Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,329 members, 7,850,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (829823 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (1082) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:05am On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:
Jennifer Onyi Echegini has been handed a late call-up to join the Super Falcons ahead of April international friendlies against Haiti and New Zealand in Turkey.

Her addition raises the total number of players invited to 24..

To only reason I cut Waldrum some slack for Onyi's exclusion was cause someone (I think AkinDS) opined that it could be due to clash with her school calendar (exams I think).

How to we even justify her exclusion now? Like I was easily one of our best player during the last window
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2023
lovewins:

To only reason I cut Waldrum some slack for Onyi's exclusion was cause someone (I think AkinDS) opined that it could be due to clash with her school calendar (exams I think).

How to we even justify her exclusion now? Like I was easily one of our best player during the last window

Nicole Payne nko?? Cause I know very well in that list the Full back she’s better than in many aspects but will always be invited ahead of her even though she doesn’t contribute any thing good apart from errors..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

Nicole Payne nko?? Cause I know very well in that list the Full back she’s better than in many aspects but will always be invited ahead of her even though she doesn’t contribute any thing good apart from errors..

Take it from me, Nicole isn't in his plans. She's not been a part of the team for a while now. Even when she was, she rarely got game time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2023
So waldrum actually dropped echegini shocked wow I think waldrum smoke some shit that mess with his brain sometimes, @deltamani warn your buddy ;Dnext time he dropped echegini we are going to protest at NFF house in abuja

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:54am On Mar 31, 2023
isan:
So waldrum actually dropped echegini shocked wow I think waldrum smoke some shit that mess with his brain sometimes, @deltamani warn your buddy ;Dnext time he dropped echegini we are going to protest at NFF house in abuja

From the worldcup bond list, or from the friendliesin April
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2023
This is Sofascore's Champions League team of the week. Caroline Graham Hansen is their player of the week.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2023
Barcelona will play Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final.

In January this year, Asisat Oshoala annoyed Chelsea fans with the first tweet below.

Yesterday night she annoyed them again by suggesting that Berger was not on the line during the penalty shootout and referring to Chiamaka Nnadozie's situation at the 2019 World Cup. She has since deleted the tweet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:35am On Mar 31, 2023
She is a good finisher🎯🎯...
Defenders and keepers nightmare
Blessing Nkor Plays for Young African Princess of Tanzania 🇹🇿

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2023
naptu2:
Barcelona will play Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final.

In January this year, Asisat Oshoala annoyed Chelsea fans with the first tweet below.

Yesterday night she annoyed them again by suggesting that Berger was not on the line during the penalty shootout and referring to Chiamaka Nnadozie's situation at the 2019 World Cup. She has since deleted the tweet.

Normally Barcelona were already seeing themselves playing Lyon, but Chelsea scaled through… Again Chelsea is a more easier Opponents for Barcelona than Lyon..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
isan:

Which kin yeye Buddy, Me and that man cut ties since the WAFCON failure… Even me and Superfalcon Media Officer get am hot too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2023
isan:

Schools are not playing football na.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Basco Basco e belike na Wetin Randy say make you talk on e behalf be this…😂😂

School ain’t playing yet Echegini was our best player at the Revelation Cup just a month ago?? So within this one month she don lose form Ahbi? Or the Training wha dem da do on a regular so nor join..

But wait how come Onome Who’s Clubless is there and new fan Favourite Echegini wasn’t called up initially??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2023
China National League Champion 🇨🇳

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
When did Jennifer Echegini become a pro?
You don't want Debbie Abiodun BUT you were the same person advocating for the inclusion of Esther Oyenezide or Onyenezidane, as you described her in your post below ?
Wow. Double standards!

mostob:
Are you really placing Debbie in the category of the players you mentioned? Those are pros FFS.
When I mean experience, not all what you put up here. Does she have exposure? Has she trained with pros? Playing U20 football is different from senior world cup. Can you bank on her to match the like of Kerr,Foord, Popp, Bronze and all....
Even our senior players are struggling yet you want us to rely on a 19-year old who is just starting her career.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2023
AkinDS:
You don't want Debbie Abiodun BUT you were the same person advocating for the inclusion of Esther Oyenezide or Onyenezidane, as you described her in your post below ?
Wow. Double standards!

By the way how are you comparing Debbie with Echegini?? Both ain’t playing the same position. But all round Echegini have the edge and already set to become Pro… unlike Debbie
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2023
Are you saying she was left out because she hasn't play for just a month? 🤔 Onome has play club football in like 2 years or more
BascoVanVeli:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2023
AkinDS:
Wow. Double standards!

Did you even read the screenshot? Who is advocating?
You can do better than this man.
I said if the idea is to include one of the youngsters since you included Debbie in your list, then I'd rather go for Onyenezidane. We have a lot of similar players to Debbie already so Onyenezidane will give the team something different.

You later said referred to Ayinde's red card and I suggested we should go for pro instead of banking on Debbie. What's even funny is you pitting Debbie with the like of Ash, echegini and Otu just to manipulate your false narrative.

