Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804891 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Deltamani:

How you expect to see them play more when e be say na yeye Coach you get…

Anyway, the World Cup is near, they should possibly make the Provisional Squad.
Hope so, and I also hope God uses Randy at the World Cup if he can't use his brains 🙏🏾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Deltamani:
Hmm
The amount of lockeroom drama already is enough for a reality show.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2023
» 3 NEWCOMERS SCORE IN RACING’S PRESEASON FINALE WIN

Portland, Oregon – Three newcomers scored goals for Racing Louisville in a 3-1 win over the U.S. Women’s National Team Under-23s on Saturday night, giving Racing two wins in three matches at the Portland Thorns preseason tournament this week at Providence Park.

Finnish defender Elli Pikkujämsä, filling in at defensive midfielder, put Racing ahead in the 14th minute with a well-timed run and back-post header. The U-23s tied the game in the 24th minute against the run of play, but newly-arrived forward Uchenna Kanu’s goal in the 35th minute proved to be the game-winner.

Brazilian midfielder Ary Borges headed in an insurance goal just before halftime, nodding in a 28-yard cross from Wang Shuang just before U.S. goalkeeper Neeku Purcell could get to the ball.

The win marked the completion of a nine-week preseason, with Racing now turning its focus to the 2023 regular season and the UKG NWSL Challenge Cup.

Louisville opens the campaign on the road next Sunday, taking on the Houston Dash at 7 p.m. ET. The home opener is set for 3 p.m. Saturday, April 1, against the Washington Spirit.

Racing Louisville (4-3-3): 31 – Kelsey Daugherty (46’ 24 – Jordyn Bloomer); 16 – Carson Pickett (76’ 23 – Trinity Watson), 20 – Abby Erceg (c) (66’ 44 – Satara Murray), 25 – Rebecca Holloway, 2 – Lauren Milliet; 4 – Elli Pikkujämsä (46’ 5 – Paige Monaghan), 7 – Savannah DeMelo (66’ 9 – Kayla Fischer), 8 – Ary Borges (46’ 3 – Zaneta Wyne); 14 – Jess McDonald (66’ 21 – Parker Goins), 29 – Uchenna Kanu (46’ 22 – Kirsten Davis), 77 – Wang Shuang (82’ 27 – Alex Chidiac)

U.S. WNT U23s (4-3-3): 12 – Neeku Purcell; 7 – Ellie Wheeler, 8 – Lauren Flynn, 10 – Eva Gaetino, 19 – Ayo Oke (c); 16 – Lexi Missimo, 17 – Sarah Weber, 22 – Annie Karich; 2 – Avery Patterson, 3 – Reilyn Turner, 15 – Payton Linnehan

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2023
Deltamani:

So them Onyinyechi Zogg and Roosa Ariyo nor Oyibo reach??
zogg and ariyo na half oyinbo half African,look at their face very well, this newly one na complete oyinbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:38am On Mar 19, 2023
Keep an eye on Current U23 Right Back Ayo Oke still in College though but have played U20 for the US and now with the U23

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2023
Ayooluwa Naomi Oke (5 April 2003, 19yrs)
Defender
160 cm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2023
🔎𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘠𝘌𝘙 𝘔𝘖𝘕𝘐𝘛𝘖𝘙𝘐𝘕𝘎🔎

🗣️: #BlackQueens🇬🇭 Coach, Nora Häuptle met with Victoria A. Antwi, Regina Antwi, Gifty Assifuah, Queenabel Amankwah and @SoniaOpoku8 in Antalya, Turkey .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
Battle of the Turkey Women League Giants🇹🇷

Vivian Ikechukwu and Glory Ogbonna in Action
1pm NIG time

https://www.youtube.com/live/NyVLpcXRjHs?feature=share

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Women's International Friendly

Alanya 🇹🇷 Turkey

Apr 7
New Zealand 🇳🇿 v Iceland 🇮🇸

Apr 11
New Zealand 🇳🇿 v Nigeria 🇳🇬

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
Imagine the number of Friendly games Randy has gotten still yet no encouraging results….

Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs Haiti 🇭🇹 7/04/2023
Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs New Zealand 🇳🇿 11/04/2023

After this April window the next is the Preparation for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Proper… June till World Cup in July

I just hope this New Zealand that have been donating 3 point to everyone since doesn’t pick up with the Falcons cause of this unintelligent Randy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2023
Anam Imo’s effort not enough as Pitea bow out of Svenska Women’s Cupen

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by gatecrash123: 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Deltamani:
Women's International Friendly

Alanya 🇹🇷 Turkey

Apr 7
New Zealand 🇳🇿 v Iceland 🇮🇸

Apr 11
New Zealand 🇳🇿 v Nigeria 🇳🇬
I strongly recommend a redesign of our crest. It looks old. Maybe a design with just the eagle and the ball is OK by me
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2023
Joy Jerry Arrive China for medical

Former Bayelsa Queens Captain and Falconets forward, Joy Jerry arrive China, she will be undergoing medical to join Changchun Women Football Club in China.

More details soon...

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
NFF: A breeding ground for faceless monsters

Anybody who dares stand up to Nigeria Football Federation to demand for his/her rights becomes an enemy

Florence Omagbemi was sacked as Super Falcons coach for supporting the player's demand for their unpaid bonuses

Desire Oparanozie is out of the team because she demanded for better condition

Ikechukwu Ezenwa was dropped because he demanded for his match bonuses while John Noble also got dumped for similar offence

Latest being Finidi George and Ike Shorunmu have also been replaced because they demanded a contract from NFF as Super Eagles assistant coaches coaches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
Could it be they simply aren't good enough for the team?
In your eyes, it must be the coach's fault.
Deltamani:

How you expect to see them play more when e be say na yeye Coach you get…

Anyway, the World Cup is near, they should possibly make the Provisional Squad.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
AkinDS:

Don’t think so, the Ladies haven’t been given that much time to play for the team talk more of being good enough…

I remember when a friend of mine who’s a top journalist here in 9ja asked me about Echegini, that why is Randy inviting her instead of Some other players… But after the Revelation Cup game in Mexico 🇲🇽 he was like Echegini is bomb even as a Collegiate…

My own is that Zogg and Roosa especially hasn’t been given much time…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
AkinDS:

Everyone knows that Randy Waldrum isn’t good enough for the Falcons and he’s the worst Coach ever to handle the Falcons..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
AkinDS:

For Zogg I wouldn't unnecessarily criticise Waldrum. She's had injury issues and have also barely featured for her club this season. Roosa Ariyo however is different. Only Asisat has scored more fails than she has this season. She's also a better finisher than Asisat in my opinion. I feel like she needs to be given time to prove herself as we have a goal scoring problem.

So I agree in part with Deltamani that they probably need to be given time to prove themselves or otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
lovewins:

For Zogg I wouldn't unnecessarily criticise Waldrum. She's had injury issues and have also barely featured for her club this season. Roosa Ariyo however is different. Only Asisat has scored more fails than she has this season. She's also a better finisher than Asisat in my opinion. I feel like she needs to be given time to prove herself as we have a goal scoring problem.

So I agree in part with Deltamani that they probably need to be given time to prove themselves or otherwise.

With what have seen Roosa play she’s a better than finisher, her decision in front of goal is quite better than some of the No.9 have seen in the Falcons team of recent.. The Belgium 🇧🇪 league is also good enough far better than the Belarusian, Turkish and Polish side… Hand to Hand the Belgium league should be there among the Finland, Swiss, Austria, Russia ,Scotland and Czech Republic leagues.. This girls need playing time too, we already know Onumonu capabilities, why not rest her a little and give Roosa Ariyo, Macleans some game time to see what they have to offer..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
Deltamani:

The Belgium 🇧🇪 league is also good enough far better than the Belarusian, Turkish and Polish side… Hand to Hand the Belgium league should be there among the Finland, Swiss, Austria, Russia ,Scotland and Czech Republic leagues.. This girls need playing time too, we already know Onumonu capabilities, why not rest her a little and give Roosa Ariyo, Macleans some game time to see what they have to offer..

