Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,617 members, 7,861,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (839275 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2023
lovewins:

Basco you're better than this. You can disagree with him and strongly so without resorting to ad hominem and wrongly characterising intentions. Many people here do not fancy Ogbonna as a player (myself inclusive) and we share our opinion on her. It's the same way many do not fancy Onumonu or Ihueozu or many other players. The multiplicity of thoughts even amidst disagreement is what makes this thread beautiful. We shouldn't now resort to name calling or using strong words on ourselves, it won't end well.

Only God knows intentions so you can't really speak to it. So it's really unfair to conclude that commentary on Ogbonna is a "hateful campaign" then implying Deltamani has a "self hating mentality". Those are strong words and I'll really implore you to tone down. Again you can disagree but let's try to be civil.

Strong words that I mean from the bottom of my soul. If u are not going to address the lies being told about her performance there is no need even talking.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:30am On Dec 14, 2023
mostob:
It is not hateful campaign, it is an honest criticism.
The last time we criticized Oshoala for missing so many chances here, we know how everything ends especially the strange moniker aspect.

I think Ashleigh and Tosin met Ogbonna in the team. Both are now ahead of her in the pecking order. If Maureen should join the team tomorrow, Ogbonna will get dropped.

Why? she is not doing enough to justify she deserves to be in the team.

First of all Oshoala had a game on when she was being criticized. I told u guys that u were being ridiculous. One shagalo and player of the year title later u see I was right. This is a completely different situation because it came out of nowhere. Did u seen me complain that she wasn't in the team for the last 2 camps? No. My issue is with the lies and propaganda. He want to make it seem like she didn't play a part in the biggest win in the history of Nigerian women's football. That is f*cking diabolical and shame on u guys for acting like it is just normal criticism.

Anybody who knows me from the Super eagles thread will know I can argue 500 people if I need to. I don't ever need to stoop to creating a fake account for a debate. My other accounts are bascovanveli2 and Bascovanveli3. I use them when this one is blocked.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2023
Former Bayelsa Queens Central Midfielder CELINE OTTAH Wins the United Soccer Coaches Player of The Year NJCAA Division…USA🇺🇸..

Jones College ⚪🇺🇸 star girl Celine Ottah was part of the SuperFalcons squad for the Summer Series in the US 2021..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:48am On Dec 14, 2023
If only the untapped avenue of University Females Teams can come alive in Nigeria. It would be such a superb ground
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:50am On Dec 14, 2023
Ottah selected NJCAA Division II First Team All-American
Celine Ottah 21yrs was named United Soccer Coaches Division II Player of the Year 2023..

She played for Tormenta FC in the USL W League in the summer of 2023.. During her Freshman Seasonin 2022 she played 17games, scoring 15 goals and with14 assists..

She’s currently a Sophomore. This season Played 15games, scoring 19goals including six game-winners with 7Assist…

Celine is a technical, dynamic midfielder who can play higher up in the team as an attacking midfielder or sit deeper and play the pivot in a defensive midfield role.

•••• Her Profile:
Name: Celine Ottah
Position: Attacking Midfielder
Height: 5’5
Birthdate: October 26, 2002
Hometown: Aba, Nigeria
Citizenship: Nigeria
Current University: TF From Polk State University to Jones College
Instagram: @celineottah

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
Deltamani:

I did watch the SuperFalcons World Cup game against Australia🇦🇺 this afternoon, I won’t lie Rash is quality.. Randy almost got his Substitution wrong in that game especially when he brought in Glory Ogbonna for Ashleigh Plumptre, the Left side became so weak thank God for Christy Ucheibe who had to slot into the CB position occasionally in between Ohale and Demehin..

I've searched the whole YouTube for it and can't seem to find it. Can you post the link?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
With the way Celine Ottah take da bite for Midfield so she belike mini Ngozi Okobi ooo…

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
Incase you didn’t watch the Women College Cup Final, here is it…

Florida State University vs Stanford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXyMuFpI3UE?si=sK097fj-yr4Kk8sD
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2023
#TheBest FIFA Women's Player Finalists! 🏆🤩

🇪🇸 Aitana Bonmati
🇨🇴 Linda Caicedo
🇪🇸 Jennifer Hermoso

How did Linda Caicedo sneak her way into the final 3??

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
Deltamani:
#TheBest FIFA Women's Player Finalists! 🏆🤩

🇪🇸 Aitana Bonmati
🇨🇴 Linda Caicedo
🇪🇸 Jennifer Hermoso

How did Linda Caicedo sneak her way into the final 3??

All from Liga F.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
naptu2:

All from Liga F.

🇪🇸 Jennifer Hermoso Is from Mexico Women’s Football League…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2023
Deltamani:

🇪🇸 Jennifer Hermoso Is from Mexico Women’s Football League…

Yeah, but she was previously in Liga F (spent most of her career there).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2023
ESPN FC Women's Rank:
Asisat Oshoala the Only Africa Player in the World's 50 Best Women soccer players of 2023 by ESPN..

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/39050145/2023-best-50-women-soccer-players-ranked-world

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2023
naptu2:

Yeah, but she was previously in Liga F (spent most of her career there).

Yeah before but she left Spain for about 2seasons now..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
Deltamani:
ESPN FC Women's Rank:
Asisat Oshoala the Only Africa Player in the World's 50 Best Women soccer players of 2023 by ESPN..

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/39050145/2023-best-50-women-soccer-players-ranked-world
Yet some people ask why she won African player of the year?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
5 minutes in and Chiamaka Nnadozie's Paris FC is leading Real Madrid 2-0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2023
Chiamaka world best.

Just saved a penalty to keep Paris FC 2 goals up.

What a gem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
Crack head defending by Madrid on thar first Golazoo grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2023
lovewins:
Chiamaka world best.

Just saved a penalty to keep Paris FC 2 goals up.

What a gem

If anything happens na u cause am
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
Deltamani:

Yeah before but she left Spain for about 2seasons now..

Obviously.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
Woso Liga F Team of the Week…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Lol.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
Paris FC have just stopped playing. U can't be sitting back that early
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nice one Paris FC. Nothing sweeter than white tears grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Nothing happened

So we can conclude. Na you dey jinx am. Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nnadozie might be the first person to win the African best footballer of the year and African best goalkeeper awards. She just need trophies to complement her world class performances.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:19pm On Dec 14, 2023
Congratulations to Jennifer Onyi Echiegini

FSU Grad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
lovewins:

FSU Grad.

Congratulations Babygal, Let’s go Pro…🍾
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:57am On Dec 15, 2023
Perfect way to end her college career and celebrate her graduation with a Bachelor's degree.
Congrats to next Nigerian superstar player and CAF WPOY in waiting, Jen Echegini.
lovewins:

FSU Grad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:03am On Dec 15, 2023
She Believes Cup 2024 Nation Tournament

Played as Semi final

Third place match

Final

I hope Nigeria will partake and the Olympic Qualifying Games doesn’t Clash with it

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:16am On Dec 15, 2023
Randy Waldrum just da everywhere da Praise Nnadozie ooo…. I don da see say this man get e own Special Affinity for Nnadozie!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.