Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,260 members, 7,864,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (841451 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) ... (1090) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2023
Some pictures from Oparanozie Desire’s home coming. Organized by Imo FA.

#oparanozieDesire

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2023
That lady shouldn't near the u17 , u20 is still manageable
Deltamani:

Lol 😂
NFF no serious Abeg, them never fit Pay Randy Finnish na Coach Wha Barca no fit pay them wan sign🤗🤗

Many top Coaches were on the Market since after the World Cup, if NFF really needed one they would have gotten from the likes of Luis Cortes who just signed a big money move to coach Saudi Arabia Women’s National Team, Morocco former coach is there, Colombia former Coach is there and some few names…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2023
isan:
15 in NWPFL ? Nigerian coach will never put a 15 years old between the post , is this her first season?

At what age did the likes of Chiamaka Nnadozie, Omilana, Linda and Co start having game time before they where called up to the age Flamengoes team??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
She is not as bad as you think. She actually has some good wheels on her (pacey).
Imuran will have problems with her - not because of pace, but physical strength. Imuran gets pushed over easily sometimes.

I believe someone like Nicole Payne will be best to mark her. She has all the requisite tools to neutralize her. If Nigeria is also able to shut down Thembi, then SA attack is as good as useless.

Nigeria can then put the squeeze on their midfield and defense, as both the SA midfield and defense is not really that good.
Deltamani:
What is all this Hype about South Africa….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRxhX1XEox8?si=w4mWW4gngyzIsTBN

Nicole Michael this, Nicole Michael That.!, I don’t even think she’s quicker than Ajakaye.. Talk about Pace this girl can’t even get past Michelle Alozie and Rofiat Imuran talk more of Nicole Payne who’s arguably our quickest Fullback..!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
Asisat Oshoala presented her Best African Player award to the group.
🦅💙❤️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2023
AkinDS:
She is not as bad as you think. She actually has some good wheels on her (pacey).
Imuran will have problems with her - not because of pace, but physical strength. Imuran gets pushed over easily sometimes.

I believe someone like Nicole Payne will be best to mark her. She has all the requisite tools to neutralize her. If Nigeria is also able to shut down Thembi, then SA attack is as good as useless.

Nigeria can then put the squeeze on their midfield and defense, as both the SA midfield and defense is not really that good.

I never said she was Bad though🤗

One thing the likes of Thomas Dennerby & Randy Waldrum has done well is knowing how to keep the Star Players of opposition mutes.. Anyway i don’t see her as a threat though… Shy shy Imuran really need to work on her Physicality too, But pace to pace Imuran will match her down..

I would really love to Nicole Payne get quality Playing time at PSG..
For now Ashleigh Plumptre, Rofiat Imuran own the Left Back spot with Michelle Alozie and Nicole Payne holding it at Right Back.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
Michelle Alozie been named the Best Right Back in Africa..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
Deltamani:
Some pictures from Oparanozie Desire’s home coming. Organized by Imo FA.

#oparanozieDesire
She’s looking so pretty and captivating 💯❤️❤️ . She’s a legend and might be a great coach in nearest future
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
Princezibk:
She’s looking so pretty and captivating 💯❤️❤️ . She’s a legend and might be a great coach in nearest future

She said sometime ago that she doesn’t want to become a Coach but will definitely be involved in Football Business..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2023
That Jordynn Dudley for FSU should be the starting striker for the USWNT. She would start for almost every professional women's team on earth
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Princezibk: 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
Deltamani:

She said sometime ago that she doesn’t want to become a Coach but will definitely be involved in Football Business..
Oh really! Whatever career part she choose will favor her 💯🙏
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
I told y'all

Vicky Lopez set to represent Nigeria in 2024.

