Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794771 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:00am On Feb 16, 2023
AkinDS:
Poor clearance by Chiamaka leads to Mexican goal.
Very poor play on her part.

Yea

She was responsible for that goal.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:01am On Feb 16, 2023
waldrum mess the game up with his stupid selection, he keep doing it again and again
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:01am On Feb 16, 2023
Absolutely no excuse losing to this Mexican team. None!
Extremely poor performance all around.

If Randy does not win the next two games, then its open season on him remaining as coach. This was a very painful performance to watch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 1:02am On Feb 16, 2023
Another night of lamentations grin grin

Back to my business jare. Peace out.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:02am On Feb 16, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Ajibade geh mind play two nonsense freekicks inside one match grin

If Oparanozie da game, Ajibade won’t even move an inch close to those free kicks, Na Oparanozie food be that…

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:02am On Feb 16, 2023
not when she wearing the captain band
BascoVanVeli:
Rasheedat Ajibade needs to keep things simple. She doesn't do this much at Atletico
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:03am On Feb 16, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Ajibade geh mind play two nonsense freekicks inside one match grin

I won't blame her. I'll blame whoever designated that responsibility to her.

We've said here several times that even in her primary role as a winger, she is terrible at crossing the ball. Why take the set pieces?

Ashleigh would have been a better alternative.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:03am On Feb 16, 2023
Anyway Randy Waldrum is still the best Coach for the Superfalcon…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 1:04am On Feb 16, 2023
Deltamani:

If Oparanozie da game, Ajibade won’t even move an inch close to those free kicks, Na Oparanozie food be that…
.. Atleast, she should let Ashley play one... Very awful match... To all the people in glass house supporting Waldrum,... Infact let me just shut up.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:04am On Feb 16, 2023
The only positive for me is Onyi Echegini. She probably created the most chances for Nigeria in her short time on the pitch.

She's the only thing I'm grateful to Randy for as coach of the super falcons

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:06am On Feb 16, 2023
Kanu really messed up with that her stupid heavy touch
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:08am On Feb 16, 2023
lovewins:
The only positive for me is Onyi Echegini. She probably created the most chances for Nigeria in her short time on the pitch.

Onyi Echegini is a star, future Superfalcon AM.. The few passes she gave is something to take home.

Again Demehin isn’t even hyped enough, that Girl don improve well, well, Onome Should please retire immediately after the World Cup make Demehin Collect that No.5 jersey… The girl is Good. Thank goodness she’s just 20..

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:10am On Feb 16, 2023
isan:
Kanu really messed up with that her stupid heavy touch

I swear, I wish she even made a pass to Onumonu sef…

By the way Onumonu isn’t feed sef, how will she score? Anyway Asisat Oshoala should just enjoy her Stay in Barcelona this international window..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:10am On Feb 16, 2023
Deltamani:

Onyi Echegini is a star, future Superfalcon AM.. The few passes she gave is something to take home.

Again Demehin isn’t even hyped enough, that Girl don improve well, well, Onome Should please retire immediately after the World Cup make Demehin Collect that No.5 jersey… The girl is Good. Thank goodness she’s just 20..

Demehin did well even though I think she'll have excelled better I'm her primary role instead of playing in a back 3.

Onyi gives one reason to hope. Like I inferred a while back, she just needs more game time and built confidence and she's good.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:13am On Feb 16, 2023
It's interesting to note that the Falcons haven't won any game since WAFCON.

We continue to retrogress under Waldrum and he somehow gets to keep his job.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:15am On Feb 16, 2023
Always trying to do extra when it was totally unnecessary.
One of the absolute worst players on the pitch today. Disappointed in her play.
This was a very beatable Mexican team and they completely blew it.
BascoVanVeli:
Rasheedat Ajibade needs to keep things simple. She doesn't do this much at Atletico

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:16am On Feb 16, 2023
Onyi's performance is the only positive I can take from this game... That girl is talented! She changed the tempo of the game...

That chance Kanu missed was painful...

If we play like this at the world cup, forget it... We will be humiliated..

The super falcons keep regressing by the day!..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:19am On Feb 16, 2023
I think is high time i drop Randy Waldrum WhatsApp number here so that you guys can pour out your mind to him directly. That man is useless. I cut ties with him immediately the Falcons Finnised 4th at the WAFCON..

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:25am On Feb 16, 2023
AkinDS:
Always trying to do extra when it was totally unnecessary.
One of the absolute worst players on the pitch today. Disappointed in her play.
This was a very beatable Mexican team and they completely blew it.

Ajibade has regressed lately. You only need to watch a few of her games on Madrid to know this. She's hasn't started the last couple of games and sometimes doesn't even feature at all.

Playing her at all, and then playing her on the middle was already a bad idea. If there was one person whose poor performance didn't suprise me at all it was her. If I knew this then the coach should, na there we dey now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:29am On Feb 16, 2023
lovewins:

Ajibade has regressed lately. You only need to watch a few of her games on Madrid to know this. She's hasn't started the last couple of games and sometimes doesn't even feature at all.

Playing her at all, and then playing her on the middle was already a bad idea. If there was one person whose poor performance didn't suprise me at all it was her. If I knew this then the coach should, na there we dey now.
But wait must Randy mess things up with is Selections? Imagine the number of available players he still chooses that starting 11, not only that played them out of positions…
Bringing in and taking out Ogbonna😂😂😂😂
Randy da smoke Loud💨

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:38am On Feb 16, 2023
Deltamani:

But wait must Randy mess things up with is Selections? Imagine the number of available players he still chooses that starting 11, not only that played them out of positions…
Bringing in and taking out Ogbonna😂😂😂😂
Randy da smoke Loud💨

If I were to advice the NFF, this will be my suggestions:

1. Fire Randy Waldrum

2. Fire Randy Waldrum immediately

3. Hire a new coach (Preferably indigenous coach).

4. Do not expect anything from the world cup (No one is expecting anything as it is right now anyways). The new coach should use the world cup as preparation for next year's Olympic games.

