Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (802585 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2022
labas370:
Thanks for the reply. Maybe he didnt watch the first 30mins. Okobi was sluggish, losing the ball, can't run. This is clear that the younger bloods are those running sure for the SF in this match. The other 2 U20 should be brought in. Ifeoma should be removed, sebastine in for her, okobi out and onyendieze in and we are good to match these Japanese pace by pace

I agree with your assessment save your opinion on Ifeoma. She's been great, she's only a victim of an ineffective midfield. She's even been more active than Uchenna Kanu so if anyone should go first, it should be the later.

However, I'll argue we really do not have enough to judge our strikers right now cause they haven't really been fed. I'll suggest a revamp of the midfield to assess before any change is made.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2022
lovewins:
My Assessment so far:

Ajibade complicates simple things. She with holds on to the ball or dribbles into difficult positions when a simple pass will suffice. She's been great nonetheless.

Okobi has to be one of the worst player on the pitch today. It's sometimes okay not to add something to the team, it becomes worrisome when you instead put the team under pressure. She needs to be substituted ASAP, but won't be surprised if Randy keeps her till the end.

Ashleigh has been great, her resort to long balls was genius when she realized taking the ball through the middle wasn't working.

Nnadozie super fantastic. We couldn't have asked for more

Ogbonna minus one

Randy once again proves why we question his judgement. Why bring in an haphazard player like Ikechukwu Vivian. She's been terrible.

I like your judgment… As for Okobi I won’t blame her too much as she alongside Kanu and co didn’t get to train with the team as she came in late, again i will blame her as she’s a Veteran now she aughts to know how this things goes…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2022
isan:
The referee is bias in my opinion they should have like 4 or 5 yellow cards but they only have 1

Exactly, especially if we are going by the yellows she gave us
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2022
lovewins:
My Assessment so far:

Ajibade complicates simple things. She with holds on to the ball or dribbles into difficult positions when a simple pass will suffice. She's been great nonetheless.

Okobi has to be one of the worst player on the pitch today. It's sometimes okay not to add something to the team, it becomes worrisome when you instead put the team under pressure. She needs to be substituted ASAP, but won't be surprised if Randy keeps her till the end.

Ashleigh has been great, her resort to long balls was genius when she realized taking the ball through the middle wasn't working.

Nnadozie super fantastic. We couldn't have asked for more

Ogbonna minus one

Randy once again proves why we question his judgement. Why bring in an haphazard player like Ikechukwu Vivian. She's been terrible.

he deserves to be sack for inviting Vivian
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2022
labas370:
And a big shout out to the BeyonceKiki youtube channel. And it will be great if we can subscribe. The owner have been consistent on given us streams even those NFF were not able to have access to right from the canadian matches, usa matches and this. Big shame to NFF

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2022
NFF dey mental grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2022
Deltamani:

One of the major problem we have right now, they should be releasing the ball quicker before their opponent gets into shape. Not holding the ball and allowing their opponents to reposition well..
,,,,Ajibade is a major culprit of this.......apart from the other team quickly getting into position, you also save yourself of unnecessary tackles whch could lead to serious injury.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:31am On Oct 06, 2022
Deltamani:

I like your judgment… As for Okobi I won’t blame her too much as she alongside Kanu and co didn’t get to train with the team as she came in late, again i will blame her as she’s a Veteran now she aughts to know how this things goes…

I understand being jetlagged and all, but like I said I am not really judging her per se for what she isn't bringing into the team but for the pressure she's putting the team under. If we also want to be fair, this Japanese team isn't as fantastic as expected, so all that is required of her is the simple things and she hasn't delivered so far.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 9:31am On Oct 06, 2022
isan:
NFF dey mental grin grin grin grin
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:32am On Oct 06, 2022
As for Vivian Ikechukwu she should know that of the likes of Esther Okoronkwo, Desire Oparanozie return she’s out.. She better step up or step out
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2022
lovewins:

I understand being jetlagged and all, but like I said I am not really judging her per se for what she isn't bringing into the team but for the pressure she's putting the team under. If we also want to be fair, this Japanese team isn't as fantastic as expected, so all that is required of her is the simple things and she hasn't delivered so far.

The Japanese side have regressed though, back in the days of Homore Sawa, Kawasumi, Miho Fukumoto fear japan….

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2022
Ifeoma has been good and is a good player but as far as this match is concerned, She doesn't have that pace to outrun those japanes girls. Football as we all know sometimes needs some tactical changes. First okobi should be out at the start of the 2nd half with Onyendieze in and let them play for 15mins before ifeoma can be substituted. Why should ogbonna be getting call-ups while patricia is neglected? I don't get this.

lovewins:

I agree with your assessment save your opinion on Ifeoma. She's been great, she's only a victim of an ineffective midfield. She's even been more active than Uchenna Kanu so if anyone should go first, it should be the later.

However, I'll argue we really do not have enough to judge our strikers right now cause they haven't really been fed. I'll suggest a revamp of the midfield to assess before any change is made.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2022
If we play the 2nd the way we finished the 1st we will win this game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37am On Oct 06, 2022
It's like Vivian forgot football in Lithuania
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2022
what many just complained now, due to ajibade's fault, they would have scored. why hold the ball unnecessarily?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2022
lovewins:

What hasn't she delivered U people should stop this campaign. Okobi and Deborah have been holding it down in the midfield. While players like Ajibade have been holding on to the ball and getting us in trouble they have been doing a great job of keeping things simple. Anyone who says Okobi has been poor in this game here is a pure liar and I stand on that statement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2022
This Glory Ogbonna offers nothing offensively. So poor going forward.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 9:49am On Oct 06, 2022
Peace Efih in for Ngozi Okobi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2022
Can u imagine the foul called on Ohale. That ref is on crack
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2022
Embarrassing defending tbh but that was never a foul in the first place
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 9:53am On Oct 06, 2022
Japan score.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2022
Ohale don lose focus
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joelsteron: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2022
Can Sabastine come in please. It's a friendly after all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2022
Soft penalty
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2022
Japan wins penalty.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2022
Ohale with another blunder. PK to Japanese.
But that ought to have been offside.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2022
this ref s on crack, first, thats offside, second thats not a penalty...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2022
2-0 now. This one don finish.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2022
I can't believe Japan of all countries is cheating us like this. Clear offside not called and the pen was marginal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2022
Coach is high on crack.. i haven't seen the impact of his substitution. Always making wrong substitution. That sub put pressure on the defenders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:58am On Oct 06, 2022
wait o, which freindly has waldrum won o......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2022
Again, Randy will rather faint than make substitutions. It's a friendly for God's sake, bring these girls in

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.