Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note (19969 Views)

5 Important Things To Take Note When Registering For Post UTME 2018 / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by diportivo: 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
danosky91:
na dat 1 ur eye go see,do u knw if he/she studied ibibio.

He shldv written it in Ibibio na grin
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by folasayolyn(f): 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2016
so true if you attended my school make photocopies for security reasons

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 13, 2016
LastMumu:
How do you guys expect we freshers to take note any of your points when you lot can't even paragraph your post well and at least make it appealing to the eyes? undecided

Suegbe!!! If you like take the advice or leave it......
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by LorDBolton(m): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2016
Junki04:

Akokite?

Nope I aint.
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by Kayfield: 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
That is a good info..

Meanwhile, if u want to make money online, quote this post with ur WhatsApp number and I will show u d way. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by Eleniyan15: 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
Oyimzy:

Wow, oya what's the name.

the school no get name babami
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by omosefeeguaibor(f): 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Eleniyan15:

the school no get name babami
hmmm calm down baba! How can the school not have a name, and you're so quick to conclude about my school being so lowly, I hail thee Mr private uni
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
A
Zackpraise:
thanks for the advice
you're welcome, had to post that so no one falls a victim on purpose. Afterall what's the lesson in experience if you're unwilling to share them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
brostheo:
In simple fact,university studies is a waste of time and resources. Can't believe I wasted 4years of my life like that
that's your own belief sir, but I've got different notion about that. The fact that it also happens to be a federal uni makes it a big plus for me, suffice to say I sourjourned, i sighted, and succeeded is my tale now. Couldn't have asked for more
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by omosefeeguaibor(f): 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
brostheo:
In simple fact,university studies is a waste of time and resources. Can't believe I wasted 4years of my life like that
that's your own belief sir, but I've got different notion about that. The fact that it also happens to be a federal uni, makes it a big plus for me, suffice to say I sourjourned, i sighted, and succeeded is my tale now. Couldn't have asked for more. Whether your four years is a waste or not, my isn't cos I find mine quite useful.
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by Eleniyan15: 9:31am On Oct 15, 2016
omosefeeguaibor:
hmmm calm down baba! How can the school not have a name, and you're so quick to conclude about my school being so lowly, I hail thee Mr private uni

no dear state uni
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by Konquest: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
Hello! Nlanders, i feel I should share one of my greatest experience while I was in school as regards academic.

4years ago, I got the best news of my life when I was told I've been admitted into the university of my choice, I was so happy that I was carried away with the joy of being an undergraduate. I got advice from family and folks alike, but little did I know I was going to a world of absolute independence, where no one was going to ask you why or not you don't come for classes.

Indeed to an extent I can say I'm a B+ student, and with that thought I was good to go, I really was not so carried away with life on campus, I had fun when I ought to, and also studied when I should.

Fast forward to first semester exam, I did my best with the thought that at the end of my 1st semester exams my department was going to keep my results. As soon as first semester result was pasted on the board, I checked mine it was an ok grade told myself there was still room to do better. little did I know that I was suppose to get a good book, where I ought to record all these results that were pasted on the board, and I was nonchalant about it, until I got to my final year, there and then I noticed that all my results have been posted online, from year 1 to 4 in my academic account. And it was absolutely different from what I have been seeing with my eyes. I tried to rectify this error, and I was told to bring all the grades I have seen on the board, which was absolutely impossible because I did not have it on record, secondly, university is not like secondary school, where your subject teacher has that time to start looking for your results. The final grading I had online was a far cry from what I aimed for, it took lot of letters, and knocking from one lecturer's door, to another to get my accurate details, which was a herculean task. I was in school for months, when most of my colleagues were basking in the euphoria of being a graduate.

But at the end of it all and with God on by side my results were rectified, my HOD had to open my details from first year and it was discovered that there was a mistake while updating my results online.

In summary to all I've said, I would implore fresh students coming in, to have a book to write down details of your results. Nobody told me this, but experience taught me in the hardest of way. Thank God it wasn't worse and I'm smiling over it today.

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Omosefeeguaibor

I'm just seeing this post and you did
well by informing freshers about these
mixups that happen occasionally in some higher
institutions.

