Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Nairaland Versus Facebook - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Versus Facebook (11843 Views)

Poll: Which one gives you the desired infotainment

Nairaland: 67% (163 votes)
Facebook: 32% (80 votes)
This poll has ended

Smooth Chest Versus Hairy Chest, Which Do YouPrefer on your partner / Comandclem Nigeria Limited Versus Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited / Light Versus Dark Skinned Ladies [who Rocks?] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by madamL(f): 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
I head to NL more because no one knows me there. I am just Madam L, good for me that way. It is easier to express oneself here. Facebook is boring, I only use it to connect with all my old friends and schoolmates and there we bore each other and discuss in serious tones.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by mrperfect(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2009
Both are different, face book is more regulated than Nairaland where people will insult your mama, papa, wife, generations even ancestors and still log on in the forum or even promoted for being active.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by CHAIRMAN1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
NL keeps me and other nigerians in diaspora up to speed wit whats hapeening in our country.
It's now more like a daily tonic.

I'll also like to advice Seun and his admin staff to stop allowin some topics to make it to the front page. Like i saw a post this morning 'WOULD YOU DATE A WOMAN TALLER THAN YOU' angry, twas quite absurd it should have been left down below in d romance or gossip section.

One love ma people wink
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Anabel(f): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
abeg eeee. nairaland for my life, i can sleep here, wake here, eat here, its not boring for a second, facebook, nah, nada its boring, everybody there dey claim say dem dey away
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by lizfab(f): 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
Facebook anyday. Though I also like nairaland
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
lizfab:

Facebook anyday. Though I also like nairaland
Yes Facebook anyday grin grin, Add me with the link below, wink
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by iammodel(m): 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2009
facebook is a social networking site while NL is a forum, a place for public discussion and as such serve different purposes.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by THEAMAKA(f): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
££VICTOR££:

Yes Facebook anyday grin grin, Add me with the link below, wink
this guy. i dont understand you.
why are you flooding your hypocrisy on this thread.
you say nairaland is this and that.
in your own words "a bloody waste of time"
yet you are all over this thread and posting all over this forum.
so exactly what is nairaland again?
dude, if nairaland was so "LAME" you wouldnt be on here.
so sucks for you! tongue
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Shola2009(m): 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^ word!!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by THEAMAKA(f): 12:00am On Oct 22, 2009
^^^

lol
fine boy, you know it. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by SeanT21(f): 12:20am On Oct 22, 2009
Facebook
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by collinx(m): 12:54am On Oct 22, 2009
Facebook is for tracking lost friends or meeting new ones while Nairaland is where you enrich your understanding of topical issues and at the same time have a good laugh, now which do i chose Facebook 45% nairaland 55%
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by maipeople(m): 2:32am On Oct 22, 2009
Know what? I'm not a regular poster of this great forum(which government should also give 10% of the oil revenue!!!) but it my First Source of Information (FSI) every blessing day before doing anything in my office. Bros & Sis keep it Up and try to bring in new ideas for improving this MEGA FORUM. Big Hi to Seun.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by maipeople(m): 2:52am On Oct 22, 2009
I beg ur Pardon it is F[/b]irst [b]I[/b]nfomation [b]S[/b]ource([b]FIS as in Peace) not First Source of Information(fsi)
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by ritaNL: 3:16am On Oct 22, 2009
Lol . . . . NL all the way.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by sayso: 8:10am On Oct 22, 2009
@THE AMAKA,madam that your tori,where the part 2 dey?
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by THEAMAKA(f): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2009
sayso:

@THE AMAKA,madam that your tori,where the part 2 dey?
itll be coming soon. some time in early NOV though.
just hang on, i know it seems like a long ways away. lol
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Maxidoe(m): 8:46am On Oct 22, 2009
nex:

If I want to be happy, or I'm happy, or want to remain happy, I'll stick to Facebook. If I'm angry, or trying to get angry, or want to remain angry, I'll go straight to Nairaland.

Facebook doesn't take sides in an argument or start to skew arguments by deleting posts.

I just chatted with my classmate from primary school on Facebook.

There are various platforms through which I meet Facebook friends face to face.

There are groups that can be formed to pursue common interests on Facebook.

You can meet a lot of people in society and even if not add them as friends, at least give them a decent piece of you mind on Facebook (without being rude of course) you can't do that on Nairaland because even Yar'Adua will deny his own ID.

People are more honest and real on Facebook while on Nairaland, people claim what they cannot do.

I now get some news earlier through status updates on Facebook than on Nairaland, but I believe for more detailed comprehensive news, It's Nairaland.

I've been offered more than 5 jobs on Facebook while on Nairaland, I've only been offered one job and I've been on Nairaland far longer than Facebook.

You can add friends on Facebook, Nairaland, no!

On Nairaland you can easily buy or sell cars, on Facebook, It's not that easy.

On Nairaland you can go crazy and behave like a beast from the jungle while on Facebook you have to civil.

On Nairaland, the "Seun" can always come and harass members while on Facebook there's no fear of Mark Zuckerberg.

On Facebook, you get to choose who you interact with while on Nairaland, you get assualted and insulted by every Chuks, Ade and Hamisu.

I joined Facebook after I was permanently banned from Nairaland for simply saying "To some, Hitler is a hero". I've never been banned on Facebook cos I keep to the rules of whatever I do.

