Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,350 members, 7,843,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (823743 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (1079) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
isan:
Why can't they play together ? They are lot of old legs in that mildfield already

Combining Esther Onyinezide, Peace Efih and Onyi Echegini as midfield trio will definitely be another blunder by any Coach, they can’t really give you that Ucheibe or Ayinde kind of work rate…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:31pm On Sep 24, 2022
so it seems it is only Nigeria that has scored against the USWNT in as many games, no wonder they got rocked a little when Uchenna Kanu scored.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:19pm On Sep 24, 2022
lovewins:

Why 21 though? Is that the max number given by FIFA? The team looks kinda lean in my opinion.

Also Daniella Alali the LA galaxy girl didn't make the most. Was she in camp at all?

Yes, FIFA mandates a max of 21 players for the U-17 WC
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ajibade hit the post 5 seconds after coming in
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
The training match between Fenerbache and Ataşehir ended with a 9-0 victory.

Well done fenerbache…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ajibade with a super assist to help Athletico Madrid with the win.

Ajibade was impressive when she came in. Not sure why she started from the bench. She had the most shot on target of any player when she got ok the pitch. She headed a ball on target that should have been a penalty. Finally, she exhibited resilience and that led to the only goal of the game. She went after a ball that should have gone out, kept it in play and they wer me rewarded with a goal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2022
lovewins:

Ajibade was impressive when she came in. Not sure why she started from the bench. She had the most shot on target of any player when she got ok the pitch. She headed a ball on target that should have been a penalty. Finally, she exhibited resilience and that led to the only goal of the game. She went after a ball that should have gone out, kept it in play and they wer me rewarded with a goal.

She sabi head shaaa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
Uncle Rita

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hba9AN1a-Ug

Geyse is such a selfish player, I just hope the Coaches speak to her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:09pm On Sep 25, 2022
Oshoala is world class. What a goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
I don't just understand that Athletico coach
lovewins:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Deltamani:

She's probably used to being selfish, being the main and best attacker in her former club. It will take sometime to get her to realize that she needs to play more with her teammates who are as capable as her
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Oshoala is world class. What a goal

That goal was superb. I think she was offside though (I stand corrected), but it doesn't take anything from the genius of that goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
�Some snapshots from our Flamingos' training

#SoarFlamingos
#U17WWC

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Matrixlord2021: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
Deltamani:
I Consider Onyi to be a versatile and highly talented player, she plays mainly as a central or an attacking midfielder but can also operate in several other positions and has been used as a winger or second striker.

••• She is blessed with significant physical strength, pace, or ability in the air.
••• She is a quick and elegant player on the ball with good dribbling skills.
••• Her Athleticism, work-rate off the ball, vision, crossing accuracy, wide range of passing, and powerful long-range shooting ability with either foot already set her up ahead of her mates…

In all we need a Good Coach

I love her.I like the way the commentator says Echigini

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2022
Matrixlord2021:

I love her.I like the way the commentator says Echigini

Her name goes with some power, her form this Season is arguably increasing her Market Value and her position in the next NWSL College Draft…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2022
A brilliant Assist from Onyi Echegini today….

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci8BrzarWMu/?igshid=NjZiMGI4OTY=

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2022
So Today is actually Coach Randy Waldrum Birthday….. Ona nor go send am Birthday wishes? Even players them sef, I still da wait oooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
Agree. Quite selfish.
In a team like Barca, she might end up confined to the bench if she is not capable of being a team player
Deltamani:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2022
Highlights of Oshoala's performance for any who want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jXqNNmRnY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2022
US SAINT MALO Center Back Umeughochukwu Maureen

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
Kadinfutbol Fenerbahce Full Back Patricia George

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
https://www.psg.fr/equipes/football-feminin/content/communique-medical-paulina-dudek

PSG communicate Paulina Dudek suffered ACL rupture in her right knee during Sundays game against Fleury

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
Deltamani:
https://www.englandfootball.com/articles/2022/Sep/27/england-womens-squad-for-usa-czech-republic-games-announced-20222709

England squad to play USA and Czech Republic

Make them play Nigeria na. We won't have visa issues. Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2022
Onyi Zogg out for at least one more week after suffering from a Slight foot injury over a week ago….

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2022
Our Flamingos safely arrived Istanbul before connecting to Kocaeli today and had since settled down at Dedeman Hotel to continue their preparations

#India2022
#U17WWC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
Deltamani:
Onyi Zogg out for at least one more week after suffering from a Slight foot injury over a week ago….

It appears she's injury prone
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2022
#U17WWCbuildup|

The 21-player Nigerian squad to suit up in the 2022 U17 Women's World Cup have arrived in Kocaeli, Turkey to continue with their preparations ahead of the global showdown set for 11–30 October in India.

Etim Edidiong, who finished as Wafu Zone B Champions League top scorer with 6 goals for Bayelsa Queens, is one to watch. See poster for the complete 21-player Flamingoes squad.

Nigeria, Morocco, Tanzania will be Africa's torchbearers in India 2022. All the best to the trio.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2022
Good to know most Nigerians have not twisted out of human form that a head coach from a certain ethnicity loaded the team with players from his/her ethnic group. It shows the silly noise of dominance of Nigerian teams by certain ethnicity via certain coach was mainly sourced from a certain ethnic group.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/16187554_792c0dcd09394e4ab69fdf37a9315571_jpeg_jpegb18afd583abdf2db5a3f82b3d2bb4f5f
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2022
Superfalcon right back Chidinma Okeke join israel Women football Clubside Hapoel Beer Sheva FC

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
EKET STADIUM IS READY ACCORDING TO THE AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT

The new Eket Sports Complex is ready for inauguration.

Built from the scratch by Governor Udom Emmanuel to engender sports developments at the grassroots, the stadium will be formally unveiled on Friday September 30th, at 3pm.

It will be followed by a novelty match between Akwa United and Katsina United by 4pm.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (1079) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.