Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (179020 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by KIKI24(f): 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
Weldone,a good story u have here,following pls update the next chapter cool cool

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by goldenone(f): 4:34am On Oct 28, 2016
Great thumbs up ma'am Skarlett!!! Please don't even try and touch Tunji Afolabi with a 20feet pole cos he can impregnate any woman just once even from that distance! I love the new turn out of events, but am seriously hoping she doesn't lose this baby to learn her lessons! Well done again!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by okorro1(f): 6:04am On Oct 28, 2016
Amazing read yet, if Feyi turns out pregnant again ehn,den Tunji must be a very virile man Haba Mana
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Jay542(m): 6:48am On Oct 28, 2016
Skarlett I fo for you pieces grin. Nice story fam stayed up all night for this. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by McBrooklyn(m): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2016
[size=20pt]Lemme Guess?? Feyi is pregnant cheesy cheesy [/size]

Nice story Skarlett, been busy lately cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Oly23(f): 7:53am On Oct 28, 2016
Oh my God this story is killing me! Pleased do fast fast and update oo Tunji and Feyi sef nawa for them two they should sit and talk and sort out their issues like two adults already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by SPDAZZY(f): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2016
Front page owa o

okorro1:
Amazing read yet, if Feyi turns out pregnant again ehn,den Tunji must be a very virile man Haba Mana

You are right, one night stand with omotola produced a pregnancy, one with his wife and there is a son to show for it, now again, just once again and signs are showing.
Oga Tunji, Twale baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by princessadeola(f): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2016
Patience is a good virtue, in marriage one must possess it because many things and many people will want yo destroy your marriage. but u won't let it. God Bless u ma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by oluangelkay(f): 10:52am On Oct 28, 2016
I only pray they reslove this amicably. I love those two together. Madam abeg mention me in other stories. You r great. Keep it up
Re: Hearts In Ashes by janway(f): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
this is so emotional.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by janway(f): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Wow this is so emotional.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by janway(f): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
Am scared of d talk ooo
Re: Hearts In Ashes by janway(f): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
jeez, Now u wanna make me cry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by AJvine(m): 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
plz more update ...loving the story....
Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
wow... cool story. Any time Tunji gets close to a woman, she gets pregnant. Thumbs up Skarlett

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Khutie: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
Scarlett baby, yhu re gud jhoor!!!. I know yhu re missing me, tho yhu won't admit it wink ...am here now for yhu baby...

#IstandWithFeyi!
Re: Hearts In Ashes by nawtielizzie(f): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
u are such a unique writer.... plz mention me in ur future works.... #istandwithFeyi
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dedicated to daxlasaint, nawtielizzie, khutie, adebriana, janway, oluangelkay, jay542, kiki24, okorro1 and goldenone

Eleven

He was looking dashing in his grey suit and thin black tie against the backdrop of his blindingly white shirt, he looked shatteringly attractive and felt so solidly real that Feyi just lost it completely, and every shocked, scared and raw emotion she felt in three weeks came to the fore. Seeing him again broke down the shell of indifference she’d tried to build up in three weeks and she was left with the rage. She struck at him and landed a slap on his face, surprising him and herself. She wanted to strike again but he held her hand. She snatched it away from him.

“What are you doing here? Haven’t you done enough?” she snapped at him.

“Feyi I…”

“Don’t you dare call my name, I told you I want nothing to do with you, isn’t that enough? I regret ever having anything to do with you!”

Tunji felt like he’d been struck low in the gut but he knew he deserved it. She looked so skinny, it had been foolish of him to think he would give her the space she wanted and keep trying until he wore her down.

“Please Fey, I know I’m a beast but can we talk about it please?”

Feyi was so mad at him she wanted to push past him and get far away from him but she couldn’t stop the wave of dizziness that knocked her off her feet. He held her swooning form.

“Oh God, you need to see the doctor, why would he let you go home by yourself when you’re obviously not fine,” he said through gritted teeth.

Feyi wanted to protest and point out that she had just seen the doctor and she was fine but the words wouldn’t come out. She instead felt enraptured by the musky cologne he was wearing and the familiarity of it made her weaken towards him. She felt herself lean heavier on him and then there was a blackout.

When she regained consciousness, she was on the hospital bed. Tunji was seating beside her, engrossed in a conversation on his mobile phone while he held one of her hands in a tightly clenched grip.

He looked rigid all over , Feyi observed dimly, sending an unwilling glance over his taut profile and the fierce set of his shoulders inside his jacket. There was tension in his strong neck muscles and his clenched jaw line.

How long had she been out? Frowning, it took her several seconds to recall the full drama she had enacted before she’d swooned away at his feet. She’d attacked him like a madwoman. She had not even given him a chance to speak. She recalled his stunned frozen face when she’d vented her anger on him.

Then she remembered why she had reacted like that and a tiny sob escaped her lips.

His conversation stopped. He swung his dark head around to look at her. Fierce dark eyes that glittered with the oddest expression settled on hers and the fingers he had closed around her fingers tightened their grip.

“You fainted,” he told her as if she was too dense to work it out for herself.

Feyi said nothing. Looking at him should be hurting by now she was waiting for the pain to kick in.

“You are in private ward in the hospital,” he added after looking at her all over, “the doctor…”

“I don’t want the doctor, I’m fine,” Feyi said and removed her fingers from his grip as she turned away.

“Were you ever going to tell me?” he asked so softly, she almost didn’t hear him.

She swallowed uneasily and turned around to face him. She couldn’t pretend not to know the implication of his words, the doctor had already told him. “I don’t know, I didn’t expect this to happen anymore than you,” she confessed twinning her fingers nervously.

“We had unprotected sex and you’re still fertile as I am, what else were you expecting?”

