Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,122 members, 7,842,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (823476 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (1078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
Payne and Ajibade are the best attacking midfielders in the team , OKobi last stellar performance was at 2015 world cup
Deltamani:

Ngozi Okobi is still the best we have got among all the natural Attacking Midfielder excluding her past performance few years ago…. The likes of Peace Efih, Onyi Echegini and Esther Onyenezide still need more game time to prove themselves, but among the listed trios, I will go with Onyi Echegini as the next AM as she possesses more quality especially her well built Physic…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau has emerged as the new Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President replacing Amaju Pinnick.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2022
NFF Presidential Election (Re Run)

Total Votes: 41
Valid Votes: 40
Invalid Vote: 1

Results

Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau: 39

Peterside Idah: 1

Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau is the new NFF President.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
Recall that in April, CAF appointed Gusau as a member of Youth Football Organizing Committee saddled with the responsibility of organizing AFCON U17, U20 and U23.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
Chief Felix Anyansi Agwu has been voted the new 1st Vice President of the NFF

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
Nuria Rabbano is called up with the Spanish national team ✅

Not surprisingly, Irene Paredes, Mapi León, Patri Guijarro, Claudia Pina and Mariona Caldentey are not called up ❌

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
Spain's women's soccer team coach Jorge Vilda said he hasn't considered resigning after 15 players refused to play for the side while he remains in charge.

The 15 players emailed the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) last week to say they did not wish to be considered for selection as the situation around the national team was affecting their emotional state and mental health.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2022
Regina Otu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
Because being a team member, especially a national team, is not just limited to one's 'on the field' actions.
Whether you like it or not, you are forced to be a 'role model', as your actions (on or off the field) may have positive or negative influences.
lovewins:

If you had limited your arguments to her position on the field then we wouldn't b having this conversation. You commentary went further than that, you alluded to things off the pitch hence my reservations as we do not have enough in the public fora to make such judgements.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
Uchenna Kanu 25yrs is that Striker than can deliver at least a goal in two games… This is my rating for her average goal per games for both Club and Country

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:27am On Oct 01, 2022
AkinDS:
Because being a team member, especially a national team, is not just limited to one's 'on the field' actions.
Whether you like it or not, you are forced to be a 'role model', as your actions (on or off the field) may have positive or negative influences.

Exactly my point. I have no issues whatsoever with assessing her actions off the field, my point remains we do not have enough information on her "off the field actions" (save the recent interview she granted) to make judgements like that. It's possible you know her personally, or know people who do, but the information isn't publicly available so we are left with just taking your word for it.

Again, you are free to reference any public "off the field" action of Okobi's that solidifies your stance.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:
Uchenna Kanu 25yrs is that Striker than can deliver at least a goal in two games… This is my rating for her average goal per games for both Club and Country
Just curious... Who would you start as your first choice trio in the forward position?
Ajibade
Kanu
Oshoala
Onumomu
Okonkwo
Gift

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:
Report from Haiti suggest players request overhaul of technical staff

https://sportpassioninfo.com/foot-feminin-les-grenadieres-lancent-une-alerte-rouge-a-la-fhf-a-quelques-mois-des-barrages/
The Spanish women team might just have set a bad standard in football. Nigeria might be the next...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2022
mostob:
The Spanish women team might just have set a bad standard in football. Nigeria might be the next...

Hmm… I don’t think there’s any bad standard there, by the way Nigeria is facing same Poor Coaching problem…

By the way the US FA won’t dare to appoint an average for the team… Only Rapinoe will eat them up talk less of when the likes of Alex Morgan, Christine Press add their voice…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2022
mostob:
Just curious... Who would you start as your first choice trio in the forward position?
Ajibade
Kanu
Oshoala
Onumomu
Okonkwo
Gift

Big question….

An inform Esther Okoronkwo is very dangerous, as she’s more of a Complete Striker, Skillful, prolific, fast and a bully… She’s the kind of striker we need upfront or from the flank that can carry the ball and deliver, Ajibade does same too…

I will like to go with Asisat Oshoala as top 9, Esther Okoronkwo and Rasheedat Ajibade Switching Flanks…

Esther Okoronkwo — Asisat Oshoala — Rasheedat Ajibade

Then bring in Ifeoma Onumonu for Esther or Ajibade depending on who’s performing low..

Then move Ifeoma Onumonu to the top 9 and Asisat to the Wing…. Then Kanu can come in for anyone left between Esther or Ajibade…. Or remove a midfielder for Ajibade and move her there..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:41am On Oct 01, 2022
mostob:
Ajibade
Kanu
Oshoala
Onumomu
Okonkwo
Gift

Again I see that you didn’t include Tony Payne among the forwards, where do you want to play her as we still want to see the likes of Patricia George at fullback., the thing is we have top players but from my view the major problem is Randy Waldrum Coaching Crew..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:

Again I see that you didn’t include Tony Payne among the forwards, where do you want to play her as we still want to see the likes of Patricia George at fullback., the thing is we have top players but from my view the major problem is Randy Waldrum Coaching Crew..
I didn't include Tony Payne because I want her in Midfield. Ayinde-Ucheibe-Payne precisely. And what's up with Pat? She should be invited... it's not as if we have some world class FBs. Imuran, Nicole, Pat and Alozie should more than capable of holding the two fullback positions. Hopefully,Okeke will find her foot ASAP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:03am On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:

Hmm… I don’t think there’s any bad standard there, by the way Nigeria is facing same Poor Coaching problem…

By the way the US FA won’t dare to appoint an average for the team… Only Rapinoe will eat them up talk less of when the likes of Alex Morgan, Christine Press add their voice…
Well, I'm actually looking at the negative side. Walldrum is not performing to expectation,I agreed. But think of a situation where some set of players are not happy with the coach based on something else aside the team management. They can hide under the guise of 'bad tactic' and set up against the coach. The FA shouldn't allow the players to dictate for them and at the same time be fully involved on how the team is being run.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:

Big question….

