Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806275 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2019
Nigeria WNT XI vs Romania WNT Thomas Dennerby makes four changes to the
@NGSuper_Falcons side that bowed 3-0 to China on Thursday, with Ordega making a return after she recovered from a slight injury. Nnadozie (GK), Ikidi, Ebi, Ohale, Ogebe, Chikwelu, Ajibade, Ayinde, Ihezuo, Imo, Ordega.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Corrosiveman(m): 9:13am On Jan 20, 2019
Link
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:20am On Jan 20, 2019
55' Goal! in Wuhua: The Europeans level matters

Now Romania WNT 1-1 Nigeria WNT -
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:28am On Jan 20, 2019
67' in Wuhua: Romania WNT 1-2 Nigeria WNT (Chiwendu Ihezuo 44', Onome Ebi 63')
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2019
68' Goooal! Super Falcons extend lead in Wuhua

Romania WNT 1-3 Nigeria WNT -
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:38am On Jan 20, 2019
74' in Wuhua: Romania WNT 1-3 Nigeria WNT (Chiwendu Ihezuo 44', Onome Ebi 63', Rita Chikwelu 68')
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2019
Attendance at Wuhua Olympic Sports Stadium - 7, 319
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2019
83' Gooooal!: Romania WNT 1-4 Nigeria WNT
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2019
86' in Wuhua: Romania WNT 1-4 Nigeria WNT

Scorers: (Chiwendu Ihezuo 44',
@EBIONOME
63', Rita Chikwelu 68',
@iumotong
83')
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2019
FT in Wuhua: Romania WNT 1-4 Nigeria WNT -

Goal scorers: (Chiwendu Ihezuo 44',
Onome Ebi 63',
Rita Chikwelu 68',
Ini umotong 83') -
SuperFalcons redeemed themselves with a big win over the Europeans after loss to hosts China

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jieta: 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
olapluto:
I watched the full 90 minutes, and I think I saw what the coach was trying to achieve. I think Anam Imo will definitely improve. Uchendu will probably not make it to the world cup if she doesnt improve drastically. Ihezuo is a good squad player.
Thomas Dennerby is still to get the attacking groove on. He is focusing on a compact, disciplined build up, which eliminates player expression.

I think it was a good match, and the team did well. Central midfield is still a massive problem and Osas Igbinovia needs to come in. My biggest fear now is that the coach seems unwilling to try some obviously good players.
Having said that, if we play the way we did today, then we will certainly beat Romania.
Your prediction did come to pass, but I y think Romania is a top
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jieta: 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
olapluto:
I watched the full 90 minutes, and I think I saw what the coach was trying to achieve. I think Anam Imo will definitely improve. Uchendu will probably not make it to the world cup if she doesnt improve drastically. Ihezuo is a good squad player.
Thomas Dennerby is still to get the attacking groove on. He is focusing on a compact, disciplined build up, which eliminates player expression.

I think it was a good match, and the team did well. Central midfield is still a massive problem and Osas Igbinovia needs to come in. My biggest fear now is that the coach seems unwilling to try some obviously good players.
Having said that, if we play the way we did today, then we will certainly beat Romania.
Your prediction did come to pass, but I don't think Romania is a top female football Nation, at least we got a moral boosting win against them

You have a good knowledge of this team, I'll like to read ur analysis on the next four nation competition.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
since DIKE no play any of the match,wetin we gain. Are they through with the tournament, which match remain? Pls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
Arna-Bjørnar FC of Norway have signed Nigerian Superfalcons Left Back

Norwegian Toppserien side Arna-Bjørnar Fotball have announced the capture of Nigeria international Ngozi Ebere.
The financial terms and duration of the contract signed by the defender have not been disclosed by Arna-Bjørnar.
The 27-year-old would have represented the Super Falcons at the four-nation tournament in China but had problems securing a visa.
Ebere was a key member of the Nigeria squad that won the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations and was also in the winning team of 2014 and 2016.
She began her career in Europe with Paris Saint-Germain and later represented Barcelona FA in Cyprus.
Ebere is in line to make her competitive debut for her new employer when they face Trondheims-ørn in the Toppserien on March 23.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2019
Superfalcons must Work harder!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Onome Ebi has been outstanding.... even at 35yrs she is still Bossing the Superfalcons defence...

