Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,588 members, 7,861,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:38 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (839173 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Obama didn't support same sex marriage in 2010? what're you saying bruh?

This is a times article detailing Obama's evolution on same sex marriage. It wasn't a popular position bro, that doesn't mean people averse to it being legalized were also against homosexuals having basic civil liberties.

https://time.com/3816952/obama-gay-lesbian-transgender-lgbt-rights/
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bigzigg:

That aside, what did falcons really play during her time? For anyone who cares, times have changed, and I assure you, if most of these names you throw around here are given this team to manage, you all will come back here crying more seriously.
I wasn't part of those throwing names of coaches. I said Randy should be given some time yet.

The reason we did neither get to the final or reach third place is first because of Ajibade, Ayinde, Monday Gift and to an extent Onumonu. That's not to say I blame them but if actually we are to blame, then It should start from these people before we get to the coach. That's my own take.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
lovewins:

This is a times article detailing Obama's evolution on same sex marriage. It wasn't a popular position bro, that doesn't mean people averse to it being legalized were also against homosexuals having basic civil liberties.

https://time.com/3816952/obama-gay-lesbian-transgender-lgbt-rights/
Okay. I mixed it up with gay rights.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I wasn't part of those throwing names of coaches. I said Randy should be given some time yet.

The reason we did neither get to the final or reach third place is first because of Ajibade, Ayinde, Monday Gift and to an extent Onumonu. That's not to say I blame them but if actually we are to blame, then It should start from these people before we get to the coach. That's my own take.

Okay, I was actually referring to the people making those suggestions.

Of a truth, if Ayinde and Ajibade had not been red carded at all, Nigeria would have won the tournament, not even South Africa would have stopped them. Immediately both players got eliminated, I lost hope in the team... I saw no forward who could drive the team, cos Ordega has become a flop, Monday is inconsistent,... Who else was there?.. Oh, Kanu?...

I did not bother watching the last match cos I could anticipate it. The good thing - apart from the South Africa match, I think Nigeria played better than their opponents, showing what quality the players possessed, Ucheibe got discovered.

Lest I forget, Chiamaka messed up just when one wouldn't expect it, poor Rita was treated with a high value by the coach. Okobi, though has improved, she has a lot more to do to convince me, and... for those atrocious set pieces... she should never have come close to them. Finally... the coach, Iet me just keep my mouth shut for now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
On point.

Not sure any team in this tournament (including SA) would have been able to replicate the performance against Morocco, especially playing 2 women down for 60 mins! They really did not deserve to lose that game. Also, considering that they undeservedly lost to Morocco on penalties, as well as their need to strike to be paid (missing several training sessions), it would have been foolhardy of anyone to expect that the zeal and passion will be there for the Zambia game.

As far as I was concerned, the second best team won the tournament and I am happy for them, as they have been knocking on the door for over a decade. It would have been a really stupid joke if those Arabs had won it, considering they pretty much cheated their way into the finals. The best team in this tourney was Nigeria. We can debate this till the cows come home but that is my strong belief.

Moving forward, I like the fact that there are still up and coming players in the pipeline: U20 players (Demehin, Ajibola, Onyenezide, Flourish, Imuran, Taiwo and Oshobukola) and senior players that missed this WAFCON (Patricia George, Rinsola Babajide, Onyinye Zogg, Roosa Ariyo and others) who would shore up the team in the deficient areas. With these players coming on board, we should be able to gracefully retire the likes of Chikwelu, perhaps Ebi, and most definitely Okobi, who was extremely poor overall in my book.

My one concern is the goal keeping dept. As stated earlier, was quite disappointed with Chiamaka's performance and her school girl errors. This is the only weakpoint I noticed on this team. We need to start looking for credible keepers and fast. And please, not that tall keeper from Bayelsa United (can't remember her name) - she is even worse!
Bigzigg:

Okay, I was actually referring to the people making those suggestions.

Of a truth, if Ayinde and Ajibade had not been red carded at all, Nigeria would have won the tournament, not even South Africa would have stopped them. Immediately both players got eliminated, I lost hope in the team... I saw no forward who could drive the team, cos Ordega has become a flop, Monday is inconsistent,... Who else was there?.. Oh, Kanu?...

I did not bother watching the last match cos I could anticipate it. The good thing - apart from the South Africa match, I think Nigeria played better than their opponents, showing what quality the players possessed, Ucheibe got discovered.

