Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad (71938 Views)

Being Black In Berlin/germany / Adventure In Ireland / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by OlajumokeBread(f): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hannysmilez:
What's an Alaye or Omo nile even?

Alaye is what you see every 4 days of every month, it's red in color and it comes with cramps

Omo nile is what you deposit when you go to the toilet

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
They killed 20 of your friends and you're still alive? Tell me more.

BTW which Walmart sells guns? I'd like to buy.
Houstency:
Real live observations by a Nigerian in U.S.A.

If you plan on coming here, i have some tips that will save your life

Forget about the America they show you on the T.V
They're thousands of homeless people sleeping on the streets Los Angeles, New York and the big cities
There are places in the USA where people still live in the cave, doesn't wear clothes or shoes and no electricity or running water
There are places in New York that are 100 times worse than Ajegunle

USA is the country where you get killed for wearing a Nike or Jordans sneakers worth only $120

In the USA, you can't just walk into some streets or neighborhood you don't know like you do in Nigeria

Do you wanna know how dangerous USA is ?? Come to Compton or Chicago, you will live in Afghanistan for 7 years without being killed, you can't live in America for 2 days without being killed or your friend being killed

20 of my friends were killed last month for nothing, just sitting in their homes and they were gunned down

1. Don't argue with Americans, they're the most ignorant people on earth

2. Don't get in trouble with anyone, buying a gun is very easy, you walk into Walmart, give them $100 and they give you a gun

3. Americans glorify violence, if you go to jail or kill someone, to them you're a God, killing you will make them feel accomplished, so don't try to argue with anyone

4. Don't go to nightclubs

5. Don't go to the ghettos

6. Mind your goddam business

7. When stopped by the police, give them all your information, license, registration, proof of insurance, don't worry about going to jail if your your driving papers ain't up to date, you will spend only 1 hour in jail and you will be bailed with $65

8. American police are trigger happy, do whatever they tell you to do, don't argue, in fact lay on the floor immediately they ask you to

9. Americans talk too much like women, don't waste your precious time talking with them

10. The most dangerous country in the world is USA
I'm from Nigeria and have been living in the USA for 12 years but i go to Nigeria every 6 month.

Let me tell you, the very first day i came to America, i landed in New York city, i was so disappointed and wanted to go home immediately
Those fantasizing about the USA are those who haven't been to America

USA is the most dangerous country in the world
Chicago is just a city in the states of Illinois, they're the murder capital of the world, Detroit is the second, California is the third

I've seen about 200 murders in the USA but i haven't seen any murder when i was in Nigeria, how is Nigeria or Africa dangerous ??

The police will kill innocent people and at the end of the day, no charges, no jail sentence, there will still be in the police force

As for the citizens, A child doesn't know who his father is because his father is in jail and will never get out, the child will have kids before the age of 23 and before the age of 27, he commits a murder and gets a 70 years prison sentence, the cycle continues and never stops
Killing people is nothing to them

The number of murders that occur in Chicago and Los Angeles in a year is greater than the number of murders that happens in every country in this world put together

Always remember, USA belongs to the Indians, these people from the great Britain came into the USA in 1776 uninvited, killed all the Indians, raped their women, took their lands and named it "USA" and you think they give a fucck about your life ??

In all, if you guys can't cope with the hardships, come back to Mama Africa. No place like home!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by captAugustine: 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Adedoks:
pure truth. God bless you for this.
True talk but still on still I can't wait to be there. Visa denied twice. Naija wahala too much

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by sukkot: 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
dondo83:

I learnt the hard way too, I was all about degrees and certifications.
yeah dont feel bad. its naija parents trying to live vicariously through their children who poison our minds with this higher education nonsense. personally i feel if a man is not in university to study medicine, he is wasting his time because all other fields can be taught as an apprenticeship lolz. this whole university thing is a scam to get money. thats all it is. a scam.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
sukkot:
yeah dont feel bad. its naija parents trying to live vicariously through their children who poison our minds with this higher education nonsense. personally i feel if a man is not in university to study medicine, he is wasting his time because all other fields can be taught as an apprenticeship lolz. this whole university thing is a scam to get money. thats all it is. a scam.

Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Hannysmilez(f): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Alaye is what you see every 4 days of every month, it's red in color and it comes with cramps

Omo nile is what you deposit when you go to the toilet
I was right about you from the start;you're a crazy ass. A disgusting one at that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by jnrbayano(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
cococandy:

Iji emezi gini?
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by cococandy(f): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
jnrbayano:

Iji emezi gini?
grin
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Mpanyi: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
cococandy:

Forget that fooool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by isaiahethan: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
GurlFriend:
In a series from the Atlantic, a Nigerian girl named Toluse Akinlabi talks about her experience living as the only black person in her community in Ireland. Some people who had the misconception that Africans live on trees were often shocked to find out she could speak English fluently.

Read her below

Toluse also kept a blog during her year living and studying in Beijing (that’s her pictured below on the Great Wall).

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/10/people-ask-if-i-taste-like-chocolate.html

Attention seeker
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by mctowel01: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
Babysho:
Madam Toulouse abi na PSG, sidan one place ojere. You call these fun facts challenge?

Two boys for Agege here, only them dey push Tipper wey break down....and sand dey inside the tipper... grin grin grin

Why she no kuku come back abi she wear anchor or wrecking ball for leg??
Hahah.. *falls from a chair*... Funny guy
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by lozanni(m): 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
MadCow1:
Being Black overseas is a real Biitch..

If you are broke, WAHALA... If you are rich, they are shocked. grin

Being the only black Family on a long street in a high brow neighborhood of Paris was quite funny. Na so Police patrol for the area increase, only one neighbor dey greet us (and they were an Indian family that worked in the same office with my Dad and had even worked together in Nigeria before).

One day, our old neighbors Cat jumped into our compound and when we caught it and tried to return it, this woman did not come out (though we could see her peeking from her window).

And the usual when we dey stroll for street, them go cross go the other side jejely.. grin

Online, for my Liverpool FC official Facebook page, there is a running joke of "AFRICAN EXPERT" whenever an African makes a post. grin They use it to mock Africans. They say things like 'Do you people have Cable TV in Africa?'

Racism is real o!! Especially in Europe and Asia. America and Canada own no bad like that again.

The only way to overcome it is to get filthy rich because na that one dey pain dem pass to see a wealthy Black Person wey dem no fit yeye.

My brother you hit the nail squarely on the head !!!
Racism is real in Europe ohh, dont mind OlajumokeBread who is only speaking from his US experience, where we know racism is not really existing anymore.
My brother who worked in the UK said often those racist whites are usually very envious when they see a black professional who knows his onions and is much more intelligent than them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by luminouz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
MandingoXXX:
Who Send Her? But Seriously, That Geh Take Style Wowo oooo grin
U well so?
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by bee444: 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Shut up
You live in Nigeria and knows how police treats blacks in the USA

If i slap you now, them go say i wicked

You telling me shut up? Such moral degradation is a reason why someone like would get killed soon. Where I have been, lived or sojourn has no narrative whatsoever on the issue at hand. People that are well educated and in the know don't have to be everywhere to know what's happening in other places. And because you're ignorant, ill-brought up and lack the moral decency to respect your elders, I won't tell you where I live for privacy reasons. I might at some point while I typed. Catch up with me on other threads.

Your children (if you have one) sings racism songs at school every day and you think they're learning. Most nursery rhymes are written to mock and degrade black people which unfortunately, our people are still allowing their kids to sing. All boil down to lack of knowledge.

I lived in the U.K. and Ireland for 12 years, emigrated to US later. Lived in Canada, Holland, Paris, and all. I'm well rounded, and I can proudly, but not boastful that I am a citizen of the world.

So, next time you wanna come at someone for airing their knowledgeable views on social platforms, do your research of such person thoroughly before you make a fool of yourself, like you just did.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by jnrbayano(m): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
cococandy:
grin

Be laughing smiley
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by MAK211(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
Me wey neva near airport b4 Nko watin i wan talk
Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by inme: 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Is that why your people keep going to Yorubaland in droves? So that they can be spat on? Liar.

My people? Are you mad? Do you know who my people are?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
Did she tell you she has not achieved?racism is allover UK,i live there and have experienced it.
ephi123:

Lmaooooo cheesy

The girl just wants attention, Nigerians and many other people of African heritage are achieving great things even in the West, I don't understand her writeup at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by abbeyty(m): 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
that is one of the reasons that makes me feel ashamed whenever i see a bleached black woman walking around the street in white man's land without any shame. cuz i keep saying to myself how would a white man respect you when you are not even proud of who you are

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad by ElsonMorali: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
inme:

My people? Are you mad? Do you know who my people are?

I'm sure you are about to tell me who they are. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos) / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.