Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,423 members, 7,850,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (830233 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1082) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2023
Deltamani:
CAMP UPDATE: Desire Oparanozie joined us before launch time in Antalya. We are now 20 in camp. Still expected are US based quartet - Ifeoma Onumonu, Michelle Alozie, Jennifer Onyi Echegini, Uchenna Kanu and Osinachi Ohale

Report from Gotham FC, US is that Ifeoma Onumonu is out with an Hip injury
Where is Desire? is she camera shy? grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Billyjoe001: 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
https://sportsjoust.com/super-falcons-turkey-camp-bubbles/

I am loving this good spirit. Maybe there is hope there in the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2023
mostob:
Oshoala maybe... Or Oparanozie if she still got some beef...

Oh..just saw the update now...it is Ify

Both are in Camp already… Asisat trained this morning, but Oparanozie arrived after this morning training…

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
Women's International Friendly

Ghana 🇬🇭 v Algeria 🇩🇿 cancelled

Ghana 🇬🇭 have lined up Senegal 🇸🇳 as a replacement matches scheduled for the same dates April 8 April 11

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Deltamani:

Both are in Camp already… Asisat trained this morning, but Oparanozie arrived after this morning training…
Ok sir
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:54am On Apr 06, 2023
🏮CAMP UPDATE: Uchenna Kanu has also joined us in Antalya. Now 21 in camp. Still expected are US based duo - Michelle Alozie and Jennifer Onyi Echegini

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:48am On Apr 06, 2023
Big9…..Desire Oparanozie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2023
🚨Super Falcons skipper Onome Ebi is content with her decision to play for Abia Angels who are managed by an assistant coach of the national team, Ann Chiejine.

🗣”Abia Angels is the best place for me at this moment because I have my National team coach to help and monitor my training,” she tells Tobex Media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2023
One picture we've all waited and wanted to see. Yes, it is happening people! Superzee and Opagoal are back. Our 8 and 9

Let the world wait for the Falcons.

The most dreaded attacking duo in Africa for the past ten years.

Let the party begin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
Deltamani:
🚨Super Falcons skipper Onome Ebi is content with her decision to play for Abia Angels who are managed by an assistant coach of the national team, Ann Chiejine.

🗣”Abia Angels is the best place for me at this moment because I have my National team coach to help and monitor my training,” she tells Tobex Media.

Wait, is this a norm around or it's uniquely us?

Asst coach and managing a club at same time? Is that proper atall?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
Deltamani:

She should respect herself and leave the team after the world cup biko. Joining Abia Angels is simply to dispel criticism about her being clubless.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2023
daveP:

Wait, is this a norm around or it's uniquely us?

Asst coach and managing a club at same time? Is that proper atall?

National team coaches traditionally are full time gigs whether head or assistant.

These dual roles are exceptions, though not necessarily peculiar to Nigeria. Also, it became more pronounced when we had to find local coaches to attach to foreign coaches under the guise of knowledge transfer.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
Deltamani:
🏮CAMP UPDATE: Uchenna Kanu has also joined us in Antalya. Now 21 in camp. Still expected are US based duo - Michelle Alozie and Jennifer Onyi Echegini

They are both in camp now and doesn't look like we are expecting any more persons.

I have mixed feelings sha. Ok the one hand, glad we'll get to see Ashleigh and Demehin play the CB role. On the other hand, conflicted we keep having key positions rotated this close to the world cup. It's obvious Ohale will be CB1 at the world cup, so would be better if she gets more playing time with whoever will be no 2 at the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2023
lovewins:

National team coaches traditionally are full time gigs whether head or assistant.

These dual roles are exceptions, though not necessarily peculiar to Nigeria. Also, it became more pronounced when we had to find local coaches to attach to foreign coaches under the guise of knowledge transfer.
another extension of our football mishap in the country. Perhaps that is a way to earn cash that nff will stall. Wise plan maybe.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2023
lovewins:

They are both in camp now and doesn't look like we are expecting any more persons.

I have mixed feelings sha. Ok the one hand, glad we'll get to see Ashleigh and Demehin play the CB role. On the other hand, conflicted we keep having key positions rotated this close to the world cup. It's obvious Ohale will be CB1 at the world cup, so would be better if she gets more playing time with whoever will be no 2 at the world cup.

