Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nairaland Versus Facebook - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Versus Facebook (11834 Views)

Poll: Which one gives you the desired infotainment

Nairaland: 67% (163 votes)
Facebook: 32% (80 votes)
This poll has ended

Smooth Chest Versus Hairy Chest, Which Do YouPrefer on your partner / Comandclem Nigeria Limited Versus Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited / Light Versus Dark Skinned Ladies [who Rocks?] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by sayso: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2009
The way Nairaland is makes it what it is now,many people have become Rich,Employed,Dreams realized,Married, acquainted with friends,Nigerians in Diaspora knows about home,People have bought cars,houses,Land,Laptops,Phones yes phones I said,Educated,Certified,I cannot say all though it is faceless but the wealth of information in Nairaland cannot be compromised with any.Am a professional in Satellite installation now coutesy of Nairaland,am watching over 300 satellite channels in my home now.Though I have facebook account but what have I gained except pasting the picture of my son on the wall.make I stop here jarri.Seun what you have done for this country will remain now and forever.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by sayso: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland has a spelling check,can facebook beat that,until then as a Nigerian Nairaland is better in all things.When people say Nairaland is faceless,what about the daily contact mobile phone numbers on display that allows people to talk to each other,attend parties and even share pictures.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Fostercat(m): 8:29am On Oct 21, 2009
some people dey do eye service here

GBAM !!!!!!!!

FB and NL r all good,but r diffrent.AS sombodi said earlier,*i am a good guy in fb and my self in NL*that the simple truth.

I love NL but this days, FB have taken my attention, I am always on "SHaring life issue with Chaz B" on FB,it quite Hilarious,

I love BOth,
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Ben13: 8:38am On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland is a forum, Facebook is not. The work differently at their best.

One opened window is Facebook.
The other is Nairaland.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by THEAMAKA(f): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2009
why are people are trying to argue with another person's opinion.
so. . . undecided
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Genuflect(m): 8:52am On Oct 21, 2009
I have to say I wouldn't be able to type this if not for Nairaland. My boys in the phone section. Then for music requests (I just heard a new song on radio), Lalaboi and khanye gat my back. Then rap battles, sports, romance etc. You just can't undermine the power of information. I have never logged in to Nairaland, and not added to my overall knowledge. And I mean that literally
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by vicade(m): 8:59am On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland is cool for information and entertainment. Not to talk of the soccer discusions and the rest. With facebook however. i have found many of my long lost friends. i can chat with real friends. check their pictures and all that.

Facebook is more useful to me however it gets boring after a while Nairaland is never boring. There is always one funny character to always start or contribute to a funny topic such as this one. Moreover facebook is on point while nairaland has 70 percent garbage contribution for each topic.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by sayso: 9:14am On Oct 21, 2009
some people have more than 8 thousand post and more in Nl,may I ask what were you doing there?
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by shadoghale(m): 9:36am On Oct 21, 2009
NAIRALAND or Facebook , I can read, am successful, Nairaland for Life!!!!!.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by nethacker(m): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2009
I love both with passion.Facebook: I meet babes n friends. Nairaland: I get infos wella men grin
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Jakumo(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2009
Interesting comparison.  Nairaland and other subject-specific internet forums offer a degree of anonymity, which, though not air-tight by any means, does serve as an ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL layer of user protection, when the topic of discussion often turns to the endemic high-level criminality found in  third-world countries that could turn repressive on a dime, a la China.

As for Facebook and Twitter, maybe I will someday learn to appreciate the benefits accruable subsequent to having ones personal details and photographs available for persual by literally millions of indentity thieves and sundry fraudsters on the internet, but in all likelihood by the time I see the light,  I'll be too old and ugly to put my mug up for inspection anyway.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Genuflect(m): 10:18am On Oct 21, 2009
Jakumo:

Interesting comparison.  Nairaland and other subject-specific internet forums offer a degree of anonymity, which, though not air-tight by any means, does serve as an ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL layer of user protection, when the topic of discussion often turns to the endemic high-level criminality found in  third-world countries that could turn repressive on a dime, a la China.

