Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806740 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2022
lovewins:

Don't be surprised if she doesn't get it. I don't put it past CAF

Seeing what happened vs Morocco, You are right but............

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2022
Ifeoma Onumonu Highlights against Morocco...

She just need to improve on her Physical side of the game and her understanding with Okobi especially and her forward Line. She's good enough, She gave her best n we don't blame her for the miss. Still our number 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBrAgdFuHnk

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
Portia Modise is such a sad sack and hater.

She said our decline is because of the oldies we field in the team. Only Ebi was in the Lineups. The others are two. How does that now make the team a team of oldies?? She's jealous she didn't have a lasting career like Onome Ebi evidently.

I'm not surprised she's very happy at the Zoning way also. Na Caf i blame for this nonsense. If you're good, you're good. No need for a wildcard to participate and claim that's progress.

Falcons still remains the best to come out from Africa. If they are down, they'll rise up and still shine bright.

Like the young Moroccans girls, playing at their own backyard found like hard to break down a team of oldies until two red cards and funny calls were given? Such a big hater.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
isan:
Got on Instagram and people were tearing apart Onumonu undecided i hope the girl has the heart to take all this heat

What a big irony

She has more IG presence and barely one on Twitter.

They are blasting her on IG and The opposite is going on on Twitter, even from fans of other countries. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
Schemerkhiz:
Asisat Oshoala; Nigeria Sole Nominee as CAF reveals tope for the award...

Full list of top 3 nominees ( in alphabetical order);

Ajara Nchout Njoya (Internazionale Milano)
Asisat Oshoala (Barcelona Femenino, Nigeria)
Grace Chanda (Biik Kazygurt)

InterClub Player of the year( Women)
Andile Dlamini (Mamelodi Sundowns, South Africa)
Bambanani Mbane (Mamelodi Sundowns, South Africa)
Evelyn Badu (Sekondi Hascaas Ladies/Avaldsnes IL, Ghana)

Young Player of the year (Women)
Doris Boaduwaa (Sekondi Hascaas Ladies, Ghana)
Evelyn Badu (Sekondi Hascaas Ladies/Avaldsnes IL, Ghana)
Yasmine Zouhir (As Saint Etienne, Morocco)

Coach of the Year (Women)
Bruce Mwape (Zambia)
Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
Jerry Tshabalala (Mamelodi Sundowns)
Reynald Pedros (Morocco)

Club of the Year (Women)
AS FAR (Morocco)
Hascaas Ladies (Ghana)
Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa)

It looks like Oshoala is in for another award o. Else Grace Chanda should take it. Grace plays like prime Perpetual.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
lovewins:
Super falcons boycott training this morning. Apparently players haven't been paid the WAFCON qualifiers, talk less the WAFCON itself.

Our administrators are the worst

I support fully.

When they don't give their all, the media roast them and drag them through Vawulence Junction.

When they give their alll, they are still treated like trash, and that is unacceptable.

Qualifiers

The last time i saw such zeal from a national team was from the 2013 SE set vs CIV. Now we are hear and simple reward for such a showdown against all odds and Monies are still in the hang??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2022
daveP:
Portia Modise is such a sad sack and hater.

She said our decline is because of the oldies we field in the team. Only Ebi was in the Lineups. The others are two. How does that now make the team a team of oldies?? She's jealous she didn't have a lasting career like Onome Ebi evidently.

I'm not surprised she's very happy at the Zoning way also. Na Caf i blame for this nonsense. If you're good, you're good. No need for a wildcard to participate and claim that's progress.

Falcons still remains the best to come out from Africa. If they are down, they'll rise up and still shine bright.

Like the young Moroccans girls, playing at their own backyard found like hard to break down a team of oldies until two red cards and funny calls were given? Such a big hater.

Onome Ebi is far better than her in all aspects of Football at Least Ebi don achieve pass her by fan both in Playing and in Cash..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2022
If Portia Modise can say rubbish about her Own Country Woman Coach Desiree Ellis and their FA

What else can’t she say, She’s just a bitter Soul..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
So the new CAF Women's Champions League draws have been made and 8 teams from our West African zone will fight for just one single slot compared to two last season.

