Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (807120 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CornOak(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2023
lovewins:
Last 6 games

Rohr no do reach this one before he was removed. cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:17am On Feb 16, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joxxy01(m): 11:57am On Feb 16, 2023
Please what happened to oshoala? Does that girl have sense at all? Why does she feel too important to join the other girls..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
joxxy01:
Please what happened to oshoala? Does that girl have sense at all? Why does she feel too important to joing the other girls..

Let's be circumspect till we know more. Even if the case was that she refused to show, we should throw insults at her

She's served her nation

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
AkinDS:
Always trying to do extra when it was totally unnecessary.
One of the absolute worst players on the pitch today. Disappointed in her play.
This was a very beatable Mexican team and they completely blew it.

This happens almost every time she is put in the midfield. U are definitely right Mexico was there for the taking.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
shut up
joxxy01:
Please what happened to oshoala? Does that girl have sense at all? Why does she feel too important to join the other girls..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
Terrible performance for the ladies

A match they are supposed to win for a very poor Mexican side
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
she is the only player that tried to keep the ball and look for a forward pass
BascoVanVeli:

This happens almost every time she is put in the midfield. U are definitely right Mexico was there for the taking.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
You beat me to it, as I was about to use much harsher language responding to that random and thoughtless guy...
isan:
shut up
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2023
Don't think its just the midfield...
She does that on the wings also - always taking the unnecessary extra few touches or dribbles, instead of making a simple pass.
BascoVanVeli:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
Super Falcons Friendly

FT Mexico 1- 0 Nigeria

My question is simple and Is directed to NFF and Waldrum our US part time and college based coach 🤔

- Is NFF interfering in players invitation?

- Why the deliberate and repeated exclusion of Desire Oparanozie in the squad?

- Is Waldrum under instruction to over look Desire Oparanozie?

-What does ifeoma Onumonu bring to the falcons?

- On what basis is Onome Ebi inclusion in the squad when she is currently without a team but A Desire Oparanozie who is playing week in week out is deliberately IGNORED.

We need an explanation urgently please NFF and Waldrum. 🤔

Waldrum should tell us how he came about his selection if truly there was no interference from NFF or Any party 🤔

This is national team and merit should be the reason for selection.

This is ALARMING I dont know the rationale behind this unprofessional approach.

✍ David Doherty
Football Administrator

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2023
enomakos:
let them keep learning
Swears bro, Super Falcons 🦅 that were Nigerian joy givers whenever Super Eagles 🦅 bleeps up are now a team that other teams, even African teams are now using to warm-up 🤦🏾‍♂️

It's really sad to be honest, this clueless bleached man coaching us can't take us anywhere! He's always on the learning process! How can we go to the World Cup like this 😩?

NFF should do something please, I always feel like crying anytime this Super Falcons team loses again and again, it's not right at all... Only our goalkeeper is our hope, otherwise we for dey collect anyhow. We just have a lot of talents wasting under this Randy Worworldrum 😭

Meanwhile, see wetin this werey dey talk for Twitter 👇🏾

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
BankyGee:

Swears bro, Super Falcons 🦅 that were Nigerian joy givers whenever Super Eagles 🦅 bleeps up are now a team that other teams, even African teams are now using to warm-up 🤦🏾‍♂️

It's really sad to be honest, this clueless bleached man coaching us can't take us anywhere! He's always on the learning process! How can we go to the World Cup like this 😩?

NFF should do something please, I always feel like crying anytime this Super Falcons team loses again and again, it's not right at all... Only our goalkeeper is our hope, otherwise we for dey collect anyhow. We just have a lot of talents wasting under this Randy Worworldrum 😭

bro that werey know nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
AkinDS:
Don't think its just the midfield...
She does that on the wings also - always taking the unnecessary extra few touches or dribbles, instead of making a simple pass.

No I actually like her way better on the wings. She is more effective there.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joxxy01(m): 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
isan:
shut up
Shut down
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
BankyGee:

Lets keep it real, we left it late because some people were too busy scapegoating certain players. Now it will be very hard for a coach to come in and stamp his style of play on the team.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

No I actually like her way better on the wings. She is more effective there.

But I thought they all said that Ajibade is better than Okobi in the Midfield..?

Those Free kicks just da annoy me, I wonder why Osinachi Ohale isn’t even wearing the Captain Band.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Lets keep it real, we left it late because some people were too busy scapegoating certain players. Now it will be very hard for a coach to come in and stamp his style of play on the team.

Anyway the main problem now is how will NFF be able to pay off Randy if they let him go now.. They’re trying to avoid the money issues that came up with Rohr..

Ahbi to pay Randy off pass $1,000,000? We don’t even know what’s on the contract paper sef..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
To me Local Edwin Okon is even better than Randy Waldrum…

And Florence Omagbemi, Mercy Akide Udoh are way technical and tactically sound than this so called Randy… Their experience playing for Nigeria will definitely aid them a lot..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
I remember some people were giving excuses for Randy when he failed woefully at the WAFCON that he doesn’t know how to play African teams, now he’s playing against American teams he’s doing worser sef.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
Deltamani:

But I thought they all said that Ajibade is better than Okobi in the Midfield..?

Those Free kicks just da annoy me, I wonder why Osinachi Ohale isn’t even wearing the Captain Band.

