Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,567 members, 7,847,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (827258 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (1080) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2023
Deltamani:
I would certainly have picked Rinsola Babajide ahead of Monday Gift, Fransisca Ordega if she was ready and available for the SuperFalcons…

The pace, Skills and power we’re Lacking upfront from the flank would have been less as she’s very good at helping defensively too, just what we needed right now..

My frontline would have been

LW— Babajide — CF Oshoala — RW Ajibade

Then Kanu, Onumonu, Okoronkwo and maybe Monday too as Subs..

Rinsola is not better than Gift Monday on the wings. They played in the same league and the only thing she did better was finishing. They are both strong fast players but Gift is much better with the ball at feet. She's also better at creating chances and tracking back to defend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:52am On Aug 04, 2023
Debbie Abiodun is from Ibadan, Oyo State.
Born and raised.
So…
Curtisaxel10:

It's Ucheibe lol😂😂😂

Or Abiodun
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

It's Ucheibe lol😂😂😂

Or Abiodun

Abiodun is 19 so can't be her.

Ucheibe only fits the narrative if she grew up in Lagos which I doubt.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Curtisaxel10: 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
lovewins:

Abiodun is 19 so can't be her.

Ucheibe only fits the narrative if she grew up in Lagos which I doubt.

Ucheibe grew up in Sabon Gari, Kano. I watched the last WAFCON in Kano and lots of folks in the viewing center said they knew her family and watched her playing football with boys in the local pitches while growing up.

But this argument is of no use now, I guess. It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Rinsola is not better than Gift Monday on the wings. They played in the same league and the only thing she did better was finishing. They are both strong fast players but Gift is much better with the ball at feet. She's also better at creating chances and tracking back to defend.

Okay

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Jaybee3456:
If randy gets us past R16 he should be allowed to take charge of the Olympics games.
The man is done with us!!!! We showed him premium shege!!!!! I doubt he would continue no matter what we offer him even if we wanted him to continue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

The man is done with us!!!! We showed him premium shege!!!!! I doubt he would continue nonmatter what we offer him even if we wanted him to continue.

NFF wahala too much

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ladies and Gentlemen, abeg where una keep my Faith Oriyomi Omilana?

That girl na Chiamaka Nnadozie lite o. She did well for us at the last FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup and held her own against Linda Caicedo. Person wey make Linda Caicedo wan cry, she saved a one-v-one vs Caicedo, now I no dey hear of her again? I was even angry they didn't give her goalkeeper of the tournament and some non-Nigerian folks were too...

What's up with her now?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Media wahala
robosky02:

NFF wahala too much
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2023
BankyGee:
Ladies and Gentlemen, abeg where una keep my Faith Oriyomi Omilana?

That girl na Chiamaka Nnadozie lite o. She did well for us at the last FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup and held her own against Linda Caicedo. Person wey make Linda Caicedo wan cry, she saved a one-v-one vs Caicedo, now I no dey hear of her again? I was even angry they didn't give her goalkeeper of the tournament and some non-Nigerian folks were too...

What's up with her now?
She should get a good club asap and start developing her game. Her way to the national team is kinda straight now since Yewande and Oluehi might retire soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Arizoner: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Rinsola is not better than Gift Monday on the wings. They played in the same league and the only thing she did better was finishing. They are both strong fast players but Gift is much better with the ball at feet. She's also better at cre itating chances and tracking back to defend.
Monday gift is selfish
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Arizoner: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
mostob:
She should get a good club asap and start developing her game. Her way to the national team is kinda straight now since Yewande and Oluehi might retire soon.
where is precious Dede? It's been long I saw her
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
pls where is Ann Chi,

e don Tay ah see her,

oya make we start to mention names, Someone get mind ask of Dede for Omilana matter

it is well
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Emmy450(m): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

Ucheibe grew up in Sabon Gari, Kano. I watched the last WAFCON in Kano and lots of folks in the viewing center said they knew her family and watched her playing football with boys in the local pitches while growing up.

But this argument is of no use now, I guess. It is what it is.

correct, before she moved to benfica, she sustained an injury for over 5months in which she was in Kaduna, kakuri to be precise and stayed with my cousin through out the duration of her injury, she was damn too lively 💯thus, she doesn't fit that narrative based on geographical location.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Popp showing passion and will on the pitch being interpreted as unsportsmanlike is ridiculous. The German fans are Crazy..
I think Popp was amazing. She carried the whole team.
the hate against Alex Popp is crazy, it’s not her fault. it’s mainly because of the poor defenders and some of the players played out of their positions. Germany is not only her, you can’t depend on only one player to score much. that’s why it called team work not captain work..

imagine calling her drop level, after what she has done scoring on almost all the matches they have been through. so ridiculously bad….

I feel for her as she’s my Favorite Germany Player after Birgit Prinz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Deltamani:
Popp showing passion and will on the pitch being interpreted as unsportsmanlike is ridiculous. The German fans are Crazy..
the hate against Alex Popp is crazy, it’s not her fault. it’s mainly because of the poor defenders and some of the players played out of their positions. Germany is not only her, you can’t depend on only one player to score much. that’s why it called team work not captain work..

imagine calling her drop level, after what she has done scoring on almost all the matches they have been through. so ridiculously bad….

I saw the video. The thing shock am reach her bone 😂
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
Deltamani:

Chiamaka Nnadozie
Christy Ucheibe
Onyi Echegini… born abroad.

Hmmm. Lagos ties again. That leaves 2. Unless she's referring to one of the 3 u20 ladies in the squad, that's when I'll kinda believe.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2023
Deltamani:

But wait a minute does that person knows that Someone of 15 and 19 can be in the same class, as age doesn’t mean you must be in a certain class in School??…

Abeg mk that person shift, What we’re after right now is how the Ladies can beat England and continue to improve in the World Cup..!
We all know na clout for now. Make we just do small mental gymnastics 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by michigang: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ten most expensive female footballers of all time in thousands

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

The man is done with us!!!! We showed him premium shege!!!!! I doubt he would continue no matter what we offer him even if we wanted him to continue.
I doubt even the love for the ladies will make him continue. Nff don show am shege.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Deltamani:

Be like na her turn to see wetin Oshoala chop for Naija hand. This side is barely seen in female football and i wonder how the players feel about it. Cos they'll definitely take it differently from how the men do.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
AkinDS:

Debbie Abiodun is from Ibadan, Oyo State.
Born and raised.
So…

How can somebody even look at Abiodun and think she is 28 lol?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
mostob:
I swear, she really needs to. Talent like that shouldn't be allowed to go to waste.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
BankyGee:

I swear, she really needs to. Talent like that shouldn't be allowed to go to waste.
Let's pray she doesn't fade off. She needs to keep her momentum on. There are like 2 goalkeepers who were so good at the U20 WC but couldn't make it to the top. I forgot their names. Also, our defence is a little light right now so we need reinforcements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
Randy Waldrum on the game against England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6CbQNMuEQ0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
Arizoner:
Monday gift is selfish

How do u come up with that?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BronzeTiger: 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
isan:
Few bad calls here and there doesn't mean FIFA is biased the referees are only human
Few? Did you just say few?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by elyte89: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
Danielnino00:

How can somebody even look at Abiodun and think she is 28 lol?

Lol… dt kind cute face be 28years….if she pass 21 ,make I bend 😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kennedy97: 9:02pm On Aug 04, 2023
Abeg where I fit watch our afro basket girls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
ata football - #FIFAWWC  Team of the Group Stages! 🎉