I personally tilt towards allowing a coach call a player of his choosing for the most part. While I am an advocate for using our best hands, I also think coaches should be allowed the liberty to chose whoever they think best cause they primarily bear the responsibility.

Randy is just like Gernot Rohr who would rather leverage on experienced players. See how long it took him to start Onyi. I won't even be surprised if Onyi doesn't start at the world cup. The only reason why I am advocating for Roosa to be given time is cause we have a goal scoring problem. We've scored just 3 goals in our last 8 games. We need a better finisher and Roosa offers that option
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2023
Based on the match and training sessions I saw of Ariyo during the Summer series, she wasn't really up to scratch. She appeared slow and unable to properly grasp the style of play and how she fit into that. Compared to the newcomers, especially Okoronkwo, she was a few paces off track. She has also struggled with the teams she has been on, from Tenerife (injury) to Betis (where she was loaned out to a div 2 team) and then Club Brugge YLA, where she comes off the bench. I don't see her being better than any of the strikers Randy has invited so far.

Zogg has been given ample opportunity to impress. She was at the Summer series and also the camp in Turkey. She has had her struggles with injury and is slowly working her way back. Even now, she has largely been on the bench and has very few minutes of playing time.
Again, I don't see her being better than any of our top 25 players.

So, Randy is absolutely right in looking elsewhere for now.
Deltamani:

Don’t think so, the Ladies haven’t been given that much time to play for the team talk more of being good enough…

I remember when a friend of mine who’s a top journalist here in 9ja asked me about Echegini, that why is Randy inviting her instead of Some other players… But after the Revelation Cup game in Mexico 🇲🇽 he was like Echegini is bomb even as a Collegiate…

My own is that Zogg and Roosa especially hasn’t been given much time…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
Akpan Ashanti 17 year old Nigerian Midfielder

Akpan Ashanti made her first senior debut on Sunday for Chelsea women's team as she came on as a 64th minute substitute for Sophie Ingle during Chelsea Vitality Womens FA cup victory against Reading on Sunday

Born to an Akwa Ibom Father, and a Polish mother, Ashanti plays for Chelsea Women’s Youth Team and is eligible to play Internationally for Poland, England & the Super Falcons of Nigeria.
💙

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
You do realize Onyi's first game was against Canada during the friendly. And truth be told, she hardly impressed in that game.
Also note that she was still with Mississippi State at the time. She couldn't make the Japan friendly due to School.

Fast forward till the revelation cup - she had now transferred to Florida State who had a very good run in the NCAA Women's soccer competition, in which she played a very significant part. Bigger program, greater exposure more confidence. All that came to fore in her performance in the revelation cup.

The way Randy brought her into the team was spot on!
lovewins:

I personally tilt towards allowing a coach call a player of his choosing for the most part. While I am an advocate for using our best hands, I also think coaches should be allowed the liberty to chose whoever they think best cause they primarily bear the responsibility.

Randy is just like Gernot Rohr who would rather leverage on experienced players. See how long it took him to start Onyi. I won't even be surprised if Onyi doesn't start at the world cup. The only reason why I am advocating for Roosa to be given time is cause we have a goal scoring problem. We've scored just 3 goals in our last 8 games. We need a better finisher and Roosa offers that option
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Better finisher than who? Oshoala? That's absolutely NOT true.
One is primed to win the Pichichi while the other barely has 5 or 6 goals in the Belgian league.
She is not even a starter in her Club Brugge YLA.

