Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,329 members, 7,864,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (841594 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) ... (1090) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
lovewins:

Use a VPN
Sure. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:

Lol 😂
She better do that cause her she’s one of the most inconsistent forward we have right now, perform for 2 or 3 games then goes off for a while.. She has the talent though.

It depends what u call consistency. If u are talking about goals and assist, maybe but if we are talking putting ur opponent under pressure whenever u are on the ball, I believe Gift is our most consistent forward.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Rinsola has Justin Madugu to thank for her start last week. With Gift starting 2 matches the Tenerife coach went with Rinsola and she earned this start with the assist in the last match.

Not sure how you reached that conclusion sha. Esther also didn't start during the international break and she even had 3 goals that should have made her the preferred, but she was on the bench the first game back and is missing this one due to an illness. Sometimes, these decisions are reached in training. Many other players were on international break, played multiple games and still started. Bloom from the same club even had more minutes for Belgium than Monday for Nigeria and she's started both games since her return.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by maidaboi(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
Oshoala should be looking for a club she will be starting

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
lovewins:

Not sure how you reached that conclusion sha. Esther also didn't start during the international break and she even had 3 goals that should have made her the preferred, but she was on the bench the first game back and is missing this one due to an illness. Sometimes, these decisions are reached in training. Many other players were on international break, played multiple games and still started. Bloom from the same club even had more minutes for Belgium than Monday for Nigeria and she's started both games since her return.

She played 45 minutes in both matches. That was like 20 minutes less than Gift. As long as I have watched football the international break as an effect on who starts right after.

Belgium is in Europe last time I checked. U can't compare a flying within the continent to coming from outside.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2023
The GOAT comes in soon cool
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

She played 45 minutes in both matches. That was like 20 minutes less than Gift. As long as I have watched football the international break as an effect on who starts right after.

Belgium is in Europe last time I checked. U can't compare a flying within the continent to coming from outside.

Not sure who you are referring to, but if it is Bloom then you're wrong. Gift played 53 minutes to Bloom's 69 in the first game. They both played 45 minutes in the second game. I think Esther come in for gift in both games.

As for flying across continents, I only used Bloom as an example since they are in the same club. Demehin, Ajibade, Toni and Nnadozie all started mostly playing 90 minutes at the international break and also started since their return to their various clubs. They also flew across continents.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

It depends what u call consistency. If u are talking about goals and assist, maybe but if we are talking putting ur opponent under pressure whenever u are on the ball, I believe Gift is our most consistent forward.

Putting Opponents under Pressure??😂😂😂

Monday Gift can’t give it as Rasheedat Ajibade does so don’t..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:

Gift definitely still had a lot to prove. I also do not think Rinsola is the answer. They are hoth alike in my opinion with a little difference.

Flourish on her good day is more of a pressure to opponent's defence than Gift is.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
lovewins:

Not sure who you are referring to, but if it is Bloom then you're wrong. Gift played 53 minutes to Bloom's 69 in the first game. They both played 45 minutes in the second game. I think Esther come in for gift in both games.

As for flying across continents, I only used Bloom as an example since they are in the same club. Demehin, Ajibade, Toni and Nnadozie all started mostly playing 90 minutes at the international break and also started since their return to their various clubs. They also flew across continents.

U lost me. I was talking about the international break. Gift played 45 minutes in Abuja then 70 something in cape Verde. Esther came in at the beginning of the 2nd half in both matches meaning they both had around the same playing time. Rinsola came in at around 80 something in both matches.

Now how many of those players u named have a backup that is seen as capable of doing the same job? I am not saying that this is the only thing that the coach uses to decide but it definitely plays a part.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:

Rasheedat runs at players and hugs the line for Nigeria. With Atletico she is asked to cut in and score goals. Even at that u can't compare what she does for Nigeria to what Gift does in Spain.

