Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804623 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
🚨PHOTOS 🚨
African champions South Africa departs home for New Zealand for the Women’s World Cup

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
Morocco vs Switzerland highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rHdTryyaBk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
carbonado:
...this world cup bonus is causing alot of trouble...has S.A settled their,i hope it wont be us next...

Not sure what agreement they later reached with the South African FA, but the Motsepe foundation rescued the situation by giving the girls money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:23am On Jul 06, 2023
https://twitter.com/i/status/1676563493711929346

Qatar Airways (FIFA Partner)
Abuja - Doha - Brisbane

23 hrs flight time (including lay over in Doha). Not too bad for the SF recovery time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:46am On Jul 06, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:18am On Jul 06, 2023
First training done and dusted at the Gold Coast Sports and Leisure centre.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 7:22am On Jul 06, 2023
lovewins:

Not sure what agreement they later reached with the South African FA, but the Motsepe foundation rescued the situation by giving the girls money.
.....it is well.....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:15am On Jul 06, 2023
do4luv14:

No wonder, I been wan ask where my Sweet Franny dey for all dis pisures wey dey fly upanda since
You and this Franny sef
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
mostob:
You and this Franny sef

But Franny nor try o, She supposed da among early birds to camp sef cus Russia Women National Team have been in camp and they played China few days ago.

Maybe Something else is delaying her sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ireland (FAI Women) coach Vera Pauw was “abusive” and “belittling” to players during her time with the NWSL’s Houston Dash, according to several ex-Dash players.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2023
samdolad:

why are we not playing friendly matches like other teams?

We really need to play at least 1 or 2 Friendlies before the World Cup Proper at least for the Ladies to be Game ready..

A national team already in Australia and an U17 boys side won’t be Bad at all..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2023
Latest Randy Waldrum Rant

Interview link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsdYml7X7ps

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
samdolad:

why are we not playing friendly matches like other teams?

If I talk now, my good friend BascoVanVeli will come to defend NFF smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
lovewins:

Interview link below:

NFF should as a matter of urgency please tell us what happened to the $1 million or if Randy is lying.

FG needs to criminally investigate NFF

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

If I talk now, my good friend BascoVanVeli will come to defend NFF smiley
My only comment is Baba for wait till after the WC to spill all these beans. All the rant is distracting to the team and truth is he has endured it for a long time anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

My only comment is Baba for wait till after the WC to spill all these beans. All the rant is distracting to the team and truth is he has endured it for a long time anyway.

Personally I wanted to say this, but retracted it. I feel he has been patient for a long time and wants to say this before commencing the world cup since he'll be out after that.

If he waits till after the world cup and does poorly, they might say he's shifting blame for a poor performance. So the best time to say it is now, so we can blame all of them.

NFF should just pray that Randy does not end up pulling a Morocco in this WC. I'm sure they now really want him to perform poorly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

I agree in part. I however think there was no incentive to tolerate them any longer after they cancelled the camp in Lagos, attempted to alter his team list and prevented his assistant from coming to the world cup. NFF's response also didn't help

That said, I agree he can wait till the end of the world cup to rant, but I also think he knows the world cup his probably the end of his relationship with the NFF hence the decision to spill now. In all not good for the girls.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
New quotes from the latest podcast interview granted by Super Falcons Head Coach, Randy Waldrum.

This comes 15 days before our opening fixture against Canada at the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

#EaglesTracker 🦅🇳🇬

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
How far can Nigeria go in Group B at #FIFAWWC23 ?

Ex-Australia women national team player, Catherine Cannuli shares her thought on what to expect from Nigeria at 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2023

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
I disagree.
NOW is the time to spill the beans - there is no 'right time' to tell the truth and out those bastards at the NFF.
According to Randy's comments, the hydrahead and problem with the NFF is MOHAMMED SANUSI.

I really appreciate Randy saying all this because we the fans would never have know about the details. If this came out after the WWC, it would have been swept under the carpet and they would have gone into business as usual mode.

Randy exposed the abject STUPIDITY of the people running the NFF. They are the ones responsible for the poor performances of our teams. They are not intelligent enough to plan ahead and they are nothing but thieving crooks!

Thanks, Randy, for exposing these vagabonds!!
AndSunGorilla:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

Personally I wanted to say this, but retracted it. I feel he has been patient for a long time and wants to say this before commencing the world cup since he'll be out after that.

If he waits till after the world cup and does poorly, they might say he's shifting blame for a poor performance. So the best time to say it is now, so we can blame all of them.

NFF should just pray that Randy does not end up pulling a Morocco in this WC. I'm sure they now really want him to perform poorly.
Well said.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
Deltamani:
New quotes from the latest podcast interview granted by Super Falcons Head Coach, Randy Waldrum.

This comes 15 days before our opening fixture against Canada at the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

#EaglesTracker 🦅🇳🇬
Can the NFF sack him now? I say that because e don seriously expose them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Yes they can. They just need to be prepared to pay him for thr entirety of his contract and they don't have money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
AkinDS:
I disagree.
NOW is the time to spill and out those bastards at the NFF.
According to Randy, the hydrahead at the NFF is MOHAMMED SANUSI.
He is the problem.

That guy has become a principality in the NFF. To think he earns $10k monthly as GS. That's is one guy Gusau should let go when his contracts ends.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
That would only prove they are guilty as charged - I hope they wouldn't be that stupid but hey, they have always shown Nigerians how daft they are, so I wouldn't put it beyond them.

Not only that, Randy just stated he has receipts on them - all the email communications that would confirm and expose their corrupt intents! This guy has them by the balls!
AndSunGorilla:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
lovewins:

Interview link below:

One thing Randy said that I was happy about is the way FIFA made it mandatory to the Federation to Fly the Ladies to the World Cup in Business Class instead of the Economic C…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Deltamani:

One thing Randy said that I was happy about is the way FIFA made it mandatory to the Federation to Fly the Ladies to the World Cup in Business Class instead of the Economic C…

Yes. Listening to the entire interview, you'll realise his coming out is ultimately good for Nigerian football. Things just need to change.

Was glad he also talked about Oparanozie's experience. Things can't continue like this and this impunity thrives in secrecy. I'm glad he's bringing everything all out in the open.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jojodjo: 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
He might be sacked after the world cup and as such his words won't be taken seriously.
It's better he exposes things now....after all, all die na die.
AndSunGorilla:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
It is best Randy comes out now, after the world cup will be too late, as Nigerians will not want to hear anything he has to say, especially if the team has a woeful outing, which i do not see happening. This has to stop in all area of our sports, these men cant keep holding us down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
lovewins:

Interview link below:

NFF's response:

NFF Communications Director, Ademola Olajire; "Incompetent loudmouth. Found his voice now since he's about to achieve his only ambition of leading a team at the World Cup."

Again you can't shame the shameless

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
This is thirsty 😭.

NFF has responded to Waldrum.

NFF Communications Director, Ademola Olajire; "Incompetent loudmouth. Found his voice now since he's about to achieve his only ambition of leading a team at the World Cup."

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.