Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia (47696 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Nigerians, Lets Go On A Vacation / TBS BRT Bus Station: First Time Experience During Rush Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by shuni05: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2016
Please do not act "holier-than-thou" Every country has it's own ***

Man escapes lynching after raping a goat to death in Nyamira

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32169080

http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/kenyan-socialite-held-in-ghanaian-jail-over-drug-trafficking/

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/10/kenya-muslims-murder-six-injure-dozens-in-jihad-attack-targeting-christians

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/diaspora/Kenyan-woman-US-admits-Sh275m-fraud/2107720-2921566-iuqrm7/index.html

http://www.kenya-today.com/opinion/traumatic-report-of-kenyans-rotting-in-the-usa-jails

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Alvine-Moseti-Anyona-life-in-prison-Qatar/-/1056/2685372/-/x7fbnoz/-/index.html

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Be-wary-of-drug-traffickers/1056-3377552-format-xhtml-6f7edvz/index.html

Kenyanstar:

Ok, if Kenya is that bad can you show me an incidence where Kenyans are being executed in Indonesian jails for drug peddling, where a Kenyan is languishing in an indian jail for 419 scam, where a Kenyan is deported from another country for involvement in money laundering, where a Kenyan is reported to have tried to rape his/her host. If you show me then i will withdraw and apologies!! Otherwise shut up and stop supporting the indefensable!!!

1 Like

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by naijamerican: 9:06am On Oct 14, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Ok, if Kenya is that bad can you show me an incidence where Kenyans are being executed in Indonesian jails for drug peddling, where a Kenyan is languishing in an indian jail for 419 scam, where a Kenyan is deported from another country for involvement in money laundering, where a Kenyan is reported to have tried to rape his/her host. If you show me then i will withdraw and apologies!! Otherwise shut up and stop supporting the indefensable!!!

So are Kenyans incapable of committing crimes? You're clearly very stupid.

Newsflash, your hear more about Nigerians committing acts because there are literally 4X the number of people in Nigeria than there are in Kenya. (200 million vs 44 million).
Is the same reason your stupid behind is here on a Nigerian forum spouting bullshit, because a Kenyan forum would be four times less lively. If you hate Nigerians and Nigeria, but spend all day talking on Nigerian Internet forums, you clearly are the confused and stupid one.

Logg off and live your prefect, crime free Kenyan life and leave us evil Nigerians alone. Joor.

But we all know you Kenyans are obsessed with us and our country so I'm sure your miserable butt is going nowhere.

5 Likes

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by codemaniacs: 9:11am On Oct 14, 2016
Kenyanstar:

I can't turn against my fellow southern people just because a dumbf:uck foreigner like you says sh:it about them... visit your kenyan forums and stop wanking on Nigerian news...

1 Like

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by topsyking: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2016
Mille:

Oh really? Yes, they are mostly friendly except for some idiots.

What's wrong with Hungary. Never been there but the Hungarian women I have met and talked to love black men like mad. I have lots and lots of date offers from them, very beautiful and above my class. I've been running from them because I don't have enough to be spending on dates. But I surely will go to 2 this weekend.

I'm surprised to hear of Poland. The three Polish colleagues I have (all Erasmus female students) are actually very nice to me. One even told me her sister is married to a black man. I need more info on Poland because I have promised to come visit them in Warsaw after the Erasmus.
you have to understand european girls. its like reverse gear.. while they are outside their country , they are free to do anything ,date or marry black guy .. but once you come into their country , it is something different. try visit hungary and you think you will easily get a hungary girl except you want ashawo wey u go pay romania are the easier and free minded people have ever met.. just surprise what you said about those guys yelling at you.. anyway if that happen next time , just smile at them. they just wanna say hi but felt intimidated by your appearance... cluj should be even easier to find blacks cos of the student population. how long have you been there?
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Kenyanstar: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2016
shuni05:
Please do not act "holier-than-thou" Every country has it's own ***