Hopefully Onyeka Gomero follows thesame path.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2023
GeneralDae:
I told y'all

Lol 😂
Na only Laugh I fit laugh 4 now..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2023
Deltamani:

Lol 😂
Na only Laugh I fit laugh 4 now..
You doubt?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
That Jordynn Dudley for FSU should be the starting striker for the USWNT. She would start for almost every professional women's team on earth

I don wish say she be Nigeria tire.. She Plays like a Pro already but she’s still a Freshman or Should I say she’s a Sophomore now ..!

US have got themselves a Big talent there, Pace, Skills, Finishing and Ball sense top notch..

Will she be able to Finnish College with what I’m seeing right now? Maybe..! But right now Big Clubs from Europe or NWSL might want to steal her away with Big money Move…

To me FSU on it own is a Semi Pro team, can literally hold their own well against Clubs from Turkey, Finland, Denmark, Austria even against lower ranked teams of the Big 5 leagues in the World..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Like Deltamani, anytime I see her play, I wish she was Nigerian. And yes, she needs to be integrated into the senior team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
GeneralDae:
I told y'all

Where you see that one? Hope it's not all this NPFL news pages on Facebook known for fake news. Cite your source biko
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
lovewins:

Where you see that one? Hope it's not all this NPFL news pages on Facebook known for fake news. Cite your source biko
E fit be fake news sha. Superfalcons tv page on Instagram.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2023
Deltamani:

I don wish say she be Nigeria tire.. She Plays like a Pro already but she’s still a Freshman or Should I say she’s a Sophomore now ..!

US have got themselves a Big talent there, Pace, Skills, Finishing and Ball sense top notch..

Will she be able to Finnish College with what I’m seeing right now? Maybe..! But right now Big Clubs from Europe or NWSL might want to steal her away with Big money Move…

To me FSU on it own is a Semi Pro team, can literally hold their own well against Clubs from Turkey, Finland, Denmark, Austria even against lower ranked teams of the Big 5 leagues in the World..

She reminds me of oshoala in 2014. It is almost unfair to have her in the NCAA.

Basketball was her 2nd sport and i feel she should keep playing. That way she can really get some good NIL money. I don't know why she is not on the FSU basketball team cos that would make her a household name in America. I mean the school's most famous athlete is Deione Sanders who was known for playing 2 sports. I truly believe she would be one of the top freshmen in the country if she played basketball.

She is a once in a lifetime type athlete so I am definitely also bummed she is not Nigerian grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

She reminds me of oshoala in 2014. It is almost unfair to have her in the NCAA.

Basketball was her 2nd sport and i feel she should keep playing. That way she can really get some good NIL money. I don't know why she is not on the FSU basketball team cos that would make her a household name in America. I mean the school's most famous athlete is Deione Sanders who was known for playing 2 sports. I truly believe she would be one of the top freshmen in the country if she played basketball.

She is a once in a lifetime type athlete so I am definitely also bummed she is not Nigerian grin
True she has very good ball sense. Real quality there.
She also reminds me of Oshoala 2014. Oshoala was pure class then off from a defensive midfield position in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
Deltamani:

I never said she was Bad though🤗

One thing the likes of Thomas Dennerby & Randy Waldrum has done well is knowing how to keep the Star Players of opposition mutes.. Anyway i don’t see her as a threat though… Shy shy Imuran really need to work on her Physicality too, But pace to pace Imuran will match her down..

I would really love to Nicole Payne get quality Playing time at PSG..
For now Ashleigh Plumptre, Rofiat Imuran own the Left Back spot with Michelle Alozie and Nicole Payne holding it at Right Back.
Ajakaye>>>>

She get pace and energy but weak vision. She will do well in counter attacking situation or a 2v3 situation. A mature LB will easily stop her. Not like her crosses are anything sha.

Another tactical way is to overload her RB partner so she gets more involved in defending by force. Solved.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
daveP:
Ajakaye>>>>

She get pace and energy but weak vision. She will do well in counter attacking situation or a 2v3 situation. A mature LB will easily stop her. Not like her crosses are anything sha.

Another tactical way is to overload her RB partner so she gets more involved in defending by force. Solved.

