Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,637 members, 7,861,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (839379 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) ... (1089) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Deltamani:

If they were playing the SuperFalcons for example she has a lot of Strong players to face, for example Ajibade and Babajide plays on the flank, she will need to help her fullback with a lot of Defensive duties cause those players are quick, skillful and very physical too.. Then she go come jam Ucheibe or Ayinde or Abeodun for Midfield.. it’s definitely going to be a lot difficult for her..

South Africa and Zambia look similar in their style of play just that SA are good at handling the Ball than Zambia.., Cut off Supply to their Speedy players especially those long ball’s then it’s Finnish for them…
If we make it through to final of Olympics qualifiers, it will be a juicy affair. The SA that beat us at Wafcon will meet a totally fired up falcons midfield. I'll love a friendly with Zambia though. Let's see how Banda will be.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
daveP:
If we make it through to final of Olympics qualifiers, it will be a juicy affair. The SA that beat us at Wafcon will meet a totally fired up falcons midfield. I'll love a friendly with Zambia though. Let's see how Banda will be.
Remember at the time even Ucheibe was not in that game because Rita Chikwelu was still a favourite to Waldrum despite complaints by fans then.

Now we have Ucheibe, Abiodun and Halimatu in defensive midfield. Attacking midfield position has Payne, Echiegini, and Oyenezide.

For me what is left for us is a reliable left back and at least two more strikers/wingers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
There will always be 'hatorade' for those at the top of their craft. Oshoala maximizes the time she is fit and makes the best of it.
That is the reason why she has been very successful at Barca.
Kgatlana is a nomad - never really settles in one club and is always running towards the next best thing, or club. She is never settled. You don't win anything if you do that.

Please, let them be jealousy jealous. Looking forward to the potential Olympic qualifier with them (provided we get past the pesky Cameroonians). We need to beat them black and blue. The ladies feel that way too!
Deltamani:

I for go greet her for IG but no let me save the time for better People, It’s very clear that this SA and Zambia never liked Nigeria for once… Envy and Jealousy at is peak… Imagine she stated that Asisat was injured in and out but at the end still became Barca Top Scorer in the Liga F.. How did Asisat Score those goals?? Ahbi Liga F da award goals to players without Playing…

Janine should go and rest and face her life, The whole of South Africa Women Football can’t even stand in wherever Asisat Oshoala stands as they’re far below her rank. Let them deal with that jealousy go surely kill them…

Asisat Oshoala ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
You can add Elisha Sulola to the list of available midfielders, as she can play both AM and DM. I honestly do not see Oyenezide as being ready for this level - but...

Upfront, the addition of Rinsola is nice. Would also like to have them start to blend Edna Imade into the squad. We need to throw our full arsenal at these mouthy South Africans and give them a good ass whopping!

GeneralDae:

Remember at the time even Ucheibe was not in that game because Rita Chikwelu was still a favourite to Waldrum despite complaints by fans then.

Now we have Ucheibe, Abiodun and Halimatu in defensive midfield. Attacking midfield position has Payne, Echiegini, and Oyenezide.

For me what is left for us is a reliable left back and at least two more strikers/wingers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

I remember when Ucheibe said in one interview that Veteran Onome Ebi and one other senior in the team where advising her about taking her chance once she gets into the Starting 11… and she did.
She said they called her and told her Christy your fitness is more than of two persons oo keep training harder once you get the chance take am..!

Cameroon na only gra gra dem sabi, we know how to get over them cause their gra gra no da work for us…

We losing to SA during the WAFCON was all Randy’s fault because he was still struggling with his Selection then, thank God he finally got it right going to the World Cup.. I really want to see how the Southy Midfield will be able to cope with Engine Christy Ucheibe, Halimatu Ayinde and Skillful Tony Payne couple with Deborah Abeodun. Regina Otu is another alternative too.

We got the qualities just the Coaching set up and again NFF administrative aspect shouldn’t affect them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tomorrow Afternoon
UDG Tenerife vs Barcelona

Let me get my Popcorn 🍿 and Yoghurt ready for the Battle of SuperFalcons Forwards…

Monday Gift
Esther Okoronkwo
Rinsola Babajide
Asisat Oshoala

Hopefully we would get to see 2 or 3 of them start for their various Clubs at the Rodríguez Lopez Heliodoro Stadium 🏟️

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
Demehin and Imuran scored for Stade de Reims today🤗

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
Damn I know this is a thread for female football but Osimhen too good chai. We need his exact female no 9.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:
Damn I know this is a thread for female football but Osimhen too good chai. We need his exact female no 9.

Lol 😂

We already gave you
1. Asisat Oshoala
2. Ifeoma Onumonu
3. Esther Okoronkwo
4. Macleans Chinonyerem
5. Anam IMO
6. Evelyn Ijeh

Pick one from there…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

I don’t think such 9 are still in the Women’s game maybe just few.. Gone are those days when you will see physically imposing strikers like Birgit Prinz, Abby Wambach, Lotta Schelin, Christiane, Melissa Tancredi, Sinclair, Sarah Michael in the women’s game..! E belike say that time don pass…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
Deltamani:

Lol 😂

We already gave you
1. Asisat Oshoala
2. Ifeoma Onumonu
3. Esther Okoronkwo
4. Macleans Chinonyerem
5. Anam IMO
6. Evelyn Ijeh

Pick one from there…
Nah, only prime Oparanozie fits the Osimhen style. Macleans also, but she is yet to prove herself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

That 2-1 loss was not just an announcement of how terrible our midfield was. It was the fact that it was SA that loss came by. A skyrocketing change has occured and I'm glad they can't boss us in an encounter even if Mothlalo and Seopensewe dey there.