Man escapes lynching after raping a goat to death in Nyamira

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32169080

http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/kenyan-socialite-held-in-ghanaian-jail-over-drug-trafficking/

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/10/kenya-muslims-murder-six-injure-dozens-in-jihad-attack-targeting-christians

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/diaspora/Kenyan-woman-US-admits-Sh275m-fraud/2107720-2921566-iuqrm7/index.html

http://www.kenya-today.com/opinion/traumatic-report-of-kenyans-rotting-in-the-usa-jails

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Alvine-Moseti-Anyona-life-in-prison-Qatar/-/1056/2685372/-/x7fbnoz/-/index.html

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Be-wary-of-drug-traffickers/1056-3377552-format-xhtml-6f7edvz/index.html

You googled it and found 10 results out of over 1 million..... I just did the same on google and the it was 1,000,000 million out of a billion.... the such engine just suggested that it will update the rest later...lol. Anywayz Nigerians have a very peculiar habit and simply cant keep themselves out of stealing, maybe its an inbuilt genetic thing.
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Yobo34(m): 9:17am On Oct 14, 2016
Planning to move to Finland next year.. If you've been there please tell me something about that country and their behaviour towards blacks..
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by since1914(m): 9:18am On Oct 14, 2016
@ ERONX sorry about your experience, but I think it shouldn't be seen as the rule. Don't let that put you off, from visiting again. Thankfully, you also said his supperior was unhappy with him. By the way, you mustn't forget the fact that most low-level policemen in most countries are barely educated and that is always evident in how they relate with people. I have always wanted to visit Moscow and St.Petersburg, hopefully, I will in the very near future. I have lived very briefly in Eastern Europe, and still have two very good friends there, and they have turned out to be one of the truest friends I have ever made.

That said, I also think Africans nay Nigerians also need to learn the right social etiquettes when travelling abroad. To earn the respect of white people, you must always act like royalty. You cannot go around in oversized t-shirts and baggy jeans hanging half-way down your buttocks. Neither should you be talking loudly over the phone in a public space. You must also be ready to pay for premium services, because the possibility of running into seedy characters(whom most likely will be racist) will always be higher in a 'no-star' hotel than it would in a say, a 3-star hotel. As an African you must never go back-packing, like white people do, nor should you stay at cheap hostels. The rule is, if you do not have money, don't travel, wait until you can afford to travel comfortably before you do so. When you use premium services, you stand a better chance of meeting the right people.

Imagine, a pure-breed English man or American visiting Nigeria and renting an apartment in an obscure part of Maroko for instance, you can only imagine the kind of thing whey him eye go see.

6 Likes

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Kenyanstar: 9:21am On Oct 14, 2016
naijamerican:

So are Kenyans incapable of committing crimes? You're clearly very stupid.

Newsflash, your hear more about Nigerians committing acts because there are literally 4X the number of people in Nigeria than there are in Kenya. (200 million vs 44 million).
Is the same reason your stupid behind is here on a Nigerian forum spouting bullshit, because a Kenyan forum would be four times less lively. If you hate Nigerians and Nigeria, but spend all day talking on Nigerian Internet forums, you clearly are the confused and stupid one.

Logg off and live your prefect, crime free Kenyan life and leave us evil Nigerians alone. Joor.

But we all know you Kenyans are obsessed with us and our country so I'm sure your miserable butt is going nowhere.

Indians are a billion in the world and are scattered in other foreign countries but they are better known for there ingenious business acumen and deeply cultural conservative background, except on rape issues Indias population outside their own country do rarely find them in 419 scams and drug peddling
China also is home to a billion citizens but also dont do the criminal activities associated with nigeria.... Jiust accept the bitter truth that Nigeria is a shithole.
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Kenyanstar: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

I can't turn against my fellow southern people just because a dumbf:uck foreigner like you says sh:it about them... visit your kenyan forums and stop wanking on Nigerian news...