If they were playing the SuperFalcons for example she has a lot of Strong players to face, for example Ajibade and Babajide plays on the flank, she will need to help her fullback with a lot of Defensive duties cause those players are quick, skillful and very physical too.. Then she go come jam Ucheibe or Ayinde or Abeodun for Midfield.. it’s definitely going to be a lot difficult for her..

South Africa and Zambia look similar in their style of play just that SA are good at handling the Ball than Zambia.., Cut off Supply to their Speedy players especially those long ball’s then it’s Finnish for them…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:51am On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

E fit be fake news sha. Superfalcons tv page on Instagram.

It's fake news.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 7:31am On Dec 16, 2023
lovewins:

It's fake news.
But what exactly would the problem be if she chooses us? Is it that Spain would not allow her?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:32am On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

But what exactly would the problem be if she chooses us? Is it that Spain would not allow her?

There won't be a problem if she chooses us. The question however is why will she choose Nigeria? She was the best u17 player and has been playing professionally in the La Liga since she was 15. What incentive does she have to choose Nigeria when she's all but guaranteed a place in the Spanish squad? Again things change but at of now there's really no reason save for sentiments to consider Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2023
lovewins:

There won't be a problem if she chooses us. The question however is why will she choose Nigeria? She was the best u17 player and has been playing professionally in the La Liga since she was 15. What incentive does she have to choose Nigeria when she's all but guaranteed a place in the Spanish squad? Again things change but at of now there's really no reason save for sentiments to consider Nigeria.
The sentiment is what I'm talking about. I think both she and her Spanish father have said earlier that she wants to do it for the memory of her mum.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:15am On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

The sentiment is what I'm talking about. I think both she and her Spanish father have said earlier that she wants to do it for the memory of her mum.

Reportedly. In the scheme of things she wasn't that significant at the time. Now it's going to be a lot difficult. Leaving the Spanish team is one thing, coming to face the wahala of the NFF is another. There's really no incentive on our end.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

True she has very good ball sense. Real quality there.
She also reminds me of Oshoala 2014. Oshoala was pure class then off from a defensive midfield position in 2012.

She is the LeBron James of American women's soccer. Imagine her and Rodman running at a defense, that's a scary sight.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Nigeria/Swedish Woman Footballer Evelyn Ijeh who plays for tigres fc in Mexico is currently in Nigeria and she joined AOA girls for our core character session on Friday to share with the girls her journey and experiences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRaAr54-vwg?si=ismjWWccpjujFWAz

I for go greet her for IG but no let me save the time for better People, It’s very clear that this SA and Zambia never liked Nigeria for once… Envy and Jealousy at is peak… Imagine she stated that Asisat was injured in and out but at the end still became Barca Top Scorer in the Liga F.. How did Asisat Score those goals?? Ahbi Liga F da award goals to players without Playing…

Janine should go and rest and face her life, The whole of South Africa Women Football can’t even stand in wherever Asisat Oshoala stands as they’re far below her rank. Let them deal with that jealousy go surely kill them…

Asisat Oshoala ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Deltamani:

I for go greet her for IG but no let me save the time for better People, It’s very clear that this SA and Zambia never liked Nigeria for once… Envy and Jealousy at is peak… Imagine she stated that Asisat was injured in and out but at the end still became Barca Top Scorer in the Liga F.. How did Asisat Score those goals?? Ahbi Liga F da award goals to players without Playing…

Janine should go and rest and face her life, The whole of South Africa Women Football can’t even stand in wherever Asisat Oshoala stands as they’re far below her rank. Let them deal with that jealousy go surely kill them…

Asisat Oshoala ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Kgatlana had a good chance to win it because she had a better World cup performance than Oshoala but she couldn't even show her quality in the Spanish league where she played alongside Ajibade in AMM.
So all round, Oshoala deserves it. Kundinaji and Tabitha were even more outstanding at club level than Kgatlana.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) ... (1090) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani, naptu2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.