Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (805245 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
labas370:
That's why he needs a refresher's course. Even CEO of top companies go for refresher's courses. Learning doesn't have a cap. You keep on learning and then trying out what you learnt with some modifications. He tried. We lost to colombia because the game plan for that day nearly paid off but was totally a bad game. MOU does that too.

I have a writeup i was writing after the U-20 tournament for our Nigerian female teams and i kind of abandoned it due to work. I think I will finish it up in coming days and post it here too. It will cover a lot of areas.

We drew against Colombia...

we didn't lose..

If Edafe had scored or the other GK had at least dive and catch something..

We would have been in the final...

A coach that does not know how to tell his players to keep possession and also change formation to an "Athletico de Madrid" type of defensive formation is an okay coach..

we need an excellent coach.. hopefully he improves himself and becomes better and excellent..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
Deltamani:

My Comparison is based on their U17 performance…

Omilana is still below Nnadozie at their level, even Onyinyechi Okeke did better but hasn’t lived up to expectations

Omilana and Ujiakwu took them to 3rd place.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nnadozie didn't get to semi-finals grin grin grin

Omilana is better grin grin grin grin

End of story...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
Yes.. THEY SHOULD SEND HIM.
Companies send their staff for refresher's courses. He is a staff of NFF and it's NFF duty to help him attend some courses.

How much is he earning to start with?
How much is naira to USD?
assuming he earns #500K per month, that's less than $1000. less than what McDonald's staff earn. From that salary you want him to save up money for flight ticket, accomodation, feeding, courses fees and other expenses? No.. we must start doing some things right. And it's only corruption that make the NFF guys to say that there's no fund. There's always money available but the siphon it.

Deltamani:

Must they send him first before upgrading??

He’s a Coach and will definitely coach for long, he better do the upgrading himself, if not if he wait for NFF… zero for him..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

End of story...

Hahahahaha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
hismail1:
Germany second goal was a clear offside, don't know how VAR missed that.

It wasn't offside..

one of the Nigerian central defenders was deeper than the other Nigerian defender thereby playing the German player on while the another German player was offside..

the German player that touched the ball wasn't offside.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
Except there's a paradigm shift (which isn't likely to happen), I won't suggest Olowookere as a coach for any of the age grade teams. He obviously achieved what no one else has at the u-17 level and deserves the Kudos, but he isn't the best fit for young girls in my opinion.

The constant shouting and barking of his displeasure vis a vis instructions at players was a sorry sight. It ultimately isn't good for a players psyche. At some points in today's match, he was literally shouting at the players to pack the box while Germany was about to take a free kick, Omilana however was shouting at the top of her lungs for them to push out instead, confusion set in as the players weren't sure whose instructions to follow. We were lucky not to concede at that point.

Notice the disposition of the German coach all through the game, she was giving instructions where necessary and you could hardly hear her voice, she was encouraging and clapping from the sidelines even when they were 3 goals down. The German girls didn't express any form of pressure at all. We need someone in that mold for young teenagers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

End of story...

If na by this one, Ibubeleye Whyte for be SuperFalcons first choice…

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
At least, we take home the bronze medal despite throwing away a 3 goals lead. Walahi talai had we lost this game ehn.... angry

Anyway, kudos to the ladies. We equal Africa's best finish at this level of the women's game.
Back in 2012, Germany also lost to Ghana in the third place game. Game ended 1-0.

Germany must loathe African teams now at this level. Lmao.

I see really bright futures for the likes of Amina Bello (#7), Opeyemi Ajakaye (#17) and Faith Omilana (#1).

Omilana is a fine shot stopper but needs to work on her ball grips and handling. She's young and can definitely improve.
I loved her theatrics on the line during the shoot outs. Could have earned her 2 saves even but one was enough. And she didn't even have to save another as she put the fear of God into that German babe who skied hers. Lol

Ajakaye has pace and power. What a babe with such commanding physical qualities at this level already. What she needs to work on is her shooting technique and decision makings.
She needs to be able to always make the right decisions in the final third after her blistering pace has taken her to the final third.

Bello is a Baller. Possibly the best player in terms of ball playing for me. She has mad technique when on the ball. Her ball intelligence is quite impressive for her age already at this level. I hope she can keep evolving into a player that will eventually go on to achieve great things in the game.

I think it's safe to say these lasses are my personal top 3 Naija players with huge potentials from this WC Edition. But it is up to them to go on and prove me right.

Those who deserve a mention:

- Miracle Usani, Shakira Oyinlola, Taiwo Afolabi, Chikamso Jiwuaku, Blessing Emmanuel and the one game wonder, Chidera Okenwa.