Just take the bitter truth like a man and stop ejaculating over a true reflection of what your countries citizenry do outside your borders.... Instead of confronting me with your insults and abuse why dont you argue out with your own "truth" if any, that is?
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by codemaniacs: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Just take the bitter truth like a man and stop ejaculating over a true reflection of what your countries citizenry do outside your borders.... Instead of confronting me with your insults and abuse why dont you argue out with your own "truth" if any, that is?

there will be always be bad people in the world...

there will always be dumbf:ucks like you try to turn people against their own people... Only a person with inferiority complex will take you seriously...

Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me..

2 Likes

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by shuni05: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2016
You painted Kenya like it's the world's safest haven, Well Nope, each county has its own **** Where do you think the largest number of hackers come from, use MCAfee threat search and see Nigeria's threat footprint compared to Russia's, Drugs, why don't you check out South America, use Intelius and see how many sex offenders there is in each US city and estimate how many rapist. No need to banter words with you, to a "white" person you're just another black Monkey from a "country" called Africa.

Kenyanstar:

You googled it and found 10 results out of over 1 million..... I just did the same on google and the it was 1,000,000 million out of a billion.... the such engine just suggested that it will update the rest later...lol. Anywayz Nigerians have a very peculiar habit and simply cant keep themselves out of stealing, maybe its an inbuilt genetic thing.
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by engrchykae(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2016
delishpot:

Jews are smart. Black brains need resetting we have let ourselves go
we are smarter than we can ever imagine.
we can convert our innate criminal tendencies coupled with our desperate and cold ways of achieving goals at all cost.
we can run the world again,it started with Nimrod and ended at with Hannibal.
black brain is the ultimate brain,that's the reason why the Europeans try to make everything Euro-centric for the original man to keep doubting himself.

1 Like

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by mengho(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2016
beautyerhu86:

You lie. Investigate and Research weĺl before writing what you don't know

sister do not always BELIEVE what thier research says, just go to russia(if you are black) walk around ALONE, be confident about it, if you come back safely after ur visit without any harassment, I promise to give you 10 million naira

1 Like

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Kenyanstar: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2016
shuni05:
You painted Kenya like it's the world's safest haven, Well Nope, each county has its own **** Where do you think the largest number of hackers come from, use MCAfee threat search and see Nigeria's threat footprint compared to Russia's, Drugs, why don't you check out South America, use Intelius and see how many sex offenders there is in each US city and estimate how many rapist. No need to banter words with you, to a white person you're just another black Monkey from a "country" called Africa.

Bro, I totally get your argument but my reasoning is that within African countries and black African the worst thing apart from drugs after a strip search by any police officer in an Asian country is a Nigerian passport. A Nigerian passport and a sachet of Drugs are treated relatively, during the UNGA assembly meeting in New york all the youths fronted by the AU Ethiopia from emerging economies were included in the itinerary. I was among them and when we were going back to our hostels we were confronted by NYPD after a burglary was reported at the neighborhood. We were asked for IDs and we removed our accreditation cards but the cops insisted on our Passports or immigration papers. To cut the long story short our passports were returned while the Nigerian ones were detained including my roomy Chinedu Anthony. It was just a glimpse of what Nigerians are faced with when abroad due to the negativity an stereotype out there. Imagine the cops were jokingly asking me if i had come to New york for the marathon race....hehehe but when it came to the Nigerian it was totally different.
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by okeyokeyvega: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2016
U were born black. Jst take heart
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 14, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Bro, I totally get your argument but my reasoning is that within African countries and black African the worst thing apart from drugs after a strip search by any police officer in an Asian country is a Nigerian passport. A Nigerian passport and a sachet of Drugs are treated relatively, during the UNGA assembly meeting in New york all the youths fronted by the AU Ethiopia from emerging economies were included in the itinerary. I was among them and when we were going back to our hostels we were confronted by NYPD after a burglary was reported at the neighborhood. We were asked for IDs and we removed our accreditation cards but the cops insisted on our Passports or immigration papers. To cut the long story short our passports were returned while the Nigerian ones were detained including my roomy Chinedu Anthony. It was just a glimpse of what Nigerians are faced with when abroad due to the negativity an stereotype out there. Imagine the cops were jokingly asking me if i had come to New york for the marathon race....hehehe but when it came to the Nigerian it was totally different.

