Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (178633 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2016
Twaci:
Mama! I throwey cap for you!

Feeling the pictures mehn cool. So real!

A good job darling kiss

Thanks hon kiss

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Dedicated to sirblero and amenya96

Eight

Feyi hadn't expected Tunji's cold attitude towards her after last night. She hadn't been expecting his cryptic statement or dismal attitude. Tunji had left for work early telling her they would talk on his return but not long afterwards, the cause of Tunji's cryptic attitude manifested itself.

Feyi had been in Tommy’s room when Blessing came to tell her there was a woman looking for her husband. The urgency in Blessing’s voice startled her.

“Who is she?” she asked.

“I don’t know her but she came with her bags and boxes, it seems like she has come to stay.”

Feyi was apprehensive as she went downstairs. The visitor was lounging on one of the sofas in the sitting room, sipping on a glass of orange juice Blessing had served her. She was light skinned and had her face heavily made up with brows shaped like Nike’s logo in reverse. She sized up Feyi as she drew closer and seemed to be making some conclusions about her.

"Good morning," Feyi greeted her politely.

"Good morning," she replied.

"I understand you want to see Mr Afolabi," Feyi said. "But he has gone to work and won't be back till evening." Feyi sat down and stretched her legs. "I'm Mrs Afolabi, have we met before?"

"I'm Mrs Afolabi too," the visitor said rudely. "I'm carrying Tunji Afolabi's baby and I've come to take my rightful place in his house.”

Feyi was stunned. Her head seemed to be spinning around or was it the room. She looked at the lady closer and discovered she would only be in her late teens and had a small bump on her stomach, she was barely an adult and was pregnant for Tunji?

“I’m sure there’s a misunderstanding dear, maybe its another Mr. Afolabi.”

“There’s no misunderstanding, Feyi? Was that it? I know you must be his first wife who rejected him when he was broke, he talked about you so much and the heartbreak you made him go through. I made him happy in the times we spent together and he told me he was going to divorce you. I see you’ve managed to smuggle yourself back into his life now he’s no longer broke,” she finished with a sneer.

Feyi felt the floor revolving around her and thought she would faint, she gripped the sofa’s arm tightly. This couldn’t be happening, her Tunji couldn’t have slept with this teenager? She braced herself and spoke in the calmest voice she could muster.

“H-How old are you dear?”

The girl narrowed her eyes, “Old enough to know how to make a man happy and stand by him in thick and thin.”

Feyi wasn’t deterred by her barbs, “b-but you’re a child, isn’t it too early to be a home breaker?”

“I am not a child! I am eighteen and practically an adult. Tunji is the father of my child. I stood by him when it mattered the most so the way I see it, you’re the home breaker here!”

“I’m sure there’s a mistake,” Feyi said trying to be calm although she was very unsettled inside. She felt the tears welling in her eyes, but she did not want to weep in front of this sneering adult-child. She stood up from the chair and fled to her room, opening the door to her wardrobe immediately she entered.

Tunji Afolabi had betrayed her.

She had betrayed him, Seyi thought mindlessly picking on his breakfast that morning that was fried yam and a cup of coffee. Being the son of a wealthy man had its privileges including being treated like a prince and availed to special treats even in jail.

The coffee was steaming hot and felt inappropriate for the sweltering heat that was leaving everyone drenched in sweat. It reminded Seyi of hell, the kind of hell he’d been through with Ifeoluwa.

“I’m so sorry, Seyi, I swear I didn’t know, he…”

Seyi’s arm whacked her across her face and her smooth fair skin turned red from the force of his slap. “Liar! Fucking bloody liar, how could you do that to me? How could you betray me?”

“I’m sorry,” she said terrified of the storm in his dark eyes. “I was jealous of the way you were heartbroken about Feyi’s rejection. It felt as if you fell in love with her and I was so angry.”

“I told you times without number that I was not in love with that over pampered b.itch, I’ve never been in love with her, I wanted to marry her only because of my parent’s machinations. My parents wanted a marriage merger, I only had to do my duty but you – you couldn’t stay faithful to me.”

She was on her knees at that moment, the sorrow in her eyes. “I’m sorry Seyi, I don’t know what came over me. I didn’t mean to sleep with him.”

Something about her tone seemed to fan the flames of desire within him and he felt himself go hard. She looked so vulnerable, weak and young.

“You fuc.ked my old man to spite me. You cheated on me, you’ll have to pay.”

Her lips trembled open but no words came out of it, it was as if she knew it was useless to beg. “Yes Seyi,” she muttered weakly and went to the bathroom like one that was under a spell.