She couldn’t miss the trace of sarcasm in his words. Of course he was right, having gone through Tomiwa’s pregnancy and its attendant morning sickness, she had known she was affected by more than a bug but she’d tried so hard to deny all the signs and now she knew why. She didn’t want this child.

“Anything else but another baby that would make you feel obligated to me. I cannot have this baby Tunji, I want to have an abortion,” she said.

And hit a raw nerve. Tunji felt his gut take another sickening punch as Feyi’s words hit him. He leant back on the chair he was sitting on. He was wounded but he wouldn’t allow her words take the fight out of him.

“Over my dead body,” he enunciated slowly making sure she felt his rigid tone and stood up from the chair. He walked to the window feeling like a caged animal.

Feyi sat up from the bed and fought an ear-splitting migraine. “I’m not going to do this with you again Tunji, I’m not going to allow you into my life and have you hurt me again. I’m tired of the all the drama and heartache staying married to you has brought me. I’m not open to aborting this pregnancy anymore than you but if that will end this back and forth with you then I’m prepared for it.”

Tunji turned to look at her, “You can’t be serious Feyi,” he said.

“I’m dead serious Tunji, I don’t want to have you in my life only because of your children, I don’t want you to feel tied to me forever like a bad sore that won’t go away.”

He came to her bedside and gripped her hands firmly, “stop saying this Feyi. Stop hurting me and yourself this way, I met and fell in love with you before Tomiwa and even before the one we lost and you know that.”

She looked into his dark eyes uncertain, “but you have Omotola…” her voice trailed away as she fought the bitterness that rose within her.

“Omotola is not the woman I love, you are. Please Feyi come back to me and lets work this out, we can get past this and become even stronger. Stop hiding away at your parents, you’re my wife and you belong by my side. Till death do us part.”

“But she’s carrying your child,” she protested weakly.

“And so are you. You are more important to me than any other woman, we’ll work out a form of arrangement with her, I obviously cannot marry her,” he went on his knees before Feyi. “I’m sorry for everything I’ve done to hurt you but please take me back and let me be a better husband to you and a better father to our children,” he said.

Feyi gripped his hands tighter, feeling all the fight go out of her. “Oh Tunji,” that was all she could manage before pulling him close to her in a warm embrace.

I laughed warmly as I exited the hotel feeling more alive than I had ever been in the last three years. I hadn’t thought I could do it but I had done it and the rush I had gotten was as thrilling as a cocaine high. The smell of fear I’d perceived as i had driven the knife into my victim had left me giddy with excitement.

It was even more thrilling that as I walked out of the hotel sending the receptionist one of my dashing smiles, she’d had no clue what I’d done. I knew it would be a few hours more before the lifeless body was found but I’d be long gone before then.

It was funny how I’d evolved from the hapless child at the mercy of irresponsible parents to the killer I was now. I wasn’t always like this, once upon a time I’d been innocent, naïve and too trusting until I’d learned the hard way. My childhood memories are marred with incidences of violence and abuse but hadn’t I outgrown the humiliation of it all?

Poor mom and pop, they always had it coming. Poor Steph, Tracy and of course, poor Ifeoluwa. Poor foolish Seyi Lawal that ended up being blamed for Ife’s death. I don’t deny that it felt exhilarating to watch another person take the fall for me when I was right in their faces all along. But none of them would have ever thought to associate me with something as horrible as murder. No one ever did, not even poor Steph lying as dead as nail in room 501.

Tbc
Like, share and comment

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
nawtielizzie:
u are such a unique writer....
plz mention me in ur future works....
#istandwithFeyi

Thank you ma
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
adebriana:
wow... cool story. Any time Tunji gets close to a woman, she gets pregnant. Thumbs up Skarl ett

Lol shii happens

Thanks ma'am
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
Khutie:
Scarlett baby, yhu re gud jhoor!!!. I know yhu re missing me, tho yhu won't admit it wink ...am here now for yhu baby...

#IstandWithFeyi!

I'm missing you indeed dear, thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
janway:
this is so emotional.

janway:
Wow this is so emotional.

janway:
Am scared of d talk ooo

janway:
jeez, Now u wanna make me cry

Don't cry dearie or I'll cry too oh

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
oluangelkay:
I only pray they reslove this amicably. I love those two together. Madam abeg mention me in other stories. You r great. Keep it up

Thank you ma, i will
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
goldenone:
Great thumbs up ma'am Skarle tt!!! Please don't even try and touch Tunji Afolabi with a 20feet pole cos he can impregnate any woman just once even from that distance! I love the new turn out of events, but am seriously hoping she doesn't lose this baby to learn her lessons! Well done again!!!

Thanks dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
princessadeola:
Patience is a good virtue, in marriage one must possess it because many things and many people will want yo destroy your marriage. but u won't let it. God Bless u ma.

God bless you too dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Front page owa o

You are right, one night stand with omotola produced a pregnancy, one with his wife and there is a son to show for it, now again, just once again and signs are showing.
Oga Tunji, Twale baba

grin grin grin grin na baba God work
Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Thanks for the mention ma'am, really cool episode. Wonder who this murderer is... More ink to ur pen
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Lemme Guess?? Feyi is pregnant cheesy cheesy
Nice story Skarle tt, been busy lately cool

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
adebriana:
Thanks for the mention ma'am, really cool episode. Wonder who this murderer is... More ink to ur pen

You're welcome dear, we shall have to find out wink
Re: Hearts In Ashes by AJvine(m): 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
still in the office and i read the last update/ Feyi pregnant again... wow interesting.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
#proudly team feyi
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Khutie: 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
cheesy Tunji na sharp shooter! Still wondering wahz gonna be d fate of Omotola; I pray she doesn't geh left owt at last

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.