Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794751 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
Vivian Ikechukwu

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2023
Members of the Cameroon Women’s National Team Departed for Auckland, New Zealand on January 30, 2023 with 7 players and part of the technical staff of the Indomitable Lionesses. They will get to acclimatize with the weather Condition over there before the InterContinental Playoffs tournament of the FIFA World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023.

The foreign based Pros will join them later on after their Club duties.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:21pm On Jan 31, 2023
📣 OFFICIAL | South Africa Forward Ode Fulutudilu, is the new BetisFéminas player ✍️🏻

Welcome to your new home!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2023
Zambia 🇿🇲 WNT provisional squad for the upcoming games in Alanya

Barbra Banda will miss the tournament due to club commitments Zambia association state

Feb 15
Zambia 🇿🇲 v Venezuela 🇻🇪

Feb 18
Zambia 🇿🇲 v Slovenia 🇸🇮

Feb 21
Zambia 🇿🇲 v Uzbekistan 🇺🇿

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
🚨 OFFICIAL! 🚨

Nigerian forward Chinwendu Veronica Ihezuo is new Monterrey Liga BBVA MX Femenil player (already registered) for the 2023 Rayadas Closure.

25-year-old "Chinwe" will use #30 and be the replacement for Colombian defender Isabella Echeverri (no longer registered).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
BREAKING 🚨: @NGSuper_Falcons Midfielder @NgoziOkobi Joins Spanish🇪🇸 Side @LUDfemenino For The Rest Of The Season. She Is Expected To Wear Jersey Number 22 At Her New Club.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2023
Deltamani:
BREAKING 🚨: @NGSuper_Falcons Midfielder @NgoziOkobi Joins Spanish🇪🇸 Side @LUDfemenino For The Rest Of The Season. She Is Expected To Wear Jersey Number 22 At Her New Club.

At least you guys will get to see Ngozi Okobi play on a regular so as to assess her current performance….

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2023
Deltamani:

Levante les planas is quick becoming a second home to super falcons players. Uncle first, then Onome (even though she was cut recently) now Okobi. Interesting.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2023
NWSL smiley Clubside Racing Louisville is finalizing a transfer to acquire Nigeria forward Uchenna Kanu from Tigres. Sources tell me the transfer fee would be $150K + incentives, a record for movement between the two leagues.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2023
Oshoala with a goal y assist vs Valencia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2023
Geyse has lost her confidence
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Is not easy for her right now, the Cup Competition that Barca have been kicked out is literally affecting her.. Maybe the Coach should give her more playing time..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2023
Deltamani:

Is not easy for her right now, the Cup Competition that Barca have been kicked out is literally affecting her.. Maybe the Coach should give her more playing time..

But she sef, how do u forget u got a red card just last season?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2023
At who's expense? Oshoala? No thanks!
She can continue to sit on the bench and possibly learn a thing or two about not being selfish.
Deltamani:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2023
Seems her move to the Mexican League was a step towards coming back to the US and sign for an NWSL club.
Kudos to her for a planned career move and hope she makes a solid impact at Racing Louisville.
Deltamani:
NWSL smiley Clubside Racing Louisville is finalizing a transfer to acquire Nigeria forward Uchenna Kanu from Tigres. Sources tell me the transfer fee would be $150K + incentives, a record for movement between the two leagues.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

It will be unfair to put this on her. First, the said red card wasn't even earned as a Barcelona player, I think she got it at Madrid CFF. The league itself missed it, one could argue that there was no way for Barcelona to know as it didn't reflect in the records.

I do not think that's having any effect on her though, I think she just needs game time to build her confidence.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2023
honestly that's not her job
BascoVanVeli:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
AkinDS:
At who's expense? Oshoala? No thanks!
She can continue to sit on the bench and possibly learn a thing or two about not being selfish.

Nooooooo, At least she can get game time like she got today from the Flank… Oshoala is very hot right now and I don’t think Coach JG will bench her for Geyse at this moment..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2023
lovewins:

It will be unfair to put this on her. First, the said red card wasn't even earned as a Barcelona player, I think she got it at Madrid CFF. The league itself missed it, one could argue that there was no way for Barcelona to know as it didn't reflect in the records.