Lest I forget, Chiamaka messed up just when one wouldn't expect it, poor Rita was treated with a high value by the coach. Okobi, though has improved, she has a lot more to do to convince me, and... for those atrocious set pieces... she should never have come close to them. Finally... the coach, Iet me just keep my mouth shut for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
AkinDS:
On point.
Not sure any team in this tournament (including SA) would have been able to replicate the performance against Morocco, especially playing 2 women down for 60 mins! They really did not deserve to lose that game.
Also, considering that they undeservedly lost to Morocco on penalties, as well as their need to strike to be paid (missing several training sessions), it would have been foolhardy of anyone to expect that the zeal and passion will be there for the Zambia game.

As far as I was concerned, the second best team won the tournament and I am happy for them, as they have been knocking on the door for over a decade. It would have been a really stupid joke if those Arabs had won it, considering they pretty much cheated their way into the finals. The best team in this tourney was Nigeria. We can debate this till the cows come home but that is my strong belief.

Moving forward, I like the fact that there are still up and coming players in the pipeline: U20 players (Demehin, Ajibola, Onyenezide, Flourish, Imuran, Taiwo and Oshobukola) and senior players that missed this WAFCON (Patricia George, Rinsola Babajide, Onyinye Zogg, Roosa Ariyo and others) who would shore up the team in the deficient areas.

My one concern is the goal keeping dept. As stated earlier, was quite disappointed with Chiamaka's performance and school girl errors. This is the only weakpoint I noticed on this team. We need to start looking for credible keepers and fast. And please, not that tall keeper from Bayelsa United (can't remember her name) - she is even worse!
Onyinye would've really been important in this AFCON. Randy just dumped her somewhere after that wrong pass. But she's an impressive defender. Roosa Ariyo is not needed that much. Rinsola should be forgotten for now at leaat. I don't see any reason why she should be pursued when we are seeing loyal players in Nigeria and beyond. She's still undecided.

The U20 ladies are most welcome, especially Flourish.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
At least, Roosa would be a goalscoring step up from Macleans...

And not sure where you got your info from regarding Rinsola being 'undecided'. That is inaccurate.
JohnBullMySon:
... Roosa Ariyo is not needed that much. Rinsola should be forgotten for now at leaat. I don't see any reason why she should be pursued when we are seeing loyal players in Nigeria and beyond. She's still undecided.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
But the way she do carry shoulder ehn, you would think she is some sort of Salah + ziyech + mahrez rolled into one. grin grin

I know...you haven't answer my question. Do team return the trophy ahead of a new tournament or a new trophy will be used for the new tournament?
About that, i don't know. Nothing fit shock me. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
I'm not hrash bro. Ordega played like an amateur. A simple 'give and go', she would want to do it alone and eventually lost the ball.
Imagine a coach that tackles that make up thing. cheesy

She was below average in this tournament.

Still shocked that Onumonu has the highest shots at goal and Ajibade and Kanu followed with quite a distant number. Ordega had 3 i think.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
chai...I must admit there are two sides to every coins. Now that we're clamoring for another coach, preferably a Nigerian, will something like these not rear their head eventually? This country ehn..
It's quite a house in disorder, holding on cos of passion. Tiring.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bigzigg:

Mention them!
Disclaimer: this is not an allegation.

Based on outspokenness, Ebi,Oshoala,Ordega,Rita and Ashleigh.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bigzigg:

You are right, If I am to list the players to make way, they'll be Chikwelu(useless), Ordega(Spent, tired), Ikechukwu(not ready) ....Ebi, as good and loyal as she's been, needs to make way for younger players to come through. Plumpter is a capable replacement. Also, Nigerians who were making noise about Gift Monday... Hope they've learned that she can't be a starter.
I'll like to disagree with you on Ebi. Ebi needs to make way for younger players...I agree but who are these younger players? Can you list 2.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
daveP:
Imagine a coach that tackles that make up thing. cheesy

She was below average in this tournament.

Still shocked that Onumonu has the highest shots at goal and Ajibade and Kanu followed with quite a distant number. Ordega had 3 i think.
Wait, Onumomu has the highest shot? I was thinking Ucheibe.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
lovewins:

Exactly. Surprised how this is an issue. The current super falcons could also be misconstrued as being too religious, didn't we see Oluehi on screen praying voraciously in the game against Zambia? Sometimes it's difficult to separate religion from culture in this part of the world as we have become culturally religious. I'll only have an issue if it's imposed on others.

As per homophobia, most persons in Nigeria and by extension Africa do not support same-sex marriage, and that in itself is termed homophobia in some quarters. For that to have been an issue would be far fetched.

Cc: mostob
For me, I think a coach should face his/her business and let the players face theirs. The only reason the coach should complain is if it is affecting the team performance. And even at that, a sound warning should be issued to the player(s) first and if no changes, the coach is free to expel her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
I'll like to disagree with you on Ebi. Ebi needs to make way for younger players...I agree but who are these younger players? Can you list 2.

