Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (178636 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
bae i give u yansh ooooo, pls i want more jo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by ritababe(f): 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
ADECULATE:
bae i give u yansh ooooo, pls i want more jo

yansh? shocked
Re: Hearts In Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
yes ooo, shes da bomb
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 27, 2016
Tunji......

*modified*

That Seyi part made me forget about Feyi and Omotola's meeting, until you brought it back. It felt like I'm reading another story. Its not destructive though, no. I'm enjoying here

Still here Madam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2016
hmm sth fishy
Re: Hearts In Ashes by ozila(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2016
OMO1234567:
hmm sth fishy
and smelling
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Boomboost(m): 8:40am On Oct 27, 2016
abeg I've forgotten who the Seyi character is. Can someone tell me?
Re: Hearts In Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 11:56am On Oct 27, 2016
Boomboost:
abeg I've forgotten who the Seyi character is. Can someone tell me?
seyi is d guy in prison 4 d murder of ifeoluwa
Re: Hearts In Ashes by AJvine(m): 2:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
yes i am confused at first but was redirected again cool story..... plz more update.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
Dedicated to adeculate, omo1234567, ozila, ajvine and boomboost

Ten

Her mother was shocked to see her back in their home with her belongings so soon.

“What is the meaning of this Feyi?” she asked as Blessing with the assistance of the maids chugged her suitcases to her former room.

“What does it look like?” she lashed back bitterly, “I’m coming back to my parents or do I have the wrong house?”

Her mother stood at a loss on the foyer and Feyi fled to the sanctity of her room, she would deal with her parents later. Right now she wanted to be left alone. She stayed inside her room throughout the day and called in sick at the office. Although her father could be a tough boss, working in his company still had its perks.

She left Tomiwa in the care of Blessing and lay on her bed throughout the day, preoccupied with her thoughts. Her mind was full of turmoil. The discovery of her husband's infidelity had shattered her.

In all the years they'd been married, she never did understand him but she'd come to believe he could be trusted and he really loved her. She had been the one who disappointed him by not standing by him as a wife should. She had been the one who proved cowardly to start a new life with him when he needed her to. Now she saw Tunji wasn't only unfaithful to their vows, he was also a coward.

There was a light tap on the door later that day. She moved across cautiously to open it a crack. She didn't want her parents' intrusion, she just wanted to be left alone. Who she saw there made her try to slam it shut, but she was too late. Tunji had his hand through the gap.

"You!" She said in a shaking voice. "What do you want from me?"

Tunji shut the door behind him and stood looking at her. "Please come back home with me, let's fix this together. I don't want to lose you." He said gravely.

"No Tunji, we're finally done. Go back home to your wife and child. I don't want to ever have anything to do with you."

He grew pale. "Feyi don't do this again, not to us. We have Tom to think of now. He can't grow up without his father."

"You should have thought of that before getting that…that girl pregnant, you bloody cradle snatcher!" Feyi shrieked. “You disgust me Tunji Afolabi!”

“Please Fey, I can explain…”

“Explain what? What do you want to explain?” she demanded hotly.

“Look Fey, I know you’re upset with me.”

“Upset doesn’t even come close, how could you Tunji, how could you mess with me that way after all I’ve been through for you. I was fucking faithful to your pedophilic ass and this is how you treat me?”

Tunji was the definition of cool. "Look Fey I can understand you’re angry but lets not forget exactly how things happened. I begged you to come with me and you refused, remember? You didn't want to come with me and suffer when you could be comfortable in your parents mansion. You told me you believed in my dreams yet you couldn't risk starting over with me someplace else. You expected me to be comfortable with the handouts your father fed us with. To be comfortable with being labeled a gold digger."

"So that justifies it, huh? That justifies the cheating, when would you have told me about her?"

"I swear I didn't know she was pregnant. Omotola was a one-time thing, a fling. We went our separate ways because I recognized the error in my ways, we were never an item."

