Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806463 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
Again the Midfield is the most balanced position right now, the quality is dope but it seems you’re underestimating Regina Otu, maybe i should say Forgive her for her poor run in WAFCON but she’s better than that… Okobi isn’t just there though 😂😂
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ihezuo and Roosa Ariyo should be there cause both are in good form can’t drop any of the two for now, maybe after their performance prior to the World Cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
I'm more concerned about her age , she's old and play once in a blue moon
Deltamani:

For the Goalkeepers the inclusion of Balogun Yewande is pretty okay, not embarrassing as it seems, she trains regularly, plays their cup games, but have only played 1 league game this season so not bad..

Again the home based goalkeepers are not as good as you’re seeing them, I can only hand pick Christy Ohaeriaku and Okeke
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
okobi is just there , I'm not excited to see her in the national team anymore
Deltamani:
Again the Midfield is the most balanced position right now, the quality is dope but it seems you’re underestimating Regina Otu, maybe i should say Forgive her for her poor run in WAFCON but she’s better than that… Okobi isn’t just there though 😂😂
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2023
Rofiat is a young talent and she will need the game time
Deltamani:

Again how can you be excited for Rofiat Imuran who hasn’t played any game since after the Friendly game against USA? She doesn’t even make her club match day list, she’s in same boat with Onome Ebi and Glory Ogbonna right now..

Onyi Zogg is a better option as she has been regular and more versatile( can play any of the positions in defense)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
what has ihezuo been doing? what am i missing about her ?
Deltamani:
Ihezuo and Roosa Ariyo should be there cause both are in good form can’t drop any of the two for now, maybe after their performance prior to the World Cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
isan:
My views on revelations' cup squad

Goalkeepers:
Chiamaka Nnadozie - Excited
Yewande balogun. - Embarrassing

Defenders:
Onome Ebi Embarrassing
Osinachi Ohale Excited
Ashleigh Plumptre Excited
Glory Ogbonna Not the best
Rofiat Imuran Excited
Michelle Alozie Not a defender
Oluwatosin Demehin Excited
Akudo Ogbonna - Just there

Mieldfielders

Halimatu Ayinde Excited
christy ucheibe Excited
Ngozi Okobi-Okeoghene just there
Rasheedat Ajibade Excited
Toni Payne Excited
Jennifer Echegini excellent
Regina Otu lack quality

Forwards:
Asisat Oshoala Excited
Esther Okoronkwo just coming back
Ifeoma Onumonu Excited
chiwendu ihezuo Should be Roosa
Fransisca ordega past her best
Uchenna Kanu Excited

Why is Yewande Balogun's invitation embarrasing? I hope you're aware she was Randy's second choice at the third place game in AFCON? Had it not been that the match went south, she would've played part.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:17pm On Jan 27, 2023
randy is known to make horrible decisions
JohnBullMySon:

Why is Yewande Balogun's invitation embarrasing? I hope you're aware she was Randy's second choice at the third place game in AFCON? Had it not been that the match went south, she would've played part.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
isan:
Just saying that there are no valid grounds for you to term her invitation embarrassing at the very least.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
she lacked match fitness, like she's rusty and old , she has no business in super falcons
JohnBullMySon:
Just saying that there are no valid grounds for you to term her invitation embarrassing at the very least.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:52am On Jan 28, 2023
isan:
she lacked match fitness, like she's rusty and old , she has no business in super falcons

And you reached this conclusions how?

Only coaches and match trainers are in a position to make this assessment. We largely rely on information available to the public space and this isn't.

I'll agree with you if you said her lack of game time, but not fitness or age. Yewande is 32.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:56am On Jan 28, 2023
isan:

For your info here in the NWFL you have no better option, Christy Ohaeriaku, Onyi Okeke are not even regular for their Club too, Okeke is currently second choice to Cameroonian first choice goalkeeper Bawuo at Bayelsa Queen. No goalkeeper in our league can match Nnadozie or even give at least 60% of the confidence Nnadozie brings to that position..If you watch the NWFL matches you would know better..

Yewande is 33yrs but she has wealth of experience, even though she plays just the Cup game’s and have only played 1 league games this season.. She’s pretty a better option compared to the ones you’re clamoring for..

She’s very fit and much more exposed than the rest, just that she’s lacking regular game time..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2023
isan:

Especially the first game of every tournament or friendly games… This man selection is wack, I wonder why he always repeat such mistakes..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:12am On Jan 28, 2023
Isan my question again is how is Regina Otu Lacking quality? Do you think we have better options? She’s one of Superfalcon best Defensive Midfielder right from 2018 till date... maybe you hardly get to see her game’s. By the way when last did you see her games this season?

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:45am On Jan 28, 2023
19yrs old PSG Youth player Nina Soufiya Ngeuleu handed a call up to the Cameroon Squad for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Playoffs..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:57am On Jan 28, 2023
Deltamani:

For your info here in the NWFL you have no better option, Christy Ohaeriaku, Onyi Okeke are not even regular for their Club too, Okeke is currently second choice to Cameroonian first choice goalkeeper Bawuo at Bayelsa Queen. No goalkeeper in our league can match Nnadozie or even give at least 60% of the confidence Nnadozie brings to that position..If you watch the NWFL matches you would know better..

Yewande is 33yrs but she has wealth of experience, even though she plays just the Cup game’s and have only played 1 league games this season.. She’s pretty a better option compared to the ones you’re clamoring for..

