Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (809350 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1074) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Don't forget about that Lyonnais woman who recently won the Balon Dor, 23 year old Ada Hegerberg. That is the lady we should be wary of in the Norwegian team and not Isabel.

She and her elder sister has not been playing for the Norwegian National team for a year now.... I can't figure the reasons out yet

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
Group D is statistically the strongest group for France 2019 judging by the average FIFA ranking of the group.

I welcome SA to their first world cup but I am afraid the welcome will be a hellish one. That group B na die!!! Their only chance will come against China perhaps... Spain and Germany will be too strong for South Africa.

As for Cameroun, I don't see them surviving the onslaught of the bad ass enterprising Dutch ladies led by Mertens (#11). They are the Reigning Euro champs and deservedly so.

Canada too will be too strong for Cameroun but I think Cameroun may stand a bit of a chance against New Zealand. But again, New Zealand can surprise.

For the Super Falcons... I don't see us beating France on their home turf.. it may happen but that will take some blood and sweat and really badass tactical maneuver from Dennerby. He is used to these Euro teams having led Sweden against most of them for a few years so he will know how to set up against them. France will not have it easy against us either but they are the favorites to take 3 points off us. They are a super side..... Thanks goodness they are not our first game.
But that first game against Norway is also as tough as facing the French. Norway got Ada Hegerberg for Goodness sake!!! That is the 5th best alltime ranking record goal scorer in Uefa women's champions league history with 42 goals currently. The all time best is 51 held by Germany's Anja Mittag. That is just 9 goals left for her to equal it and she is still only 23 yrs old!!!!

Listen Ehn... We got a big battle on our hands in that first game. We can get a result against the Norwegians but it depends on two things.
1. We being able to create our own chances and be really clinical

2. We being able to keep Ada Hegerberg f**King quiet by being defensively organised and frustrating for the Norwegian attack and midfield.

I think the Super Falcons can make it out of this group either as runners-up or among the best third placed teams. We just have to be well prepared and I believe the Girls will cross the first round hurdle.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2018
Don't worry about that. They will recall her sharp sharp... This is the World cup we are talking about. For me I am bracing up to meet her in our first game. Onome Ebi (our Sergio Ramos) and Ohale should just get ready to face Hegerberg and if she doesn't show up then no wahala... At least their mental and physical prep to face Hegerberg will put them in good stead to face whosoever Norway lines up as their top 9 that day.

Schemerkhiz:

She and her elder sister has not been playing for the Norwegian National team for some years now.... I can't figure the reasons out yet

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2018
On September 9, 2017 Norway striker and 2016 UEFA Women's Player of the Year Ada Hegerberg announced she was taking a break from international duty, and was unsure when or if she would return.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Against the Norwegian side it will be an open game for both teams... Ada and Adriene Hergeberg are not playing for the Norwegian national team due to some issues not yet settled...
Ada Hergaberg who plays for Lyon Women Football Club in France is One of the most prolific top 9 in the Women's Football game, she won't be available to face the Superfalcons except the issues is been resolved before then. Norway's Ada Hegerberg wins women's Ballon d'Or ...
oh...ada?? thanks
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2018
Our Goalkeepers for the World Cup....
1. Tochukwu Oluehi. 3rd appearance (2007, 2011, 2019). 2. Alaba Jonathan. 2nd appearance ( 2011, 2019) 3. Chiamaka Nnadozie. 1st appearance
Defenders 1. Ngozi Ebere 2nd appearance ( 2015, 2019) 2. Onome Ebi 5th appearance (2003, 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019) 3. Osinachi Ohale 3rd appearance (2011, 2015, 2019) 4. Josephine Chukwunonye 3rd appearance (2011, 2015, 2019) 5. Faith Ikidi 4th appearance (2003, 2007, 2011, 2019) 6. Ugo Njoku 2nd appearance ( 2015, 2019) 7. Glory Ogbonna 1st appearance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2018
Possible Midfielders for the Women's World Cup in France 1. Rita Chikwelu 3rd appearance (2007,2011, 2019) 2. Ngozi Okobi 2nd appearance ( 2015, 2019) 3. Halimatu Ayinde 2nd appearance (2015, 2019) 4. Amarachi Okoronkwo 1st appearance 5. Evelyn Nwabuoku 2nd appearance (2015, 2019) 6. Osarenoma Igbinovia 1st appearance.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
this Ada sef ... can she replicate her club form for her country ?... I don't think so. She might be good but can she singlehandedly win a match ? u don't think so. Am not underestimating her but I don't expect her to be a threat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Possible Midfielders for the Women's World Cup in France
1. Rita Chikwelu 3rd appearance (2007,2011, 2019)
2. Ngozi Okobi 2nd appearance ( 2015, 2019)
3. Halimatu Ayinde 2nd appearance (2015, 2019)
4. Amarachi Okoronkwo 1st appearance
5. Evelyn Nwabuoku 2nd appearance (2015, 2019)
6. Osarenoma Igbinovia 1st appearance.
will love to add Ayila and Ajibade
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2018
possible strikers
1. Desire Oparanozie 3rd appearance ( 2011, 2015, 2019)
2. Asisat Oshoala 2nd appearance ( 2015, 2019)
3. Francisca Ordega 3rd appearance ( 2011, 2015, 2019)
4. Ebere Orji 2nd appearance ( 2011, 2019)
5.Oghonna Chukwudi 3rd appearance (2007, 2011, 2019)
6. Chinwendu Ihezuo 1st appearance
7. Rasheedat Ajibade 1st appearance

