Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,133 members, 7,856,529 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (835165 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (1085) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2023
daveP:
I'll keep on saying it. This SF i know needs Onyenezide. They need her. Superb coaches can risk picking her over more experienced players if they notice what her skillset brings to this team. But Waldrum is none of that. Plus long leg too is a big factor. It's going to be hard for DA to be a starter at wwc. Onyenezide can be a starter. But looks like we want such kind of player to wait for her time in modern times. Time is slim now. All the best to DA.

We still lack creative in the team with the players on ground, remember that. It's a disaster we've faced in years. How many have we score in all....see if we invite the best attacker back to the team and we refuse to resolve creativity issues, we are simply marking attendance.

We saw how creativity was a big problem for the SE days back over two legs, despite having one of the top 3 best attackers in the world in that team. That was qualifiers. A pk gave us a win over 180mins.

This team needs it.

I keep saying we need our own Mothlalo. Esther fits that skillset all rounda, save senior team experience which is not really a big deal. But we meuve.

For now, the best news is Oparanozie coming back. I hope things change on the pitch with her return

Free kick problem, any way with Oparanozie coming back that should be a little bit settled depending on how and when Randy chooses to use her.. Cause Ajibade na Zerooooo X 100

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2023
Super Falcons Chiamaka Nnadozie has signed a contract extension that keeps her at Paris FC until June 2025.

“I am very happy to continue the adventure here, at Paris FC. I thank the club and management for their trust. I can't wait to realize all my biggest dreams with Paris FC, win trophies and write the history of the club." - Nnadozie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:
Super Falcons Chiamaka Nnadozie has signed a contract extension that keeps her at Paris FC until June 2025.

“I am very happy to continue the adventure here, at Paris FC. I thank the club and management for their trust. I can't wait to realize all my biggest dreams with Paris FC, win trophies and write the history of the club." - Nnadozie

I’m expecting PSG move next sha….!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

How do you see Esther Onyenezide earning a starting spot ahead of Echegini in that Midfield?? Is that even
possible?

Sound funny to me though cause all round Echegini beat her hands down.

I like Esther, but don't understand the hype she gets here. Esther has potentials, but she's no top talent. She should be allowed to grow, and not exposed too early to the big leagues. Let's not forget that if she gets a chance and messes up, she may never get it again as Nigerians and football itself isn't so forgiving.

Esther currently players in the women's league here in Nigeria, and she's obviously not the best the league offers. Let's allow her time to grow. The only reason Onyi is being advocated for is cause she rose to the occasion when it mattered.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

I’m expecting PSG move next sha….!!
Is Lyon feasible? grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2023
daveP:
I'll keep on saying it. This SF i know needs Onyenezide. They need her. Superb coaches can risk picking her over more experienced players if they notice what her skillset brings to this team. But Waldrum is none of that. Plus long leg too is a big factor. It's going to be hard for DA to be a starter at wwc. Onyenezide can be a starter. But looks like we want such kind of player to wait for her time in modern times. Time is slim now. All the best to DA.

We still lack creative in the team with the players on ground, remember that. It's a disaster we've faced in years. How many have we score in all....see if we invite the best attacker back to the team and we refuse to resolve creativity issues, we are simply marking attendance.

We saw how creativity was a big problem for the SE days back over two legs, despite having one of the top 3 best attackers in the world in that team. That was qualifiers. A pk gave us a win over 180mins.

This team needs it.

I keep saying we need our own Mothlalo. Esther fits that skillset all rounda, save senior team experience which is not really a big deal. But we meuve.

For now, the best news is Oparanozie coming back. I hope things change on the pitch with her return.
You made a nice point about Onyenezidane but fact is all these girls- Onyenezidane, Debbie, flourish and others need time to develop both mentally and physically. For now, they should concentrate on getting good clubs. I don't know what they're still doing in Nigerian league.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:46pm On Mar 31, 2023
mostob:
You made a nice point about Onyenezidane but fact is all these girls- Onyenezidane, Debbie, flourish and others need time to develop both mentally and physically. For now, they should concentrate on getting good clubs. I don't know what they're still doing in Nigerian league.

She can as well move to lower leagues in Europe if she wants now but Do you want them to move to Belarus and Israel league??, I won’t be that happy if I see such, at least they’re one of the top paid players here in the NWPL..There are offers but players of their Caliber should be a little patient for better offers from top league Clubs just as Monday Gift did...

Chidinma okeke did the Same and got good deal from Spain but injuries and some other factors set in which currently moved her to Israel..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:
Debbie is currently one of the future Superfalcon Midfield star if she Continues to Work hard and get better… She can play as a Defensive midfielder and central midfielder.