Ajibade has never been a midfielder, and the sad truth is that the inconsistencies of the position she plays is negatively affecting her.

In Nigeria she meanders between the wing and the midfield, in Athletico she has been played out of position consistently as a top 9 this season hence her retrogression. When a player is almost always been moved about, how exactly does she grow?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

My opinion still remains it's a decision we need to take now. Almost no one expect anything from the World Cup. Almost everyone expect that we'll be kicked out during the group stage with Randy.

If that's the case, why not just get a new coach with the future in mind without an expectation of success for that world cup? Let them fumble there (we are already expecting them to), but let the rebuilding process begin in earnest.

If all the new coach is able to achieve is get the team to play together I'm fine.

Blame Eguavon all you can, but the Super Eagles team that played at AFCON was the best we had seen in 2 years. The teams that struggled to string 5 passes together under The were suddenly playing together. Eguavon had his deficiencies technically, but everyone was sure happy to watch the Super Eagles again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
do4luv14:

Pls is it a free VPN like Stark
Yes, its free
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
Please, don't bring that dullard Eguavoen into this conversation. Of what use is entertaining football and making every one 'happy', when the end result is a big fat failure? No county gets any medals for playing entertaining football.
Worst performance in an AFCON in 40 years and even worse, missing out on qualifying for a world cup, which should have been a slam dunk?
We were the only country of the 5 seeded teams not to make it to the World Cup.
Rohr put him at the door step of performing at the AFCON and qualifying for the World Cup. But Eguavoen had to find a way to bungle both.
That guy was beyond useless!
lovewins:

Blame Eguavon all you can, but the Super Eagles team that played at AFCON was the best we had seen in 2 years. The teams that struggled to string 5 passes together under The were suddenly playing together. Eguavon had his deficiencies technically, but everyone was sure happy to watch the Super Eagles again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
AkinDS:
Please, don't bring that dullard Eguavoen into this conversation. Of what use is entertaining football and making every one 'happy', when the end result is a big fat failure? No county gets any medals for playing entertaining football.
Worst performance in an AFCON in 40 years and even worse, missing out on qualifying for a world cup, which should have been a slam dunk?
We were the only country of the 5 seeded teams not to make it to the World Cup.
Rohr put him at the door step of performing at the AFCON and qualifying for the World Cup. But Eguavoen had to find a way to bungle both.
That guy was beyond useless!

What all you have just said I only want to say that Randy Waldrum doesn’t bring any one to the Table…
Rubbish play but wining…. NO
Good play but winning…. NO

The Ladies qualifying for the 2023 FIFA Women World Cup was based on their own talent, nothing like Randy input there…

No Wonder Okobi was bold enough to speak up that Randy has impacted nothing on the team but individual brilliance…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2023
Anyway the only positive thing from yesterday game was Blessing Demehin and Onyi Echegini…

It’s very clear now that Blessing Demehin have improved a lot and there’s no need for Onome Ebi, Ohale can provide that Experience.. Let her go please.. 20yrs playing for Nigeria she don try, we appreciate.! Just that she’s looking for that record of being the first African Man or Woman to play in 6 different World Cup..

Onyi Echegini also proved that she’s one of the Youngies that has come to stay, The Coach needs to give this girl more playing time maybe 45 to 30 minutes each game before the World Cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
dkay51:
Yes, its free

Pls How can I get it, does it work with Nigeria networks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:15am On Feb 17, 2023
SheBelieves Cup
Mallory Swanson's first-half brace propels USA past bitter rivals Canada as Alex Morgan (with the assist on Swanson's first goal) is honoured for reaching her 200th cap in November.

🫶 Morgan's boots made to mark her 200th appearance had her daughter's name Charlie engraved. You love to see it.

📺 Enjoy highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NzWWdYoru4

🇺🇸USA 2-0 CANADA🇨🇦
⚽1 - 0 07' M. Swanson (🅰️ A. Morgan)
⚽2 - 0 34' M. Swanson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2023

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2023
Not 30 or 45 minutes, she deserved 90 minutes every match
Deltamani:
Anyway the only positive thing from yesterday game was Blessing Demehin and Onyi Echegini…

It’s very clear now that Blessing Demehin have improved a lot and there’s no need for Onome Ebi, Ohale can provide that Experience.. Let her go please.. 20yrs playing for Nigeria she don try, we appreciate.! Just that she’s looking for that record of being the first African Man or Woman to play in 6 different World Cup..

Onyi Echegini also proved that she’s one of the Youngies that has come to stay, The Coach needs to give this girl more playing time maybe 45 to 30 minutes each game before the World Cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:22am On Feb 17, 2023
isan:
Not 30 or 45 minutes, she deserved 90 minutes every match

I’m just saying at least, cause sometime this man doesn’t even play her at all. Give this young girls that time and she would grow into that position..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2023
The only thing we are served right since Waldrum took over is the photo ops

The dinner pics and tables settings
Their so called warm ups
The walks around town
The team shoot before kickoff

Anything else is a disaster!!!

That shows us that the players aren't the problem. That man wey dey use team do Training and Siwes.

Personally, i have this faint feeling Zee absence has something to do with either the coach or like the Desire situo, with bigwigs in nff.

At this rate, Zambia will have a better wC than us. No momentum ignited on this team

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.