Amazing where Okenwa has been all tournament. That girl looks the part. Bagged an assist for Ajakaye and should have scored herself if she had taken her 1-on-1 better.

Taiwo Afolabi is a lightweight at this level physically but her technique on the ball and ball sense were not hard to notice for me as well. My only problem with her at this tournament was the number of turnovers/lost possessions she had due to her not being strong enough in duels in the middle of the pack.

Miracle Usani is a powerhouse physically and decent from set pieces. A marauding fullback with fine potentials. I hope her development curve keeps going up. She looks the part too but definitely not at eureka level.

As for the coach... abeg, brother needs more tactical exposure. Mismanaging a game that sees you up at 3-0 at the 70th min mark and seeing it back level at 3-3 is not a good one tbh.

He did okay. He brings home a bronze but he needs more tactical classes abeg. He can continue at this U17 level too. He has made history and should be encouraged to do more at this level.

Congrats Nigeria.

At least we showed the Germans their 2-1 win in the group stage was a mistake. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
labas370:
Yes.. THEY SHOULD SEND HIM.
Companies send their staff for refresher's courses. He is a staff of NFF and it's NFF duty to help him attend some courses.

How much is he earning to start with?
How much is naira to USD?
assuming he earns #500K per month, that's less than $1000. less than what McDonald's staff earn. From that salary you want him to save up money for flight ticket, accomodation, feeding, courses fees and other expenses? No.. we must start doing some things right. And it's only corruption that make the NFF guys to say that there's no fund. There's always money available but the siphon it.

My own is he shouldn’t wait for NFF to do that, he should start from somewhere…. At least at the CAF level before UEFA based on finance..

How many have NFF sent for Refresher Courses??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
lovewins:
Except there's a paradigm shift (which isn't likely to happen), I won't suggest Olowookere as a coach for any of the age grade teams. He obviously achieved what no one else has at the u-17 level and deserves the Kudos, but he isn't the best fit for young girls in my opinion.

The constant shouting and barking of his displeasure vis a vis instructions at players was a sorry sight. It ultimately isn't good for a players psyche. At some points in today's match, he was literally shouting at the players to pack the box while Germany was about to take a free kick, Omilana however was shouting at the top of her lungs for them to push out instead, confusion set in as the players weren't sure whose instructions to follow. We were lucky not to concede at that point.

Notice the disposition of the German coach all through the game, she was giving instructions where necessary and you could hardly hear her voice, she was encouraging and clapping from the sidelines even when they were 3 goals down. The German girls didn't express any form of pressure at all. We need someone in that mold for young teenagers.

because he didn't teach and train them how to keep possession and stay in triangle positions..

He had good set of players but he couldn't make them better and boost their confidence on the ball and off the ball...

At least his has won something and can improve himself if he wants to...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
lovewins:

This is where the likes of Florence Omagbemi, Mercy Akide Udoh and Co can come in but they won’t want to Coach at the U17 level here in Nigeria but the SuperFalcons….

While abroad they coach age grade teams, I have read a lot of Comments about them, how other Coaches, Fans and Parents of the Players appreciates and commend them for their good jobs…

Is it that they want already made players (SuperFalcons) and they don’t want to start building our young ones here??

We really need to know why they don’t want to Coach Nigeria at the Age grade level…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Deltamani:

This is where the likes of Florence Omagbemi, Mercy Akide Udoh and Co can come in but they won’t want to Coach at the U17 level here in Nigeria but the SuperFalcons….

While abroad they coach age grade teams, I have read a lot of Comments about them, how other Coaches, Fans and Parents of the Players appreciates and commend them for their good jobs…

Is it that they want already made players (SuperFalcons) and they don’t want to start building our young ones here??

We really need to know why they don’t want to Coach Nigeria at the Age grade level…

Did they say they don't want to coach age grade?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
naijaseeker:

Did they say they don't want to coach age grade?

SuperFalcon Job….

Have you seen any of them apply for the age grade Coaching Job before now?

NFF is still the major Problem, Appointing Coaches up and down…At the end they won’t even settle for the best
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
Goalless at half-time!

second half underway

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
Spain takes the Lead…. Via an Owngoal.

