Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,402 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804693 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:28pm On May 16, 2019
3-2 first miss Ghana great save off the post
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:29pm On May 16, 2019
4-2
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:30pm On May 16, 2019
Nnadozie saves again!
Falcons win 4-2 on penalties
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:30pm On May 16, 2019
Another save, match over 4-2
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:33pm On May 16, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Another save, match over 4-2
Nnadozie Save 2 Penalty Kicks...
kudos to her, she is really Understuding Tochukwu Oluehi well.. The Future is bright for her..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:34pm On May 17, 2019
Dike disagrees with Dennerby’s decision to leave her out of Falcons World Cup squad.

Super Falcons’ Courtney Dike says she knows that decision has been taken to drop her from the Falcons squad to France for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup before her invitation, but she has pledged her support to the team at the tournament.
The attacker believes she deserves a place in the team due to her scintillating performance in the team’s 6-1 win over Iceland , where she scored on three occasions.
“I’ve gotten a ridiculous amount of questions about my absence for the upcoming cup,” Dike stated.
“Although I scored a hat trick in the last camp I was unfortunately not selected. While I do not agree with this decision, I will respect it.
Dike added that working as an account has not affected her performance on the pitch and the team’s technical crew are aware of her fitness level before inviting her to the team.
“Yes, I am actively working as an accountant and I’m usually busy but everyone was aware of that beforehand.”
“I always make time for things I love and I am passionate about and was prepared to do what was necessary to make it work.
“I continued to train as instructed and I continued to get questions asking what airport I will fly out of, to provide bio information, speak about the camp and tournament, etc.
“I’ve reported my physical activity within the last month as instructed as well. I was invited to camp with the assumed opportunity of performing well translating into more opportunity.”
The former Falconets star however was grateful for the opportunity given to her and added that she will be rooting for the Falcons at the World Cup .
“Looking back, I prefer not having an invitation than a decision already being made about me before my arrival.
“That being said I’m extremely grateful for the opportunities I received in the past and my girls will always have a special place in my heart. I’ll be rooting for you all! Forever and always.”
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 2:28pm On May 17, 2019
It seems our female goal keepers are our real mvps... Hopefully the confidence and excellent performance travels along with them to France... I dey wait for Saturday, should Assisat Oshoala score and score multiples, she will automatically be the number 1 football player in Nigeria at the moment (that includes both male and female players)...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

Dike disagrees with Dennerby’s decision to leave her out of Falcons World Cup squad.

Super Falcons’ Courtney Dike says she knows that decision has been taken to drop her from the Falcons squad to France for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup before her invitation, but she has pledged her support to the team at the tournament.
The attacker believes she deserves a place in the team due to her scintillating performance in the team’s 6-1 win over Iceland , where she scored on three occasions.
“I’ve gotten a ridiculous amount of questions about my absence for the upcoming cup,” Dike stated.
“Although I scored a hat trick in the last camp I was unfortunately not selected. While I do not agree with this decision, I will respect it.
Dike added that working as an account has not affected her performance on the pitch and the team’s technical crew are aware of her fitness level before inviting her to the team.
“Yes, I am actively working as an accountant and I’m usually busy but everyone was aware of that beforehand.”
“I always make time for things I love and I am passionate about and was prepared to do what was necessary to make it work.
“I continued to train as instructed and I continued to get questions asking what airport I will fly out of, to provide bio information, speak about the camp and tournament, etc.
“I’ve reported my physical activity within the last month as instructed as well. I was invited to camp with the assumed opportunity of performing well translating into more opportunity.”
The former Falconets star however was grateful for the opportunity given to her and added that she will be rooting for the Falcons at the World Cup .
“Looking back, I prefer not having an invitation than a decision already being made about me before my arrival.
“That being said I’m extremely grateful for the opportunities I received in the past and my girls will always have a special place in my heart. I’ll be rooting for you all! Forever and always.”

This woman is an accountant and people will not let us rest about her not getting selected. She is not even on a rec team sef.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:36pm On May 17, 2019
Btw our ladies are damn good at penalty kicks. This is 3 win in row with only one missed.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:46am On May 18, 2019
Today's matches.

Lyon Vs Barcelona (UEFA Women's Champions League Final) Saturday May 18th At 5pm
https://www.nairaland.com/5193467/lyon-vs-barcelona-uefa-womens

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast: Wafu Womens Cup Finals - Sat 18th May 
https://www.nairaland.com/5191786/nigeria-vs-ivory-coast-wafu
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

This woman is an accountant and people will not let us rest about her not getting selected. She is not even on a rec team sef.

I wonder ooo.. So make we leave professional day in day out football players for accountant with football as a hobby. Bro na just the fine face and yansh, these folks just wanted to see joor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:09pm On May 18, 2019
Superfalcons Coach Thomas Dennerby Back Oshoala, Barcelona Women to win the UEFA Women's Champion's League.

