Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (833298 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (1084) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by potland: 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
I don't know about you oh. But South africa will score whether holland wins or not. They are the only african team that knows the road to the net.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
PDPGuy:
Word from a reliable source is that some England and US-born players are expressing interest in being a part of the Super Falcons…

Randy reportedly mentioned this. Read a story on this today. I think it was also reported in The Punch Newspaper

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Morocco won't make Top 30 even south Africa
daveP:

This one isn't even an internal issue. It's beyond our control. Many others too didn't really play anything. Okay Zambia that use friendlies to pack schedule like puffpuff basket nko? Still fare away. See what I'm saying? Let's see how they move up big after this. They all should be in top 30. I've decided not to use the lens of men's ranking to view this cos that one is still fair to an extent. But this one?? Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Except the Falcons get past The R16 and QF… I bet they won’t be ranked past 25th…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
Deltamani:
Except the Falcons get past The R16 and QF… I bet they won’t be ranked past 25th…
And their highest ever ranking was 23rd in the world 🌎

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2023
lovewins:

Randy reportedly mentioned this. Read a story on this today. I think it was also reported in The Punch Newspaper
Aside Rinsola and maybe Vicky, which other FB are showing interest? We need quality.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
mostob:
Aside Rinsola and maybe Vicky, which other FB are showing interest? We need quality.
is Vicky showing interest?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
lovewins:

by 2027 WWC, i hope Local Players Branch of the team won't be fighting and bickering and making noise when they full the squad😆😆😆😆

But we fit use am get mad PR too sha. Cos many of these guys no dey look us with better eye before. Mtchew. See Rinsola for example. Chai. Irris well.

USA and Brazil may have to go back to their Westeros Warroom and repaint their map after this WWC. Demystified is the word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
isan:
Morocco won't make Top 30 even south Africa
practically they won't. They'll probably move up 20places at most after this tournament/by year's end.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Deltamani:
If they reach quarters, nothing is stopping them from not entering top 25. Quality of England is going to make that totally possible if we beat them. The way Columbia climb is one reason I'm saying this.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
isan:
The AWCON doesn't really do anything for us ranking wise because every team at the tournament are already below us but if we lose a single match it will affect our ranking badly
That's the issue. And I can't wrap my head around this mystery. Especially as it is the exact reason other confed teams are getting massive climbs in last two years, including those that haven't kicked ball at the World Cup before. We meuve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Nothing should be stopping Evelyn Ijeh from joining the SuperFalcons soon… This girl is a crazy finisher, she hardly take one touch in the Box sef….. Whaoooooo

This is something our Strikers are seriously Lacking, her awareness in front of goal is just too Sharp..

Vaxjo DFF sells Evelyn ljeh. The goal Scoring forward is sold to Tigres UANL in Liga MX and She’s the most expensive Player sold in Vaxjo DFF's history.

I will definitely be watching Tigress 🐯 games on a regular again because of her…!

The frontline for the SuperFalcons am expecting
Rinsola Babajide 25yrs on the Flank
Evelyn Ijeh 21yrs CF..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
I would certainly have picked Rinsola Babajide ahead of Monday Gift, Fransisca Ordega if she was ready and available for the SuperFalcons…

The pace, Skills and power we’re Lacking upfront from the flank would have been less as she’s very good at helping defensively too, just what we needed right now..

My frontline would have been

LW— Babajide — CF Oshoala — RW Ajibade

Then Kanu, Onumonu, Okoronkwo and maybe Monday too as Subs..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
daveP:
by 2027 WWC, i hope Local Players Branch of the team won't be fighting and bickering and making noise when they full the squad😆😆😆😆

But we fit use am get mad PR too sha. Cos many of these guys no dey look us with better eye before. Mtchew. See Rinsola for example. Chai. Irris well.

USA and Brazil may have to go back to their Westeros Warroom and repaint their map after this WWC. Demystified is the word.

To be fair, Rinsola's decision for the falcons was since last year. She's been working on her passport and all hence the delay.

