Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,723 members, 7,837,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (819774 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (1078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
do4luv14:

Chaiii those gals dey dance ooo

Come why them no show my bae
Ordega no be newbie na...the video is about initiation ceremony I think.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
If we get Lopez in this team and another center back, it will nice

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:35am On Jul 12, 2022
marvin906:
Yup. Lopez will be a very good addition. But I’m not sure Waldrum or the NFF would want to draft her straight to the SF pre 2023 WC.. I think the coach may want to use her after the mundial.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:04am On Jul 12, 2022
I think the current crop of midfielders should suffice, with the likes of Flourish Sebastian, Debbie Ajibola and Esther Onyenezide potentially joining the squad. Vicky is a nice to have, not a need to have.
In defense, Tosin Demehin and Wunmi Oshobukola are also center backs that are worth looking at.
We have enough players to create depth in the squad and it’s really exciting!
marvin906:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 1:30am On Jul 12, 2022
For the clash v Cameroon, I would prefer a 4-3-3 formation with this lineup:

——————————Nnadozie——————————

—-Alozie————Ohale———-Ebi———Plumptre—-

——————————-Ayinde—————————-

———————Ucheibe——Okobi———————

———-Ajibade————Onumonu———Ordega——

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:52am On Jul 12, 2022
No Toni Payne?
Please remove Okobi from the line up. She offers very little value in this setup
PDPGuy:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:08am On Jul 12, 2022
AkinDS:
No Toni Payne?
Please remove Okobi from the line up. She offers very little value in this setup

Plumptre is the better crosser, and her strength will be needed against a physical Cameroon side.

I know Okobi has yet to hit the heights she set in 2014/15, but her ability to keep possession would be useful during the last few mins of the game if the SF are in a winning position
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:43am On Jul 12, 2022
She’s a ball-hog and is always predictable with her moves when she gets the ball: dribble and pass backwards. She adds little to the team flow in the midfield, especially when we need to move the ball quick against the physical Cameroonians.
We need players who add value to the team and she is not one of them.
PDPGuy:

Plumptre is the better crosser, and her strength will be needed against a physical Cameroon side.

I know Okobi has yet to hit the heights she set in 2014/15, but her ability to keep possession would be useful during the last few mins of the game if the SF are in a winning position

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 4:51am On Jul 12, 2022
AkinDS:
She’s a ball-hog and is always predictable with her moves when she gets the ball: dribble and pass backwards. She adds little to the team flow in the midfield, especially when we need to move the ball quick against the physical Cameroonians.

——————————-Ucheibe—————————-

——————Okobi—-----------——T Payne————

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2022
Remove Okobi and put Ayinde
naijaseeker:

——————Okobi—-----------——T Payne————

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 8:20am On Jul 12, 2022
AkinDS:
Then u know nothing about her
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 8:24am On Jul 12, 2022
PDPGuy:

I'll prefer this:

---Ordega - - - - -- - -onumonu - - - - - - ajibade

T. Payne - - - Ucheibe------- ayinde--------alozie

-------Plumptre-----------ebi - - - - - - - - - ohale

---------------------------Nnadozie

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2022
marvin906:
is it the 15yrs old in Madrid cff. If yes I'll implore the nff to be fast about it before spain invite her for the u17 w. world cup or even the u20 w. World cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:43am On Jul 12, 2022
gatecrash123:
is it the 15yrs old in Madrid cff. If yes I'll implore the nff to be fast about it before spain invite her for the u17 w. world cup or even the u20 w. World cup

She's already a part of the Spain u-17 team. They recently participated in a euro u-17 competition and she was a critical part of that team.

I'm guessing if she'll make a switch at all it will be for the super falcons and not any of the age grade teams.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:11am On Jul 12, 2022
Nnadozie

Ebi
Alozie
Ohale
Plumptre

Tony
Ayinde
Ucheibe

Ajibade
Onumomu
Kanu

Kanu over Ordega for me and that is because of Tony. Tony moving wide with Kanu joining Ify in the box...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2022
isan:
You are like a sadist always negative towards the super falcons and her players undecided if you have problem with any of them look for the them and sort out your issue one on one ,hiding behind a keyboard like coward is not going to do anything for you

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2022
My XI for Cameroon

---------Monday - - - - -- - -Kanu - - - - - -Ajibade

----------------------------Okobi

-----‐-----------------Ucheibe------- Ayinde

-------Payne---------Ebi - - - - ---Ohale--------Payne

-‐---------------------------Nnadozie

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ceejayMAX(m): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
My XI for Cameroon

not happening

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
ceejayMAX:
not happening

Who asked it to happen? That is the lineup I would go with if I were coach.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
daveP:
getaway you jare. Read to comprehend next time abeg. "Or otherwise" is written in latin or chinese to you?