5. Start preparing for the Olympics.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 2:39am On Feb 16, 2023
lovewins:

If I were to advice the NFF, this will be my suggestions:

1. Fire Randy Waldrum

2. Fire Randy Waldrum immediately

3. Hire a new coach (Preferably indigenous coach).

4. Do not expect anything from the world cup (No one is expecting anything as it is right now anyways). The new coach should use the world cup as preparation for next year's Olympic games.

5. Start preparing for the Olympics.

He should have been fired right after the AFCON..
Why some people still support the man to continue coaching the team is beyond me... He keep dragging us backwards... We can't comfortably win games in Africa anymore.. and the non African teams that aren't better than us, we can't beat them either...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 3:43am On Feb 16, 2023
timay1:

Or Get pregnant. It's getting common this days, especially with new FIFA rules that mandates the clubs to pay the players their full wages in the period of their pregnancy.

Watch out for this space. There will be a lot of rise in cases of pregnancies in few years to come.
Lol, look at how you sound so sure like you doing sth grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 3:45am On Feb 16, 2023
lovewins:

Trust me. He won't be keeping it once he loses another game in this tourney.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:28am On Feb 16, 2023
Randy Waldrum's post match reaction:

"It's a learning process for us".

My guy is always learning. Same stereotypical response.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:28am On Feb 16, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Trust me. He won't be keeping it once he loses another game in this tourney.

When it comes to Waldrum, absolutely nothing surprises me. Nothing.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daninya33: 6:39am On Feb 16, 2023

So this calamity of a coach still coaches our Super Falcons,It is finished.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:51am On Feb 16, 2023
Last 6 games

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2023
lovewins:
Last 6 games
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

All Randy
Randy Orton sef bites better than this if he come coach these girls. Rubbish set up. Rubbush coaching crew. Rubbish formation and tactics. Mediocre mindset for the World Cup that happens once in 4yrs.

Nobody should quote me and give excuse that it's just a friendly. 😤😡

If oshoala was here too, na nonsense go end am. This kan should go back to his home abeg. Y'all repping and shifting goalpost for him are dishonest, sincerely. If twas a local coach, the head will be on a platter by now.

Man doesn't even know how to mix his best legs, or utilize them properly.

As for Ajibade, if i was part of that crew, I'll focus on helping her get lethal with freekicks. Then add two others(a defender, a midfielder) so that it becomes an advantage at the WWC. We are so poor for a mundial based team on that front.

What a sorry moment to be a Super Falcons fan.

@deltamani, seen Blessing Nkor yet?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2023
daveP:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

All Randy
Randy Orton sef bites better than this if he come coach these girls. Rubbish set up. Rubbush coaching crew. Rubbish formation and tactics. Mediocre mindset for the World Cup that happens once in 4yrs.

Nobody should quote me and give excuse that it's just a friendly. 😤😡

If oshoala was here too, na nonsense go end am. This kan should go back to his home abeg. Y'all repping and shifting goalpost for him are dishonest, sincerely. If twas a local coach, the head will be on a platter by now.

Man doesn't even know how to mix his best legs, or utilize them properly.

As for Ajibade, if i was part of that crew, I'll focus on helping her get lethal with freekicks. Then add two others(a defender, a midfielder) so that it becomes an advantage at the WWC. We are so poor for a mundial based team on that front.

What a sorry moment to be a Super Falcons fan.

@deltamani, seen Blessing Nkor yet?

To see a team that's so loved by all and sundry bring so much pain and being such a sorry sight to watch is just sad.

These girls, who are individually some of the finest we've had in a long time can't keep the ball,l. They can hold possession for 30 seconds. How exactly did we allow it to get this bad.

Some people will come and make BS excuse that "others teams are growing too". Such a disgusting thing to say. Waldrum has dragged this team back a decade.

At this point, I don't really care if they get a new coach few weeks to the world cup. Not like we are heading anywhere with Waldrum anyway. I'll rather we start the building process now than wait for a shambolic display at the World Cup, fire Waldrum then start all over again.

I had said I would stop, but I am beginning the crusade again.

Randy Waldrum must go

Do not even care if the girls win the next 2 games. He must go.

If someone has consistently shown you who they are, believe them

How can you consistently have a terrible first game everytime? How?

Against USA, we blamed fatigue

Against Canada same fatigue

Against South Africa, we excused him somehow.

Japan same Fatigue

Now that the whole team arrived much early is it still fatigue.

And he consistently messes up the team list each time.

Almost certain many of those who started yesterday won't start the next game.

Just tiring

But I won't get tired of calling for his sack.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2023
lovewins:
Randy Waldrum's post match reaction:

"It's a learning process for us".

My guy is always learning. Same stereotypical response.
let them keep learning
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:13am On Feb 16, 2023
Revelation Cup 2023:
It was an impressive & Spirited play by Upcoming star & determined Captain of the U20 team Tosin Demehin Oluwatosin Blessing and Jennifer Onyi Echegini

Still a learning curve for the technical crew as Coach Randy is test running players in different positions to nick a Winning first eleven ahead of the world cup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.