I do not think that's having any effect on her though, I think she just needs game time to build her confidence.

So she thought the red card disappeared into thin air like the rapture? If it was accumulation of yellows I can understand but u don't forget a straight red. I don't blame her totally but let's not act like she couldn't tell her coach she got a red card in her last cup match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2023
Nigerian Veteran defender Faith Ikidi has signed for another year with Piteå IF, her 13th season with Pitea IF..

The 35yrs old remain Superfalcons most versatile defender and Best Left Back ever..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
How come you guys ain’t including Anam IMO in the current Superfalcon set up..?

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:39pm On Feb 01, 2023
Good for her!
Now, can we focus on those who are relevant to the SF in this day and age?
Deltamani:
Nigerian Veteran defender Faith Ikidi has signed for another year with Piteå IF, her 13th season with Pitea IF..

The 35yrs old remain Superfalcons most versatile defender and Best Left Back ever..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:28am On Feb 02, 2023
AkinDS:
Good for her!
Now, can we focus on those who are relevant to the SF in this day and age?

😂😂😂.. Ikidi still remains one of our best Left Back till date, I just wish we could get to see a fresh younger and Modern day Left Back… But no one yet.

When Patricia George came into the Picture, I was very happy cause she was such a Complete full back but injuries have forced her to hange her boots for the now..I pray she returns back,…

Again we need Young (19-24yrs) and Modern day fullbacks like Selma Bacha, Riviera etc
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 1:02am On Feb 02, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

The thing tire me o.

It's not even as if it something happened years ago, it's just few months o and she forgot grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 1:05am On Feb 02, 2023
lovewins:

But the Spanish FA are all shades of Unprofessional and incompetent sha. How do you not record things as important as that on your records portal. Hopefully, they win the appeal sha because the club can't suffer for the incompetence of the FA.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay1: 1:07am On Feb 02, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

So she thought the red card disappeared into thin air like the rapture? If it was accumulation of yellows I can understand but u don't forget a straight red. I don't blame her totally but let's not act like she couldn't tell her coach she got a red card in her last cup match.

Exactly.

Straight red is not something you forget easily. You don't get them very often in your career.The fee ones you get usually stick and you will always remember
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:32am On Feb 02, 2023
bench warming don dey reset her brain
BascoVanVeli:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2023
🇳🇬𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒖 𝑰𝒉𝒆𝒛𝒖𝒐

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
All the Fans are saying she’s ( PATRICIA GEORGE) pregnant, could this be one of the reasons she’s going off football for a year??

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
I’m trying to acclimatize” – Nigeria’s Gift Monday unmoved by Tenerife’s slow start

Nigeria forward, Gift Monday remains unmoved despite her slow start to the season in Spanish Liga F, stressing that she’s still trying to settle at her new Spanish club, Tenerife.
Monday moved to Tenerife from Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) side, FC Robo Queens in November 2022 following her fine loan spell with Bayelsa Queens, winning the Player of the Season and Topscorer with 12 goals.
The 2022 CAF Youth Player of the Year nominee has managed one goal in seven matches in all competition for the Canary islands based outfit but the 21-year-old is untroubled about her slow start to life in Spanish football.
“Well, I’ve just been here for few months now and it hasn’t really been fun because I’m still trying to settle in. I spent most of my time indoors but my teammates are helpful regardless,” Monday said in a twitter chat with David Oku.
“I learnt that there’s a great fure for me, seeing Barcelona girls playing the way they did it’s a big motivation for me.”
On advise to upcoming young girls in Nigeria, Monday says they should remain focused on their achieving their goal.
“I love the fact that most of them already know what they want so I would say remain focus on your goal, don’t only dream it, live it,” she continued.
“My goal is to settle in well, get used to the league here and start doing my thing.”
Monday and Tenerife will be eager to bounce back from their heavy defeat to Barcelona when they face off against Athletic Club in their next fixture on February 4.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2023
Asisat Oshoala vs Valencia highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5DmNKYiBKY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
Former England and Brighton manager Hope Powell has told The Times in an interview that she thinks England's manager should always be English

Powell clarified her comment saying: "It's all about encouraging home-grown coaches, showing a pathway to the top as Gareth Southgate did with the men." - forzawoso

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.