We need strikers that have the volley from afar style. No be to enter box dey do bunching and anywhere belle face. I hope we solve that next.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
daveP:

That 2-1 loss was not just an announcement of how terrible our midfield was. It was the fact that it was SA that loss came by. A skyrocketing change has occured and I'm glad they can't boss us in an encounter even if Mothlalo and Seopensewe dey there.

We need strikers that have the volley from afar style. No be to enter box dey do bunching and anywhere belle face. I hope we solve that next.

One of the reasons I think we need a goal Scoring Midfielder like Onyi Echegini who can shoot from anywhere, you must not get into the box first, once you catch the goalkeeper off guard… Shoot.!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Deltamani:

One of the reasons I think we need a goal Scoring Midfielder like Onyi Echegini who can shoot from anywhere, you must not get into the box first, once you catch the goalkeeper off guard… Shoot.!
I love players like Onyi. Her shots on goal are always on point most times. If she misses, either she troubles the goalkeeper or misses just narrowly.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

Nah, only prime Oparanozie fits the Osimhen style. Macleans also, but she is yet to prove herself.

Yeah Macleans be giving that Oparanozie kind of vibes mainly because she’s typically a number 9 and have dsame Physical Attributes as Oparanozie..

A well built No.9 cause I like my top9 aggressive coupled with intimidating physique.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
Maclean didn’t play much this season because of injury, She was the top Scorer of the Russian Women’s League before she got injured and she was out for over 2months .. managed 9goals in 15 appearances..

I hope she will be okay enough for next season as I have high hopes on her.. She’s just 24yrs though., there’s still time for her to break in.!

She has an intimidating physique, good in front of goal, hold up play is good, can use both feet’s effectively and also very good in the air..!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
Anyway her growth is in Progress from Belarus 🇧🇾 to Poland 🇵🇱 down to Russia 🇷🇺.. From Russia she should be aiming for the top6 big league in Europe!

I remember very well how Coach Randy Waldrum spoke highly of her before the WAFCON but she didn’t get that much game time needed for her to Prove herself..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCv-ZtgtNM0?feature=shared

If she was from Countries like Cameroon, Ghana, Cote’d’ivoire, Mali, Kenya, Tanzania she will definitely be a starter there!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
Sad one … Esther Okoronkwo won’t be available for the game against Barca tomorrow, I saw her post drugs on her instagram story yesterday before she went Live for her 50k Talent show giveaway where she captioned with “I hate taking drugs”

Alozie and Christy Ucheibe also joined yesterday..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
daveP:

Randy Wadrum cost us that game. Not playing Christy was a ridiculous decision. That was my big issue with Waldrum, he takes to long to give younger players a chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:47am On Dec 17, 2023
Do you agree?

Are the home based Nigerian female players better than the foreign based ones?

Coach Emmanuel Osahon Mentioned that foreign Super Falcons players are not as effective or strong as home based league players.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:

I for go greet her for IG but no let me save the time for better People, It’s very clear that this SA and Zambia never liked Nigeria for once… Envy and Jealousy at is peak… Imagine she stated that Asisat was injured in and out but at the end still became Barca Top Scorer in the Liga F.. How did Asisat Score those goals?? Ahbi Liga F da award goals to players without Playing…

Janine should go and rest and face her life, The whole of South Africa Women Football can’t even stand in wherever Asisat Oshoala stands as they’re far below her rank. Let them deal with that jealousy go surely kill them…

Asisat Oshoala ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

No mind am. She's just jealous.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:25am On Dec 17, 2023
Haba.. 😢

Rinsola Babajide the only Starter in the UDG Tenerife vs Barcelona Derby

Monday Gift and Asisat Oshoala on the bench..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:
Haba.. 😢

Please post the live link here. Can't find where to stream.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2023
GeneralDae:

Please post the live link here. Can't find where to stream.

https://www.youtube.com/live/GcYDIx4Qs1A?si=aX0nXMHOuDB_ed0t
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2023
GeneralDae:

Oh not available in Germany. Thanks.

Use a VPN
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:
Haba.. 😢

I'm surprised you are surprised. Oshoala has obviously been out of action a while. One of Rinsola or Monday starts and Rinsola has been the preferred lately. We may see both Oshoala and Monday in the second half.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
lovewins:

I'm surprised you are surprised. Oshoala has obviously been out of action a while. One of Rinsola or Monday starts and Rinsola has been the preferred lately. We may see both Oshoala and Monday in the second half.

Rinsola has Justin Madugu to thank for her start last week. With Gift starting 2 matches the Tenerife coach went with Rinsola and she earned this start with the assist in the last match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gift would tear this Barca side up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Gift would tear this Barca side up

Lol 😂
She better do that cause her she’s one of the most inconsistent forward we have right now, perform for 2 or 3 games then goes off for a while.. She has the talent though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Rinsola has Justin Madugu to thank for her start last week. With Gift starting 2 matches the Tenerife coach went with Rinsola and she earned this start with the assist in the last match.

But why did Tenerife Coach Play Babajide in her alternative position? Should have left her on the Left which is her Original position… Monday GifT would have done better on the right, have seen her do shit to Real Madrid Left back previously while playing from the Left…

But Tenerife Low Block no be here ooo 5-4-1 while defending 😂🤗
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:
Do you agree?

Are the home based Nigerian female players better than the foreign based ones?

Coach Emmanuel Osahon Mentioned that foreign Super Falcons players are not as effective or strong as home based league players.
Not absolutely but the point remains we must also look out for outstanding players in the league and not relegate them for average and above average players in foreign leagues especially leagues outside the top 6 in the world.

We need a good mix, a good balance like we always used to have in female football and like Stephen Keshi of blessed memories had in 2013 in the men's game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) ... (1089) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: naptu2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.