Let Ohale and Plumptre be the Center Backs, Akudo Ogbonna and Onyinyechi Zogg can Deputise for them, but if they still need Ebi she would have to be on the Bench to offer her experience…

The three Full Backs I will go with are
Alozie, Nicole Payne and Patricia George…

At least Patty plays both wings and uses both feet’s effectively..

Tony Payne can come in if the need be…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:

Methinks Ebi, Rita and Oshoala aren't in this list. Ebi and Rita have stayed this long in the team because they have among other things learnt not to rock the boat. I remember the last time the falcons where delayed for hours at the airport, Ebi did a video on her Instagram story amongst many other players. But when the story gained traction it was alleged that she was one of the persons that decided to play down on it by saying it was being taken out of proportion. Oshoala just a few days ago was praising the NFF president a day after her colleagues had to sit out training cause of non-payment of bonuses. Don't forget she was a direct beneficiary of Oparanozie being stripped of the captaincy. I think she is very diplomatic which isn't a bad thing really, but I don't see are as someone who will go head to head with authority.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
lovewins:

Methinks Ebi, Rita and Oshoala aren't in this list. Ebi and Rita have stayed this long in the team because they have among other things learnt not to rock the boat. I remember the last time the falcons where delayed for hours at the airport, Ebi did a video on her Instagram story amongst many other players. But when the story gained traction it was alleged that she was one of the persons that decided to play down on it by saying it was being taken out of proportion. Oshoala just a few days ago was praising the NFF president a day after her colleagues had to sit out training cause of non-payment of bonuses. Don't forget she was a direct beneficiary of Oparanozie being stripped of the captaincy. I think she is very diplomatic which isn't a bad thing really, but I don't see are as someone who will go head to head with authority.
well, I may be wrong.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Deltamani:

Let Ohale and Plumptre be the Center Backs, Akudo Ogbonna and Onyinyechi Zogg can Deputise for them, but if they still need Ebi she would have to be on the Bench to offer her experience…

I agree ... And if Okeke regains her form, she should be considered.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:52am On Jul 25, 2022
mostob:
Wait, Onumomu has the highest shot? I was thinking Ucheibe.
ify has 15 in total. Ucheibe no reach 6.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2022
daveP:
ify has 15 in total. Ucheibe no reach 6.
15 shots and just 1 goal, that's poor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2022
AkinDS:
On point.

Not sure any team in this tournament (including SA) would have been able to replicate the performance against Morocco, especially playing 2 women down for 60 mins! They really did not deserve to lose that game. Also, considering that they undeservedly lost to Morocco on penalties, as well as their need to strike to be paid (missing several training sessions), it would have been foolhardy of anyone to expect that the zeal and passion will be there for the Zambia game.

Moving forward, I like the fact that there are still up and coming players in the pipeline: U20 players (Demehin, Ajibola, Onyenezide, Flourish, Imuran, Taiwo and Oshobukola) and senior players that missed this WAFCON (Patricia George, Rinsola Babajide, Onyinye Zogg, Roosa Ariyo and others) who would shore up the team in the deficient areas. With these players coming on board, we should be able to gracefully retire the likes of Chikwelu, perhaps Ebi, and most definitely Okobi, who was extremely poor overall in my book.

My one concern is the goal keeping dept. As stated earlier, was quite disappointed with Chiamaka's performance and her school girl errors. This is the only weakpoint I noticed on this team. We need to start looking for credible keepers and fast. And please, not that tall keeper from Bayelsa United (can't remember her name) - she is even worse!

Yeah, only that Players needed are Zogg, George, Okoronkwo, Babajide - if she's willing. Initially, I thought Babajide was not needed, but I've come to realize that she'll strengthen the team if brought in. The only serious forwards we have are Ajibade, Oshoala Okoronkwo, Onumonu (though she was somewhat disappointing). Kanu is a very good player, but she needs to learn to be a team player. Monday, Ikechukwu, MacLeans are immature, Ordega has seriously regressed, Oparanozie, too. I hope some of the U-20 girls would just step up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2022
mostob:

They most probably can't be!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Bigzigg(m): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2022
Deltamani:

Well said!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2022
Just hearing renowned sports journalist Godwin this morning talk about how invested the South Africans and the Moroccans are in women football made me shudder in disgust how the Nigerian administrators aren't just incompetent but wicked.

According to him, every Moroccan and South African player gets a monthly salary as long as you are a member of the National team (differs from match bonuses). How exactly will the players not be motivated? To think the FA who had to wait for the ministry to get funds for the players could self finance the logistic requirements for several FA presidents (who aren't relevant in the scheme of things) to Morocco, accommodate them, feed them and give each extacode (which is 3-4 times what a player gets) just shows where their priority is.