Stand by strikers
1.Chinaza Uchendu
2. Anam Imo.... the influence of Maureen Mmadu can still carry her to the World Cup.
3. Courtney Dike
4 Uchechi Sunday
5. Ini Umotong
6.. Uchenna Kanu have a 99% of chance if called upon

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:19am On Dec 09, 2018
Nigeria’s WC matches:
June 8: Norway v Nigeria at 2pm
June 12: Nigeria v Korea Republic at 2pm
June 17: Nigeria v France at 8pm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:27am On Dec 09, 2018
If the Super Falcons finish 3rd in the group, they’d most likely meet Germany in the Round of 16. But if they finish 2nd, the SF would likely face either Brazil or Australia in the same round.

I think I’d prefer the latter scenario. The Matildas and the Brazilians are a step below the efficient and clinical Germans.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
possible strikers

Stand by strikers
1.Chinaza Uchendu
2. Anam Imo.... the influence of Maureen Mmadu can still carry her to the World Cup.
3. Courtney Dike
4 Uchechi Sunday
5. Ini Umotong
oparanozie should be afraid
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:13am On Dec 09, 2018
PDPGuy:
If the Super Falcons finish 3rd in the group, they’d most likely meet Germany in the Round of 16. But if they finish 2nd, the SF would likely face either Brazil or Australia in the same round.

I think I’d prefer the latter scenario. The Matildas and the Brazilians are a step below the efficient and clinical Germans.
what if we came first?
my brother ,all those countries you mentioned, there is no guarantee they will come out of group stage.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2018
PDPGuy:

With this teams defence then we may frustrate any team in the knockout stages. Best to try qualify from the group first. After that then the defence carries the team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2018
PDPGuy:
Nigeria’s WC matches:
June 8: Norway v Nigeria at 2pm
June 12: Nigeria v Korea Republic at 2pm
June 17: Nigeria v France at 8pm

After sleeping on it. I don't see this as a tough group. We should be able to get the job done before we play France. This is not as tough as last time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
mostob:
oparanozie should be afraid
Afraid of what
On a good day. the Oparanozie I know if inform is one of the most ruthless striker we have. Her spot is 100% safe. All we pray for is for her to be fully fit and inform...

Among our three top strikers at the last AWCON in Ghana.... Francisca Ordega is the most skillful and complete striker the superfalcons can boost of. She uses both feet effectively. She is strong, fast, deadly in front of goal, experienced and was the most inform striker among the 3 O - O - O forward performed better than the rest..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
possible strikers

Stand by strikers
1.Chinaza Uchendu
3. Courtney Dike
4 Uchechi Sunday
5. Ini Umotong

Honestly I do not understand the fuss about Rasheedat Ajibade. She should not be in the team period. On bench on not. It is not yet her time. Chinaza Uchendu is a better striker. The coach better include Ihezuo even if ahead of Oparanozie or Oshoala. Only Ordega might be better than her. I think Uchenna Kanu is still in formation. She should be tried out at AWCON first, no need to include her. Ordega, Oparanozie and Oshoala need a mental change. An Ogonna Chukwudi or Ebere Orji if they are still in form should be included. Uchechi Sunday is too heavy.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Afraid of what
On a good day. the Oparanozie I know if inform is one of the most ruthless striker we have. Her spot is 100% safe. All we pray for is for her to be fully fit and inform...

Among our three top strikers at the last AWCON in Ghana.... Francisca Ordega is the most skillful and complete striker the superfalcons can boost of. She uses both feet effectively. She is strong, fast, deadly in front of goal, experienced and was the most inform striker among the 3 O - O - O forward performed better than the rest..
I knew her to be deadly but her performance at AWCON is not up to standard.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
naijaseeker:

Honestly I do not understand the fuss about Rasheedat Ajibade. She should not be in the team period. On bench on not. It is not yet her time. Chinaza Uchendu is a better striker. The coach better include Ihezuo even if ahead of Oparanozie or Oshoala. Only Ordega might be better than her. I think Uchenna Kanu is still in formation. She should be tried out at AWCON first, no need to include her. Ordega, Oparanozie and Oshoala need a mental change. An Ogonna Chukwudi or Ebere Orji if they are still in form should be included. Uchechi Sunday is too heavy.
Ajibade is just like Ozil. They both have that defence splitting pass in their locker but are damn lazy. Like you said,she should wait for her time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

