Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (830372 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (1082) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:48am On Apr 01, 2023
lovewins:
Is this before or after the World Cup?

Let's see how events unfold.

Abeg make I laugh small😂😂😂😂
No comments for now sha but we nor want April Fool for this kin matter ooo… If true then the best News to start this month with
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:51am On Apr 01, 2023
mostob:
Still hoping for her 'revival'. Njoku and Okeke are the two players I hope to see again in the mix.

Njoku back to the Superfalcon is a 5% chance something to happen oo..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:13am On Apr 01, 2023
lovewins:

May be April fools
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:25am On Apr 01, 2023
PDPGuy:

May be April fools

Yea. Not unlikely
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:32am On Apr 01, 2023
April Fool…..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:43am On Apr 01, 2023
Even Osasu use style

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:47am On Apr 01, 2023
This Ona April Fool don too da Cost ooo

OFFICIAL: Florence Omagbemi appointed to lead Super Falcons to 2023 Women's World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2023
I'm reading waldrum has been fired?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2023
isan:

From where? Cause na April fool everywhere oo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:04am On Apr 01, 2023
isan:
Na April fool bro grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2023
lovewins:

April Fool

Looks like it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
AkinDS:

The set up the falcons play is 4-3-3, with 1 AM and 2 defensive minded CMs. So, you don't need 4 AMs but you need backups for the 2CM, 1 each = 4. Don't know why that is so difficult to comprehend.

Ajibade has proven her versatility as an AM for the Falcons, so no point rehashing that obvious fact. When last did Okobi play as an AM for her club? You have 3 CM options, of which 1 of them is suspended for 2 matches. Randy typically plays with 2 CMs so that means you would have no replacements. Lately, Ucheibe has had situations where she crops up an injury and needed to be replaced. So, who do you bring in, wise guy?
Regarding you question about Okobi - Today, perhaps, for Levante Las Planas against Real Madrid. FYI - Toni Payne has also played as AM for the Falcons and acquainted herself well enough, vs. Costa Rica.

So, the fact that someone might have a contrary opinion to yours regarding Debbie Ajibola, means the person is related to her? That would have been laughable, had it not been really pathetic.
Last time I checked, this same domestic league were where the same Onyenezide that you've advocated for plies her trade? And your point is what again?

Anyone satisfied with Ajibade as AM doesn't mean well for this team sincerely. We have a creativity issue and Ajibade can NEVER be the solution. We need others if we want to compete, not only at wafcon, but at this star studded WWC.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
daveP:

Anyone satisfied with Ajibade as AM doesn't mean well for this team sincerely. We have a creativity issue and Ajibade can NEVER be the solution. We need others if we want to compete, not only at wafcon, but at this star studded WWC.

I sincerely thought that was obvious. Ajibade as AM or anywhere in the midfield for that matter is a disaster. I'll rather have a Rita Chikwelu or Okobi in midfield than Ajibade.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
lovewins:

I sincerely thought that was obvious. Ajibade as AM or anywhere in the midfield for that matter is a disaster. I'll rather have a Rita Chikwelu or Okobi in midfield than Ajibade.
At this point, it's looking more like personal interest than the team's interest if anyone thinks like that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
Gift Monday provides the assist for the winner in UDG Tenerife’s hard-fought away league victory.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
AkinDS:

The set up the falcons play is 4-3-3, with 1 AM and 2 defensive minded CMs. So, you don't need 4 AMs but you need backups for the 2CM, 1 each = 4. Don't know why that is so difficult to comprehend.

Ajibade has proven her versatility as an AM for the Falcons, so no point rehashing that obvious fact. When last did Okobi play as an AM for her club? You have 3 CM options, of which 1 of them is suspended for 2 matches. Randy typically plays with 2 CMs so that means you would have no replacements. Lately, Ucheibe has had situations where she crops up an injury and needed to be replaced. So, who do you bring in, wise guy?
Regarding you question about Okobi - Today, perhaps, for Levante Las Planas against Real Madrid. FYI - Toni Payne has also played as AM for the Falcons and acquainted herself well enough, vs. Costa Rica.

So, the fact that someone might have a contrary opinion to yours regarding Debbie Ajibola, means the person is related to her? That would have been laughable, had it not been really pathetic.
Last time I checked, this same domestic league were where the same Onyenezide that you've advocated for plies her trade? And your point is what again?