82’ Colombia (0)-(1) Spain
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Spare us this omagbemi and Akide udoh stories pls undecided they are both averages at best .....how many top clubs or countries have they coach since leaving super falcons ? They are not good enough that's why nobody is demanding for their signature
Deltamani:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Waldrum starting line up against south Africa already tell me everything i need to know about his coaching abilities , his decision making is not up to a scratch
AkinDS:
And you know for a fact that he doesn’t know who his best players are? Especially after the rash of injuries that has hit the team and new players coming on board?
The bedrock of a solid team is its defense. It is extremely difficult to lose at match IF you have a strong defense.
Nigeria is in a much better space now, defensively, than we were last year. A ton more quality options available to choose from.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Congratulations to Spain

They Successfully defended their title

Big ups to Colombia, they gave a good fight

BTW,

Vicky Lopez should please leave her hair free. I found it difficult to recognise her. The hair has somewhat become her signature look

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
U17WWC
Congratulations to Spain who retain the U17WWC title

Final
Spain (1) - (0) Colômbia
Guzman og 82

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
lovewins:
Congratulations to Spain

They Successfully defended their title

Big ups to Colombia, they gave a good fight

BTW,

Vicky Lopez should please leave her hair free. I found it difficult to recognise her. The hair has somewhat become her signature look

Obob…. I thought I was the only one looking for her on the pitch.. She better not try this nonsense again oo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2022
Vicky Lopez wins the Golden ball award, adjudged the best player of the tournament.

Linda Caicedo wins the Silver ball award. Fantastic player, great future ahead of her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:
NFF and Nigeria has to invest in coaching and playing possession football..
Pushing and encouraging coaching license courses abroad till it becomes the norm. We need it on CVs. Then style of play again. We had none in this competition.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
Skills:
She is the kind of striker that will rely on her pace and shooting, as opposed to her dribbling skills. She has a lot in common with Oshoala, who is a poor 1v1 dribbler but could be lethal with her pace and scoring.

Finishing:
She is certainly NOT a below average scorer. She has been largely unlucky, with some of her shots either being saved or clanging off the woodwork. Had that not been the case, she certainly would have been amongst the top scorers in this competition. Wouldn't be surprised if she ended up having the most shots on goal, which is a very good thing. Her finishing can always be worked on by a good club coach and she can actualize her potential as a lethal striker.
lovewins:
Player Review

Ajakaye is crude and raw. Full of potential, but needs refining.

My desire for her is that she gets signed to a club that will groom her, instill in her the basics and prepare her for the great future ahead of her.

Ajakaye is fast, pact and every defender's nightmare. She however gets in her own way most times. You'll notice she rarely takes on defender's, she'll rather shoot the ball (on or off target) than attempt to dribble past a player or get herself in a better position to shoot.

She's also needs to learn how to finish, for a striker her finishing is far below average. She triumphed during the qualifiers largely because if the quality of teams we played.

Priority for her now is attaching herself to a club that will help her development. I'll even suggest she seeks college scholarship in the US, particularly with Universities with amazing programs. Really hope to see her grow into the amazing player she's designed to be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by forgiveness: 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
lovewins:

Notice the disposition of the German coach all through the game, she was giving instructions where necessary and you could hardly hear her voice, [b]she was encouraging and clapping from the sidelines even when they were 3 goals down. [/b]The German girls didn't express any form of pressure at all. We need someone in that mold for young teenagers.

That's why the Germans were beaten. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
What's up the CAF women's champions League... Thought it's starting today...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Big no.9

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
justicechichex:
What's up the CAF women's champions League... Thought it's starting today...

����� ����

Introducing Bayelsa Queens 21-player list for their

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
Old mama in retirement league.
Boring.
Deltamani:
Big no.9

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
Deltamani:

����� ����

Introducing Bayelsa Queens 21-player list for their

Is there a problem with Monday Gift's deal with her new club? She hasn't even been listed since their announcement, and doesn't look like she's in Spain. Worried about how this affects her ultimately in preparation for the world cup. If there are issues, she should come back and play Champions League for Bayelsa o.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
daveP:
Pushing and encouraging coaching license courses abroad till it becomes the norm. We need it on CVs. Then style of play again. We had none in this competition.

Style of play, positioning, passing and the time to start making substitutions, passing in the opponents half of the field e.t.c are what they should be working on..

Oliseh has foreign coaching license and he made the Super Eagles worse and caused problems amongst the players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
codemaniacs:

Style of play, positioning, passing and the time to start making substitutions, passing in the opponents half of the field e.t.c are what they should be working on..

Oliseh has foreign coaching license and he made the Super Eagles worse and caused problems amongst the players.

You've said it well.

Right now, one aspect of Falcons game dey fear me. And that is the defense and midfield cohesion. Long balls won't help us at this mundial. If they can't formulate a way to transit using each other, na big Shege dey load. We may have good legs in both sections, but if a system is not in place, alongside the discipline and the tact.....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
AkinDS:
Old mama in retirement league.
Boring.
i hope the old mama 10 we have currently won't sha be benching the younger ones under guise of experience?

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: semid4lyfe(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.