Gift literally runs through players and causes mayhem almost every time she is on the ball. Once she touches the ball the crowd get excited. Once she starts getting the goals and assists consistently (which I believe will come soon) this ur comment will seem very ridiculous and I will make sure to remind u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Randy Wadrum cost us that game. Not playing Christy was a ridiculous decision. That was my big issue with Waldrum, he takes to long to give younger players a chance.

That man vex us that year. Never liked him cos of the selection and tactics. He came around almost late. I guess the Morocco name gave everyone the Winners We Can do a lot mentality. Christy is a big revelation.

Imagine a Onyi/Abiodun/Christy midfield.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:

One of the reasons I think we need a goal Scoring Midfielder like Onyi Echegini who can shoot from anywhere, you must not get into the box first, once you catch the goalkeeper off guard… Shoot.!

Recall i was angry at the ladies that last Afcon or so. Their shooting be like na pap dem dey chop. Very annoying. They'll get into juicy spots and expect nothing cos it will be wasted. If we get this aspect right, how sweet!!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli any chance you're uploading clip of Imuran and Demehin's goals. Can't seem to find the highlight.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
lovewins:
BascoVanVeli any chance you're uploading clip of Imuran and Demehin's goals. Can't seem to find the highlight.

I'm editing right now. Trying to figure out what to do with Tosin's short passes. If I put them all the video might be too long.

I just got done with Jennifer's title game sha

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
Echegini Named Honda Award Finalist for Women's Soccer

FSU Onyi Echegini is adding another accolade to her spectacular season as she was named a finalist for the Honda Award for women's soccer on Monday afternoon. This is the fourth consecutive season that FSU has had a finalist for the award as Jaelin Howell was a finalist in 2020 and 2021 while also winning the award in 2021. Jenna Nighswonger was a finalist for the award last season. Echegini is looking to become FSU's third Honda Award winner joining Natalia Kuikka (2018) and Howell (2021).

The ACC Offensive Player of the Year and MAC Hermann Trophy finalist had a year to remember for the 2023 National Champions. Echegini led the Seminoles with 16 goals and five assists in 23 games this season. Her 16 goals were tied for eighth for the most goals scored in school history. The First Team All-American led the ACC in both goals and in points and finished in the top 10 in the country in both categories. En route to the Seminoles' fourth title, Echegini scored three goals and added two assists in the NCAA Tournament. Echegini rose to the occasion multiple times this season and played her best games against ranked opponents. In 10 games against ranked foes, Echegini scored nine goals and added one assists for FSU and also scored the game-winning goal in three of those games.
The Honda Sport Award has been presented annually by the CWSA for the past 48 years to the top women athletes in 12 NCAA-sanctioned sports and signifies "the best of the best in collegiate athletics". The winner of the sport award becomes a finalist for the Collegiate Woman Athlete of the Year and the prestigious 2024 Honda Cup, which will be presented on a live telecast on CBS Sports Network on Monday, June 24, 2024, at 7 PM ET, from its new home in New York City.

The women's soccer finalists by a panel of experts and coaches from the United Soccer Coaches. The Honda Sport award winner for soccer will be announced later this week after voting by administrators from over 1,000 NCAA member schools. Each NCAA member institution has a vote.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

I'm editing right now. Trying to figure out what to do with Tosin's short passes. If I put them all the video might be too long.

Ok. Appreciate it.

Looking forward to it
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Onyi Echegini have really made a name for herself… If she was to be an American I believed the USWNT will be eyeing her with a Call up soon…

Nominated for the biggest Awards afar as the US College Soccer is concerned…Honda Award and MAC Hermann Finalist…

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2023
Guys I had to bring this here! See Stadium wha dem spend $1.19M Build😢💔
FIFA, NFF inaugurate $1.19m mini stadium in Kebbi

The Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) and the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) have inaugurated a mini stadium said to be worth $1.19 million in Kebbi.

According to NAN, Nasir Idris, governor of Kebbi, led the commissioning of the facility, located on Kalgo Road in Birnin Kebbi, the state capital. The foundation of the mini stadium was laid in September 2020 by Atiku Bagudu, former governor of the state.