Guess the zone with two slots now? Cosafa ���. Pinnick and other WAFU reps are sleeping. Soon they will boldly pair Nigeria Ghana CIV and Mali in World Cup qualifiers just to make the route easier for cosafa reps.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2022
Danycrusoe:
So the new CAF Women's Champions League draws have been made and 8 teams from our West African zone will fight for just one single slot compared to two last season.

Guess the zone with two slots now? Cosafa ���. Pinnick and other WAFU reps are sleeping. Soon they will boldly pair Nigeria Ghana CIV and Mali in World Cup qualifiers just to make the route easier for cosafa reps.
WTH is Pinnick doing? Somebody from WAFU just need to take charge and others will follow up. Something needs to be done.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
So Pinnick was with the girls on Monday and they boycott training today

Like How?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2022
Ajibade for Golden Boot...(my creator won't let cash back abi na checkback register any goal or assist against RSA grin)
Ajibade for Silver Ball...(Seoponsewe may likely win it if RSA wins the trophy)
Nnadozie for Golden Globe... (3 clean sheets and a bronze medal hopefully should be enough)

Now for the team of the tournament...
Ucheibe, Nnadozie, Ajibade, Ohale.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
The 3rd place match should be used as opportunity to test the other players.

Yewande Balogun
Nicole Payne
Plumptre
Ohale
Tony (Ogbonna)
Otu
Ucheibe
Okobi
Kanu
MacLean
Gift.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
mostob:

Yewande Balogun
Nicole Payne
Plumptre
Ohale
Tony (Ogbonna)
Otu
Ucheibe
Okobi
Kanu
MacLean
Gift.

No need to test them, the best leg should play at least let get the Bronze medal, cause if those Zambians win it anoda insult all over the media…
Otu, Ucheibe and Okobi should handle the Midfield..

Onumonu might be down right now, Kanu or Maclean’s can start at top 9, then Monday Gift and Ordega from the Wing..!

Plumptre at CB with Ohale
Nicole should play Left Back

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2022
mostob:

Yewande Balogun
Nicole Payne
Plumptre
Ohale
Tony (Ogbonna)
Otu
Ucheibe
Okobi
Kanu
MacLean
Gift.

Test ahbi? So when they lose you can start blaming the coach.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
NFF Executive Member, Ibrahim Gusau; "We have met with the Super Falcons players & officials at their hotel. We have explained the payment process to them."

Via NFF TV.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
lovewins:

I really do not think many people would dispute those calls as red card offences. Many are pained cause the decision for the most part went in one direction. The Moroccan did exactly same thing Ajibade did and got a yellow and there was no VAR review. Also discretion can be applied to decisions like that especially in a charged game like the semi-final of that magnitude. There was no malice intended in both tackles (especially Ajibade's) so a yellow could have sufficed. But if the red card call was necessary (and rightly so) then it should go both ways

You could not be more correct. I guess the characters behind the VAR should be made public. If stepping on the opponent's foot required a review and red card, Moroccan player should have been subjected to the same process and punishment.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
Danycrusoe:

Well, considering the fact that the trophy was last won by a South African club, it isn't entirely unfair..
But I don't think sharing the slots by zone makes sense... In the whole of COSAFA, only Zambia and South Africa have serious teams at all levels..

Pinnick and WAFU are really sleeping... Ahamad Ahmad came in and we suddenly saw his country Madagascar in the scene..Now, Motsepe is in charge and we are seeing favours for South Africa everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
mostob:

Yewande Balogun
Nicole Payne
Plumptre
Ohale
Tony (Ogbonna)
Otu
Ucheibe
Okobi
Kanu
MacLean
Gift.

I don't agree with this.. We need a strong squad against Zambia... Don't forget that the result would affect our FIFA ranking... God forbid that we lose our number spot in Africa...
I'd like us to start with

Nnadozie

Alozie

Plumptree

Ohale

Payne

Uchiebe

Otu

Okobi

Monday

Kanu

Ordega

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2022
Danielnino00:

Well, considering the fact that the trophy was last won by a South African club, it isn't entirely unfair..
But I don't think sharing the slots by zone makes sense... In the whole of COSAFA, only Zambia and South Africa have serious teams at all levels..

Pinnick and WAFU are really sleeping... Ahamad Ahmad came in and we suddenly saw his country Madagascar in the scene..Now, Motsepe is in charge and we are seeing favours for South Africa everywhere...

