Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (817189 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (1077) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2022
lovewins:

I'll go with Omagbemi.

Ok that's a good one but u know Pinnick doesn't like apologising sha.
I also like Peter Dedevbo former U20 coach. The first coach to show us wat Oshoala really could do. I am also confident he will carry along the foreign born players cos he also did a good job with Courtney Dike. I still don't understand how he has disappeared, I liked his brand of football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2022
lovewins:

I sincerely think we should let him go. I'm not one who advocates indiscriminately for the asking of coaches but keeping him is in my opinion giving him the team who should give someone else to build on. Truth is, whether now or later, Waldrum will be asked. You can see clearly he experimented with this team throughout the tournament. He didn't particularly know who his first 11 was and had to try out several combinations till we got here. Some of his best players weren't even in his initial plan. Just mentally imagine this tournament without Ngozi Okobi and Monday Gift and you'll realise what I mean

My concern is that if he is sacked, it's unlikely that the NFF will bring in a better replacement.. One thing this NFF administration under Pinnick hasn't gotten right is the appointment of coaches for the national team... They may just bring in someone not better than him which would set the team backwards.. Remember when they sacked Dennerby and brought in Chris Danjuma..it cost us the Olympics ticket...
Even Randy with his CV didn't deserve the job of managing a team like the super falcons in the first place..
Make we use am hold body until after world cup...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I also like Peter Dedevbo former U20 coach. The first coach to show us wat Oshoala really could do. I am also confident he will carry along the foreign born players cos he also did a good job with Courtney Dike. I still don't understand how he has disappeared, I liked his brand of football.

That is why systems need to work. We don't need him to apologize, we just need the system to recommend her for the job and provide her the needed resources to succeed. I am particular about Omagbemi for 2 reasons;
1. She's been tested. We've seen what she brings to the table technically and tactically and she can only improve from there.

2. She live and works or has worked (I stand corrected if wrong) in the US. So she is in a better position to navigate around both cultures and manage the players well. Having one player of foreign origin in the team is quite different from having 6 of them in the team and a potential pool of over 10 foreign (mostly US grown) players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Kibbs:

I still don’t understand why many of y’all are shooting robbery upandan as if it’s not the same match you’re talking about. Those two red cards, however painful, were deserved! Those tackles are leg breaking and aren’t easy to stomach esp on slo-mo replays.

If it was Morocco that made those tackles, would you be here screaming foul? Wouldn’t you be praising the ref for a good performance?

Let’s talk the L and commend the girls for their valiant performances. They fought hard but it just wasn’t meant to be. I’m sure everyone here didn’t even think it was going to penalties, probably 99% thought it would be lost in regular time but they showed strength and experience so let’s look forward to the next one.

✌�

I really do not think many people would dispute those calls as red card offences. Many are pained cause the decision for the most part went in one direction. The Moroccan did exactly same thing Ajibade did and got a yellow and there was no VAR review. Also discretion can be applied to decisions like that especially in a charged game like the semi-final of that magnitude. There was no malice intended in both tackles (especially Ajibade's) so a yellow could have sufficed. But if the red card call was necessary (and rightly so) then it should go both ways

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
If I am to be honest we moved the ball better against Morocco especially in midfield. Less of long balls.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Don't worry I am calm. But this will hurt for quite a while.

Sure it will, and I think we should start tagging CAF, for those senseless acts to stop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
We don't need oparanozie she's to stiff , do you think in a counter attack Oparanozie will catch up with Ajibade and kanu speed ? They are going to be leaving her behind
JohnBullMySon:
I also don't think we need more attackers. Oparanozie is still part of the squad. Only defenders and the midfield.

I don't even want the squad to be tweaked much. Maybe one or two players from the youth team and two three players who might have missed the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2022
GeneralDae:
If I am to be honest we moved the ball better against Morocco especially in midfield. Less of long balls.
Was waiting for someone to say this. Against the supposed best passing team. We didn't deserve to lose that game. That's just what makes me sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
isan:
We don't need oparanozie she's to stiff , do you think in a counter attack Oparanozie will catch up with Ajibade and kanu speed ? They are going to be leaving her behind
I think Oparanozie and Onumonu should remain our strikers for the World Cup. They both can make good attempts at goal. They just need to be fed with the ball.

I think we another CB too. Ebi has lost so much speed and gets outrun easily. She shouldn't be playing full time going forward.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
lovewins:

I really do not think many people would dispute those calls as red card offences. Many are pained cause the decision for the most part went in one direction. The Moroccan did exactly same thing Ajibade did and got a yellow and there was no VAR review. Also discretion can be applied to decisions like that especially in a charged game like the semi-final of that magnitude. There was no malice intended in both tackles (especially Ajibade's) so a yellow could have sufficed. But if the red card call was necessary (and rightly so) then it should go both ways

Exactly.. I believe it was a conspiracy from the VAR room.. The referee was quick to give Tanganout a yellow card for the foul on Ohale, and after she did the same to Ajibade,VAR had to call her to recheck it..WTF?

Also that penalty check in the last minute of regular time was laughable...
It was a clear case of robbery...
But we move!