Hoping for better days for Nigeria football

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2022
lovewins:
Just hearing renowned sports journalist Godwin this morning talk about how invested the South Africans and the Moroccans are in women football made me shudder in disgust how the Nigerian administrators aren't just incompetent but wicked.

According to him, every Moroccan and South African player gets a monthly salary as long as you are a member of the National team (differs from match bonuses). How exactly will the players not be motivated? To think the FA who had to wait for the ministry to get funds for the players could self finance the logistic requirements for several FA presidents (who aren't relevant in the scheme of things) to Morocco, accommodate them, feed them and give each extacode (which is 3-4 times what a player gets) just shows where their priority is.

you don't want to cut your coat according to your size right

you did rather keep throwing stones, and yet you live in a glass house,

annnndddddd commitment ko compliments ni!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
do4luv14:

you don't want to cut your coat according to your size right

you did rather keep throwing stones, and yet you live in a glass house,

annnndddddd commitment ko compliments ni!!!!!

Trying to make sense of your response and I sincerely cannot.

How exactly does "cutting your coat according to your size" address my submission? If at all we were willing to cut according to size as you suggested, we would still be able to, we just need to re-prioritize our spending to reflect our goals. Didn't you read that just the funds allocated to transporting FA chairmen to Morocco (Amaju actually invited all 36 FA chairmen) will take care of the players bonuses. I haven't even included their accomodation, feeding and estacode.

And for the commitment comment, can't even make sense of it as I didn't even mention the word. Let's learn to demand more from our leaders, everything I have penned down isn't rocket science, ensuring swift payment of bonuses isn't even something worth commending, it's bare minimum expected of people with dignity.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
lovewins:

Trying to make sense of your response and I sincerely cannot.

How exactly does "cutting your coat according to your size" address my submission? If at all we were willing to cut according to size as you suggested, we would still be able to, we just need to re-prioritize our spending to reflect our goals. Didn't you read that just the funds allocated to transporting FA chairmen to Morocco (Amaju actually invited all 36 FA chairmen) will take care of the players bonuses. I haven't even included their accomodation, feeding and estacode.

And for the commitment comment, can't even make sense of it as I didn't even mention the word. Let's learn to demand more from our leaders, everything I have penned down isn't rocket science, ensuring swift payment of bonuses isn't even something worth
commending, it's bare minimum expected of people with dignity.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
mostob:
15 shots and just 1 goal, that's poor
There are alot of things stats will reveal that we may not like. Infact it will make someone to be even harsher than we currently are. Ajibade and Ucheibe had more final third passes than even Okobi. Our midfield may be solid, but they're doing half of the job required them, especially in transition and vision (very very poor with this. Can't even look up. Just running running). This is why i like The style of Refiloe Jane. She may not cover distance, but she has vision.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
lovewins:

The World Athletics Gold medal by Tobi Amusan has reopened this poor and evil administration issues again.

It's disgusting that we get to hear a NT once got $50 each(i don't care what it's for, its disgusting).

It solidifies the fact that no budget exist. Those two definitely run on a budget, calculated from onset. Infact it's part of the dedication to sports by both countries over the last 8yrs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
Perpetua Nkwocha praises Oshoala for breaking her POTY record.

Nkwocha won the African Player of the Year award in 2004, 2005, 2010 and 2011, while the Barcelona ace has now won the accolade for a record fifth time.

Quotes via CAF Online. #NaijaFootballers

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by sanpipita(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
There were no foreign born players in 2011.

She was busy openly bragging about how she will remove gay players from the squad and replace them with Jesus players grin

You see, one of my fears with local coaches is that their ideology can posses them to the extent they start making sentimental decisions. It is also very possible with foreign coaches but I know how sentiments can rule us at times.

It was during her time Cynthia Uwak stopped getting called up for the Falcons (there was rumors of some lesbianism issue)

Uche Eucharia did well with Falcons even won a world cup game but it will be nice if she can be inclusive, I still haven't forgiven how Uwak was pushed out of that team, she was going to be our next Nkwocha.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
sanpipita:

It was during her time Cynthia Uwak stopped getting called up for the Falcons (there was rumors of some lesbianism issue)

Uche Eucharia did well with Falcons even won a world cup game but it will be nice if she can be inclusive, I still haven't forgiven how Uwak was pushed out of that team, she was going to be our next Nkwocha.

Cynthia Uwak already won two African best before then, She played for Almighty Lyon of France then. She was the next to Perpetual Nkwocha then but Uche Eucharia ways pushed her out…

Eucharia was lucky to have Ebere Orji, Desire Oparanozie then who just burst into the scene… and the likes of Stella Mbachu who were still very hot from the flank then..

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Schemerkhiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.