Echegini may not be a pro but she has the exposure. Now tell me where Debbie has been playing all this while.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2023
I listed Echegini as one of the players that are not 'experienced' (previous WWC, or Club football or otherwise) or have turned 'Professional'.
Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with playing position, but experience.

You say Echegini is set to become pro - that's in the future (post-WWC) and is speculative. I am talking about the here and now. As at this point in time, she is still a College player with zero professional experience. For instance, she may decide she wants to go for an advanced degree. You don't know what she has planned for her future.

For the sake of this discussion therefore, Jennifer Echegini, Deborah Abiodun and Nicole Payne are all in that same category (inexperienced at playing in the senior women's WC and are also lacking in professional club experience).
Deltamani:

By the way how are you comparing Debbie with Echegini?? Both ain’t playing the same position. But all round Echegini have the edge and already set to become Pro… unlike Debbie
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
The word 'Advocate' means to publicly support or recommend. You clearly did that in your response to me when I suggested Abiodun as a possible midfield option. You also can do a whole lot better than trying to finagle your way than simply walking back what you said.

For the record, your Onyenezide being 'something different' argument lacks merit. There is a reason why Randy seems to be pivoting towards Abiodun (as opposed to Onyenezide) and that reason might be the limited number of pure box-box and defensive minded midfielders on the team (Ayinde, Otu and Ucheibe). Most of the other midfield options are AMs or wingers, of which Onyenezide is, and the team is simply NOT hurting for those right now (Payne, Ajibade, Okobi, etc).

What 'exposure' does Echegini have, that supercedes Abiodun's? The NCAA tournament? I had listed all the competitions Abiodun has played in over the past 2 years, including World, continental and sub-continental (WAFU) tournaments, not to mention Nigeria domestic League matches with River's Angels. Yet, you are still asking where she has been playing all this while. Seriously? Do some homework, man.

mostob:
Did you even read the screenshot? Who is advocating?
You can do better than this man.
I said if the idea is to include one of the youngsters since you included Debbie in your list, then I'd rather go for Onyenezidane. We have a lot of similar players to Debbie already so Onyenezidane will give the team something different.

You later said referred to Ayinde's red card and I suggested we should go for pro instead of banking on Debbie. What's even funny is you pitting Debbie with the like of Ash, echegini and Otu just to manipulate your false narrative.

Echegini may not be a pro but she has the exposure. Now tell me where Debbie has been playing all this while.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
isan:
Are you saying she was left out because she hasn't play for just a month? 🤔 Onome has play club football in like 2 years or more

If it’s about playing that one is definitely a lie as they have been playing Friendly games in and out… So not playing nor join, na Randy go fit explain why he nor invite the girl at first..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2023
AkinDS:
The word 'Advocate' means to publicly support or recommend. You clearly did that in your response to me when I suggested Abiodun as a possible midfield option. You also can do a whole lot better than trying to finagle your way than simply walking back what you said.

For the record, your Onyenezide being 'something different' argument lacks merit. There is a reason why Randy seems to be pivoting towards Abiodun (as opposed to Onyenezide) and that reason might be the limited number of pure box-box and defensive minded midfielders on the team (Ayinde, Otu and Ucheibe). Most of the other midfield options are AMs or wingers, of which Onyenezide is, and the team is simply NOT hurting for those right now (Payne, Ajibade, Okobi, etc).

What 'exposure' does Echegini have, that supercedes Abiodun's? The NCAA tournament? I had listed all the competitions Abiodun has played in over the past 2 years, including World, continental and sub-continental (WAFU) tournaments, not to mention Nigeria domestic League matches with River's Angels. Yet, you are still asking where she has been playing all this while. Seriously? Do some homework, man.

Football basis wise, you can’t compare both, it’s pretty showing in their game of play… Debbie is good yes but we can’t even use all that to pick her ahead of Onyi just because she has played WAFU tournaments, U20 World Cup…!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

Basco Basco e belike na Wetin Randy say make you talk on e behalf be this…😂😂

School ain’t playing yet Echegini was our best player at the Revelation Cup just a month ago?? So within this one month she don lose form Ahbi? Or the Training wha dem da do on a regular so nor join..

But wait how come Onome Who’s Clubless is there and new fan Favourite Echegini wasn’t called up initially??

Why would your buddy tell me and not tell u

If she would have failed a lot of people would blame Waldrum for inviting a non active player. Maybe the coach didn't want to take the risk this time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
isan:

Are they mates Onome is the captain of the side last I checked.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2023
AkinDS:

1. You said my opinion about Onyenezidane bring something different lacks merit yet you went ahead to buttress same point. We have 3 good players in the DM position, adding Debbie will make it 4. But Onyenezidane is an AM as you yourself stated so how will she not bring something different to the team especially as we're lacking in that department.

2. To say we're lacking in the DM/box-box position is nothing short of delusion. Ayinde, Ucheibe and Otu are more than capable. Amanda and Fatima are even on standby.
What you stated about the AM position further buttress my point that you're supporting your false narratives with faulty facts. Aside Echegini, we can't boast of a sound AM. When last did Ajibade played consistently as an AM? She has either been playing as a winger or a striker. Okobi is not the same Okobi of years ago. Moreso, when last did she played as an AM for her club?

