Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794156 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
85' Long throw from Nigeria and a header goes wide of target. �� 2-0 ��
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Our coach is pure rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
88' Substitution in China: 2-Wu Chengshu replaces 17-Gu Yasha. �� 2-0 ��
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
90' Substitutes Umotong, Ajibade and Ogebe spearheading @NGSuper_Falcons attack in search for a late equaliser. Still China �� 2-0 �� Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
90+2' GOAL! Great long ball from Wu Chengshu at far post to the striker Li Ying. She finishes well to score the third from China tonight and her second. �� 3-0 ��
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2019
FT: China 3-0 Nigeria (Zhang Rui 9', Li Ying 64' 90+2'). The Steel Roses start well the year and will face South Korea on the final of the Four Nation Tournament of Meizhou!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
FT: China 3-0 Nigeria (Zhang Rui 9', Li Ying 64' 90+2'). The Steel Roses start well the year and will face South Korea on the final of the Four Nation Tournament of Meizhou!

Our coach is a bum and should be sacked. T
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
90+2' GOAL! Great long ball from Wu Chengshu at far post to the striker Li Ying. She finishes well to score the third from China tonight and her second. �� 3-0 ��

Great offside u mean?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Great offside u mean?
No, it was a Nice Goal..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

No, it was a Nice Goal..

How? The ball touched a player who was clearly offside
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
The First Goal

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
It could have been more, we have decent GK. Dennerby should build from this game & effect necessary adjustments. The next game is against Romania.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
And the second Li Ying's goal

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
It could have been more, we have decent GK. Dennerby should build from this game & effect necessary adjustments. The next game is against Romania.
when pls?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2019
it is glaring,super Falcons need fresh blood.Those old mamas should retire.
EBI and Ohale are good, we need more reliable CBs in case both are injured
Ayinde is good but she need a decent back up
Chikwelu is heavy,she is good too but an energetic alternatives won't be a bad idea
Okobi,she is good but she needs a back up too.Ajibade is not mobile enough to play her role.i would suggest Oshoala be moved to the AM.
Umotong should be able to give Desire a stiff competition.
our wingers are good....Dike Franny. who else?
Oluehi has already prove herself,we need a reliable back up also.
Dennerby has been dissapointing but i will still give him a benefit of doubt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
Halimatu Ayinde is not a natural Defensive midfielder...
the team lack a natural Ball winner in the midfield. The Coaches should bring back Evelyn Nwabuoku or better still a Younger DM like Christy Ucheibe, Osarenoma Igbinovia is also a good player in that position.
mostob:
it is glaring,super Falcons need fresh blood.Those old mamas should retire.
EBI and Ohale are good, we need more reliable CBs in case both are injured
Ayinde is good but she need a decent back up
Chikwelu is heavy,she is good too but an energetic alternatives won't be a bad idea
Okobi,she is good but she needs a back up too.Ajibade is not mobile enough to play her role.i would suggest Oshoala be moved to the AM.
Umotong should be able to give Desire a stiff competition.
our wingers are good....Dike Franny. who else?
Oluehi has already prove herself,we need a reliable back up also.
Dennerby has been dissapointing but i will still give him a benefit of doubt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
the team lack a natural Ball winner in the midfield. The Coaches should bring back Evelyn Nwabuoku or better still a Younger DM like Christy Ucheibe, Osarenoma Igbinovia is also a good player in that position.
The sad part is that none of those players you mentioned were in that squad. This coach must be clueless.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2019
The Dennerby dude was brought to kill Nigerian female game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Africans are not visionary. Nigerians are the worst aspect of the statement. What will cause the coach to bring in younger players instead of these tired and old legs? The Nigerian female team needs injection of players such as Chariity Ucheibe, Peace Efih, Grace Igboamalu, Tessy Biahwo, Osarenoma Igbinovia and Florence Ijamilusi in the midfield.

In addition, can someone tell the dumbass NFF bosses to hire Peter Dededvo as the coach of the Falcons?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
DerideGull:

Africans are not visionary. Nigerians are the worst aspect of the statement. What will cause the coach to bring in younger players instead of these tired and old legs? The Nigerian female team needs injection of players such as Chariity Ucheibe, Peace Efih, Grace Igboamalu, Tessy Biahwo, Osarenoma Igbinovia and Florence Ijamilusi in the midfield.