Shut the hell up!! How did you insinuate Oluehi will start any song in Yoruba? There are Yoruba girls on the team and should be naturally tasked to start a song in Yoruba.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
PDPGuy:

—-P. Antionette————Ohale———-Ebi———G. Ogbonna/Nicole P.—-

———————Efih——Okobi———————

———-Ajibade————Onumonu———Ordega—

It will be suicidal to have pedestrian Plumptree and Ebi against speedy Cameroonian right wingers. Ayinde cannot successfully pass the ball to a teammate.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2022
mostob:
Nnadozie

Ebi
Alozie
Ohale
Plumptre

Tony
Ayinde
Ucheibe

Ajibade
Onumomu
Kanu

Kanu over Ordega for me and that is because of Tony. Tony moving wide with Kanu joining Ify in the box...

Is Plumptree fit?
This one that I'm seeing her name everywhere...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
mostob:
How is Gift inclusion questionable? That girl is something else. Ajibade has the pace and passes, Kanu has the positioning, Ordega has the pace. Gift can dribble, fast and she has the passes too. She is raw though but she is in contention for World cup please.

The Gift Monday I watched does not look up when on the ball. She looks down on the turf only to make errant pass. In addition, she has no flair with soccer artistry and the same goes to Vivian Ikechukwu.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
mostob:
The fact that you saw something tribal in his post makes you the tribal idiot. Apology though

I guess the fact you did not see a tribal dent in the post makes you a tribal goon. No apology though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
Idiko1:

The Gift Monday I watched does not look up when on the ball. She looks down on the turf only to make errant pass. In addition, she has no flair with soccer artistry and the same goes to Vivian Ikechukwu.
You and mostob are both correct. Gift and Vivian Ikechukwu are the same kind of players. They both came from teams that play to their strength. But in the SF squad, things are very different. Nevertheless, they still bring that same kind of play and it does little good.

Monday and Ikechukwu are both great players but they need to significantly adjust their game to fit into the squad. This is not NWPL.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
PDPGuy:

Okobi can come on as a sub. No chemistry between her and Christy. Then Christy knows when to sit back or go forward. Okobi doesn't. Although she sabi possession.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
Bayana with 6 different scorers
We have 5.

Vs Camrooun, Onguene, Ajara can be a big threat. Got movement. So we need to win that midfield battle from start. Want to see what Estelle vs Ordega/Onumonu will be like. Ajibade has no threat on her wing. I hope we don't injure any key player in this match.

If Toni doesn't start, can she at least come on as a winger this time?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Idiko1:

Vivian Ikechuvkwu is even worse. She showed potentials last year but her little time off the bench so far have not shown thesame glimmer of hope that trailed her movement last year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
Idiko1:

That's why I said she is raw but the talent is there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
Danielnino00:

Is Plumptree fit?
This one that I'm seeing her name everywhere...
she trained with the others so I assumed she is fit.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
My XI for Cameroon

Oga Basco, I know it's your preferred lineup but Nicole ahead of Alozie is just surprising. And I kinda think Gift is more comfortable on the RW than on the LW

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
daveP:
Bayana with 6 different scorers
We have 5.

Vs Camrooun, Onguene, Ajara can be a big threat. Got movement. So we need to win that midfield battle from start. Want to see what Estelle vs Ordega/Onumonu will be like. Ajibade has no threat on her wing. I hope we don't injure any key player in this match.

If Toni doesn't start, can she at least come on as a winger this time?
If Toni no start, who will start? Like I said earlier, that girl's football intelligence is among the best in this continent.
TBH I'm also worried about our girls getting injured. Those cameroonians are too physical.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (1078) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.