Please, let's get serious and stop all the sentimental talk!
Deltamani:

With what have seen Roosa play she’s a better than finisher, her decision in front of goal is quite better than some of the No.9 have seen in the Falcons team of recent.. The Belgium 🇧🇪 league is also good enough far better than the Belarusian, Turkish and Polish side… Hand to Hand the Belgium league should be there among the Finland, Swiss, Austria, Russia ,Scotland and Czech Republic leagues.. This girls need playing time too, we already know Onumonu capabilities, why not rest her a little and give Roosa Ariyo, Macleans some game time to see what they have to offer..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
AkinDS:
You do realize Onyi's first game was against Canada during the friendly. And truth be told, she hardly impressed in that game.
Also note that she was still with Mississippi State at the time. She couldn't make the Japan friendly due to School.

Fast forward till the revelation cup - she had now transferred to Florida State who had a very good run in the NCAA Women's soccer competition, in which she played a very significant part. Bigger program, greater exposure more confidence. All that came to fore in her performance in the revelation cup.

I hope you know she was their best at Mississippi State, and again the talent was there to see.. Talking about the Canada game, we can’t rate her with that as she wasn’t even on the field up to 20minutes if I’m not mistaken..?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Deltamani:

Akpan Ashanti made her first senior debut on Sunday for Chelsea women's team as she came on as a 64th minute substitute for Sophie Ingle during Chelsea Vitality Womens FA cup victory against Reading on Sunday

Born to an Akwa Ibom Father, and a Polish mother, Ashanti plays for Chelsea Women’s Youth Team and is eligible to play Internationally for Poland, England & the Super Falcons of Nigeria.

Ashanti sounds Ghanaian though. Could she be eligible to play for Ghana?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
AkinDS:
One is primed to win the Pichichi while the other barely has 5 or 6 goals in the Belgian league.

For me to say she’s a better finisher than Oshoala is arguably wrong, both ain’t in the same Class… Considering the league both plays..

A typographical error from me there, wanted to say she’s a better finisher than some of the girls that have played the No.9 for the Falcons sometimes now.. Eg Monday Gift, Vivian Ikechukwu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
mostob:
Ashanti sounds Ghanaian though. Could she be eligible to play for Ghana?

She’s from Akwa Ibom, Calabar them

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
So? Esther was THE best player at Lamar University in Beaumont here in TX. Did that mean she was a super star? No. Yet, when she debuted for Nigeria in the second half against Jamaica, it was easy to realize that even though she was still green, she was definitely a 'keeper' (i.e. someone who could potentially become important to the team). Same with Chinwe Alozie, Tosin Demehin (who started but got injured) and Onumonu.
Deltamani:

I hope you know she was their best at Mississippi State, and again the talent was there to see.. Talking about the Canada game, we can’t rate her with that as she wasn’t even on the field up to 20minutes if I’m not mistaken..?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
AkinDS:

First, it was in that Canada game I knew Onyi had great potentials, only needed confidence and time to prove that.

Second your facts are incomplete. Randy introduced her in the first game against Canada (she played 11mins). She was however unused throughout the second Canada game. She was also an unused substitute against the USA even when it was obvious we had a midfield challenge. He again started her off the bench in the second USA game. She came in only in the second half. Again I'm thankful that he brought her into the team and he's starting to use her, but typical Randy will likely still bench her for "experience" when it matters most. I hope I'm wrong

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
She's already committed to England.
Next...
Deltamani:

💙

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2023
AkinDS:

Yes she is a better finisher of the ball. Oshoala is a better all round player, but when it comes to finishing she leaves a sour taste.

Oshoala has great pace and instinctively positions herself better than most players. These are are advantages, finishing isn't one of her strong suits (maybe I should qualify it with lately) Anyone who has watched her the last 2 seasons will agree and winning the Pinchichi doesn't dispute that. Put Roosa in that Barcelona team and she'll score as much if not more goals than Oshoala is doing now.

Again, I concede that Oshoala is a better player, but we have a goalscoring problem and Oshoala won't get multiple chances in the falcons that she does in Barcelona

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.