Who will Succeed her as soon as she hang up her Boots.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Arna-Bjørnar FC of Norway have signed Nigerian Superfalcons Left Back

Norwegian Toppserien side Arna-Bjørnar Fotball have announced the capture of Nigeria international Ngozi Ebere.
The financial terms and duration of the contract signed by the defender have not been disclosed by Arna-Bjørnar.
The 27-year-old would have represented the Super Falcons at the four-nation tournament in China but had problems securing a visa.
Ebere was a key member of the Nigeria squad that won the 2018 Africa Women Cup of Nations and was also in the winning team of 2014 and 2016.
She began her career in Europe with Paris Saint-Germain and later represented Barcelona FA in Cyprus.
Ebere is in line to make her competitive debut for her new employer when they face Trondheims-ørn in the Toppserien on March 23.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
This is very good. Again, this is what we get from hiring a respected European. The recommendations he will give regarding these players will be reassuring to most European clubs, especially the Nordic countries.
Ngozi Ebere is very good and I expect her to become even better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2019
jieta:
Your prediction did come to pass, but I don't think Romania is a top female football Nation, at least we got a moral boosting win against them

You have a good knowledge of this team, I'll like to read ur analysis on the next four nation competition.
Thank you sir. Romania is not a top footballing nation but they are ranked higher than Nigeria. This is because UEFA gets a massive advantage in FIFA rankings, especially in women football. I think realistically, Nigeria is in top 15 teams in the world.
As for the super falcons, I think they are improving every match, and they will be difficult to beat if they keep this tempo. The team is improving alot defensively. They still have a lot of work to do on crosses and set pieces, but the team is more compact.
Offensively, the team has to improve a lot, but I think the coach is approaching it right. He is looking for good attackers and judging them all.
Today, Alice Ogede played and I doubt she will make the final cut to France. Chinasa Uchendu is already down the pecking order.
Anam Imo however, has improved a lot and I am pleasantly surprised by her. It shows the coach was right in giving her plenty opportunity. Also Ajibade is improving too.

For the Cyprus cup, I expect us to also see a compact, boring team for at least the first 2 games as the coaches try to adapt. I think the future of the team is a 4-4-2 that will accomodate Ajibade and Okobi in the attacking midfield role, while also dropping one of Oshoala, Ordega or Oparanozie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2019
Today, the girls scored from open play after over 270 minutes. Full match vs China:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhtYPQMe3-8
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
While we wait for the Cyprus women cup,Dennerby should hold a training camp for the home based players. . I believe we can get one or two decent additions to the team from there..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
we really need to stop playing Ebi and Ohale and find quality backup. Those two are quality already.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:12am On Jan 21, 2019
mostob:
we really need to stop playing Ebi and Ohale and find quality backup. Those two are quality already.

We really need back up for this two, although Josephine Chukwunonye is also a natural Center back... I think if Ugochi Emenayo 21yrs keep working hard she will be a good back up soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:25pm On Jan 21, 2019
Abeg post the Romania game if u have it(
olapluto:
Today, the girls scored from open play after over 270 minutes. Full match vs China:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhtYPQMe3-8
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

86' in Wuhua: Romania WNT 1-4 Nigeria WNT

Scorers: (Chiwendu Ihezuo 44',
@EBIONOME
63', Rita Chikwelu 68',
@iumotong
83')

I guess she wore #19 jersey in China game. I wondered why the coach played her as defensive midfielder. She showed the skills of a modern soccer; very fluid, strong and fast with the ball.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2019
are u sure u watched the China match? ihezuo played as a striker in that match ..
DerideGull:

I guess she wore #19 jersey in China game. I wondered why the coach played her as defensive midfielder. She showed the skills of a modern soccer; very fluid, strong and fast with the ball.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
isan:
are u sure u watched the China match? ihezuo played as a striker in that match ..

Watch the posted videos in the previous posts.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2019
DerideGull:

Chinwendu Ihezuo have been wearing the no19 jersey since her U17 day's...
She played as a Striker in both games... From the Left and as a Center forward..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:09am On Jan 22, 2019
DerideGull:

I understand why you feel that way sir. We hardly attacked the Chinese. Though she was playing mostly around the midfield area but she is one of the 2 strikers we played in that match. Very hard working.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by DerideGull(m): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2019
olapluto:

I understand why you feel that way sir. We hardly attacked the Chinese. Though she was playing mostly around the midfield area but she is one of the 2 strikers we played in that match. Very hard working.

She has skills, power and speed. I wondered why she played deep in the midfield instead of up front.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:21am On Jan 25, 2019
Uchenna Kanu will be @ the Cyprus Cup next month alongside Patricia George....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
Uchenna Kanu will be @ the Cyprus Cup next month alongside Patricia George....
wow...I love this... We need new midfielders also. I suggest Oshoala and Ihezuo be drafted in since the striker department is filled up already.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2019
I will also love to see Sophia Omidiji in GWG .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.