Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,863 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (808284 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:38pm On Nov 01, 2018
... added to that.. a WC ticket at sake. wink

olapluto:

I think it is against team spirit to leave camp for league games. Its better to play your game finish and then come to camp. I agree with the coach on this. If its me, I'll do the same, especially as there is big competition for place in the final 23.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2018
olapluto:
Faith Ikidi joins camp, as well as 8 other foreign based pros. Basically, almost all Swedish based girls are in. Remain the Chinese babes and Yankee ones with some other Europe based players. Picture source: NFF twitter page.

Why are they not on the same training track?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2018
lakesidepapa:

Why are they not on the same training track?

I think fitness levels will be different. Those coming from Europe will obviously be fitter. For example, Chikwelu has played over 20 top games this season. Our local based players are going to need a bit more work to reach that fitness level.
Hopefully the friendly game today will show the fitness level of the ladies. They're playing an amateur men team.
From next week, it should be about 27 players left in camp (maximum), and training will be more intense. Their camp facility is actually really good.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
olapluto:

I think it is against team spirit to leave camp for league games. Its better to play your game finish and then come to camp. I agree with the coach on this. If its me, I'll do the same, especially as there is big competition for place in the final 23.

What about those who went to the Aiteo cup final? What about the foreign based gals just arriving? Nothing this coach does makes sense to me but let's keep hoping
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
LIVE! 1' Super Falcons 0-0 Dominion Hotspur at Atlantic Hall pitch, Epe #Friendly
#SoarSuperFalcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
17' Goal! Dominion caught ball watching as Amarachi fires us in front from distance.
#SoarSuperFalcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2018
33' Super Falcons 1-0 Dominion Hotspur (Amarachi Okonkwo 17') #Friendly #SoarSuperFalcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2018
HT' Super Falcons 1-2 Dominion Hotspur - Etim Junior Friday's late brace helped the Lagos based boys fightback to earn a first half lead despite Amarachi Okonkwo 17th minute opener #Friendly #SoarSuperFalcons

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
Goal! 55' Super Falcons 1-3 Dominion Hotspur - Kolawole Bashir with the third for the boys as they extend their obvious dominance over our girls

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
Here are our starters Vs Dominion Hotspur Tochukwu Oluehi Sarah Nnodim Glory Ogbonna Halimat Ayinde Ohale Osinachi Chikwunonye Josephine Alice Ogebe Osas Igbinovia Orji Ebere Amarachi Okoronkwo Chinwendu Ihezuo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2018
Dennerby rejigs for our second half as he hopes for a fightback against Dominion Hotspur Christy Ohiaeriaku - GK Faith Ikidi Chidinma Okeke Glory Ogbonna Peace Efih Nneka Julius Chinaza Uchendu Rita Chikwelu Ngozi Okobi Ogonna Chukwudi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
75' Super Falcons 1-3 Dominion Hotspur New sub: Rasheedat Ajibade, Anam Imo, Chioma Nwogu, Christy Adule replaces Nneka Julius, Chinaza Uchendu, Ngozi Okobi and Ogonna Chukwudi.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
Goal! 85' Super Falcons 2-3 Dominion Hotspur - Chioma Wogu pulls one back

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
FT' Super Falcons 2-3 Dominion Hotspur
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
Snapshots from our friendly against Dominion Hotspur. Though lost 3-2, we learned a lot of lessons and gained more mental toughness for #totalawcon18 .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2018
Our sincere appreciation to the NFF for arranging the friendly, and also plenty kudos to our opponents, Dominion Hotspur for providing us such a tough challenge.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
After our loss to Dominion Hotspur yesterday, we quickly picked up the pieces and got back to business as our stand-in captain Rita Chikwelu led the team through a training session this morning at the Atlantic Hall Secondary School pitch, Epe.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
After our loss to Dominion Hotspur yesterday, we quickly picked up the pieces and got back to business as our stand-in captain Rita Chikwelu led the team through a training session this morning at the Atlantic Hall Secondary School pitch, Epe.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
Snapshots from our training today at the Atlantic Hall pitch this morning in Epe, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
Rita Chikwelu is a very very disciplined professional. I will give her a national award if she captains the team to another AWCON cup.
Schemerkhiz do you know when the Yankee based girls and Chinese ones will go to Epe.
Just on the face, the girls are looking quite fit. Early days, but the coach has no complaints.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
We also had an exciting seven-a-side brief encounters, with a sit-out set during our training session this morning. Wonderful time, it was! Thanks for supporting us! We love you all! God bless Nigeria!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
BSN SPORTS
Dennerby To Falcons Players: Report To Camp On Or Before Nov. 4 Or..

Falcons coach gives foreign-based players November 4 deadline

Super Falcons’ head coach, Thomas Dennerby has warned that any of the foreign-based players who failed to report on or before the November 4 deadline will be dropped as preparations intensifies for the 2018 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations.

