Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (805223 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Samueltemi337(m): 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
Deltamani:
So this Coach nor fit manage 3 goals ahead??

And you guys are already clamouring for him to be promoted…
So the girls couldn't keep a 3 goal lead and some of you are already clamouring for them to be drafted into the senior team
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nigeria win Bronze…..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hismail1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
Third place finish...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
These girls made it hard for themselves
They would have won at full time
Instead of penalties
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
Please how the heck was Omilana not in goal during our previous penalties?

Really proud of that young girl. Most impressed by her in this class

Congratulations Nigeria

A well deserved bronze medal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Icon4s(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
hismail1:
Yes, even for the male squad.

Yeah
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
I didn't watch the match but I'm sure either Edafe or Usani missed that penalty
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
yinkeys:
These girls made it hard for themselves
They would have won at full time
Instead of penalties

blame the coach....

all he had to do was tell them to keep possession but I don't think they even practice how to keep possession..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
My own is Omilana should just continue to work hard and Smart to the U20 level… She’s for the future.. by the way why wa she acting like a Low Budget Chiamaka Nnadozie during the penalty Shootouts

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2022
mostob:

Adeshina missed..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
I'm proud of the girls...

Congratulations to them
Half a loaf is better than nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Samueltemi337:
So the girls couldn't keep a 3 goal lead and some of you are already clamouring for them to be drafted into the senior team

Ajikaye, is cool, calculated, and fast. She practically terrorized the German defense singly. Please do not take it away from her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

Adeshina missed..
ok bro grin grin
I mentioned those two because they were jittery during the last shootout
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
This coach deserved all the praises. Atleast what we all can agree is that he drilled this team well on penalty. Respect to him. He should be retained as U-17 coach but sent on a refreshers course.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Icon4s(m): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
Samueltemi337:

The usual hyping of Youth players.
They will have to compete for places in the next U20 team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
No matter how it came, bronze was all that mattered in the first place.
Congrats to the girls.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
Deltamani:
My own is Omilana should just continue to work hard and Smart to the U20 level… She’s for the future.. by the way why wa she acting like a Low Budget Chiamaka Nnadozie during the penalty Shootouts

Low Budget angry angry angry

Her height is the only problem.. I think she's better than Chiamaka Nnadozie grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2022
labas370:
This coach deserved all the praises. Atleast what we all can agree is that he drilled this team well on penalty. Respect to him. He should be retained as U-17 coach but sent on a refreshers course.

Coach that lost a 3 goal lead shocked shocked shocked shocked

he should have trained them well for the Columbia game instead of kneeling down and turning to prayer warrior...

he didn't kneel down and pray today..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
labas370:

Must they send him first before upgrading??

He’s a Coach and will definitely coach for long, he better do the upgrading himself, if not if he wait for NFF… zero for him..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
mostob:
You are 1000% wrong, like some people have said, "assumption is the mother of all f.... ups" and another "ASSumption makes an ASS of you" happy Sunday!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

Her height is the only problem.. I think she's better than Chiamaka Nnadozie grin grin grin

Stop the insults, Please
Omilana is good but not up to Nnadozie at this level..

Did you watch Chiamaka Nnadozie at the U17 level at all?

At U20 Chiamaka was already a dependable goalkeeper, her major problem then was her Goalkicks..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
mostob:
ok bro grin grin
I mentioned those two because they were jittery during the last shootout

they weren't jittery today grin grin grin

even Omilana was diving better than the other Goalkeeper Ujiakwu cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
The better team won wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

Her height is very very okay for a Goalkeeper…. If you complain about her height what will you say about Alaba Jonathan, Tochukwu Oluehi??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Deltamani:

Stop the insults, Please
Omilana is good but not up to Nnadozie at this level..

Did you watch Chiamaka Nnadozie at the U17 level at all?

At U20 Chiamaka was already a dependable goalkeeper, her major problem then was her Goalkicks..

this is U17 grin grin grin

wait until U20 before you compare both of them cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Player Review

Ajakaye is crude and raw. Full of potential, but needs refining.

My desire for her is that she gets signed to a club that will groom her, instill in her the basics and prepare her for the great future ahead of her.

Ajakaye is fast, pact and every defender's nightmare. She however gets in her own way most times. You'll notice she rarely takes on defender's, she'll rather shoot the ball (on or off target) than attempt to dribble past a player or get herself in a better position to shoot.

She's also needs to learn how to finish, for a striker her finishing is far below average. She triumphed during the qualifiers largely because if the quality of teams we played.

Priority for her now is attaching herself to a club that will help her development. I'll even suggest she seeks college scholarship in the US, particularly with Universities with amazing programs. Really hope to see her grow into the amazing player she's designed to be

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Deltamani:

Her height is very very okay for a Goalkeeper…. If you complain about her height what will you say about Alaba Jonathan, Tochukwu Oluehi??

If she was taller she would have caught more penalties.. grin grin grin

that's what I mean grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
That's why he needs a refresher's course. Even CEO of top companies go for refresher's courses. Learning doesn't have a cap. You keep on learning and then trying out what you learnt with some modifications. He tried. We lost to colombia because the game plan for that day nearly paid off but was totally a bad game. MOU does that too.

I have a writeup i was writing after the U-20 tournament for our Nigerian female teams and i kind of abandoned it due to work. I think I will finish it up in coming days and post it here too. It will cover a lot of areas.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by hismail1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
Germany second goal was a clear offside, don't know how VAR missed that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

Coach that lost a 3 goal lead shocked shocked shocked shocked

he should have trained them well for the Columbia game instead of kneeling down and turning to prayer warrior...

he didn't kneel down and pray today..
grin You’re speaking facts
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
This Man should better go and get better Coaching batches and upgrade to the modern game…

There are online Classes too,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

this is U17 grin grin grin

wait until U20 before you compare both of them cheesy cheesy cheesy

My Comparison is based on their U17 performance…

Omilana is still below Nnadozie at their level, even Onyinyechi Okeke did better but hasn’t lived up to expectations

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.