But yes, we have to manage the influx of new folks especially foreign born Nigerians have to be properly managed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
Deltamani:
Nothing should be stopping Evelyn Ijeh from joining the SuperFalcons soon… This girl is a crazy finisher, she hardly take one touch in the Box sef….. Whaoooooo

This is something our Strikers are seriously Lacking, her awareness in front of goal is just too Sharp..

Vaxjo DFF sells Evelyn ljeh. The goal Scoring forward is sold to Tigres UANL in Liga MX and She’s the most expensive Player sold in Vaxjo DFF's history.

I will definitely be watching Tigress 🐯 games on a regular again because of her…!

The frontline for the SuperFalcons am expecting
Rinsola Babajide 25yrs on the Flank
Evelyn Ijeh 21yrs CF..

Make Una beg her Papa.

I recently read where he said the door to the falcons isn't shut. I believe with a little push she will be a part of the falcons.

Your comment on her finishing skills is just apt. Precision is just wow. Saw highlights and I was impressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
lovewins:

To be fair, Rinsola's decision for the falcons was since last year. She's been working on her passport and all hence the delay.

But yes, we have to manage the influx of new folks especially foreign born Nigerians have to be properly managed.

It will be a super forward trio of she joins no doubt. Nff wing of locals though. They are the only ones we worry about. Then get one or two AM so we switch style of play to something SA has with Mothlalo and Seoponsewe, even better.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
daveP:

It will be a super forward trio of she joins no doubt. Nff wing of locals though. They are the only ones we worry about. Then get one or two AM so we switch style of play to something SA has with Mothlalo and Seoponsewe, even better.

I think Echegini can give us a good game in AM but Randy right now don’t wanna risk it…

Pro is coming, If Echegini isn’t the one, we would know..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:02am On Aug 04, 2023
lovewins:

Make Una beg her Papa.

I recently read where he said the door to the falcons isn't shut. I believe with a little push she will be a part of the falcons.

Your comment on her finishing skills is just apt. Precision is just wow. Saw highlights and I was impressed.

Her finishing alone don ready give her edge, She’s just 21yrs same age as Monday Gift..

Some of the Comments I came across in the Tigress 🐯 social media platform where that with the quality she has she won’t stay Long there that Tigress just want to Play her for one Seasons and sell her off to Bigger Clubs/ League to make money just as they have done with Uchenna Kanu USA U23 Mia Fischer..

Asisat Oshoala
Ifeoma Onumonu
Rasheedat Ajibade
Uchenna Kanu
Esther Okoronkwo
Rinsola Babajide
Evelyn Ijeh
Monday Gift

The likes of Franny Ordega, Desire Oparanozie should be finding their way out..

The U20sssss, Anam IMO, Macleans Chinonyerem and Co are also there!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:04am On Aug 04, 2023
lovewins:

Make Una beg her Papa.

Her Father na former SuperEagle player and currently a Coach in one of the top Club in Sweden, I can recall where he said her daughter is very much open to Playing for the SuperFalcons.. So it’s up to Nigeria to bring her on board.. She alongside her Younger Sister was in Camp with the Falcons sometime ago in Austria.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:04am On Aug 04, 2023
Assuming all these prospective players receive clearance from FIFA or are actually integrated into the team, competition for spots on the Olympic squad would be the fiercest in Naija history.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:08am On Aug 04, 2023
PDPGuy:
Assuming all these prospective players receive clearance from FIFA or are actually integrated into the team, competition for spots on the Olympic squad would be the fiercest in Naija history.
I swear it would be very tough, like Apart from Tochukwu Oluehi, Onome Ebi, Faith Ikidi the rest of the Active SuperFalcons Players who have played for the team from 2020 till date haven’t Played at the Olympics games… It would be tough..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:13am On Aug 04, 2023
PDPGuy:

Any Coach Coming In Should also be wise enough not to drop this Randy current set of Players but keep this set of 23 Players and then pick like 10 other names including the likes of Zogg, Okeke, Okobi, Onyinyechi Okeke, Babajide, Ijeh and Co then start filtering out the Ones we no longer need for the Olympic and WAFCON qualifying game’s..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 12:13am On Aug 04, 2023
daveP:
If they reach quarters, nothing is stopping them from not entering top 25. Quality of England is going to make that totally possible if we beat them. The way Columbia climb is one reason I'm saying this.
Colombia 🇨🇴* ✍🏾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:15am On Aug 04, 2023
I wouldn’t mind an Ex-international handling the team (Mercy, Florence, Perpetual, Ayisat, Ann and Co…) but again will the NFF give them the room to excel??

Again Who noticed Colin Udoh seems to have reduced how he normally talks about the NFF??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:23am On Aug 04, 2023
BankyGee:

Colombia 🇨🇴* ✍🏾
shocked my bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:27am On Aug 04, 2023
Deltamani:
I wouldn’t mind an Ex-international handling the team (Mercy, Florence, Perpetual, Ayisat, Ann and Co…) but again will the NFF give them the room to excel??

Again Who noticed Colin Udoh seems to have reduced how he normally talks about the NFF??
Ann Chiejine should be the next in line after serving as an assistant for a decade😁, with Terry as her assistant
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2023
Deltamani:

Her finishing alone don ready give her edge, She’s just 21yrs same age as Monday Gift..

Some of the Comments I came across in the Tigress 🐯 social media platform where that with the quality she has she won’t stay Long there that Tigress just want to Play her for one Seasons and sell her off to Bigger Clubs/ League to make money just as they have done with Uchenna Kanu USA U23 Mia Fischer..

Asisat Oshoala
Ifeoma Onumonu
Rasheedat Ajibade
Uchenna Kanu
Esther Okoronkwo
Rinsola Babajide
Evelyn Ijeh
Monday Gift

The likes of Franny Ordega, Desire Oparanozie should be finding their way out..

The U20sssss, Anam IMO, Macleans Chinonyerem and Co are also there!

For those not familiar, check the link to see how clinical she is.

And yes I agree, Ordega and Oparanozie should excuse the team after the world cup. Anam Imo is also someone who has caught my attention. She plays in the Swedish league and have 11 goals already this season. Haven't seen any of her clips though, but those numbers tell us something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkidxBJOifY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:36am On Aug 04, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:42am On Aug 04, 2023
PDPGuy:

Ann Chiejine should be the next in line after serving as an assistant for a decade😁, with Terry as her assistant

Hmm 🧐

Ann Chiejene at head is probably a no to me even though on Paper she’s the most qualified among the Ex-internationals, I would rather have a set up of

Florence Omagbemi Head Coach
Terry Eguaoje 1st Assistant
Perpetual Nkwocha 2nd Assistant

Or

Mercy Akide Udoh Head Coach
Terry Eguaoje 1st Assistant
Ann Chiejene 2nd Assistant
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:50am On Aug 04, 2023
lovewins:

For those not familiar, check the link to see how clinical she is.

And yes I agree, Ordega and Oparanozie should excuse the team after the world cup. Anam Imo is also someone who has caught my attention. She plays in the Swedish league and have 11 goals already this season. Haven't seen any of her clips though, but those numbers tell us something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkidxBJOifY

Even though the Swedish League isn’t as Strong as before it’s still top rated at no.5 in Europe behind the English WSL, French league1, Spanish Laliga, German Frauen Bundesliga…

This Girl finishing is just like that of Lyon Ada Hegerberg. Hardly take more than one touch and always shoot at side with a lot of precision..

I’m also very happy with the way her Dad post and hype her on his Facebook Page… Always comparing her daughter scoring abilities with his own… Good Dad 👍

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 7:44am On Aug 04, 2023
Hehehe

This meal is very hot 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Jaybee3456: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2023
lovewins:

I meannn ot could've been done long ago but NO nff officials would want to collect money. That's how we lost alaba and co.

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (1084) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: geonyte(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.