Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796425 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ikidi wins league title with Pitea
Super Falcons defender Faith Ikidi-Michael has won her Third title in the Scandinavian region, reports Footballlive.ng.
Ikidi lifted the Swedish Super Cup and League Cup in the colours of Linkoping in 2009 & 2010.
The utility player and her Pitea teammates emerged as Swedish Dammalsveskan champions after they thumped Vaxjo 6-1 on Saturday.
Pitea clinched the league title with 48 points, closely followed by Goteborg who had 47 points while third placed Rosengard finished with 45 points.
Ikidi was an important of member of Pitea’s league winning team and featured in 20 matches this season.
The 31-year-old joined Pitea from Linkoking in 2011.
The Nigerian international has made a total of 165 league appearances for Pitea and has contributed six goals.
Meanwhile, Osinachi Ohale was also in action for Vaxjo in the game at LF Arena.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
Former U20 international Uchenna Kanu scores her 100 collegiate career goals in USA.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Former U20 international Uchenna Kanu scores her 100 collegiate career goals in USA.
Not good for her professional development, but Im very happy for her. She should finish college and move to a top European club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2018
olapluto:

Not good for her professional development, but Im very happy for her. She should finish college and move to a top European club.

Haba Courtney Dike played in college also. USWST gets alot of players from college so I see it more as a plus than a minus.

Anyways I found this free kick goal of hers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J19yldXm3HA
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:37am On Oct 29, 2018
olapluto:

She is still very young and combining Education with Soccer is never a bad deal.
Hopefully if her dreams come true she would be playing in the USA NWSL, which she already said.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:40am On Oct 29, 2018
I watch most of her games highlights she is such a gifted and talented scorer.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:47am On Oct 29, 2018
Nigerian Superfalcons tall striker Uchechi Sunday who plays for Meizhuo Huijun FC Win China Women Football League title ...Qualified for the Super League (highest division) were Oshoala and Onome Ebi play.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2018
Alaba Jonathan dropped? 4 goalies left in camp.
Super Falcons’ Head Coach, Thomas Dennerby has cut the number of home –based professionals in camp for the 11th Women Africa Cup of Nations finals holding in Ghana. The team has been training at the impressive Jubilee Chalets & Resort Epe, Lagos.

The Swede, who graciously allowed the players to feature for their respective clubs in the Nigeria Women's Football League (NWFL) at the weekend recalled a handful of those he feels can give the invited overseas-based professional players good fight for places in the final squad as Nigeria aim to retain her continental title and claim the trophy for the ninth time in 11 championships.

Among those retained in camp for the second phase camping which will commence immediately are four goalkeepers- Toochukwu Oluehi, Chiamaka Nnadozie, Christy Ohiaeriaku and Onyinyechukwu Okeke.

Others are Anam Imo, Rasheedat Ajibade, Peace Efih, Glory Ogbonna, Chioma Wogu, Alice Ogebe, Amarachi Okoronkwo and Chidinma Okeke. Also retained are Ugochi Emenayo, Sarah Nnodim and Nneka Julius.

Nasarawa Amazons defender, Christy Ucheibe was sent home from the camp on account of copping a long –term kneel injury.

http://www.thenff.com/2018/10/awcon-2018-dennerby-trims-number-of-players-in-camp/
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
Team now trimmed down to 34. 19 foreign, 15 home based.
Notable names dropped: Alaba Jonathan, Joy Jegede, Maureen Okpala, Mariam Ibrahim, Juliet Lorliam,Joy Duru, Ucheibe (injured) and Basirah Amoo.

The team is taking shape. It looks like the coach is focussing on SPEED! He dropped the somewhat lethargic players.
Osas Igbinovia is in camp already.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
I'm curious as to why our female goalkeepers are rarely signed by foreign clubs?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2018
olapluto:
Team now trimmed down to 34. 19 foreign, 15 home based.
Notable names dropped: Alaba Jonathan, Joy Jegede, Maureen Okpala, Mariam Ibrahim, Juliet Lorliam,Joy Duru, Ucheibe (injured) and Basirah Amoo.

The team is taking shape. It looks like the coach is focussing on SPEED! He dropped the somewhat lethargic players.
Osas Igbinovia is in camp already.

A whole Alaba Jonathan dropped like that, poof. Well let us see how this pans out. I guess this means Nnadozie is the undisputed number 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

A whole Alaba Jonathan dropped like that, poof. Well let us see how this pans out. I guess this means Nnadozie is the undisputed number 1.
The coach is typical European. He's going for agility and speed. I can bet Nnadozie will be 1st choice. More likely uchechi Sunday will start as our 9 ahead of oparanozie. His final 23 will be speedy players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:58am On Oct 30, 2018
olapluto:

The coach is typical European. He's going for agility and speed. I can bet Nnadozie will be 1st choice. More likely uchechi Sunday will start as our 9 ahead of oparanozie. His final 23 will be speedy players.
I’m not sure Uchechi Sunday is faster than Oparanozie
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:43am On Oct 30, 2018
PDPGuy:
I’m not sure Uchechi Sunday is faster than Oparanozie
Benching Oparanozie is another difficult task oh..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 2:55am On Oct 30, 2018
olapluto:

you means that tall lanky Sunday?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2018
enomakos:
you means that tall lanky Sunday?
yes Uchechi Sunday currently based in China
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2018
Sweden Women Football League Referees have awarded Nigerian Superfalcons defender Faith Ikidi Michael as one of the best player on the pitch during the 2017/18 League season that just ended...
Congrats to her.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 10:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

yes Uchechi Sunday currently based in China
But she wasn't at her best in the previous tournament. Oparanozie proved to be the real deal once more,
add that to the fact that she was at the Chinese second division.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:11am On Oct 30, 2018
Daejoyoung:

But she wasn't at her best in the previous tournament. Oparanozie proved to be the real deal once more,
add that to the fact that she was at the Chinese second division.
I will always go for Oparanozie ahead of her, She faces tougher and Physical opposition than Uchechi in terms of League.
Ebere Orji is still among the invited strikers, she would be a valuable option upfront too... having scored 10goals this season for her Swedish club Mallbacken IF
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

I will always go for Oparanozie ahead of her, She faces tougher and Physical opposition than Uchechi in terms of League.
Ebere Orji is still among the invited strikers, she would be a valuable option upfront too... having scored 10goals this season for her Swedish club Mallbacken IF
I think Ebere Orji's club is not a top division club here in Sweden. She's going to need Dennerby's influence to get a better club. I hope the coach helps her.
Personally, I will choose Oparanozie 100 times before I choose Uchechi 5 times. I am just happy the quality of players invited. Courtney Dike with her bullish style is going to battle it out with Ihezuo.
Also very impressed by the awards Faith (Ikidi) Micheal is getting. Left to me, she will captain that team. I always like a defensive captain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
olapluto:

I think Ebere Orji's club is not a top division club here in Sweden. She's going to need Dennerby's influence to get a better club. I hope the coach helps her.
Personally, I will choose Oparanozie 100 times before I choose Uchechi 5 times. I am just happy the quality of players invited. Courtney Dike with her bullish style is going to battle it out with Ihezuo.
Also very impressed by the awards Faith (Ikidi) Micheal is getting. Left to me, she will captain that team. I always like a defensive captain.
I still hope l don't get to miss Alaba Jonathan and Ugo Njoku, both were crucial in the last tournament for the falcons.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
The referees in Sweden unanimously voted Faith Ikidi Micheal as the best player this year. They said:
"During the season, Faith Ikidi has shown a positive leadership on the plan as well as showing respect to officials and opponents, regardless of the results! Through her winning skull, fighting spirit and skill in the back line, she has greatly contributed to the team's successful season"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2018
Daejoyoung:

I still hope l don't get to miss Alaba Jonathan and Ugo Njoku, both were crucial in the last tournament for the falcons.
100% both players are not going to Ghana.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 12:07am On Oct 31, 2018
olapluto:

Quiet unfortunate in my opinion, but l hope l am wrong.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
Faith Ikidi joins camp, as well as 8 other foreign based pros. Basically, almost all Swedish based girls are in. Remain the Chinese babes and Yankee ones with some other Europe based players. Picture source: NFF twitter page.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
olapluto:
Faith Ikidi joins camp, as well as 8 other foreign based pros. Basically, almost all Swedish based girls are in. Remain the Chinese babes and Yankee ones with some other Europe based players. Picture source: NFF twitter page.

When is the pre Awcon friendly ?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
olapluto:

Alaba Jonathan and her Bayelsa Queens teammates were dropped because they went to play League games and the coaches asked them to stay back and not to report back to camp.... they even pleaded but Coach Thomas Dennerby asked them to stay back. But Osarenoma Igbinovia have already teamed up with the team after her Wedding ceremony..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2018
Press Conference: Our first media parley with the members of the press is LIVE at Jubilee Charlets Resort, Epe, Lagos. Head coach Thomas Dennerby and captain Rita Chikwelu are on hand for the media session.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Alaba Jonathan and her Bayelsa Queens teammates were dropped because they went to play League games and the coaches asked them to stay back and not to report back to camp.... they even pleaded but Coach Thomas Dennerby asked them to stay back. But Osarenoma Igbinovia have already teamed up with the team after her Wedding ceremony..

But it was reported that the coach gave his permission.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

But it was reported that the coach gave his permission.
Yes he did but according to the chat with some of the Bayelsa Queens players..... We went to play League game in our club side ooo something happen and side we should not come back, we the Bayelsa team players
We beg the man, hmmmmm for where na so we see am oooo
We when back there because our things are still there, we went to met them and he said, we just arrived the camp we went back to play a league game and they where told if we come back on Sunday we will be travelling again on Tuesday to play another game, l told them no, no game midweek and they all said they have already conclude that we shouldn't not return that no time again for us to train well for him to see, that they want to focus on those on grand, my dear we beg beg beg that we are not travelly again for game, they said noooooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Yes he did but according to the chat with some of the Bayelsa Queens players..... We went to play League game in our club side ooo something happen and side we should not come back, we the Bayelsa team players
We beg the man, hmmmmm for where na so we see am oooo
We when back there because our things are still there, we went to met them and he said, we just arrived the camp we went back to play a league game and they where told if we come back on Sunday we will be travelling again on Tuesday to play another game, l told them no, no game midweek and they all said they have already conclude that we shouldn't not return that no time again for us to train well for him to see, that they want to focus on those on grand, my dear we beg beg beg that we are not travelly again for game, they said noooooo
I think it is against team spirit to leave camp for league games. Its better to play your game finish and then come to camp. I agree with the coach on this. If its me, I'll do the same, especially as there is big competition for place in the final 23.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.