Yeah yeah, Osinachi Ohale is certainly our no.1 CB for the World Cup but right now it’s a battle between Ashleigh Plumptre and Fast rising Blessing Demehin… to who gets to pair with Ohale.. At the WAFCON Ohale and Plumtre pair didn’t do bad though when the Occasion arises.. But right now Demehin is proving that you can’t look past her…

If it’s a 3 CB defense, then Demehin — Ohale — Plumptre can pair up.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2023
lovewins:

She should respect herself and leave the team after the world cup biko. Joining Abia Angels is simply to dispel criticism about her being clubless.

I wish say she knows all this things, She’s fighting for the record of the First African to play in 6 World Cup both Man/Woman.

Mama nor wan Retire when the ovation still da high…

We already have her replacement Blessing Demehin who came in at the right time..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
Deltamani:
One picture we've all waited and wanted to see. Yes, it is happening people! Superzee and Opagoal are back. Our 8 and 9

Let the world wait for the Falcons.

The most dreaded attacking duo in Africa for the past ten years.

Let the party begin!

If Randy is to play Asisat Oshoala and Desire Oparanozie at same time, then their 3rd partner upfront must be more of a Play maker ooo

Someone who can make things happen for this 2 to finish.. Fransisca Ordega na da do am that year, but as it stands she who do you guys think can supply those Crosses, excellent runs and deliveries into the box for them?

Ajibade,, Esther,, Kanu,, Monday,,??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 3:22pm On Apr 06, 2023
Deltamani:

If Randy is to play Asisat Oshoala and Desire Oparanozie at same time, then their 3rd partner upfront must be more of a Play maker ooo

Someone who can make things happen for this 2 to finish.. Fransisca Ordega na da do am that year, but as it stands she who do you guys think can supply those Crosses, excellent runs and deliveries into the box for them?

...Ajibade or Esther will be fine, i do not know if Esther is at her best yet, Uche can come in for any of the 3 if the are having a bad day...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2023
Deltamani:

....what time is the match tomorrow and who are we playing 2mw...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Finalissima.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2023
naptu2:
Finalissima.

Brazil missing few of their key players, let’s see how they perform against Coach Sari side…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2023
Kivivobet:
SolidPredictz !!! Welcome you all to a daily free VIP sports betting with 95% money back guarantee on bets.

👉 Telegram group @SolidPredictz

Top 5 Football Predictions Today

⚽Denmark - Pokalen⚽
Silkeborg
SønderjyskE
🎯HWEH - YES
💰1.36

⚽Romania - Cupa României⚽
CFR Cluj
FC Argeş
🎯1
💰1.45

⚽Italy - Serie C, Girone B⚽
Reggiana
Fermana
🎯1
💰1.24

⚽Poland - Ekstraklasa⚽
Górnik
Korona
🎯Over 1.5 Goals
💰1.27

⚽France - Coupe de France⚽
Annecy
Toulouse
🎯Over 1.5 Goals
💰1.26

Total Odds 3.89 💰💰💰💰💰

Good Luck 👍

Search Telegram Group: @SolidPredictz

GAMES POSTED DAILY !!!

Boss please we don't do that here. Kindly create a thread for that. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
FT: 🇨🇿 Czech 2-0 Morocco 🇲🇦
[Szewieczková 45' 73']

📅 April 11: Romania vs Morocco |

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
FT: England 1-1 (4-2p) Brazil
[Ella Toone 23' / Andressa Alves 90'+3]

🏆 European champions England beat South American champions Brazil on penalties to win the first-ever Women's Finalissima in front of a packed crowd of 83,132 at Wembley.

Coach Sarina Wiegman's unbeaten run at the helm of England extends to a remarkable 30 matches. INCREDIBLE.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
Lovely Finallismo match.

Im not carried away by the show of the 8&9 in camp. But glad they show us they happy.

It's like Michelle Alozie may never play as Winger for us. I hate the feeling that gives me. She has crossing and feints, counter attack speed. This life ehn!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
daveP:
Lovely Finallismo match.

Im not carried away by the show of the 8&9 in camp. But glad they show us they happy.

It's like Michelle Alozie may never play as Winger for us. I hate the feeling that gives me. She has crossing and feints, counter attack speed. This life ehn!!