Ignorance is boldly imposed on others on Nairaland while on Facebook, people stick more to what they know.

Nairaland is important, but I prefer Facebook a thousand times.

You have said it all,great post, Lagos can never be like Newyork
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:49am On Oct 22, 2009
THE AMAKA:

this guy. i dont understand you.
why are you flooding your hypocrisy on this thread.
you say nairaland is this and that.
in your own words "a bloody waste of time"
yet you are all over this thread and posting all over this forum.
so exactly what is nairaland again?
dude, if nairaland was so "LAME" you wouldnt be on here.
so sucks for you! tongue
Sharrap there! U wanna act like a piece of crap on my ASS and i like shit like that, So bring it on!!!!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by EEVICTOREE(m): 8:51am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

Facebook
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by na2day2(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2009
SeanT21:

Facebook

ride on sis, tell the truth to these folks, u know how we be wink wink
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by THEAMAKA(f): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2009
££VICTOR££:

Sharrap there! U wanna act like a piece of crap on my ASS and i like shit like that, So bring it on!!!!

youre so lame.
for 1 you wanna argue with another person's opinion.
for 2 Deep Soup got you and blew you out the water!! lol
for 3 you are still on nairaland which in your opinion is lame, therefore that makes you lame.
for 4 that comeback was lame as hell
for 5 everyone can see the hypocrisy from you, you said nairaland is weak or a "complete waste of time" so again why are you here? why are you still posting on NL if its so lame?
please answer those simple questions.
wait, i can answer them for you.
because you LOVE NAIRALAND! if not, you still wouldnt be here.
i rest my case.

or do i need to go on?
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by THEAMAKA(f): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2009
na2day?:

ride on sis, tell the truth to these folks, u know how we be wink wink
££VICTOR££:

grin grin grin grin
its okay that you think facebook is better, but to talk crap about nairaland doesnt make sense.
well at least Victor.
and you are here because? and you are posting because? and you log into nairaland probably AT LEAST 3 times a day, because?
common getta way jor!!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Genuflect(m): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2009
THE AMAKA:

its okay that you think facebook is better, but to talk crap about nairaland doesnt make sense.
well at least Victor.
and you are here because? and you are posting because? and you log into nairaland probably AT LEAST 3 times a day, because?
common getta way jor!!
Damn, THE AMAKA, you are f*cking that nikka up. Well done
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by martinosi: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2009
For real, what so great about face book anyway
It just another Social Networking Forum,
It just got popularity and was pushed by the corporate media
in America because it was founded by a Harvard Student
correct me if i'm wrong!!!
It just a plain ol page man, period
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by parislomo(f): 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2009
FB it is for me!
For all those saying you are only real here on NL SHAME ON YOU!

be yourself anywhere and live the life!!

Bear in mind, YOU COULD NEVER PLEASE EVERYONE ANYWAY. . . . SO, NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE. . . . IT'S JUST FOR YOURSELF!!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by Redman44(m): 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
Nairaland is great. Seun Osewa has done well. Facebook is not bad either, but I feel we should celebrate our own. It is high time Nigerians start appreciating themselves. Let us encourage people like Seun and other innovators in Nigeria. By now, companies in Nigeria should be thinking of advertising on Nairaland. That is another topic to be discussed entirely. Cheers.
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by EEVICTOREE(m): 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2009
THE AMAKA:

youre so lame.
for 1 you wanna argue with another person's opinion.
for 2 Deep Soup got you and blew you out the water!! lol
for 3 you are still on nairaland which in your opinion is lame, therefore that makes you lame.
for 4 that comeback was lame as hell
for 5 everyone can see the hypocrisy from you, you said nairaland is weak or a "complete waste of time" so again why are you here? why are you still posting on NL if its so lame?
please answer those simple questions.
wait, i can answer them for you.
because you LOVE NAIRALAND! if not, you still wouldnt be here.
i rest my case.

or do i need to go on?
Go on nah, Am not a hater okay?, I like Nairaland, But facebook rocks, cool
I Create a note a a day before yesterday about this topic, (Facebook Vs Nairaland) Which one Rocks! To get alot of response i tagged all the people on my friends list including whites,
I have now gotten 9 response which says they have never heard of Nairaland before lipsrsealed
So Amaka, What more do u want me to say
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by sweetpie23: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2009
facebook what huhuha facebook see name lipsrsealed nairaland rock
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2009
THE AMAKA:

well at least Victor.
common getta way jor!!
Am not talking crap about Nairaland girl, am only saying my point of view that Facebook is far far far better grin
Am here because i saw an interesting topic and am trying to put my suggestion, is there anything bad there
Yeah i log into nairaland 247, that dont not mean i give shit about it,
Get this into ur head, Nairaland SUCKS,
Girl let have fun on facebook, create quiz about urself and send me a request to answer it,
Am out!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by EEVICTOREE(m): 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
Genuflect:

Damn, THE AMAKA, you are f*cking that nikka up. Well done
damn u, Come kiss my ass nigga,
Re: Nairaland Versus Facebook by sweetpie23: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
will you shut up angry fool angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nairalander Caught With Her Knicker's Down (pic) 18 / Why French Manicures Are Still Popular Today And Maby From CEO Tran Quang Change / The Best Way To Win Goal Goal On Betpawa Virtual Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.