I actually thought you said Kenya is a saint country. People like you shouldn't be from Europe or Asia or America,because you would even do worst than the white men now. Kenyans with their dull brain. They are talking about racism the next thing you can use your brain to think about is how Nigeria is full of scam,rape and so. Like you yourself is 100% holy. Go to the white man land and start claiming Kenya now. They would bullshi*t you. You are a black man just like me. Nigeria,Ghana,Kenya,Ethiopia,Togo. We all would would be treated the same way because we are all black so get that into your Kenyan brain. Mr Kenya.

4 Likes

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by dasparrow: 10:15am On Oct 14, 2016
bookface:

I am surprised by the comments i see here.

Most of you that compare tribalism to racism don't really know what true racism feels like.

You haven't yet experienced being publicly humiliated, discredited, and lowered in a foreign country, all just because of your skin colour. It is not an experience i would wish on an enemy.

You haven't experienced the monkey calls, being spat at, assaulted, or trampled on - you haven't felt being hated, for no single reason at all. Unless you take a mile walk in OP's shoes, then stay in your quiet village, eat some cassava and shut the hell up!

Thank you! You've said it all.
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 14, 2016
Kenyanstar:

If you need more we would give you

1 Like

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by dapsonlou(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2016
davidif:

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! I have friends who went to school in Russia and believe me what this girl went through is child's play.

I date Russian girls all the time and we hang out with her friends all the time with no issues.
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by PunterTim(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2016
mr11x0:

I bet you have never being in a situation where you are being racially insulted or treated. You shouldn't make comment on things you don't understand instead of calling racial victims weak. I think you my friend is the weak and stupid on for not knowing racism is real
Racism is real but wouldn't be as powerful if vulnerable blacks like you stop reacting helplessly to it.The oppressors get strength from knowing you feel victimised.

2 Likes

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Tellemall: 10:42am On Oct 14, 2016
themosthigh:

You are a very big liar. I have lived in St. Petersburg for 15 years and never experienced anything like this....there are few racists and incidents but nobody will stare at you in those countries since everywhere is filled with blacks and they even have more than 3 Nigerian restaurant and one of it is run by my wife. Is it by force to make it to the front page?
Even when I was living in Novosibirsk as the very few black person. I never experienced any form of racism and the occasional stares was out of curiosity not hate.
Unless maybe you are a remarkably ugly person or your attire was unbelievably ancient or weird which in that case you will get stares even in you hamlet

cheesy
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 14, 2016
ERONX:
It all happened on the 10th of October I left home in Ontario and decided to go on vacation in the beautiful city of st Petersburg with a childhood friend of mine who is White. When taking our usual tour walk with our complete papers and tourist passport, I observed that most people along the street kept on staring and moving away from us especially me....

We later discovered we've missed our way because we visited most of the tour centers with our map, so we decided to ask the locals around for help. When I approached them for direction, although we had issues with language difference they would just grin and shout out loud, some would run away and avoid me from getting close when I tried asking for direction.

I finally discovered I was been avoided because of my dark skin colour, so i asked my friend to do the questioning while I stood far away but there was no way they could help even with the map due to the language difference. They offered assistance by pointing to a police stand we went there with the intention of asking for direction, the two policemen shook hands with my white friend but ignored shaking hands with me, after giving us directions on how we could get a cab that will take us to our hotel, we thanked them and we were about leaving the policemen called us back and asked what I'm carrying in my backpack. I told him I have my papers some money and my lunch. He took the bag from me checked it himself he saw my papers were complete yet he refused returning my backpack, i got very angry and asked him to return my backpack yet he refused my friend tried pleading yet he refused...