No much big deal there, she isn’t the first or the last to play different positions for both Club and Country.. At least she’s still playing from the wing but as a Defender and she needs to up her defensive side of the game..! If she’s to make the team she would have to play as a Defender…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2023
Deltamani:
FT: England 1-1 (4-2p) Brazil
[Ella Toone 23' / Andressa Alves 90'+3]

🏆 European champions England beat South American champions Brazil on penalties to win the first-ever Women's Finalissima in front of a packed crowd of 83,132 at Wembley.

Coach Sarina Wiegman's unbeaten run at the helm of England extends to a remarkable 30 matches. INCREDIBLE.

This is the team (England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿)to beat at the World Cup. They have a serious Federation. Their investments really paid off not like what we have in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:07am On Apr 07, 2023
Deltamani:

No much big deal there, she isn’t the first or the last to play different positions for both Club and Country.. At least she’s still playing from the wing but as a Defender and she needs to up her defensive side of the game..! If she’s to make the team she would have to play as a Defender…

That's the issue. Ya expecting an attack minded player to just suddenly hack defending intelligence just like that? Besides that was an emergency switch. Are we to assume the emergency is still active from that year till now? What does that say about management.

We also clamor for Ashleigh to be played in her more favorable position but suddenly don't want same for Alozie? Haba na.

Saka can play LB for club or country. But the football world will vex if they choose LB first for him(even if he was awesome there).

Let's just see the natural side of Alozie and let someone else be burdened with such defending intelligence which she obviously lacks. What her crossing game can do now that Oparanozie is back.... Im just for playing to our top strengths and nothing more.

I believe you see this too.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:03am On Apr 07, 2023
daveP:

That's the issue. Ya expecting an attack minded player to just suddenly hack defending intelligence just like that? Besides that was an emergency switch. Are we to assume the emergency is still active from that year till now? What does that say about management.

We also clamor for Ashleigh to be played in her more favorable position but suddenly don't want same for Alozie? Haba na.

Saka can play LB for club or country. But the football world will vex if they choose LB first for him(even if he was awesome there).

Let's just see the natural side of Alozie and let someone else be burdened with such defending intelligence which she obviously lacks. What her crossing game can do now that Oparanozie is back.... Im just for playing to our top strengths and nothing more.

I believe you see this too.

Funny thing is, she's listed as a defender now even in Houston Dash. I probably would have strongly agreed with you 2 years ago, and now in part because Ajibade cannot cross to save her life. Having however seen Mitchell also play, she has same problem. She's also terrible crossing the ball (gets lucky sometimes) and then she's also very clumsy. One of her positives is that she obviously trumps Ajibade when it comes to set pieces.

I also do not think her defensive role is the problem, I think the problem is she hasn't gotten the help needed to help her grow in that role. As a wing back, she can play exactly the same role she would have as a winger.

Remember Victor Moses also did same for Chelsea, then the National team. Ola Aina (who's also converted) does very well offensively. Alexandra Trent of Liverpool does same thing. Mitchell only needs someone who will help her grow in her role and she'll be fine. Sadly she doesn't have that in the Super Falcons. The only club that I know does that effortlessly is Barcelona Femini. Rolfo is currently playing that role now. She was converted and she does that so well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:18am On Apr 07, 2023
lovewins:

Funny thing is, she's listed as a defender now even in Houston Dash. I probably would have strongly agreed with you 2 years ago, and now in part because Ajibade cannot cross to save her life. Having however seen Mitchell also play, she has same problem. She's also terrible crossing the ball (gets lucky sometimes) and then she's also very clumsy. One of her positives is that she obviously trumps Ajibade when it comes to set pieces.

I also do not think her defensive role is the problem, I think the problem is she hasn't gotten the help needed to help her grow in that role. As a wing back, she can play exactly the same role she would have as a winger.

Remember Victor Moses also did same for Chelsea, then the National team. Ola Aina (who's also converted) does very well offensively. Alexandra Trent of Liverpool does same thing. Mitchell only needs someone who will help her grow in her role and she'll be fine. Sadly she doesn't have that in the Super Falcons. The only club that I know does that effortlessly is Barcelona Femini. Rolfo is currently playing that role now. She was converted and she does that so well.

In Modern Day football you as a player need to be Versatile at least play two different positions, sometimes a Coach might not want to move a player to another position for your sake but rather move you to another just to fit his/her formation..

It’s left for Alozie to adapt as it seems the Right Back position is where she would be able to get good game time.,

Alozie also make some simple mistakes like when to pass the ball and who to pass to just to save her the stress of Misplacing passes but she would end up running into traffic with the ball..

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (1082) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.