“That’s not how she seems to see it,” she said bitterly.

“Please Fey come back home so we can work this out. I love you very much and we can be one happy family again.”

"We can't make each other happy, Tunji," she said. "Let's end it now and forget each other. I cannot stand seeing you with another woman, I just can't."

"And Tom? What happens to our son? I lost out on fifteen months of his life because you never told me of his existence, I can't bear to be shut out of the rest of his life."

"You're the one shutting us out, you have a wife and baby to think of now. Tommy will be better off with me."

"No. You're saying all this because you're angry at me. I believe you love me. Last night was a testament to it. Come with me and we can fix this together."

"What is there to fix? You agreed that's your baby she's carrying. I cannot come between you and your baby. She needs you more now."

"So that's it huh? You're giving up on us and forgetting all we have together. You're pushing me away just like before." He said bitterly.

"This is nothing like before!" She cried.

"Isn't it? You're here again, at your parents house where you've always been comfortable in." Tunji gave a short, mirthless laugh, mocking himself. "What was I expecting from a perpetual daddy's girl?" He didn't wait for her reply but turned away from her and walked out.

Feyi felt a sense of deja'vu as he walked away. They'd had this scene before, two years ago when he walked out on her to start his life in another city. She realized sadly too that this was the first time he was telling her he loved her since they got back together.

She let out a sob as she crumpled to the ground, Tunji, the strong, fiercely independent and proud man that she’d fallen in love with had broken her heart a second time, she would never forgive him.

Pride alone made her turn in for work the next day to keep herself busy and to keep her parents from worrying. Her father wasn’t particularly pleased with the way things were unfolding but he elected to stay out of his daughter’s marriage. He saw the agony she was trying to live through and felt sorry for her. He told his wife to stay out of Feyi’s business and leave her to sort out things with herself.

By the end of the week she’d closed herself off inside a steel case of protection so that nothing else could threaten her very shaky composure. Tunji had not returned to check up on her and Tommy and she had stopped eating. In truth she felt too wounded and raw to eat. Blessing was constantly sending her worried glances. Even her mother noticed the change in her demeanor that even Tomiwa’s presence didn’t seem to affect.

“Do you want to talk about it Fey?” she asked her.

“No mom, I don’t,” she said, and it was the truth. Her emotions seemed to be on a roller coaster these days and she couldn’t trust herself not to break down in tears whenever she thought of Tunji.

Tinu seemed to understand and smoothed her hand over Feyi’s scattered hair, “I’ll always be here for you if you need anyone to confide in,” she said.

Feyi’s smile was wan, “thanks mom.”

The following week, she climbed out of bed and immediately had to run to the bathroom where she was sick. When the same thing happened the next few mornings, she decided it was time to start eating proper, regular meals again.

Monday the next week, she still felt so nauseous Blessing noticed her sickly pallor.

“I think I’ve caught a bug,” she confessed with a small smile and explained at the concerned looks she shot her. “I would prefer if you didn’t tell anyone about it.”

“Alright ma but you need to eat more, your mother has expressed her concerns at the dishes you send back uneaten.”

“Okay dear I will. What about Tommy?”

“He’s still sleeping, he had a restless night.”

Feyi could remember her son crying at the top of his lungs in the early hours of the morning. She hadn’t gone to soothe him as she normally would because she felt exhausted. Or maybe she was trying to avoid nursing her child who reminded her so much of his father.

Feyi still managed to turn up to work that day. Going because putting up a false smiling face for her parents benefit was only marginally worse than being stuck at home with her thoughts. Tunji hadn’t called or come to the house and she supposed it was because he was enjoying life with his lover and trying to forget her. She was trying to forget him too.

It was hard.

Wednesday, her mother showed her an article from the newspaper. It was about Tunji’s hotel in Abeokuta. Apparently the grand opening had been talk of the town and had attracted dignitaries from all over the nation. It was a five star hotel and Tunji was the man of the moment. He and Omotola were captured together at the event. Her mother had let out a string of curses but Feyi tried to appear calm on the outside while she felt crushed on the inside.