3. You need to come out and tell us how you're related to Debbie. She is a player most of us admire but yours is getting extreme. Infact, Tosin and Imuran are more exposed and experienced than her not to talk of Echegini. You're comparing Collegiate football with Nigeria domestic league? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daninya33: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

Some persons here go still defend the useless PHE teacher wha da claim Coach…

A fine midfielder fah...
Don't even know whether it's our coaches or NFF or even both ruining our football in Nigeria.
One of your best performer in the last two games,you want to sideline.
Now I see why some footballers do not want to play for Nigeria.
Mediocrity over Meritocracy.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
AkinDS:
Oh, heck no!
So she could learn how to be an arrogant, selfish player? Absolutely Not!
Okobi is certainly not a role model to emulate, on and off the field. She lacks the 'on the ball' intelligence required of a modern day midfielder.
That's why her career as a professional football player has failed to progress.
Okobi has nothing to offer that Onyi would benefit from.

AkinDS:
Let me guess...
'Big players', as in Okobi, Oparanozie and perhaps Chikwelu and Onome?
Well, good riddance, as they have overstayed their welcome.
They should please not let the door hit them on their way out.

It is funny how you sneaked in Okobi to our argument as one of the AMs yet you've been criticising the same player. Isn't that double standard.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2023
Sorry to bring this here, but you all need to see this..

Wait oh so this man still have a contract with NFF as an assistant coach of the super eagles? How can a low rated unachievable, low class half baked and backward coach have a contract after his failures with Kano pillars, Olympic eagles, bribery scandals have a contact and coaches like finidi and shorunmu don't have a valid contact with the NFF? This should be a joke of the twenty first century... I laugh in Swahili pls..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:
Sorry to bring this here, but you all need to see this..

Wait oh so this man still have a contract with NFF as an assistant coach of the super eagles? How can a low rated unachievable, low class half baked and backward coach have a contract after his failures with Kano pillars, Olympic eagles, bribery scandals have a contact and coaches like finidi and shorunmu don't have a valid contact with the NFF? This should be a joke of the twenty first century... I laugh in Swahili pls..
That is the state of Nigeria football. Everything goes through the backdoor.
I'm not sure he has a badge no matter how lower the level maybe.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2023
Debbie is currently one of the future Superfalcon Midfield star if she Continues to Work hard and get better… She can play as a Defensive midfielder and central midfielder.

Debbie Abeodun is considered to be one of the most promising young talents in Nigeria women's football, I see her as Nigeria Lena Oberdorf… Hopefully before 2 to 3 years she should be a main stay in the Starting 11.. But right now that girl still have a lot to learn but will definitely give the likes of Ayinde, Otu, Mbadi a run for their money in a year or two..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:
She is a good finisher🎯🎯...
Defenders and keepers nightmare
Blessing Nkor Plays for Young African Princess of Tanzania 🇹🇿

Better player.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
I'll keep on saying it. This SF i know needs Onyenezide. They need her. Superb coaches can risk picking her over more experienced players if they notice what her skillset brings to this team. But Waldrum is none of that. Plus long leg too is a big factor. It's going to be hard for DA to be a starter at wwc. Onyenezide can be a starter. But looks like we want such kind of player to wait for her time in modern times. Time is slim now. All the best to DA.

We still lack creative in the team with the players on ground, remember that. It's a disaster we've faced in years. How many have we score in all....see if we invite the best attacker back to the team and we refuse to resolve creativity issues, we are simply marking attendance.

We saw how creativity was a big problem for the SE days back over two legs, despite having one of the top 3 best attackers in the world in that team. That was qualifiers. A pk gave us a win over 180mins.

This team needs it.

I keep saying we need our own Mothlalo. Esther fits that skillset all rounda, save senior team experience which is not really a big deal. But we meuve.

For now, the best news is Oparanozie coming back. I hope things change on the pitch with her return.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
daveP:
I'll keep on saying it. This SF i know needs Onyenezide. They need her. Superb coaches can risk picking her over more experienced players if they notice what her skillset brings to this team. But Waldrum is none of that. Plus long leg too is a big factor. It's going to be hard for DA to be a starter at wwc. Onyenezide can be a starter. But looks like we want such kind of player to wait for her time in modern times. Time is slim now. All the best to DA.

We still lack creative in the team with the players on ground, remember that. It's a disaster we've faced in years. How many have we score in all....see if we invite the best attacker back to the team and we refuse to resolve creativity issues, we are simply marking attendance.

We saw how creativity was a big problem for the SE days back over two legs, despite having one of the top 3 best attackers in the world in that team. That was qualifiers. A pk gave us a win over 180mins.

This team needs it.

I keep saying we need our own Mothlalo. Esther fits that skillset all rounda, save senior team experience which is not really a big deal. But we meuve.

For now, the best news is Oparanozie coming back. I hope things change on the pitch with her return.

How do you see Esther Onyenezide earning a starting spot ahead of Echegini in that Midfield?? Is that even
possible?

Sound funny to me though cause all round Echegini beat her hands down.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (1082) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.