I hope Morocco use this same conspiracy to beat South Africa in the final... South Africa need to have a taste of their own medicine like they did to Tunisia and Zambia.. Since Morocco have decided they will win the tournament on home soil, why stop at the semi final? Let them go all out against South Africa... It will be an interesting encounter...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
GeneralDae:

In the first 15 minutes of the game, Morocco dominated.. But we grew into it and ran them ragged... To be honest, we were at fault for that converting our chances in the first half... Okobi in particular was holding on the ball for too long, thereby giving the Moroccans time to catch up with over overlapping forwards..
This game just proved that Morocco aren't as good as they were hyped.. They sure have some skillful players but that's it.. They won't go far at the world cup...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

Exactly.. I believe it was a conspiracy from the VAR room.. The referee was quick to give Tanganout a yellow card for the foul on Ohale, and after she did the same to Ajibade,VAR had to call her to recheck it..WTF?

Also that penalty check in the last minute of regular time was laughable...
It was a clear case of robbery...
But we move!

I hope Morocco use this same conspiracy to beat South Africa in the final... South Africa need to have a taste of their own medicine like they did to Tunisia and Zambia.. Since Morocco have decided they will win the tournament on home soil, why stop at the semi final? Let them go all out against South Africa... It will be an interesting encounter...
If South Africa don't win it this time, then they should probably forget about it forever.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2022
lovewins:

I'll go with Omagbemi.

Na only local players go full squad
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
lovewins:

That is why systems need to work. We don't need him to apologize, we just need the system to recommend her for the job and provide her the needed resources to succeed. I am particular about Omagbemi for 2 reasons;
1. She's been tested. We've seen what she brings to the table technically and tactically and she can only improve from there.

2. She live and works or has worked (I stand corrected if wrong) in the US. So she is in a better position to navigate around both cultures and manage the players well. Having one player of foreign origin in the team is quite different from having 6 of them in the team and a potential pool of over 10 foreign (mostly US grown) players.

Florence Omagbemi is the no.1 Ex- international for the job…

Head Coach; Florence Omagbemi
1st Assistant; Mercy Akide Udoh
2nd Assistant; Perpetual Nkwocha

Again the Foreign Born players won’t have any problem provided they’re playing well, Omagbemi is still Coaching in the US alongside Mercy Akide

Perpetual Nkwocha knows the European game very well as she has played and Coached in Sweden..

I don’t think there would be any problem for them with the Home based players as they know very well how the System is…

If NFF can give them the maximum Support the way they have done for Randy and his team they will definitely succeed…

These Ladies already knows and understands the pressure that comes with playing and Coaching Nigeria National team…

NFF biggest mistake was Sacking Omagbemi and her crew.

Randy to me is just 5/10

I think after 4 years at least, Mercy Akide Udoh can take over from Florence Omagbemi if the need be..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
marvin906:

Na only local players go full squad

You Lie… Omagbemi will pick a blend of Foreign and Home based but the Squad will definitely be dominated by the Foreign based…

Florence Omagbemi plays fast football too, She love quick and pacy players, so the likes of Payne will definitely be some of her key players..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I think Oparanozie and Onumonu should remain our strikers for the World Cup. They both can make good attempts at goal. They just need to be fed with the ball.

I think we another CB too. Ebi has lost so much speed and gets outrun easily. She shouldn't be playing full time going forward.

Onumonu works hard but wasted a lot of chances in this WAFCON.

What about Okoronkwo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2022
Kibbs:

Onumonu works hard but wasted a lot of chances in this WAFCON.

What about Okoronkwo
I actually think its the other way round. All her chances were close and dangerous. However I never saw her trying to win the ball. She's always waiting for a pass.

Okoronkwo is a winger for me.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

All NFF needs to do is to motivate and trust our local coaches more but Pinnick just prefers anything in white skin more, Our female teams have generally played better football with local coaches, its just a matter of providing these coaches with better support, if you notice Falcons are no longer free scoring as they used to be, foreign coaches come here with their robotic and conservative style of play and shunt these players
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

Onumonu yes, Oparanozie no..

Football especially female football is getting faster, so we need fast players... the strikers/forwards should be "fit and injury free" Oshoala they should not invite any player that hasn't fully recovered from their injury or any player that does not press should stay on the bench.

"fit" Oshoala
Kanu
Ajibade
Ordega
Vivian Ikechukwu
Florish Sebastien
Gift Monday
"fit" Onumonu

both SE and SF need to train on how they mark and tackle players, they should not be getting red cards , at worst they should hold the player's shirt or the player or pull the player back or at worst pull the player the way Chie:llini pulled Saka.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I actually think its the other way round. All her chances were close and dangerous. However I never saw her trying to win the ball. She's always waiting for a pass.

Okoronkwo is a winger for me.

Okoronkwo plays any position upfront, but I think for the Superfalcons she will come in from the wing with the presence of Oshoala, Onumonu, Oparanozie..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2022
codemaniacs:

Onumonu yes, Oparanozie no..

Football especially female football is getting faster, so we need fast players... the strikers/forwards should be "fit and injury free" Oshoala they should not invite any player that hasn't fully recovered from their injury or any player that does not press should stay on the bench.

