Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,647 members, 7,861,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (839522 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Ennyjay69(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:

Yeah

Two best losers plus the 6 normal qualified teams.

Group A teams finished worse so that left the two slots to B and C. Meaning even if we lost, we would have qualified as best losers, had South not won
alright,thanks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
Make Oparanozie come back abeg. That energy and quick decision she brings is lacking in attack. I see tame shots and it irks me. Saw that France Women Euros match? My my!!

I pray for synergy sha. And maybe a better coach. Cos Waldrum no be am. Omagbemi no deserve that let go. I hope she too is upgrading as well. She's really dedicated.
Oparanozie "energy and quick decision"? Are you talking about Oshoala?

Oparanozie is an Ighalo type of striker. Physque, strength and good finishing. I don't know the energy she brings that you're talking of oh. As for Omagbemi, there's nothing she would have changed in this game at least from Botswana till Burundi. We've kept it solid at the back, held the midfield and created chances and goals. What else do you want?

We just like to name people who are not around ATM and hype them to the high heavens.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
i saw that actually. But, Ajibade was much more involved, then Ohale. Unfortunately, their selfishness and indecision from her long balls cost us 4goals.

Well Ohale did all that and also helped keep a clean sheet. So I can see why they gave her the nod. Rasheedat was involved in all 4 goals but Ohale would have been involved in more if we were more clinical. I mean look at the pass Ohale gave to Kanu, top top class.

I didn't see too much selfishness yesterday. Just a bunch of missed chances. Kanu missed like 3, Onumonu missed about the same and Macleans also missed one or 2.

At the end of the day I am more excited that we are creating these chances. Ohale offers us a nice weapon going forward and it will alter how coaches game plan against us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

Yeah. When you look at it critically, of all the forwards we have, Esther Okoronkwo is the only skillful forward at the moment in the mode of the Ebere Orji's and younger Oparanozie/Ordega who can make things happen out of the blues. We need more of those and definitely a Sebastian depending on how well she performs at the U20 World cup.

Gift Monday is also skillful and she does it with a mix of power.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

Oparanozie is an Ighalo type of striker. Physque, strength and good finishing. I don't know the energy she brings that you're talking of oh. As for Omagbemi, there's nothing she would have changed in this game at least from Botswana till Burundi. We've kept it solid at the back, held the midfield and created chances and goals. What else do you want?

We just like to name people who are not around ATM and hype them to the high heavens.
Oparanozie was way better than that in the past. In addition to physique and strength, she had quick feets as a younger player. Go watch her youth tournament in 2012 as well as her WAFCON display in 2014 and to a lesser extent 2016.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Gift Monday is also skillful and she does it with a mix of power.
I agree, Gift monday is also skillful but she can easily be caged by even weak opponents sometimes as compared to Esther Okoronkwo. However, unlike Gift Monday, Esther is a bit more selfish.
Gift Monday on her day brings all the goodies of course.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

Oparanozie was way better than that in the past. In addition to physique and strength, she had quick feets as a younger player. Go watch her youth tournament in 2012 as well as her WAFCON display in 2014 and to a lesser extent 2016.
I know. But that was a long time ago. Even 2016 was six years ago. I will even start Ifeoma ahead of Oparanozie.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I know. But that was a long time ago. Even 2016 was six years ago. I will even start Ifeoma ahead of Oparanozie.
True. My initial post spoke of a younger Oparanozie/Ordega.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2022
Thembi Kgatlana has been ruled out for the remainder of WAFCON 2022 through injury.

The #BanyanaBanyana star is due to undergo surgery in South Africa this week.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
Deltamani:
Thembi Kgatlana has been ruled out for the remainder of WAFCON 2022 through injury.

The #BanyanaBanyana star is due to undergo surgery in South Africa this week.

The coach is largely responsible for this and South Africans were angry with here yesterday. She didn't need to field Kgatlana yesterday and should have rested her, instead she kept her in a game she only needed a draw in till she got injured.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

I agree, Gift monday is also skillful but she can easily be caged by even weak opponents sometimes as compared to Esther Okoronkwo. However, unlike Gift Monday, Esther is a bit more selfish.

Maybe you haven’t been following up with Esther Okoronkwo right from her College days… She’s sometimes selfish with the ball yes but she’s more of a team player than individual.. if we had Esther for the tournament she would have been a regular starter and another problem for Randy because getting the best 3 to combine upfront isn’t easy at all..

Okoronkwo will hardly lose the ball to her opponents even when crowded.. her technical brilliance is far far superior to the rest of the Falcons forward.. She’s not afraid to hold and move with the ball, she track back well to help the defence out…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
Watch this….

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeCkdxbjw_E/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Esther Okoronkwo is a complete forward, she’s known for Pace, power, Skills and great finishing…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

This is Gift Monday 2.0. U just needed to see how she destroyed everything at the NWFL playoffs. She has taken her game to another level. U can see it when she comes on.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2022
We still need Rinsola babajide for squad depth , MacLean should move to a tougher league , Monday should pls move to Europe , Vivian need to step up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
GeneralDae:

Let's be honest with ourselves though. This team is not impressive. The attack going to the world cup should be:

Esther Okoronkwo
Rasheedat Ajibade
Ifeoma Onumonu
Gift Monday
Assist Oshoala
Francisca Ordega

Midfield:

Ucheibe
Ayinde
Otu
Effih

The bolded are very questionable while the listed below are must participants.
Okobi
Kanu
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:

The male team mix it for all. You'd see Nacho singing/leading, mixing yoruba songs or Otherwise. Not a distraction but they can make it much more inclusive for all.