Debbie Abeodun is considered to be one of the most promising young talents in Nigeria women's football, I see her as Nigeria Lena Oberdorf… Hopefully before 2 to 3 years she should be a main stay in the Starting 11.. But right now that girl still have a lot to learn but will definitely give the likes of Ayinde, Otu, Mbadi a run for their money in a year or two..

She can play every midfield position. Her U20 coach even said she is an attacking midfielder. Plus her last performance against Japan was top class. It would have been a shame if she didn't get a call up once healthy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2023
mostob:
Is Lyon feasible? grin

She would have a tough time there battling Endler for a starting spot… But at PSG she will walk straight to the starting 11 cause Sarah Bouhahdi is no longer the top goalie she’s by the way Lyon defense used to help her a lot.. When she moved to the US last season she find it hard to settle in…

Paris FC defense need to do better cause they’re ain’t helping Nnadozie that much,… I wasn’t expecting her to sign for two more years.. Anyway it’s also very good for her cause by then PSG should come knocking… Even Mr Karl was surprised too, he even said if Paris FC defense don’t step up she might have a rethink to leave…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

She can play every midfield position. Her U20 coach even said she is an attacking midfielder. Plus her last performance against Japan was top class. It would have been a shame if she didn't get a call up once healthy.

Her favorite position in the DM… She likes it more there cause of her aggressive nature like Lena Oberdorf…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:58pm On Mar 31, 2023
More than 𝟓,𝟎𝟎𝟎 tickets have already been sold for our Champions League semi-final against Barcelona! 👊

They better sell up to 30k if not coming to Camp Nou, they should expect 50k plus and Barcelona ladies don’t joke with that Stadium

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2023
mostob:

The reason wey aren't even seeing the development location as the NT is cos we've been shlty with managers lately. We don't need to be a European team to try these things. We all know how it boosts morale. Imuran and Demehin are already developing with the team. Esther can be like that too.

Another good angle you raised. I dunno why it became so difficult to get clubs for these two especially after that tournament. It took Sam Axe to help get DA something tangible. I just don't get it. But all the best. Maybe agent is wack or they were not placed where eyes will see them, etc.

Whoever made them stay there is not smart. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:08pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

How do you see Esther Onyenezide earning a starting spot ahead of Echegini in that Midfield?? Is that even
possible?

Sound funny to me though cause all round Echegini beat her hands down.

Eche hasn't even started a competitive match yet but you are right. It will be hard. But that takes nothing away from Esther. All down to a manager wey sabi. It will shock you that despite what Echegini has, Sam Axe eill still not start her. Im surprised Alozie still dey play defense sef. Chai.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

Free kick problem, any way with Oparanozie coming back that should be a little bit settled depending on how and when Randy chooses to use her.. Cause Ajibade na Zerooooo X 100
direct fk issues solved. What of indirect? That one is down to setpiece coach, which i doubt we have.

We still have a transition problem which is a big big headache.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

Her favorite position in the DM… She likes it more there cause of her aggressive nature like Lena Oberdorf…
The ish now is that we are seeing all of this, but Sam Axe is blind to it all.

Infact

Echegini
Debbie
Esther

If all eventually make the squad, how to deploy them will still be Sam Axe biggest Achilles cos he no sabi.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2023
daveP:

The reason wey aren't even seeing the development location as the NT is cos we've been shlty with managers lately. We don't need to be a European team to try these things. We all know how it boosts morale. Imuran and Demehin are already developing with the team. Esther can be like that too.

Another good angle you raised. I dunno why it became so difficult to get clubs for these two especially after that tournament. It took Sam Axe to help get DA something tangible. I just don't get it. But all the best. Maybe agent is wack or they were not placed where eyes will see them, etc.

Whoever made them stay there is not smart. Smh.
Maybe thy have not gotten a good offer. That national tram matter eh, it is in God's hand. Poor coaching, poor administration, unmotivated players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2023
mostob:

1. You said my opinion about Onyenezidane bring something different lacks merit yet you went ahead to buttress same point. We have 3 good players in the DM position, adding Debbie will make it 4. But Onyenezidane is an AM as you yourself stated so how will she not bring something different to the team especially as we're lacking in that department.
The set up the falcons play is 4-3-3, with 1 AM and 2 defensive minded CMs. So, you don't need 4 AMs but you need backups for the 2CM, 1 each = 4. Don't know why that is so difficult to comprehend.

mostob:

2. To say we're lacking in the DM/box-box position is nothing short of delusion. Ayinde, Ucheibe and Otu are more than capable. Amanda and Fatima are even on standby.
What you stated about the AM position further buttress my point that you're supporting your false narratives with faulty facts. Aside Echegini, we can't boast of a sound AM. When last did Ajibade played consistently as an AM? She has either been playing as a winger or a striker. Okobi is not the same Okobi of years ago. Moreso, when last did she played as an AM for her club?
Ajibade has proven her versatility as an AM for the Falcons, so no point rehashing that obvious fact. When last did Okobi play as an AM for her club? You have 3 CM options, of which 1 of them is suspended for 2 matches. Randy typically plays with 2 CMs so that means you would have no replacements. Lately, Ucheibe has had situations where she crops up an injury and needed to be replaced. So, who do you bring in, wise guy?
Regarding you question about Okobi - Today, perhaps, for Levante Las Planas against Real Madrid. FYI - Toni Payne has also played as AM for the Falcons and acquainted herself well enough, vs. Costa Rica.

mostob:

3. You need to come out and tell us how you're related to Debbie. She is a player most of us admire but yours is getting extreme. Infact, Tosin and Imuran are more exposed and experienced than her not to talk of Echegini. You're comparing Collegiate football with Nigeria domestic league? grin grin
So, the fact that someone might have a contrary opinion to yours regarding Debbie Ajibola, means the person is related to her? That would have been laughable, had it not been really pathetic.
Last time I checked, this same domestic league were where the same Onyenezide that you've advocated for plies her trade? And your point is what again?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:07pm On Mar 31, 2023
AkinDS:

The set up the falcons play is 4-3-3, with 1 AM and 2 defensive minded CMs. So, you don't need 4 AMs but you need backups for the 2CM, 1 each = 4. Don't know why that is so difficult to comprehend.

You have 3 CM options, of which 1 of them is suspended for 2 matches. Randy typically plays with 2 CMs so that means you would have no replacements. Lately, she has had situations where she crops up an injury and needed to be replaced. So, who do you bring in, wise guy?
Also, Ajibade has proven her versatility as an AM for the Falcons, so no point rehashing that obvious fact. When last did Okobi play as an AM for her club? You have 3 CM options, of which 1 of them is suspended for 2 matches. Randy typically plays with 2 CMs so that means you would have no replacements. Lately, she has had situations where she crops up an injury and needed to be replaced. So, who do you bring in, wise guy?
Regarding you question about Okobi - Today, perhaps, for Levante Las Planas against Real Madrid. FYI - Toni Payne has also played as AM for the Falcons and acquainted herself well enough, vs. Costa Rica.

So, the fact that someone might have a contrary opinion to yours regarding Debbie Ajibola, means the person is related to her? That would have been laughable, had it not been really pathetic.
Last time I checked, this same domestic league were where the same Onyenezide that you've advocated for plies her trade? And your point is what again?

Let me drag this matter back a Little…

Right now we don’t even have Superfalcons Home Based Squad, Players da the Nigeria Woman League but Randy isn’t even a fan of the league if not at least 5 players would have been making the falcons List regularly…

I remember when Basco said Since Glory Ogbonna is a Product of the NWFL and she’s good enough at the Level she’s now..

Then I asked him, Faith Ikidi who used to be the best Full Back in Sweden for some years when the Swedish League was top2 in Europe then where did she come from?? Helen Ukaonu was also an excellent Full Backs who left Delta Queens to Sunnana SK in Sweden as at early 2011 then, Ngozi Ebere who signed for PSG straight from Rivers Angels was also very good and consistent where did they come from ?? Is it not same League..

Sometimes this Players are overhyped and ain’t as it seems…

Lilian Cole used to be our Right Back, back in the days from 2006 to 2009 but truth be told she wasn’t the best but the Coach prefers her, when Eucharia came in that 2009 that was the end of seeing Cole play for the Falcons…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
Deltamani:

When did she say that? Either way the point is that she can play DM, CM and AMF.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

When did she say that? Either way the point is that she can play DM, CM and AMF.

I nor follow you argue ooo, whichever one you say is correct 👍
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
Who remember Ugo Njoku?? AKA Magic15
Girl Wey Sabi..