However, the deadline hammer will not fall on the duo of Asisat Oshoala and Onome Ebi who have been excused by the Falcons’ coach due to club engagements in China.

Both players are expected to hit the team’s Jubilee Chalets and Resorts in Epe on November 6 as the Chinese Female League ends on Sunday.

“I know there are a lot of teams going into the competition to stop us and female football in Africa is developing fast but notwithstanding, we need to win to be among the three best teams to enable us to qualify for the world. We really need to go for the World Cup in France and as a coach I know I am under pressure to deliver but I have been in the business for long and I know what exactly I need to do and I am not scared for now,” he said.

In a chat with NationSport, the coach said all the foreign- based players will undergo medicals on arrival, as only fit players will make the team.

Nigeria has been drawn in Group B along with South Africa, Kenya and Zambia..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
Great job guys. I just want to ask, if a national team like super falcons invite players to play, who pay for their (the players) tickets? The invited players or the Nff?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
isaiah9:
Great job guys. I just want to ask, if a national team like super falcons invite players to play, who pay for their (the players) tickets? The invited players or the Nff?
The NFF takes care of all the tickets bills

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
isaiah9:
The NFF takes care of all their flight tickets bills
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

The NFF takes care of all their flight tickets bills

**Opponent watch**"

Our AWCON group B opponent Zambia beat Ghana 3-2 in a friendly in Zambia ..

Modified...

Zambia also beat Cameroon recently in the COsafa cup ... They seem good...

Dennerby and his girls must be wary of every team they face at the awcon... Women football in Africa is gradualism getting better..

I have a feeling this Awcon would b the toughest ever for us..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2018
Danielnino00:

**Opponent watch**"

Our AWCON group B opponent Zambia beat Ghana 3-2 in a friendly in Zambia ..

Modified...

Zambia also beat Cameroon recently in the COsafa cup ... They seem good...

Dennerby and his girls must be wary of every team they face at the awcon... Women football in Africa is gradualism getting better..

I have a feeling this Awcon would b the toughest ever for us..

I expected Zambia to do well. I predicted that they will be 2nd in the group behind Nigeria. They're quite tough, but for now, Nigeria is well above the other teams.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
olapluto:

I expected Zambia to do well. I predicted that they will be 2nd in the group behind Nigeria. They're quite tough, but for now, Nigeria is well above the other teams.

The Zambians are quite good.. but I don't see them finishing second.
not when there's south Africa....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:49pm On Nov 03, 2018
Danielnino00:

The Zambians are quite good.. but I don't see them finishing second.
not when there's south Africa....
If we win our 3 matches, then zambia vs RSA is key. If they draw and Zambia beat Kenya by a bigger margin, then its possible.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:33am On Nov 04, 2018
NFF Vice President hails Falcons Epe camp
featured Super Falcons ticker
Overseas –based pros storm Super Falcons’ camp ← Previous Story The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) First Vice President, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi has said that the federation is happy to secure a conducive camp site in Epe for Super Falcons to prepare for the 11th Africa Women's Cup of Nations in Ghana.
Speaking on Saturday at a lunch party organised for the team by the management of Atlantic Hall School, owners of the Falcons' training ground in Epe, he commended the school for the kind gesture shown to the reigning African Champions
Akinwunmi who represented the NFF President Amaju Melvin Pinnick at the occasion however said that the Super Falcons will soon be world champions and called for support for the team.
In his own speech the Lagos State Sports Commission Chairman, Dr. Kweku Tandoh thanked the Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode for graciously agreeing that his government hosts the Super Falcons at request of the NFF President.
He promised that Lagos state will continue to support a good course any time it is called upon.
Responding, Falcons Technical Adviser, Thomas Dennerby expressed the gratitude of the entire players, coaches and backroom staff for the great honour done to them by Atlantic Hall School.
Stand-in captain, Rita Chikwelu also thanked their host and promised that Super Falcons will go to AWCON in Ghana to do Nigeria and Nigerians proud.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Olafav(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2018
Ghana are not good this time.zambia will only try they will chop goals

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2018
NIGERIA: PROFILE OF MIDFIELDER AMARACHI OKORONKWO
Current club: Nasarawa Amazons
Amarachi is one of the most improved players on the local scene, where she stars for Nasarawa Amazons with whom she won the 2017 Nigeria Women Premier League.
The experienced midfielder has already won the AWCON title once with the Super Falcons in 2010 and was impressive at this year’s WAFU sub-regional Women’s Championship held in Abidjan where the Super Falcons finished third.
She scored the winner in the 1-0 defeat of Gambia in Bakau in the qualifiers and was described by Coach Thomas Dennerby as ‘one of our outstanding players’ to watch out for in Ghana.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: GeneralDae, Goldsplash(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.