As for Facebook and Twitter, maybe I will someday learn to appreciate the benefits accruable subsequent to having ones personal details and photographs available for persual by literally millions of indentity thieves and sundry fraudsters on the internet, but in all likelihood by the time I see the light,  I'll be too old and ugly to put my mug up for inspection anyway.
Omo, see grammar. Lol
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by bibiking1(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2009
Jakumo:

so you see why i'll chose NL, you hardly get these sort of comments there with the fluidity and essentiality with which Brother Jakumo (who robbed me of my Hrandfather clock) dispenses 'em.
You would also not see the Mapomeji crew on Facebook, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Unless they changed their minds!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by jidobaba(m): 10:31am On Oct 21, 2009
Jakumo, I see u are still on your pedagogically-induced high, u ugly dog grin
I Hate FaceBook
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by steaming(f): 10:37am On Oct 21, 2009
facebook is one-sided, entertainment and gossip purely,

nairaland is versatile, check out all the sections there, very educating and informative.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Nezan(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2009
NL and facebook to me, are two different sites. While you can share information with friends on FB, NL is purely a discussion forum.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by whalezy4u(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2009
To be sincere i prefer NL to Facebook
So NL is Beta
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Pharoh: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2009
Both were created to serve different purposes and they are both excelling in that regard. On the basis of the above argument there is no ground for comparison.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by IGWEUSA(m): 11:07am On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland-------------------------- Made for 21st century Nigerian tribal wars
Facebook-------------------------- Helps to reconnect with old friends.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by MyJoe: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2009
Jakumo:

I concur!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Xtyan: 11:23am On Oct 21, 2009
NL is beta to me than fb
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Pyramid001: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland all the way.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by muhsin(m): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2009
Like both.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by tunday02(m): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2009
If u want real information, knowledge, jokes and entertainment, Nairaland shouldn't be compared with facebook. They are two different social sites with different motives.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2009
I pose to be modest on facebook, but here I express my feelings without reservations but not rudely. I also learn a lot on free-to-air forum of nairaland. Now I can install a complete 3metre dish and configure it through what I learn here.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Mbeki: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2009
Some of you who don't know what facebook is out to achieve ignorantly submits your profile and all your family pictures online. if you don't know, Facebook is a tool by anti-christ to collect the data of as many people as possible, so that they can easily hunt you through you profile.
Think you these requirements

Your place of birth
Your nursery school
Your secondary school
University
where you work
your friends
all your picture
All these so that they can track you down. some idiots on facebook will post anything they do on what they call their wall. I pity them! dem go know wen dat time reach!

It's a pity black men don't reason. I love NAIRALAND. facebook Ko!backbook ni! angry angry
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by suxes2005(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2009
I spend most of my time on NL. I only visit fb whenever my friend ask me to check her new status. I luv NL, gained alot here esp in d travel session. Thru nl, i met an uncle in usa and we are talkin fine.  NL all d way (except d ban thing)

SHALOM
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by obstead200(m): 11:55am On Oct 21, 2009
I think there really isnt any basis for comparison. they serve different purposes.

On NL u get to air your views, learn pple's view, see the issue from all possible perspectives  (b'cos all pretexts are droped since no one knows ur face).

On FB, u get to hook up with old pals, make new freinds, and generally make yourself look good to the world.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by nwene222(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
I prefer Nairaland. Facebook is more like a gossip site to me
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Genuflect(m): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
Mbeki:

Some of you who don't know what facebook is out to achieve ignorantly submits your profile and all your family pictures online. if you don't know, Facebook is a tool by anti-christ to collect the data of as many people as possible, so that they can easily hunt you through you profile.
Think you these requirements

Your place of birth
Your nursery school
Your secondary school
University
where you work
your friends
all your picture
All these so that they can track you down. some idiots on facebook will post anything they do on what they call their wall. I pity them! dem go know wen dat time reach!

It's a pity black men don't reason. I love NAIRALAND. facebook Ko!backbook ni! angry angry

Voted the most ignorant post of the day. Lol
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Nestoville(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2009
My comparison would be which has been more beneficial. Yes FB is one of the greatest things to happen in this century but truth is apart from networking with old lost friends and being able to hear the latest gossip or see a new showoff  its the same ole networking site, however NL is more informative and purposeful. NL is the bomb, FB has very great untapped potentials,  maybe Seun can sell Mark Zukerberg some ideas!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Bamsyle(m): 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2009
Nairaland

It offers a dynamic range of topics and issues - a prototype disneyland for all-comers . . . any and every comer can have a bite at the cherry - from movies to music, autos, career talk, religion, sports and what have you . . . and again, though not primarily so, it can also serve as a social networking site . . .

That's interesting.

Facebook is primarily for social networking, albeit with some intermittent flashes of information . . . 98% of activities on fb can be conveniently labelled "Networking" . . .

And that's pretty boring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why French Manicures Are Still Popular Today And Maby From CEO Tran Quang Change / Nairalander Caught With Her Knicker's Down (pic) 18 / The Best Way To Win Goal Goal On Betpawa Virtual Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.