Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (808498 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1074) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
I back Ghana to win the U17 wc

I guess you did not put any money on this one.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
Duru1:

I guess you did not put any money on this one.
grin just some land
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
So this is the same Ghana u17 some persons here said would beat the super falcons.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2018
isaiah9:
So this is the same Ghana u17 some persons here said would beat the super falcons.
They wont beat our U17.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
isaiah9:

Nobody ever said that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
Someone should please help with a link to watch U-17 world cup, what stage is Ghana now? Also Falcons against Cameroon match, how can one watch it online, I don't feel our girls are strong enough to handle them though
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Someone should please help with a link to watch U-17 world cup, what stage is Ghana now? Also Falcons against Cameroon match, how can one watch it online, I don't feel our girls are strong enough to handle them though
Ghana U17 are out. There are linksto watch our girls. The links usually come around 15 minutes before kick off

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Nobody ever said that
Someone did
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Cameroon 's strength is in their midfield but am hopeful Ayinde and Rita will be able to nullify any of their threat from midfield. Also with the triple O in attack ,we are good to go. Their number 7 is their only threat in attack. .quite pact but not strong and she got tired easily
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
olapluto:

Ghana U17 are out. There are linksto watch our girls. The links usually come around 15 minutes before kick off

Kai sad I wanted them to win. Can you pls post the link or website
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2018
Those of us streaming the matches, you can stream today's match on bein sports 7. South Africa match too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2018
PDPGuy:
I know it’s super early, but this would be my ideal formation at the World Cup:

———————Nnadozie———————

—-Njoku——Ohale—-Ebi—-Ebere—-

————Nwabuoku—Ayinde—————-

————————Okobi————-

——-Oshoala——Umotong——Ordega——

I have a gut feeling that the likes of Umotong and Igbinovia would make the World Cup squad, while Courtney Dike, Sophia Omidji, Uchechi Sunday would also make the provisional squad.

There is no room for a mediocrity.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
Dedetwo:

There is no room for a mediocrity.
I know for sure Omidiji will not play a competitive match for the falcons. She's good, but not as good as what we have now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Kai sad I wanted them to win. Can you pls post the link or website

http://livesport24.net/football-streams/#source-2

I'm pretty sure it will be shown on this site.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

http://livesport24.net/football-streams/#source-2
I'm pretty sure it will be shown on this site.

Tanks but they are not going to stream
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Tanks but they are not going to stream

Sure, check under upcoming broadcasts -16:30. I watched Mali v Algeria on there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lordparcel: 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Sure, check under upcoming broadcasts -16:30. I watched Mali v Algeria on there.
how many mb required to stream full match?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
lordparcel:

how many mb required to stream full match?

I personally like to find the ones with the lowest quality grin but I say 400 to 500 just to be safe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lordparcel: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I personally like to find the ones with the lowest quality grin but I say 400 to 500 just to be safe
ok
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
We break Cameroonian hearts again. They must think its some form of juju.

Now South Africa is ready to carry the cup, because this Falcons are not ready to attack.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
And I want to comment on this issue that just was asked about our team being an aging one. So far as I am concerned this not the Under-17, Under-20 or under-23. It's the senior national team and does not have any age requirements.
If the player is as old as 40 and the coaches feel she is the best person to play ahead of the 18 year old, it shouldn't be a problem, as long as she can deliver. So if anyone wants to see younger girls play then my advice is for them to go watch our junior teams.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
olapluto:

Now South Africa is ready to carry the cup, because this Falcons are not ready to attack.

Our coach tried so hard lose that match. Subbing Ordega who is our woman of the tournament and leaving a half fit Oparanozie on the pitch. I am starting to think Chikwelu and the coach have something going on because this is just ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Our coach tried so hard lose that match. Subbing Ordega who is our woman of the tournament and leaving a half fit Oparanozie on the pitch. I am starting to think Chikwelu and the coach have something going on because this is just ridiculous
I forgive the coach because he doesnt know his players well yet. He has Ihezuo on the bench but prefers Anam Imo who offers practically nothing. All his subs were off today.
They say good strikers win you matches, but good defenders win you tournaments. We may win this cup simply because we have solid experienced defenders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:16am On Nov 28, 2018
Just watched the SA v Mali highlights, and all the goal mouth action was in the Malian goal shocked
And SA’s second goal was an absolute beauty! The SF have a real fight on their hands on Saturday.

Between now and Saturday, something has to be done by Dennerby to improve the linkage between the midfield and attack. Aside from the Equatorial Guinea match, the connection between the mids and forwards has been below average, which makes the team’s attacking moves so disjointed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:51am On Nov 28, 2018
So I completed a simulated draw for the World Cup on FIFA’s site. And I put Naija (as CAF 1) in a favorable group cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:52am On Nov 28, 2018

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:25am On Nov 28, 2018
I really like how our ladies have stepped up since the first game,I am still not sure which it is for our coach,is that he does not know his players really well or just not able to read a game much. At this time I will make a case for him that he still does not know his players that well. The reason for this that he should stop trying Ajibade in mid field....that was the mistake he made against south africa, and also her brought in initially yesterday to play in midfield,immediately,she came in the midfield collapsed finally. I give it to our defence. They were rock solid. I still believe that IMO should not step on the field yet,she is still not sure of herself, also taking orderga off,i do not subscribe too, he made quite a lot of blunders yesterday,The job of the coach cut out for him,going forward he need other replacement in the midfield,not ajibade.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2018
PDPGuy:
Just watched the SA v Mali highlights, and all the goal mouth action was in the Malian goal shocked
And SA’s second goal was an absolute beauty! The SF have a real fight on their hands on Saturday.

Between now and Saturday, something has to be done by Dennerby to improve the linkage between the midfield and attack. Aside from the Equatorial Guinea match, the connection between the mids and forwards has been below average, which makes the team’s attacking moves so disjointed.
I see nothing special about them except that they play good possession football. Their attack was not that good and both of their goals were down to goalkeeping error. If SF can sought out their midfield, they are good to go.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2018
Group of death everywhere shocked
PDPGuy:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2018
I don't think ajibade is the problem we were outplayed from the first minute to the last the team played too deep oshoala spent more time in our half angry
carbonado:
I really like how our ladies have stepped up since the first game,I am still not sure which it is for our coach,is that he does not know his players really well or just not able to read a game much. At this time I will make a case for him that he still does not know his players that well. The reason for this that he should stop trying Ajibade in mid field....that was the mistake he made against south africa, and also her brought in initially yesterday to play in midfield,immediately,she came in the midfield collapsed finally. I give it to our defence. They were rock solid. I still believe that IMO should not step on the field yet,she is still not sure of herself, also taking orderga off,i do not subscribe too, he made quite a lot of blunders yesterday,The job of the coach cut out for him,going forward he need other replacement in the midfield,not ajibade.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:45am On Nov 28, 2018
isan:
I don't think ajibade is the problem we were outplayed from the first minute to the last the team played too deep oshoala spent more time in our half angry

Oshoala actually played more as a wing back than a striker. The coach was just happy to sit back and absorb pressure for 90 minutes. It seems we should get used to this type of game from the Swede.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 11:52am On Nov 28, 2018
olapluto:

These Falcons are mostly tired legs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (1074) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.