They looked happy together.

Thursday she stood up from her desk too quickly and went so dizzy she almost passed out. Her assistant in the office had been worried and went to get her father. Angry and concerned, her father insisted she go see the family’s doctor. She felt too weak to drive her car so she took a taxi there. The moment she stepped into Dr. Magnus’ private rooms, she knew she did not want to be there. Something—instinct maybe—filled her with a stark feeling of dread.

Half an hour later she walked out again, so shocked and dazed she almost walked straight under the wheels of a car.

“Christ! Feyi?”

Feyi looked up from her musings more startled at the familiar voice. Tunji came out of the car that almost ran her down. He was beside her in a minute.

“I almost killed you, are you okay?” she seemed too startled to speak so he continued, “Your father called to tell me you went to see the family doctor and you’ve been feeling sick, are you all right?”

Feyi looked wordlessly at his handsome face wondering how such a thing of beauty could bring her such pain.

Tbc
Like, share and comment

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
AJvine:
yes i am confused at first but was redirected again cool story..... plz more update.

Updated now
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
jagugu88li:
Tunji......

*modified*

That Seyi part made me forget about Feyi and Omotola's meeting, until you brought it back. It felt like I'm reading another story. Its not destructive though, no. I'm enjoying here

Still here Madam

Thanks ma'am
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Yohmi: 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Re: Hearts In Ashes by AJvine(m): 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
Feyi needs to calm down and just be bold and take her place....She should leave her family and do what the bible says....she is married and that is it....leave ur father and stick to ur husband...if she had followed him the first time...there will be no Omotola....well cool story nice flow....enjoying the story like kissing for the first time lol.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
[quote author=skarlett post=50557786]Dedicated to adelaculate, omo1234567, ozila, ajvine and boomboost, skarlett, its adeculate nd nt adelaculate, #lol# kudos to u
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2016
Yohmi:
First to chop

I hope Feyi come to realize that she is the architect of her problem. You can't eat your fufu and still have it

Interesting pun you have there.

Lol @fufu

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
[quote author=ADECULATE post=50558596][/quote]

Sorry for the over sight hon, I'll modify now wink
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Yohmi: 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
Yohmi:
cheesy grin Yes nah, people can't afford cakes in this recession so they opt for FUFU

grin grin grin

No be small

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
she's preggy. Nice work skarlett

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
mhiz:
she's preggy. Nice work skarl ett

Thanks dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by AJvine(m): 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
skarlett:

grin grin grin

No be small

No mind her....she go lost her husband to just a 18 yrs pickin...

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
skarlett:

Sorry for the over sight hon, I'll modify now wink
no prob sweetie, tanks 4 d mention. more grease to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
feyi is nt mature

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by ozila(m): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
thanks dear, am always with you,.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
AJvine:

No mind her....she go lost her husband to just a 18 yrs pickin...

But make una pity am o, she dey suffer heart break too cry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Twinkle004(f): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
Feyi is pregnant again....She do not need 2 ran away frm her problems but instead fight it until u win.Am seeing feyi has some1 dat is 2 sensitive...
Re: Hearts In Ashes by SPDAZZY(f): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
But Tunji just tried only once? He knows how women are, he should kindly go get his wife back.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by sirblero(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Well Well Well.... Nice Story Dr...*still Following...
Can't Wait To Se The Very End Of This Story.... *let's See How It Goes...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
SPDAZZY:
But Tunji just tried only once? He knows how women are, he should kindly go get his wife back.

As the foolish girl no wan grow up nko.

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by bossy512(f): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
Weldone, nice story, thump up for u and God will continue to shower u with more wisdom, thanks

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
bossy512:
Weldone, nice story, thump up for u and God will continue to shower u with more wisdom, thanks

Thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.