Asisat Oshoala was obviously the Sirius star of the 2014 set of Falconets but one player that really won me over was Ugo NJOKU. I wouldn't say CANADA 2014 was her break out tournament since she's already starred, in no small measure, in JAPAN 2012.
Her bursting forage up the right flank and artistic crosses juiced up an already lethal attack. She is strong, confident, talented, rustic but certainly an elite material and has been described as "a well-rounded, versatile, and modern defender, who combines power with excellent technical ability; due to her power, and skill." Jane Ndubisi.
It's no surprise that she raked up 4 assists (remember that one that Desire converted against MEX in 2012?) in the 11 (out of 12) FIFA U20 WWC starts she made as well as playing every minute of NGA fabulous campaign in CANADA 2014. The amazing thing is that she was never booked! That's why I believe that awful incidence with Sam Kerr in 2015 was an anomaly.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:40pm On Mar 31, 2023
The past is Seldom as we would have it

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2023
Sabi Woman….

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2023
Coach wha sabi……. No body does it better than Florence Omagbemi

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:01am On Apr 01, 2023
Last two weeks Monaliiku head of sports director Ayisat Success Yusuf who represented the Monaliiku was in Ljubljana, Slovenia, in a European leadership training programme.

40 professionals and leaders from the football and sports world, especially women and ethnic minorities, gathered for the event.

For four days he learned, shared and developed ideas to become a conscious leader of the future SheFootball Initiative

The event is hosted by EUSA - European University Sports Association its institute and FARE network This event is part of the Erasmus+ three-year project "Innovating Football Leadership through Practice and Policy" (iFLIPP).

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:49am On Apr 01, 2023
Coach Ayisat Yusuf-Aromire

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 6:03am On Apr 01, 2023
How far with the latest foreign girl who wants to play for Nigeria and Rinsola? Can they join SF before world cup?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:00am On Apr 01, 2023
Is this before or after the World Cup?

Let's see how events unfold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:12am On Apr 01, 2023
AkinDS:

Ajibade has proven her versatility as an AM for the Falcons, so no point rehashing that obvious fact. When last did Okobi play as an AM for her club? You have 3 CM options, of which 1 of them is suspended for 2 matches. Randy typically plays with 2 CMs so that means you would have no replacements. Lately, Ucheibe has had situations where she crops up an injury and needed to be replaced. So, who do you bring in, wise guy?

I don't think I should be spoon-feeding you simple facts oga.
1. That your primary 2 mathematics you worked out over there is funny. Who tell you every team plays 1 AM in 4-3-3?

2. Ajibade is versatile no doubt but then you failed to answer the question. which position is she playing in her club? But you just had to bring out the versatility card to support your fallacy. Tony Payne has been playing as a FB for us, that she played in Midfield against Costa Rica doesn't in anyway prove she is good in the AM position. She may certainly put up a good performance but some things may be lacking in her game. The Okobi you are mentioning now was the same one you have been bashing all over the thread. You mentioning her as an option is quite irritating and shows double standard.

3. You have been campaigning and pushing the Debbie agenda for some months now so you probably are related to her. To even put her in the same bracket as Otu, Ashleigh,Echegini, and Nicole is laughable and suspicious.

4. I have told you I'm not advocating for Onyenezidane. I have explained the rationale behind my bringing up her name.

BTW this is dragging too long and it shouldn't be so if not for your inability to comprehend simple points.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:14am On Apr 01, 2023
lovewins:
Is this before or after the World Cup?

Let's see how events unfold.
He dare not abandon the team now. He should have done so since last year.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:17am On Apr 01, 2023
Deltamani:
Who remember Ugo Njoku?? AKA Magic15
Girl Wey Sabi..

Asisat Oshoala was obviously the Sirius star of the 2014 set of Falconets but one player that really won me over was Ugo NJOKU. I wouldn't say CANADA 2014 was her break out tournament since she's already starred, in no small measure, in JAPAN 2012.
Her bursting forage up the right flank and artistic crosses juiced up an already lethal attack. She is strong, confident, talented, rustic but certainly an elite material and has been described as "a well-rounded, versatile, and modern defender, who combines power with excellent technical ability; due to her power, and skill." Jane Ndubisi.
It's no surprise that she raked up 4 assists (remember that one that Desire converted against MEX in 2012?) in the 11 (out of 12) FIFA U20 WWC starts she made as well as playing every minute of NGA fabulous campaign in CANADA 2014. The amazing thing is that she was never booked! That's why I believe that awful incidence with Sam Kerr in 2015 was an anomaly.
Still hoping for her 'revival'. Njoku and Okeke are the two players I hope to see again in the mix.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:47am On Apr 01, 2023
solonnachi:
How far with the latest foreign girl who wants to play for Nigeria and Rinsola? Can they join SF before world cup?

Join ke,😳
After the World Cup they can come in if the need be by the way one is already 30yrs while the other is in her mid20sss

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (1085) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.