What made me angry was because he didn't ask for the contents in my friend's backpack when he saw how furious and angry I've become, he returned the backpack and started raining abusive racist word in both Russian and English. I threatened him I would file a complaint to the Russian Police, and told him I would file legal actions against him. After threatening him, he stopped the insult and in a few minutes a police car drove to our scene i believe the locals around contacted the police. A superior officer from the police vehicle apologised on his behalf, he was also asked to apologise which he did reluctantly the most embarrassing part of it was when all the drama was unfolding the locals around gathered to catch a glimpse of what was happening while others took pictures.

We finally got back to the hotel I was very angry all through, I had to reschedule for the next flight and I went back home the next day.

All through my lifetime I have never been subjected to such a degrading and embarrassing moment.

RACISM IS BAD #SAYNOTORACISM

NIGERIANS AND HYPOCRISY HAVE YOU GUYS STOPPED TRIBALISM BACK HOME BEFORE YOU CRY OF RACISM? Yourbas hate iGBOS, iGBOS hate YORUBAS, HAUSAS HATE EVERYONE
Yet you complain of racism? Hoow are Igbos treated by some YOrubas? How are Yorubas treated in teh Igbo states?
PLEASE SPARE ME

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by homeboy232(m): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2016
abbeyty:

cuz you took a picture with one skin head Russia policeman and you think you cant be harassed by others
Even for naija, police dey harass you so your point is baseless with the word "HARASSED BY OTHERS." .....
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by delishpot: 10:58am On Oct 14, 2016
engrchykae:
we are smarter than we can ever imagine.
we can convert our innate criminal tendencies coupled with our desperate and cold ways of achieving goals at all cost.
we can run the world again,it started with Nimrod and ended at with Hannibal.
black brain is the ultimate brain,that's the reason why the Europeans try to make everything Euro-centric for the original man to keep doubting himself.

That is why I said we need resetting. We have it in us. We just need to realize that the interest of our people comes first before personal gains. That is where the black race lost it's value.

2 Likes

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by homeboy232(m): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2016
Truth is that as an immigrant you are not safe worldwide, 3 years in Russia my doc is always at home , never for ones police stop or ask for my documents whatsoever reasons , maybe you were just unlucky , it happens sometimes , even for naija, police dey check people phone anyhow and ask silly questions , abi I lie ? This your story no make sense at all..

1 Like

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by abbeyty(m): 11:07am On Oct 14, 2016
homeboy232:
Even for naija, police dey harass you so your point is baseless with the word "HARASSED BY OTHERS." .....

i did not dispute that Mr man, Nigeria police harass you mayb cuz of what they want to get from not cuz of your skin colour which is the issue here or how many time have you seen Nigeria police harassing a British even an Indians or Chinese citizen in nigeria
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2016
sukkot:
on the 10th of october ? this matter is spiritual and not racism. question ? are you igbo by any chance ?

grin

really Sukkot? really Nigga!!

grin

Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Akious2k2(m): 11:49am On Oct 14, 2016
PunterTim:
It beats me atimes when peeps get affected by this!.Why would i be concerned when someone insults my skin color.There is absolutely nothing wrong with me being black and the whole world knows it,why should i be bothered.

I'm sorry but peeps that these things get to are fragile,weak emotionally and psychologically!
Even though I've never experienced racism, if it stops at just hating on u, it would've been far better... U know what, it could go as far as dis guys attacking or assaulting u physically
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by Saint52(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
even in Nigeria universities, when i was in skol(DELSU abk) we see the indigens as ugly and very dark people and illiterates that is racism, How many of you here will allow shoe makers(Abo ki) to sleep on the same bed with you or even the same room. There is Racism, anyone who tells you there is no racism is a racist.
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by sukkot: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
Joavid:

grin

really Sukkot? really Nigga!!

grin
am tryna tell you, this is a spiritual world. everything that happens is spiritual. trust me. wink grin
Re: My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia by rugged7(m): 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Why ni?

Histrings08:
Racism can't be eradicated.. Ask me why nd I'll explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Air Peace: Allen Onyema Crying As Nigerians Return From South Africa / From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix / Woman On Attacked Kaduna-Abuja Train Returns To Same Seat (See Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.