Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804880 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

If Bayelsa took their chances it would have been a blowout. They kept missing and allowed Sundowns gain confidence.

I only watched a last 3 minutes of the first half so can't really comment on that, but they didn't create a lot of chances in the second half. I however agree they that they also didn't take some of their chances.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
Its painful to see south african teams bash our teams back to back in recent times, I feel like crying. How did we get so low??

Is this a curse?

Its so painful guys and it hurts a lot, honestly!

It's not a curse. It's the result of structure, planning and hardwork.

The sundown ladies play exactly like the Bayana Bayana. South Africa is building a football philosophy that is gradually being imbibed by their club sides.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
lovewins:

It's not a curse. It's the result of structure, planning and hardwork.

The sundown ladies play exactly like the Bayana Bayana. South Africa is building a football philosophy that is gradually being imbibed by their club sides.

Which yeye philosophy...

Philosophy that makes their teams get beaten by average European teams.

We are just not serious and mentally prepared to face them anymore.

On a good day, bayana with or without philosophy shouldn't be rubbing shoulders with the super falcons in anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
All the Flamingoes goals in India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3AeR1ncaek

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
But why do Nigerian teams lose their first matches in tournament and in friendlies?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=BascoVanVeli post=118024926]All the Flamingoes goals

I have a question. Why do the girls always give a salute for their goal celebration? Please don't do an Omawunmi for me with your response.

Thank you!!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
All the Flamingoes goals in India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3AeR1ncaek

One just got to love what Miracle Usani brings to this set. Weldone Basco cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
solonnachi:
But why do Nigerian teams lose their first matches in tournament and been friendlies?

Culture!
We always never really come firing from all cylinders. If you study the set/teams that did win, they usually had a better coach. Our media has played its part by using this to excuse lack of adequate preparation and proper, technical input into the squad.

For this BQ losing tonight, they showed some brilliance, but i won't be surprised if they got no data whatsoever to outsmart MS style of play(which they maintain since last season). These things no hard, but undecided cry

We can never be our best with such football culture. Times have moved ahead. We need to catch up. Especially the Transition aspect.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:21am On Nov 01, 2022
daveP:

One just got to love what Miracle Usani brings to this set. Weldone Basco cool

Thanks boss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:32am On Nov 01, 2022
[quote author=AndSunGorilla post=118026185][/quote]

One of the girls was asked and tbh her answer didn't make too much sense. My guess is that the coach did it once before and everyone followed suit. Cos they've been saluting since the qualifiers. Did u guys notice that they walk off the field in a single file line grin I think the coach is a disciplinarian with a bit of a fun side.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by justicechichex: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2022
Danielnino00:

The error for sundowns second goal was too amateurish...

True. Worse part was that the errors continued throughout the game. The coach needs to help them be more composed and not jittery especially when playing out from the back.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
Its painful to see south african teams bash our teams back to back in recent times, I feel like crying. How did we get so low??

Is this a curse?

Its so painful guys and it hurts a lot, honestly!

Let them go and play USA, Canada and Japan the way we played them. Even if they win the next 5 AWCONs they still won't be a threat to our standing on the continent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Let them go and play USA, Canada and Japan the way we played them. Even if they win the next 5 AWCONs they still won't be a threat to our standing on the continent.
Crystal clear truth �
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
Highlights of Bayelsa Queens match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtRTeT_KSo

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2022
Congrats to Onyi on being named the ACC's Co-Offensive Player of the Week!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
Deltamani:
Congrats to Onyi on being named the ACC's Co-Offensive Player of the Week!

Her change of pace, a Change of direction, good on the ball..

Onyi First touch and movement are good, As a Midfielder she strikes the ball well. She’s a very useful player even from the flank and I’m expecting a lot more from her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2022
15 Years Annabelle Chukwu playing for Ottawa South United called up to the Canadian Senior National Team Squad for November international Friendly games..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
Rasheedat Ajibade comes off the bench to assist the equalizer for Atletico Madrid as they’re held to a home draw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
Deltamani:
Rasheedat Ajibade comes off the bench to assist the equalizer for Atletico Madrid as they’re held to a home draw.

Rosa Ariyo also scored a goal today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
lovewins:

Rosa Ariyo also scored a goal today.

Yeah… off the bench

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
Deltamani:
15 Years Annabelle Chukwu playing for Ottawa South United called up to the Canadian Senior National Team Squad for November international Friendly games..