The Swede believes the Nigerian can propel her Spanish side to a European title win in Budapest on Saturday
Nigeria women's head coach Thomas Dennerby has backed Asisat Oshoala's Barcelona to secure the Uefa Women's Champions League title.
The Blaugranes are aiming to claim the coveted crown after securing a maiden final appearance, but must upset five-time winners, French giants Lyon .
She is set to make her third appearance in the competition, and have scored seven goals in 10 outings in all competitions for Llius Cortes' ladies.
And the 59-year-old gaffer has tasked the Nigeria international to replicate her fine form in the colours of the Spanish giants at the Ferencváros Stadium.
"Barcelona is a good team but I think that Lyon may be seen as the favourites because they have a quality team and talented players," Dennerby told Goal .
"If you look at the Lyon team, they seem to have a national team player in every department and are really a tough team. It will surely be an interesting game.
"But of course, we have a Nigerian player in Barcelona and it will be a good thing for Nigeria football to have a player that has won the champions league. So, I will be rooting for Barcelona.
"I know she has the speed that can really help Barcelona as you can see in almost every the games she played and she scored. I hope she gets to play because she will be very useful.
"I will urge her to use her strength [speed] to help the team. This is a big moment everyone wants to see her.
"It's a big game and also a big opportunity for her to showcase herself and help Barcelona to make history by beating Lyon." Thomas Dennerby backs Barcelona's Asisat Oshoala for Uefa Women's Champions League glory.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:03pm On May 18, 2019
Nigeria XI vs Cote d'Ivoire
Chiamaka Nnadozie Chidinma Okeke Mariam Ibrahim Evelyn Nwabouku [C] Amarachi Okoronkwo Osarenoma Igbinovia Cynthia Aku Chioma Wogu Joy Bokiri Uchenna Kanu Alice Ogebe
WATCH: https:///s476U4YW8P Let's go and win it! #SoarSuperFalcons #WafuWomenCup https:///PDH1367w9G

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2019
Barca have already shipped 3 goals so that match is over. Oshoala can come in to rewrite the story, or at least lets see how she performs against top defenders like we will face in France.
Toni Duggan is a waste of space and Oshoala is much much better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 5:28pm On May 18, 2019
olapluto:
Barca have already shipped 3 goals so that match is over. Oshoala can come in to rewrite the story, or at least lets see how she performs against top defenders like we will face in France.
Toni Duggan is a waste of space and Oshoala is much much better.

At least to make the scoreline respectable.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2019
ykalhaji:

At least to make the scoreline respectable.
Its now 4-0. Imagine what will happen if Oshoala comes in and scores 3 instant goals. She will rewrite her history then. .
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:42pm On May 18, 2019
olapluto:

Its now 4-0. Imagine what will happen if Oshoala comes in and scores 3 instant goals. She will rewrite her history then. .

Well that would be a miracle because 4 nil shows a gulf in class
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:32pm On May 18, 2019
Oshoala comes in and in 5 minutes, she's done what Duggan couldnt do in 60 mins.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 6:47pm On May 18, 2019
olapluto:
Oshoala comes in and in 5 minutes, she's done what Duggan couldnt do in 60 mins.
It may be too little too late
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 6:49pm On May 18, 2019
Oshoala gets her goal. Scoring in Champions League final. She was the best player on the pitch since coming on. She shone and Im happy for her.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2019
Chance...Alice Ogebe puts in a delectible cross but Kanu could not put it in

CIV 0-0 NGR
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:51pm On May 18, 2019
Oshoala scores
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:18pm On May 18, 2019
Beautiful freekick scored by the Ivorians

CIV 1-0 NGR
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2019
lol @ Barca's coach. Oshoala scored after coming in, now his useless tactics will be the question.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:22pm On May 18, 2019
A deserved consolation for Barcelona, and a deserved goal for the pacy Nigerian, who turns on the afterburners to meet a perfectly weighted defence-splitting pass by Martens. Her first touch takes her past the onrushing keeper, and her second slides the ball home. Perhaps she should have played from the start
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:27pm On May 18, 2019
ykalhaji:
lol @ Barca's coach. Oshoala scored in 5 minutes of coming in, now his useless tactics will be the question.
Even the commentators were saying the same. Oshoala didnt respect the Lyon defenders.
As a Nigerian, it is good to see that as we play France in less than a month time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 7:36pm On May 18, 2019
olapluto:

Even the commentators were saying the same. Oshoala didnt respect the Lyon defenders.
As a Nigerian, it is good to see that as we play France in less than a month time.

Boss that was what I wanted to see. The good thing about the last couple of years is that the girls that will play for us in France have played together and continuously for a while now and have learnt tactical discipline. Now with Oshoala playing on the most important stage, the phrase "no fear" should be apt for how they will play next month.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:43pm On May 18, 2019
This coach is funny o. You're losing 1-0 in the final and you can only bring on a defender for a striker.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2019
olapluto:
This coach is funny o. You're losing 1-0 in the final and you can only bring on a defender for a striker.

How many more minutes before final whistle?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2019
ykalhaji:

How many more minutes before final whistle?
15 minutes.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:18pm On May 18, 2019
Backs against the wall and 5 mins left

CIV 1-0 NGR
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 8:21pm On May 18, 2019
Superior competition from Niger to Mali to Ghan to Ivory Coast. .. and these were the girls that some had already penciled to bench the main starters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.