I'm surprised that this still happens
despite the pervasiveness of advanced
ICT tools such as cloud computing
for offshore data storage.

This happened years back when
I was in a Federal University to some
people and your advice should be
well noted so they don't spend an extra
semester or year before going for
the national service and start blaming
God or their ancestors for the
"bad luck." grin

P.S: By the way, I love the way YOU
write in a neat and lucid manner with no
typographic errors! It shows you are
the type of person who pays attention
to little details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by omosefeeguaibor(f): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Omosefeeguaibor

I'm just seeing this post and you did
well by informing freshers about these
mixups that happen occasionally in some higher
institutions.

I'm surprised that this still happens
despite the pervasiveness of advanced
ICT tools such as cloud computing
for offshore data storage.

This happened years back when
I was in a Federal University to some
people and your advice should be
well noted so they don't spend an extra
semester or year before going for
the national service and start blaming
God or their ancestors for the
"bad luck." grin

P.S: By the way, I love the way YOU
write in a neat and lucid manner with no
typographic errors! It shows you are
the type of person who pays attention
to little details.

Many thanks sire, it's not a good experience as far as I'm concerned, and I wouldn't want anyone to fall victim of that cheap error

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by WilsonMayowa(m): 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
What's the name of this your school, ours was different and easier
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by rumenase(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2017
something similar happened to me in my school days. when I was in 300l I saw 3 carryovers(100l courses) that I passed with BBC. well thank God it was resolved after many offices and letters.
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by omosefeeguaibor(f): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
rumenase:
something similar happened to me in my school days. when I was in 300l I saw 3 carryovers(100l courses) that I passed with BBC. well thank God it was resolved after many offices and letters.
Can you imagine? My case was so serious, that I was unable to forget every bit of it. Reasons why I had to pen it down.
Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by rumenase(m): 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
Can you imagine? My case was so serious, that I was unable to forget every bit of it. Reasons why I had to pen it down.

yu did good bringing it out yu may be helping someone indirectly

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Undergraduate: Freshers Take Note by OgaBuhari: 5:53pm On May 02, 2019
omosefeeguaibor:
Hello! Nlanders, i feel I should share one of my greatest experience while I was in school as regards academic.

4years ago, I got the best news of my life when I was told I've been admitted into the university of my choice, I was so happy that I was carried away with the joy of being an undergraduate. I got advice from family and folks alike, but little did I know I was going to a world of absolute independence, where no one was going to ask you why or not you don't come for classes.

Indeed to an extent I can say I'm a B+ student, and with that thought I was good to go, I really was not so carried away with life on campus, I had fun when I ought to, and also studied when I should.

Fast forward to first semester exam, I did my best with the thought that at the end of my 1st semester exams my department was going to keep my results. As soon as first semester result was pasted on the board, I checked mine it was an ok grade told myself there was still room to do better. little did I know that I was suppose to get a good book, where I ought to record all these results that were pasted on the board, and I was nonchalant about it, until I got to my final year, there and then I noticed that all my results have been posted online, from year 1 to 4 in my academic account. And it was absolutely different from what I have been seeing with my eyes. I tried to rectify this error, and I was told to bring all the grades I have seen on the board, which was absolutely impossible because I did not have it on record, secondly, university is not like secondary school, where your subject teacher has that time to start looking for your results. The final grading I had online was a far cry from what I aimed for, it took lot of letters, and knocking from one lecturer's door, to another to get my accurate details, which was a herculean task. I was in school for months, when most of my colleagues were basking in the euphoria of being a graduate.

But at the end of it all and with God on by side my results were rectified, my HOD had to open my details from first year and it was discovered that there was a mistake while updating my results online.

In summary to all I've said, I would implore fresh students coming in, to have a book to write down details of your results. Nobody told me this, but experience taught me in the hardest of way. Thank God it wasn't worse and I'm smiling over it today.
that's Uniben for u.
Very useless school. The results and grades my sister had from 100l to final year scaled her to 4.73 but the useless Uniben slashed her grades and brought a different results which landed her in second class upper 4.2.
Very useless school

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayero University Expels 24 Final Year Students / Official Thread For 2012/2013 UNIZIK Aspirants. / Herdsmen: University Of Ilorin Invites DSS, Police To Protect School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.