sef....they look alike and still play alike though Toni is more intelligent...

I have been impressed by the way Nnadozie always look calm even when catching shots...

Nice game though I was expecting more goals in the second half...

Cameroon in QF is kinda scaring me a bit...those girls are too physical..

Botswana may lost as everything is against them as per host wey Dem dey play...

Okobi, Rita and MacLean are really underperforming... Uchendu, Okoronkwo and Ariyo may just sneak in at their expense...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:20am On Jul 11, 2022
mostob:
Nicole and Tony sef....they look alike and still play alike though Toni is more intelligent...

I have been impressed by the way Nnadozie always look calm even when catching shots...

Okobi, Rita and MacLean are really underperforming... Uchendu, Okoronkwo and Ariyo may just sneak in at their expense...

I don't think okobi has been underperforming ooo. Oparanozie will also be available for the World cup

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 9:15am On Jul 11, 2022
mostob:

okobi under performing?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:26am On Jul 11, 2022
Didn't you watch yesterday match ? She played absolutely rubbish
Samueltemi337:
okobi under performing?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2022
2022 WAFCON QUATERFINALS �
Semi finalists will book a 2023 Womens FIFA World Cup slot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
Potm na Ohale

Played a part in the first and third goal. Plus almost every move yesterday started with an accurate long ball by her

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

You mean Rosa Ariyo? She's quiet slow and hasn't impressed yet even while she was in Spain. I think we should begin to look inwards a little bit as well and not just focus only on foreign based players. If we go for foreign based players, then only the most impressive should be scouted for.
I agree with you. The nwfl have some good forwards.

Im shocked that 19/25 are all new to Wafcon. So geling was supposed to be anticipated by us all. But they're doing just fine off pitch. The on pitch part isn't that obvious. E no easy. Most are playing with each other for the first time here.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
I agree with you. The nwfl have some good forwards.

Im shocked that 19/25 are all new to Wafcon. So geling was supposed to be anticipated by us all. But they're doing just fine off pitch. The on pitch part isn't that obvious. E no easy. Most are playing with each other for the first time here.
Yeah. When you look at it critically, of all the forwards we have, Esther Okoronkwo is the only skillful forward at the moment in the mode of the Ebere Orji's and younger Oparanozie/Ordega who can make things happen out of the blues. We need more of those and definitely a Sebastian depending on how well she performs at the U20 World cup.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Highlights of the Super Falcons match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxNRJTK_C4
Uchenna needs work on her touch. She even looks better on right foot than left. Then she needs to be selfless. Nit only her. I noticed most of the balls by Ohale into the box, the recipients weren't thinking of passing or setting up a much more free teammate. This leaves Ajibade as the most clinical in the box so far. Ordega need get on the scoresheets vs Cameroun. Then, to match teams at the WC, the Fullbacks and wingers need to start building stronger synergy. Its almost none existent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
Deltamani:
2022 WAFCON QUATERFINALS �
Semi finalists will book a 2023 Womens FIFA World Cup slot.
All it took was a win to give Botswana a chance at this WC. Just a win. Morocco looks like they're on some preferential treatment too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Played a part in the first and third goal. Plus almost every move yesterday started with an accurate long ball by her
i saw that actually. But, Ajibade was much more involved, then Ohale. Unfortunately, their selfishness and indecision from her long balls cost us 4goals.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
mostob:
Kgatlana and Seoponsewe are injured. The injuries look a bit serious as both limped out.
Yeah. Ellis have to improvise.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

Yeah. When you look at it critically, of all the forwards we have, Esther Okoronkwo is the only skillful forward at the moment in the mode of the Ebere Orji's and younger Oparanozie/Ordega who can make things happen out of the blues. We need more of those and definitely a Sebastian depending on how well she performs at the U20 World cup.
Make Oparanozie come back abeg. That energy and quick decision she brings is lacking in attack. I see tame shots and it irks me. Saw that France Women Euros match? My my!!

I pray for synergy sha. And maybe a better coach. Cos Waldrum no be am. Omagbemi no deserve that let go. I hope she too is upgrading as well. She's really dedicated.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2022
Onome Ebi to the press after yesterday's match.

How would you rate her performances so far in Morocco?.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
Make Oparanozie come back abeg. That energy and quick decision she brings is lacking in attack. I see tame shots and it irks me. Saw that France Women Euros match? My my!!

I pray for synergy sha. And maybe a better coach. Cos Waldrum no be am. Omagbemi no deserve that let go. I hope she too is upgrading as well. She's really dedicated.

If na to Clamour for her Return as the team Coach, I ready ooooo

Head Coach; Florence Omagbemi
1st Assistant Coach; Mercy Akide Udoh
2nd Assistant Coach; Perpetual Nkwocha…..

I know it’s not going to be easy but This three woman can do great things with the Falcons
Bring their experience playing for Nigeria, in Africa, Europe, America and the World at large….

This New Coming NFF President better do something

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Deltamani:

I know it’s not going to be easy but This three woman can do great things with the Falcons
Bring their experience playing for Nigeria, in Africa, Europe, America and the World at large….

This 3 Ex internationals who are now coaching for years now are the best possible combo for the Superfalcons..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
isan:
Didn't you watch yesterday match ? She played absolutely rubbish
Issokay. I think we're misjudging Okobi too much. True she did have little direct impact in attack. However, remember she played some kinda double pivot with Efih, who I think was even slightly in front. Ucheibe was forward and we still had three attackers. So basically four to five people played ahead of her. It will be too harsh to judge her in terms of attack presence and creativity only. And wingers like Monday Gift wasted few attack opportunities from passes by Okobi. She did not play rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2022
Deltamani:

I disagree with this combination though. Any of them is good in my opinion, but lumping then up is a bad idea.

Choose one, and let them pick their assistants, allow them 2 years at the very least to build the team with gradable KPIs. if it doesn't work, then you have another 2 to pick from.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

I don't know whether you mean both players born in Nigeria and outside. However, I prefer foreign based players in decent leagues (based abroad irrespective of place of birth) because I noticed they are more team oriented. Players either in the NWPL or freshly from there, specifically the attackers have these individualistic style of play about them. They are/were basically star girls in their local teams so they tend to hold on to the ball too long and always feel they should produce a moment of brilliance whenever they're with the ball. Sometimes it can be an advantage, most times it drags and disorganizes the game.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (1091) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.