Plumptre no know the people she come jam sha grin

Anyways, kudos to what Oluehi does. She's been like that since 2018.

Take your tribal idiocy to another platform. Why Yoruba instead of Ibibio or Hausa?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
Make Oparanozie come back abeg. That energy and quick decision she brings is lacking in attack. I see tame shots and it irks me. Saw that France Women Euros match? My my!!

I pray for synergy sha. And maybe a better coach. Cos Waldrum no be am. Omagbemi no deserve that let go. I hope she too is upgrading as well. She's really dedicated.

If you watched Oparanozie at the 2019 world cup you'll never ever ask for her to be called up and the way the SF play by hitting long balls over defense then a slow striker like Oparanozie will be a minus...

After Oshoala got injured in the world cup, she couldn't carry the team... now in 2022, there's Uchenna Kanu, Onumonu, Ordega, Ajibade, Vivian Ikechukwu, Macleans, Gift Monday, Flourish Sebastian e.t.c who can all carry the team if the main striker is injured..

3 years ago, SF would have struggled to score without Oshoala..

Let's see what they play against Cameroon.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
Deltamani:

If na to Clamour for her Return as the team Coach, I ready ooooo

Head Coach; Florence Omagbemi
1st Assistant Coach; Mercy Akide Udoh
2nd Assistant Coach; Perpetual Nkwocha…..

I know it’s not going to be easy but This three woman can do great things with the Falcons
Bring their experience playing for Nigeria, in Africa, Europe, America and the World at large….

This New Coming NFF President better do something
I think there shouldn't be any gender bias in the technical crew. No man for dia?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
codemaniacs:

If you watched Oparanozie at the 2019 world cup you'll never ever ask for her to be called up and the way the SF play by hitting long balls over defense then a slow striker like Oparanozie will be a minus...

After Oshoala got injured in the world cup, she couldn't carry the team... now in 2022, there's Uchenna Kanu, Onumonu, Ordega, Ajibade, Vivian Ikechukwu, Macleans, Gift Monday, Flourish Sebastian e.t.c who can all carry the team if the main striker is injured..

Marcleans judging by first impression is not playing like a striker full of ideas. Vivian Ikechuckwu was not impressive at all after coming on, she seem to be gradually losing her spark.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2022
codemaniacs:

Oshoala has never carried any Nigerian team. What Oshoala got to do with performance of Oparanozie? By the way, how did these three passengers, Vivian Ikechukwu, Macleans and Gift Monday, make falcons team?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I don't think okobi has been underperforming ooo. Oparanozie will also be available for the World cup
Based on her prowess, Okobi is underperforming. She is not playing to her level yet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
Samueltemi337:
okobi under performing?
you see those through passes Ayinde was delivering against Botswana, that's what Okobi should be doing for us. She is not playing to her level yet.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:
Yeah. Ellis have to improvise.
Well...all the best for her.
Kgatlana is outta the tourney which opens the more, the race for Africa golden girl

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
Deltamani:

If na to Clamour for her Return as the team Coach, I ready ooooo

Head Coach; Florence Omagbemi
1st Assistant Coach; Mercy Akide Udoh
2nd Assistant Coach; Perpetual Nkwocha…..

I know it’s not going to be easy but This three woman can do great things with the Falcons
Bring their experience playing for Nigeria, in Africa, Europe, America and the World at large….

This New Coming NFF President better do something
Too much cooks can sometimes spoil the broth. There will be clashing of ideas.
Imagine Oliseh, Amunike and Eguavoen coaching the SE at the same time
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
Idiko1:

The bolded are very questionable while the listed below are must participants.
Okobi
Kanu
How is Gift inclusion questionable? That girl is something else. Ajibade has the pace and passes, Kanu has the positioning, Ordega has the pace. Gift can dribble, fast and she has the passes too. She is raw though but she is in contention for World cup please.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
Idiko1:

Take your tribal idiocy to another platform. Why Yoruba instead of Ibibio or Hausa?
The fact that you saw something tribal in his post makes you the tribal idiot. Apology though

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

nothing she would have changed in style? I disagree.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Well Ohale did all that and also helped keep a clean sheet. So I can see why they gave her the nod. Rasheedat was involved in all 4 goals but Ohale would have been involved in more if we were more clinical. I mean look at the pass Ohale gave to Kanu, top top class.

I didn't see too much selfishness yesterday. Just a bunch of missed chances. Kanu missed like 3, Onumonu missed about the same and Macleans also missed one or 2.

At the end of the day I am more excited that we are creating these chances. Ohale offers us a nice weapon going forward and it will alter how coaches game plan against us.

BV, i saw many selfish play o. But it's alright sha.

The joy is they're creating more chances directly from the defence. E remain through the middle. Ayinde's name comes into the fold.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2022
lovewins:

The coach is largely responsible for this and South Africans were angry with here yesterday. She didn't need to field Kgatlana yesterday and should have rested her, instead she kept her in a game she only needed a draw in till she got injured.
be like Ellis dey do like amateur too o grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2022
isan:
We still need Rinsola babajide for squad depth , MacLean should move to a tougher league , Monday should pls move to Europe , Vivian need to step up
Rinsola offering anything new?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2022
Idiko1:

getaway you jare. Read to comprehend next time abeg. "Or otherwise" is written in latin or chinese to you?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2022
daveP:

The male team mix it for all. You'd see Nacho singing/leading, mixing yoruba songs or Otherwise. Not a distraction but they can make it much more inclusive for all.

Plumptre no know the people she come jam sha grin

Anyways, kudos to what Oluehi does. She's been like that since 2018.
That is too trivial. Lets leave those issues for politics and governance. It will end up destroying our football.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.