An inform Esther Okoronkwo is very dangerous, as she’s more of a Complete Striker, Skillful, prolific, fast and a bully… She’s the kind of striker we need upfront or from the flank that can carry the ball and deliver, Ajibade does same too…

I will like to go with Asisat Oshoala as top 9, Esther Okoronkwo and Rasheedat Ajibade Switching Flanks…

Esther Okoronkwo — Asisat Oshoala — Rasheedat Ajibade

Then bring in Ifeoma Onumonu for Esther or Ajibade depending on who’s performing low..

Then move Ifeoma Onumonu to the top 9 and Asisat to the Wing…. Then Kanu can come in for anyone left between Esther or Ajibade…. Or remove a midfielder for Ajibade and move her there..
Wow... That's some squad depth we have got. To think that Ordega, MC, Desire and Gift are still on the side.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2022
AkinDS:
Yes. This is based on many years of watching her play. Classic definition of a 'ball-hog'.
Her first instinct, whenever she gets the ball, is to dribble instead of making that simple pass to someone who is free and better positioned.
Far too many examples of this over the years and in her recent appearances, nothing has changed.

Worse still, her attitude off the pitch is even more annoying, her belief of entitlement. Perhaps she is expressing her frustrations due to her stalled career.

Your synopsis of the game is spot-on however, it is a symptomatic disease among Africans in general and Nigerians in particular and not Okobi alone.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2022
mostob:
Well, I'm actually looking at the negative side. Walldrum is not performing to expectation,I agreed. But think of a situation where some set of players are not happy with the coach based on something else aside the team management. They can hide under the guise of 'bad tactic' and set up against the coach. The FA shouldn't allow the players to dictate for them and at the same time be fully involved on how the team is being run.

You do know that this kind of thing happen regularly in Men's football. Both club and country right. Players get coaches sacked regularly on a steady. The only difference is that those teams don't have the club management or FA go to the press and expose the players like the Spanish FA did by going to the press, and releasing a statement after those players demanded a manager change in private with the FA , just to blackmail the girls into silence.

In men's football, the club or FA usually ask the players for more time for the coach or set an ultimatum or target for the coach to meet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2022
mostob:
I didn't include Tony Payne because I want her in Midfield. Ayinde-Ucheibe-Payne precisely. And what's up with Pat? She should be invited... it's not as if we have some world class FBs. Imuran, Nicole, Pat and Alozie should more than capable of holding the two fullback positions. Hopefully,Okeke will find her foot ASAP

That means you’re agreeing that Michelle Alozie should remain a fullBack?

Michelle Alozie, Nicole Payne…. Right Back
Patricia George, Ramat Imuran…. Left Back

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2022
Imagine Ramat Imuran already beating Glory Ogbonna to the Left Back spot within a shot while and Ogbonna have been there for over 5 years, cause she was an understudy to Ngozi Ebere for some time, and was a regular during WAFU tournament and All African Games.. she played 2018 and the 2022 WAFCON too.

Anyway I want to see a Competition between Patricia George and Ramat Imuran at Left Back..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:

That means you’re agreeing that Michelle Alozie should remain a fullBack?

Michelle Alozie, Nicole Payne…. Right Back
Patricia George, Ramat Imuran…. Left Back
Exactly... It's better she remain at the fullback position. Alozie will be like the 7th choice if moved to the wing. grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:04am On Oct 01, 2022
timay1:

You do know that this kind of thing happen regularly in Men's football. Both club and country right. Players get coaches sacked regularly on a steady. The only difference is that those teams don't have the club management or FA go to the press and expose the players like the Spanish FA did by going to the press, and releasing a statement after those players demanded a manager change in private with the FA , just to blackmail the girls into silence.

In men's football, the club or FA usually ask the players for more time for the coach or set an ultimatum or target for the coach to meet.
Yea...I'm aware. And it's a bad practice IMO.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2022
mostob:
Yea...I'm aware. And it's a bad practice IMO.

It's part of the game. Especially if the coaches haven't acheived anything.

Although , in big teams, they don't have to demand for the sack of the coach if the team is underperforming, management do it themselves all the time before the players even talk.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani

Do you have a by idea why Monday Gift is yet to make the list of her new club? Is she even in Spain or is she having registration problems??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:48pm On Oct 01, 2022
Super Falcons : I wish all Nigerians a happy independence.

The Super Falcons are at the Namdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja as we jet out to play the Japanese senior women's team in Kobe Japan on the 6th.
We keep on preparing for the world Cup.
#SoarSuperFalcons

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2022
Francisca Ordega score two as CSKA Moscow Women beat FK Rostov Women

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:

The Super Falcons are at the Namdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja as we jet out to play the Japanese senior women's team in Kobe Japan on the 6th.
#SoarSuperFalcons

Is Onyenezide a recent inclusion? I'm seeing someone that looks like her in the picture
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
Deltamani:

#SoarSuperFalcons
These are falconets not falcons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (1078) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.