She’s very fit and much more exposed than the rest, just that she’s lacking regular game time..

Christy is the starting goalkeeper for Edo Queens.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Christy is the starting goalkeeper for Edo Queens.

Not Christy… U20 3rd choice goalkeeper Nkiruka Obidinma is Edo Queens first choice for long sef before the U20 World Cup last year till date.

Edo queens usually post line up and stream their games live..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:39pm On Jan 28, 2023
it's a common knowledge in football when a player isn't playing regularly they lose match fitness no matter how hard they train and she's almost 34
lovewins:

And you reached this conclusions how?

Only coaches and match trainers are in a position to make this assessment. We largely rely on information available to the public space and this isn't.

I'll agree with you if you said her lack of game time, but not fitness or age. Yewande is 32.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
Deltamani:

Not Christy… U20 3rd choice goalkeeper Nkiruka Obidinma is Edo Queens first choice for long sef before the U20 World Cup last year till date.

Edo queens usually post line up and stream their games live..

I mixed the two up.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
isan:
it's a common knowledge in football when a player isn't playing regularly they lose match fitness no matter how hard they train and she's almost 34

That's isn't common knowledge, that's conjecture. Fitness has more to do with a player's daily training routine. Every team usually has a first choice goalkeeper, it doesn't then translate that the second choice isn't fit cause of lack of game time. One is just preferred over the other. Match fitness is determined in training, no where else.

Henderson for instance, was second choice goalkeeper in Manchester United, he probably only featured for cup games like Yewande. He took a loan move to Nottingham forest this season and has been fantastic. He was always ready and fit to play, one was just preferred over him.

Also, she's 33 not almost 34. She became 33 in September so shes closer to 33 than she is to 34.

Mind you I a not even holding brief for Yewande. Just that I won't judge her until I see her play.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2023
I've seen enough at AWCON she is jittery on the ball
Deltamani:
Isan my question again is how is Regina Otu Lacking quality? Do you think we have better options? She’s one of Superfalcon best Defensive Midfielder right from 2018 till date... maybe you hardly get to see her game’s. By the way when last did you see her games this season?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2023
wealth of experience from warming the bench ? how many games has she played in the last 2 years ?
Deltamani:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2023
isan:
wealth of experience from warming the bench ? how many games has she played in the last 2 years ?

Haba, So you weren’t following her game up while she was at Coppermine United in the US?

Abeg no need for long talk, maybe you can pick out any home based goalie that is good enough to be in the team..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2023
isan:
I've seen enough at AWCON she is jittery on the ball

Regina Otu isn’t Jittery, She’s arguably the like for like of Christy Ucheibe
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2023
One goal for Roosa Ariyo today

Ariyo subbed in 73rd minute scored in 84 in Brügge 6-1 win

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2023
IFFHS WOMEN'S STRONGEST NATIONAL LEAGUE IN THE WORLD 2022

For the first time in 2022, IFFHS determine the strongest women’s national league in the world football with the same rules as the Men's strongest leagues.The winner of this award is Liga F (Spain), according the IFFHS women’s league ranking.
The 2nd place is taken by Women's Super League (England), the 3rd by Division 1 Féminine (France).
The strongest leagues of 2022 in all confederations:
UEFA - Liga F (Spain),
CONMEBOL - Série A1 Feminina (Brazil),
CONCACAF - Liga MX Femenil (Mexico),
CAF - WK League (South Korea),
AFC - SAFA Women's League (South Africa),
OFC - Women's National League (New Zealand).

Women's League World Ranking 2022 by IFFHS
Top 10 (Jan 1, 2022 - Dec 31, 2022)

League Confederation Pts
1 Spain UEFA 1153
2 England UEFA 955
3 France UEFA 954
4 Germany UEFA 913
5 Italy UEFA 796
6 Brazil CONMEBOL 626
7 Mexico CONCACAF 474
8 Sweden UEFA 440
9 Colombia CONMEBOL 427
10 USA CONCACAF 371

For more information, visit the website:
https://iffhs.com/posts/2503

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
11 Barça 🔴🔵

Paños

Bronze Paredes Mapi Rolfö

Aitana Patri Pina

Crnogorčević Oshoala Mariona

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2023
PATRICIA GEORGE

First, I would like to thank Fenerbahce for the opportunity!About a month ago we came to an agreement to part ways and allow me to do my rehab at home.
With that being said I would like to let everyone know that I’ve decided to hang my soccer cleats up for at least this year and take a full break from playing soccer! It’s not a decision I made lightly but a decision that I know is right for me and my spirit. I Haven’t fully decided if I will try to make a comeback next year. But Right now I’m following my heart. And my heart is telling me to step away. Soccer has always been my identity so now I’m soul searching and finding myself outside of the game. Thank you everyone for all the support, Ive always appreciated all the love and positivity you guys send my way.😌

Make sure to still stay tuned cause this is a new beginning and a start to a new me…..!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
|LINE-UP| Our XI against FC Barcelona Femení

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
Oshoala is a menace grin

2 goals already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:24pm On Jan 29, 2023
Now caught up with Esther Gonzalez. Chasing down Alba Redondo who's on 15 goals. Omo... let's go Superzee!!! 🔥🔥😎

BascoVanVeli:
Oshoala is a menace grin

2 goals already

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
28 minutes Hattrick for Oshoala

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.