After sleeping on it. I don't see this as a tough group. We should be able to get the job done before we play France. This is not as tough as last time.
in fact,France gan go collect.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2018
mostob:
I knew her to be deadly but her performance at AWCON is not up to standard.
watch Ordega very well against top European and American side she is always our best performing striker... Her experience of playing in US and having played in Sweden, Australia and Spain gives her the nod over the rest.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

watch Ordega very well against top European and American side she is always our best performing striker... Her experience of playing in US and having played in Sweden, Australia and Spain gives her the nod over the rest.
actually, am referring to oparanozie ..ordega is a baller
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
WWC: The Reason World's Best Footballer Asked To Be Left Out Of Squad To Face Nigeria On June 8

Published: December 09, 2018
WWC: The Reason World's Best Footballer Asked To Be Left Out Of Squad To Face Nigeria On June 8
Ada Hegerberg, who recently won the first women's Ballon d'Or, has asked to be left out of the Norway squad for next summer's FIFA Women's World Cup, meaning she will not take to the pitch when the Scandinavians meet Nigeria in their mouthwatering opener on June 8.

Around one and a half years ago, the Lyon star announced her decision to take a break from the national team and she still stands by that decision which surprised the Football Association of Norway and manager Martin Sjögren.

Speaking to Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, Hegerberg stated : ''I'm doing something about it. In order for me to proceed, I make a choice.

''If that's a disgusting choice, I'll take that choice anyway, because I know it's the only way out for me.''

Last season, Hegerberg scored 53 goals in all competitions for Lyon, of which 15 were in the Champions League won by her French team.

The Super Falcons suffered their biggest loss in World Cup history after they were beaten 8-0 by Norway in the 1995 tournament held in Sweden.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
olapluto:

With this teams defence then we may frustrate any team in the knockout stages. Best to try qualify from the group first. After that then the defence carries the team.
Yeah
It’s like Dennerby showed us a preview on the Falcons main strategy at the World Cup. The team would be a counter-attacking team playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
mostob:
actually, am referring to oparanozie ..ordega is a baller

If you were opportune to watch the superfalcons friendly game against France last April.. you will see a difference between the oparanozie that played the AWCON and that friendly game...
She tormented the French side alot in every way she could.. she might be our no1 treat against the French side.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Published: December 09, 2018
Ada Hegerberg, who recently won the first women's Ballon d'Or, has asked to be left out of the Norway squad for next summer's FIFA Women's World Cup, meaning she will not take to the pitch when the Scandinavians meet Nigeria in their mouthwatering opener on June 8.

Around one and a half years ago, the Lyon star announced her decision to take a break from the national team and she still stands by that decision which surprised the Football Association of Norway and manager Martin Sjögren.

Speaking to Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, Hegerberg stated : ''I'm doing something about it. In order for me to proceed, I make a choice.

''If that's a disgusting choice, I'll take that choice anyway, because I know it's the only way out for me.''

Last season, Hegerberg scored 53 goals in all competitions for Lyon, of which 15 were in the Champions League won by her French team.

The Super Falcons suffered their biggest loss in World Cup history after they were beaten 8-0 by Norway in the 1995 tournament held in Sweden.

Interesting..
Even if she plays for Norway next summer, there is still a possibility of the Super Falcons beating them if her supporting cast are bang average.

But, truly, she is the female Messi/Ronaldo sha. Scoring 53 goals in ONE season is a super-human achievement!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
I wish we could lay hand on Chioma Ubogagu...
Our 3 regular starters need competition from other strikers for starting berth...
Oghonna Chukwudi, Ebere Orji have been there before, they should be look into.
I can't include Sarah Michael right now, she has been playing with a knee guard over 1 year now. She can't possibly give all because she needs to protect her Left knee from injury.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
PDPGuy:

Interesting..
Even if she plays for Norway next summer, there is still a possibility of the Super Falcons beating them if her supporting cast are bang average.

But, truly, she is the female Messi/Ronaldo sha. Scoring 53 goals in ONE season is a super-human achievement!
Uchenna Kanu of Southeastern University Football team have currently scored 56goals this season for her team.. The 20yrs old should be given a chance the way Courtney Dike was given while still playing for Oklahoma State University.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
mostob:
Ajibade is just like Ozil. They both have that defence splitting pass in their locker but are damn lazy. Like you said,she should wait for her time.
This is really unfair on Ajibade the way some people talk about her here. Actually, maybe one or two people. She is very very good, and I stand by that. Her first touch, and ball sense is probably the best in the falcons team as at today.
Ajibade is a victim of her own success. At U20 level, the coach put too much on her. Still she took the team to quarter finals at last U20 world cup.

Even in Ghana, we saw what she did. Her beautiful goal, and commanding performances. She's DEFINITELY going to France if she's fit.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
The team should try to start working on Fitness from now on. Our girls were all heavy in Ghana. I really really hope to hear news of Friendly matches from NFF before Christmas. By January, most serious teams would have been playing high quality friendlies.

Sadly, this NFF is for Super Eagles only, and the world cup coincides with Nations cup, so, I fear for the girls.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, said: “It is a draw that tells us that we have to do everything we can to prepare the team well for the competition.

“Presently, we have lined up two tournaments in China and Cyprus for the team, and we are talking with a few countries and organisers for matches and tournaments.

“We will give the Head Coach and his team the necessary support to prepare the team adequately for the competition.”

These are the word's of the NFF president..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (1074) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.