Yeah I know our WAFU zone got two slots cuz of Nigeria's last WAFCON win and it was stated that the slot will be given to d zone that emerges champion of the Champions League.

However, I know a Nigerian CAF president won't apply enough changes that will help Nigerian football. Pinnick is unfortunately there for his personal target and not really to help develop Nigerian football.

It's sad. We have not used our time as nine-time WAFCON winners and everpresent World cup participants well.

Even if we don't get to the final of the WAFCON no African ought to have the effontry to claim leveled up. We should be on the level USA, Germany and Japan are. These are our mates not SA or Morocco.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2022
https://youtu.be/3jWiHsiHpko

This is an excellent analysis by ET.

One observation- Plumptre is the only defender that had successful passes to the midfielders throughout the game.

They don't look up.

The RM didn't run with Uchenna all the times she was running forward.

The Morrocans got their tactics on marking right.

We barely had triangles and squares to show we were playing a system.

Ohale is the calmest of the defense line.

Midfielders need to step with creativity down the middle. Like this is a big urgency.

Ucheibe is the best midfielder for the team right now.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
Deltamani:

Onome Ebi is far better than her in all aspects of Football at Least Ebi don achieve pass her by fan both in Playing and in Cash..
Not surprised she's just full of attacks. She's done it for Ellis too. Now i see.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
Deltamani:

No need to test them, the best leg should play at least let get the Bronze medal, cause if those Zambians win it anoda insult all over the media…
Otu, Ucheibe and Okobi should handle the Midfield..

Onumonu might be down right now, Kanu or Maclean’s can start at top 9, then Monday Gift and Ordega from the Wing..!

Plumptre at CB with Ohale
Nicole should play Left Back
I'm aware. But then my lineup only contains 2 major changes. Yewande and Nicole. Ify is probably not in the right frame of mind so MacLean may start or come in later with Kanu playing CF. Alozie is not that different from Nicole.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2022
Danielnino00:

I don't agree with this.. We need a strong squad against Zambia... Don't forget that the result would affect our FIFA ranking... God forbid that we lose our number spot in Africa...
I'd like us to start with

Nnadozie

Alozie

Plumptree

Ohale

Payne

Uchiebe

Otu

Okobi

Monday

Kanu

Ordega
Bar Nnadozie, the lineup I posted up there is not any different from yours quality wise. Hope you're aware?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Test ahbi? So when they lose you can start blaming the coach.
Post your lineup make I see first.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
cheesy
One of those like was from me grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:05am On Jul 21, 2022
dkay51:

One of those like was from me grin
Her pidgin instructor might have to take a pay cut cheesy.

Never knew she could write and this is the first thing I read?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2022
Deltamani:
NFF Executive Member, Ibrahim Gusau; "We have met with the Super Falcons players & officials at their hotel. We have explained the payment process to them."

Via NFF TV.
Chai, we need to patent this unique payment process o.. the payment process of perpetually owing grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:11am On Jul 21, 2022
mostob:
I'm aware. But then my lineup only contains 2 major changes. Yewande and Nicole. Ify is probably not in the right frame of mind so MacLean may start or come in later with Kanu playing CF. Alozie is not that different from Nicole.

Nicole Payne is naturally a defender and a winger at times, the major difference between them is that Nicole is still a Collegiate player while Alozie is a Pro…

Nicole is also the quickest full back we have in the team until Patricia George comes in…

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:37am On Jul 21, 2022
Deltamani:

Nicole is also the quickest full back we have in the team until Patricia George comes in…

Nicole being the quickest isn't surprising really. She transitioned from track into football.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
daveP:
Not surprised she's just full of attacks. She's done it for Ellis too. Now i see.

She directly said Desiree Ellis hasn’t done anything with the SA squad, that Ellis isn’t good enough..

Thank goodness Ellis didn’t respond to her though the South African fans were all tagging Portia as a jealous Woman..

She has blasted their FA on several occasions concerning what she was earning then.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2022
Legends galore in Rabat �

� ����� ����: Action from Women’s Football icons �

#CAFAwards2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljYnjK9dnyQ

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani, Sunnyson8, isan(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.