As it stands I won’t even try it playing Rasheedat Ajibade in Attacking Midfield ahead of Echegini and Okobi.. it’s a No No for me.

Ajibade even need to improve more because in terms of Crosses from the Flank she’s zero, That’s one aspect of her game she needs to really work on

In their Last two games at Atletico Madrid with the ACL injury to Ludmila their Coach have started playing 4-3-3 and Ajibade played from the right wing in the first then from the Left wing in the second game

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
The 11 🔴⚪ for #AtletiValencia

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
Waldrum on when he will leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr2sDWG8VXo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
Common Ajibade is a better mildfielder than both okobi and chikwelu combined together
lovewins:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ajibade has always play upward for Athletico and you kept hammering about crossing can kanu cross the ball ? Esther? when last did ordega delivered a decent cross ? Ajibade had couple of bad games and you're throwing her under the bus , from super falcons to super eagles you will struggle to find a player that can cross the ball
Deltamani:

As it stands I won’t even try it playing Rasheedat Ajibade in Attacking Midfield ahead of Echegini and Okobi.. it’s a No No for me.

Ajibade even need to improve more because in terms of Crosses from the Flank she’s zero, That’s one aspect of her game she needs to really work on

In their Last two games at Atletico Madrid with the ACL injury to Ludmila their Coach have started playing 4-3-3 and Ajibade played from the right wing in the first then from the Left wing in the second game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
Edo Queens vs Robo Queens

Good football. Poor refereeing though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kywzdSHKM

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
isan:
Common Ajibade is a better mildfielder than both okobi and chikwelu combined together

Remove sentiments and you'll realise she's not.

Go see the games she strictly functioned as a midfielder and you'll see the obvious
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
Chikwelu better has an attacking mildfielder is big cap , Okobi has past her best since like 5 years ago
lovewins:

Remove sentiments and you'll realise she's not.

Go see the games she strictly functioned as a midfielder and you'll see the obvious
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2023
isan:
Chikwelu better has an attacking mildfielder is big cap , Okobi has past her best since like 5 years ago

Oya tell us 3 good Ajibade performances at AMF?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

He needs to mention games where Ajibade did well in that position. It's tiring at this point. Saying she doesn't function well as AM doesn't mean she's a bad player. Even with a deficit with crossing the ball, I'll rather play her above everyone else on the wings cause on her good day she'll dassle.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
Uchenna Kanu starts for Racing Louisville but had to be taken out 42minutes after a head injury… Will she be available for the April FIFA Window?

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2023
You should tell chikwelu good performance as attacking mildfielder
BascoVanVeli:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 12:08am On Apr 02, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Waldrum on when he will leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr2sDWG8VXo
Thank God,his days are numbered. After world cup baba go meuve.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:19am On Apr 02, 2023
4 Games, 5 Goals
Chinonyerem Macleans continues her good start to the season for Lokomotiv Moscow

Nigeria forward, Macleans Chinonyerem on Saturday scored in her fourth consecutive league match for the Russian side, Lokomotiv Moscow as the team earned a 1-0 win over FK Rostov.

She had scored four goals in the first three games of the campaign leading to Saturday’s encounter.
Macleans had to wait till the 89th minute to score the winning goal for Lokomotiv Moscow.

The former Bobruichanka star also had the chance to increase her side’s lead before the end of the game but she missed from the penalty spot.
The goal increased her tally to five after four goals and tied at the top of the goal scorer’s chart.
Polish and Zenit St. Petersburg defender, Gabriela Grzywinska has also scored five goals after four games.

Lokomotiv Moscow occupy the third position on the log despite its perfect record albeit on inferior goal difference behind CSKA Moscow and Zenit St. Petersburg.

The table is set to take a different shape after the international break as Zenit host Lokomotiv Moscow on April 15 at the Gazprom Academy.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2023
Solid at the Back for Leicester City Women

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
CHRISTY WINS 🏆!! Taca of the League Champion with SL Benfica Women 👏

Congratulations @u.christy4

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2023
Deltamani:
CHRISTY WINS 🏆!! Taca of the League Champion with SL Benfica Women 👏

Congratulations @u.christy4

African female Kante!!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (1082) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.