Could be useful to the 2024 Flamingos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:46am On Nov 02, 2022
Let me get this straight...
In spite of all the amount of talent coming out of Canada now, a 15 yr old girl of Nigerian descent is deemed good enough to be invited to the Canadian Snr women's team, yet you are talking about Flamingos?
I mean, seriously
PDPGuy:

Could be useful to the 2024 Flamingos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 6:36am On Nov 02, 2022
AkinDS:
In spite of all the amount of talent coming out of Canada now, a 15 yr old girl of Nigerian descent is deemed good enough to be invited to the Canadian Snr women's team, yet you are talking about Flamingos?
I mean, seriously

The attitude of Nigerians towards young people is to treat them like they're 10 years old and younger...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 6:44am On Nov 02, 2022
AkinDS:
I mean, seriously

I was trying to understand the thinking myself. She is good enough to beat mam Falcons but no, she cannot even play for Falcon-lets, she should go to kindergarten. How old was Orderga when she played for the Falcons in 2011 self?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:14am On Nov 02, 2022
naijaseeker:

I was trying to understand the thinking myself. She is good enough to beat mam Falcons but no, she cannot even play for Falcon-lets, she should go to kindergarten. How old was Orderga when she played for the Falcons in 2011 self?

Francisca Ordega started playing for the Superfalcons in 2010 immediately after the 2010 FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup in Trinidad and Tobago. I think she was 16years then… Ordega Played alongside Perpetual Nkwocha and Stella Mbachu at the 2010 AWCON in South Africa before going to the World Cup in 2011

Uchechi Sunday who was even younger than Ordega played at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Germany… She was the youngest in the tournament then.. just about 16 or so
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2022
AkinDS:
I mean, seriously
My bad. I mis spoke lol
Per FIFA regs, she will only be eligible for the Super Falcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2022
Francisca Ordega, Ngozi Okobi, Desire Oparanozie, Loveth Ayila, Ebere Orji all started for the Superfalcons at their 16 and 17 years… They all played 2010 AWCON while Uche Ngozi Eucharia was Coach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2022
Danish Elitedivisionenen|Nigerian Forward Joy Omewa Can't Stop Scoring Spearheads Team Of The Week After Netting Brace.

Nigerian Forward Joy Omewa scored her fourth goal of the season as her Danish Clubside Fortuna Hjoring beat Kolding IF by 3-1 on Sunday.

The Former Osun Babes Forward opened scoring in the 33rd minute, before Maiken Rasmussen leveled up for the away side seven minutes after.

Sofie Lundgaard fired Fortuna up in the 53rd, before the young Nigerian forward completed her brace in the 60th minute, through an assist from Sia Olar.

Omewa also scored two goals against FC Thy-Thisted in the week 9 fixture.

The Lagos Born Forward deservedly made the team of the week in the week 10 of the Danish Elitedivisionenen.

Fortuna Hjorring are presently placed third in the standings of the Danish Elitedivisionenen after ten matches played.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2022
Never heard of her…

Going forward, videos clips give a better opportunity to assess her skills, as opposed to ‘stills’ (pictures), which don’t tell you anything.
Deltamani:
Danish Elitedivisionenen|Nigerian Forward Joy Omewa Can't Stop Scoring Spearheads Team Of The Week After Netting Brace.

Nigerian Forward Joy Omewa scored her fourth goal of the season as her Danish Clubside Fortuna Hjoring beat Kolding IF by 3-1 on Sunday.

The Former Osun Babes Forward opened scoring in the 33rd minute, before Maiken Rasmussen leveled up for the away side seven minutes after.

Sofie Lundgaard fired Fortuna up in the 53rd, before the young Nigerian forward completed her brace in the 60th minute, through an assist from Sia Olar.

Omewa also scored two goals against FC Thy-Thisted in the week 9 fixture.

The Lagos Born Forward deservedly made the team of the week in the week 10 of the Danish Elitedivisionenen.

Fortuna Hjorring are presently placed third in the standings of the Danish Elitedivisionenen after ten matches played.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
Rasheedat Ajibade vs Real Sociadad yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EMm3rOmep4

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2022
Demehin Beaten on two occasions by Diani to score both goals with her head…

Not a Bad game from Demehin though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NawYusMA1xI

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
AFC Women’s Under 20 ,AFC Women’s Under 17 Qualifying draws

Why can’t CAF adopt this method? Is it that all CAF Nations are not financially capable??

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.