"fit" Oshoala
Kanu
Ajibade
Ordega
Vivian Ikechukwu
Florish Sebastien
Gift Monday
"fit" Onumonu

both SE and SF need to train on how they mark and tackle players, they should not be getting red cards , at worst they should hold the player's shirt or the player or pull the player back or at worst pull the player the Chie:llini pulled Saka.
I'll remove Vivian Ikechuckwu for Okoronkwo.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
GeneralDae:

I'll remove Vivian Ikechuckwu for Okoronkwo.

is Okoronkwo injured

was she part of the team?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2022
I'll like to see Monday Gift start the 3rd place match now that Ajibade won't be playing.

Persons who haven't played all through the competition should be given game time no matter how small

Yewande Balogun should be used for one of the halves at the very least

Plumptre should settle into her CB role with Ohale

Nicole Payne and Regina Otu should also get one half

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
codemaniacs:

is Okoronkwo injured

She tore her ACL. She's recovering now
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
We Nigerians, sha!

Bring this and that back. Get rid of this and that. Really
Which team in the world has ever played with 2 players down and yet, did not concede a goal in over 60 mins of football in a semi final match of a major competition??
Only ONE team has done this in the history of football and that is our Super Falcons!!! Let that sink in for a moment!

Do you believe the girls didn't want to win that game? Do you think they would have battled and played their guts out with the deck stacked against them if they didn't want that 10th trophy that badly? I cannot imagine how crushed they are right now and how disappointed they feel. Yet, you have some clowns here talking about dropping this and that person. Seriously??

Arabs will always be arabs - they will rob, cheat or steal to get what they want. They are notorious for that. That the rest of CAF would sit back and allow and all Arab VAR team to dictate the outcome of crucial matches in this competition is SOLELY on us black Africans (we allowed ourselves to get played by those crooks!) - next time, make sure black Africans make up at least half that team!

In closing, the rest of black Africa needs to rally around the South Africans in the final. In the absence of the Super Falcons, THEY deserve the trophy, as they have put in the hard work over the years/decades and deserve it (and not those theiving arabs who want to sneak in through the back door).

I wish Bayana Bayana the best and hope they take those crooked arabs to the cleaners in the final!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
codemaniacs:

is Okoronkwo injured

She was injured just before the tournament.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hmm in all this I give the ladies a very big thumb ups ,

They give more than their all
From the start it was 11 against 20, yet they nearly murder them,

Seeing that 11 is too much, they reduced us to 9,

Yet we still show dey shegeeeee,
It took a gamble called PK for them to triumph over us,

Held you heads up ladies, you were the best,
It's just pitiful that the copper Queens would had to feel their wrath

In all of this comment here, 1 guy got me laffing, he said and I quote

So we had a beautician ( Ordega) on the bench , yet coach leave tired out IFY,

Hahahahahaha
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
Pidginwhisper:
If you’re still wondering why hose harsh decisions were taken against us. Don’t think far. Moroccans and other North Africans are in charge of VAR ofcourse

How does this even look fair? Smh

Nawa o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2022
isan:
Moving forward i this players should give way for better talent in the team.

Maclean -- Rinsola babajide
Chikwelu -- Mbadi or Debora Abiodun
Angelo ogbonna -- Patricia George
Vivian ikechuckwu -- Flourish
Ordega -
We need a proper right back to compete with Alozie
Two young center back
Payne shouldn't play left back or right back again
Me still feel these fullbacks should play their natural position. They're attackers. The experiment should not be the norm. Makeshift shouldn't.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
Deltamani:

Florence Omagbemi is the no.1 Ex- international for the job…

Head Coach; Florence Omagbemi
1st Assistant; Mercy Akide Udoh
2nd Assistant; Perpetual Nkwocha

Again the Foreign Born players won’t have any problem provided they’re playing well, Omagbemi is still Coaching in the US alongside Mercy Akide

Perpetual Nkwocha knows the European game very well as she has played and Coached in Sweden..

I don’t think there would be any problem for them with the Home based players as they know very well how the System is…

If NFF can give them the maximum Support the way they have done for Randy and his team they will definitely succeed…

These Ladies already knows and understands the pressure that comes with playing and Coaching Nigeria National team…

NFF biggest mistake was Sacking Omagbemi and her crew.

Randy to me is just 5/10

I think after 4 years at least, Mercy Akide Udoh can take over from Florence Omagbemi if the need be..

A man should take the final slot. If wishes were horses though, an ex international of the SE(with good coaching experience) won't be bad. These three won't be too good together imo. But i still will choose Omagbemi.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
Exactly, payne should be playing Right wing or attacking mildfielder , plumptre center back ,
daveP:
Me still feel these fullbacks should play their natural position. They're attackers. The experiment should not be the norm. Makeshift shouldn't.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
Has Omagbemi coached any team since leaving super falcons
daveP:
A man should take the final slot. If wishes were horses though, an ex international of the SE(with good coaching experience) won't be bad. These three won't be too good together imo. But i still will choose Omagbemi.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (1077) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: babatundey5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.