The project is sponsored by FIFA through its “Forward Programme” which aims at providing more comprehensive funding and support for football development projects across the world.

Speaking at the inauguration, Ibrahim Gusau, NFF president, said the federation will do more to provide facilities to improve the stadium’s standard further.
He promised more effort to improve sports development across the country.

“We are going to do more to increase the facilities for the stadium to be of standard than its now,” Gusau said.

“We are not going to let the youth down and I urge them to come back to help others that are coming up if they have the opportunities outside the country.”
The FIFA Forward programme also funds another mini stadium in Ugborodo, Delta State.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:
Guys I had to bring this here! See Stadium wha dem spend $1.19M Build😢💔
FIFA, NFF inaugurate $1.19m mini stadium in Kebbi

The Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) and the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) have inaugurated a mini stadium said to be worth $1.19 million in Kebbi.

According to NAN, Nasir Idris, governor of Kebbi, led the commissioning of the facility, located on Kalgo Road in Birnin Kebbi, the state capital. The foundation of the mini stadium was laid in September 2020 by Atiku Bagudu, former governor of the state.

The project is sponsored by FIFA through its “Forward Programme” which aims at providing more comprehensive funding and support for football development projects across the world.

Speaking at the inauguration, Ibrahim Gusau, NFF president, said the federation will do more to provide facilities to improve the stadium’s standard further.
He promised more effort to improve sports development across the country.

“We are going to do more to increase the facilities for the stadium to be of standard than its now,” Gusau said.

“We are not going to let the youth down and I urge them to come back to help others that are coming up if they have the opportunities outside the country.”
The FIFA Forward programme also funds another mini stadium in Ugborodo, Delta State.

This was done under Pinnick. Gasau has no hand in this. Funny thing is, this even looks better, the one in Delta in Pinnick's place is an eyesore.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2023
lovewins:

This was done under Pinnick. Gasau has no hand in this. Funny thing is, this even looks better, the one in Delta in Pinnick's place is an eyesore.

God Abeg oooo
If them use that money upgrade one of the National Stadium it would have been bettee na..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nigeria get Players sha, No Africa comes close in terms of Players …!

Fielding a 2nd 11 should be able to win or better still finish top4 in the WAFCON..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:
Nigeria get Players sha, No Africa comes close in terms of Players …!

Fielding a 2nd 11 should be able to win or better still finish top4 in the WAFCON..
For me, we are not really there yet.We need at least two reliable in form strikers or wingers from my point of view. The midfield is classy though and that is good.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
Deltamani:

God Abeg oooo
If them use that money upgrade one of the National Stadium it would have been bettee na..

It's FIFA money o. FIFA gave them for developmental project. I think it's well over $2M. It's that same money Morocco is using to develop their facilities amongst others.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
Toni Payne scores for Sevilla. 1-1 at half time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
Good to see Elisha Sulola holding her own in Valencia Midfield…

After recovering from the injury that kept her out earlier on this season She has gradually worked her way into the starting 11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
Jennifer vs Stanford highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYkrShB4ltU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
Paris FC Benching 6 starters against PSG tonight because of Champions League game against Real Madrid…

The starting XI for this derby against PSG Féminines !
Paris really need to go into the Market this January and get at least 4 International Players with a lot of experience… Their roaster is very thin full of Youthful Players

https://www.youtube.com/live/k510pmDVyO4?si=V0WLOMomSFHmLnIb

https://www.youtube.com/live/c9AWujxLYe0?si=GJriz4nlB0QpjcNX

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2023
Tosin Demehin and Rofiat Imuran vs Lille

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7zBtWSXJ48

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
Paris FC up 1-0 vs PSG
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
Penalty PSG. Can she make it 2 for 2?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Penalty PSG. Can she make it 2 for 2?

Sent the wrong way. Paris 1-1 PSG

(1) (2) (3) ... (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) (965) ... (1090) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.