In addition, can someone tell the dumbass NFF bosses to hire Peter Dededvo as the coach of the Falcons?

The NFF would hire Maureen Madu when Dennerby’s deal expires. Then, Dedevbo would likely be her Assistant.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
I watched the full 90 minutes, and I think I saw what the coach was trying to achieve. I think Anam Imo will definitely improve. Uchendu will probably not make it to the world cup if she doesnt improve drastically. Ihezuo is a good squad player.
Thomas Dennerby is still to get the attacking groove on. He is focusing on a compact, disciplined build up, which eliminates player expression.

I think it was a good match, and the team did well. Central midfield is still a massive problem and Osas Igbinovia needs to come in. My biggest fear now is that the coach seems unwilling to try some obviously good players.
Having said that, if we play the way we did today, then we will certainly beat Romania.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
olapluto:
I watched the full 90 minutes, and I think I saw what the coach was trying to achieve. I think Anam Imo will definitely improve. Uchendu will probably not make it to the world cup if she doesnt improve drastically. Ihezuo is a good squad player.
Thomas Dennerby is still to get the attacking groove on. He is focusing on a compact, disciplined build up, which eliminates player expression.

I think it was a good match, and the team did well. Central midfield is still a massive problem and Osas Igbinovia needs to come in. My biggest fear now is that the coach seems unwilling to try some obviously good players.
Having said that, if we play the way we did today, then we will certainly beat Romania.

If this man stays we will not win a single game at the world cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

If this man stays we will not win a single game at the world cup
I think he is doing OK in making our team more compact. What he's lacking is creativity, and I quite understand. He's typical Swede (like Lars Lagerback). He will make us boring going forward, but compact-ish at the back.
We need creativity in the middle and a lot of wing back overlaps. Faith Ikidi is not going to bomb forward due to her age. We need to inject fresh blood in those positions. I was impressed with the younger players today though. Anam Imo and Ihezuo. I hope we see fresher faces for the Cyprus cup. I for one would like most of the AWCON winners dropped for that tournament, especially the older ones.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:48am On Jan 18, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Patricia George 2018 Season Highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl9gefjaJ-0
There is already a Wing back.....
Patricia George 22yrs from the US, she is typically the New Faith Ikidi. She is fast, Skillful and win the ball the way Faith does... She couldn't come for the Chinese tournament due to Visa delay....
She already confirmed she would be available for selections before the Cyprus Cup..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:52am On Jan 18, 2019
DerideGull:

This 3 players are natural Defensive midfielder
Evelyn Nwabuoku 33yrs (Rivers Angel)
Osarenoma Igbinovia 22yrs (Bayelsa Queen)
Christy Ucheibe 18yrs (Nasarawa Amazon)
they will play the role better than Ayinde and Chikwelu.
Ayinde plays better as a Central or Attacking Midfielder.. you could recall how Florence Omagbemi played her when she was in charge of the team.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:57am On Jan 18, 2019
olapluto:

Chinaza Uchendu wasn't impressive at all, She can't offer what Ordega brings to the attack. She need to improve 100% if she wishes to go to the World Cup..
Anam tried but still need to work harder.
Uchenna Kanu is a better option

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:02am On Jan 18, 2019
Spain and Belgium played a 1 --- 1 Draw today... I believe the Belgium side will give Falcon a tough fight in Cyprus...
And probably, the game against Spain, Canada and Jamaica will also help the Team alot

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Chinaza Uchendu wasn't impressive at all, She can't offer what Ordega brings to the attack. She need to improve 100% if she wishes to go to the World Cup..
Anam tried but still need to work harder.
Uchenna Kanu is a better option

come nah punch kippo wan giv that gal abi wein grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:57am On Jan 20, 2019
Super falcons 1-0 Romania ht
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59am On Jan 20, 2019
Ihezou with the goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:03am On Jan 20, 2019
HT' in Wuhua: Romania WNT 0-1 Nigeria WNT - (Chiwendu Ihezuo 44')
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2019
Nigeria WNT XI vs Romania WNT Thomas Dennerby makes four changes to the
@NGSuper_Falcons side that bowed 3-0 to China on Thursday, with Ordega making a return after she recovered from a slight injury. Nnadozie (GK) Ebi Ohale Ogebe Chikwelu Ajibade Ayinde Ihezuo Imo Ordega

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.