She came to the bedroom a few minutes later where he was waiting by the foot of the bed with no clothes on.

“Where is it?”

She handed him a bottle of bleach she was holding and some wipes. He smiled. She went demurely to the bed, laid on her back and opened her legs wide.

By the time he was done wiping her pussy, she was dry as a desert and all his.

No matter how angry her betrayal had made him, it paled in comparison to being accused of her murder by the police.

“You’re wanted in our station sir,” the sergeant had said to him that afternoon in his office.

Seyi’s face had turned hard and angry. Black eyes blazed. “What the hell is this about?”

The policeman’s smile had been smug as he showed him a picture of Ife. “Do you know this young lady?”

“Yes? She works in my club, any problem?”

“She was found dead in her apartment yesterday by her younger sister.”

Seyi felt the air deflate out of him as he stared at the two officers. “You must be mistaken sir, Ife surely isn’t dead.”

“Unfortunately sir, she’s as dead as dead is and you’re wanted at the station for some routine questioning.”

Seyi’s insides had trembled like jelly but he managed to smile at the cops. “Would I be needing my lawyer?”

“No sir, its just some routine questions, nothing major. You have a right to a lawyer though but its really not necessary if you know you’re innocent,” the cop’s eyes was trained on him as if trying to gauge if he was guilty or not.

Seyi felt a surge of hate throb through his veins. He had always hated cops because they were corrupt and only spelt trouble for his kind of business. When he’d left Ife the day before, she had been alive, only nursing her sore pussy but otherwise, she had been fine. And now this cop was looking at him like he was guilty of her murder. He knew he was innocent.

He clamped down on his temper and managed a small tight smile, “give me a few minutes to arrange my desk, I’ll come along with you.”

That had been the last time he had seen his desk.

Tbc

Like, share, comment

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2016
I'm not undestanding again oo, who is ife and who is the new Mrs Afolabi
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2016
yorhmienerd:
I'm not undestanding again oo, who is ife and who is the new Mrs Afolabi

You know who Seyi and Feyi are, don't you?
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2016
This got interesting quicker than I expected. I bet that unborn child isn't his. hmm.fingers crossed,sha. undecided
Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2016
skarlett:

You know who Seyi and Feyi are, don't you?
Yeah, but who is Ife?
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 25, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Yeah, but who is Ife?

Seyi's ex lover
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2016
swann:
This got interesting quicker than I expected.
I bet that unborn child isn't his. hmm.fingers crossed,sha. undecided

@bolded, awon #teamtunji grin

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2016
skarlett:

@bolded, awon #teamtunji grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Johnsown1(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2016
Ok
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Twinkle004(f): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
Skarlett are u sure dat girl is dead or maybe she reincarnate 2 d new Mrs Afolabi..lol...
Re: Hearts In Ashes by dominique(f): 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Getting more interesting with each update. Bhet Tunji no try sha, getting involved with that razz underage girl. Or could this be a plot? Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by iykekelvins(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
Jesus, dafuq does he do with the bleach and the wipes shocked Chineke Nna.

This other Mrs. Afolabi has just come to spoil things now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by bibijay123(f): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Chai i have missed out on a lot.....good job babe. on behalf of Feyi i reject that girl and her pregnancy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by OYAY(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Let me quickly acknowledge my mentioning then read the story before chipping in my observation.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by shilox(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
shocked Skarlett, you have succeeded in making me move to the edge of my seat...
Following!

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by sirblero(m): 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Wow!!! Ths Story Badt Gan! Keep It Coming...More Idaes To Yah Story... Following!
Re: Hearts In Ashes by ritababe(f): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2016
nice one dear, this one you are now using big grammar? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Yohmi: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
ritababe:
nice one dear, this one you are now using big grammar? lipsrsealed

Lol, na so the spirit lead me grin
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
sirblero:
Wow!!! Ths Story Badt Gan!
Keep It Coming...More Idaes To Yah Story...
Following!

Thanks dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Dedicated to ritababe and yohmi

Nine

SEYI polished off the last of his breakfast just as he saw the men piling out of their cells to the yard for manual labor. Thanks to his family’s influence too, he was exempted of that but only had to come out to stretch his legs and chat with Saliu.

Across the yard a gang of mean looking guys were flexing their well-oiled muscles as they worked in the hot sun and glaring at him with undiluted hatred for no other reason than he wasn’t one of them. Society was divided on rival gangs, violence, youthful exuberance that led to street warfare and vendettas. It was funny though, gang members seemed to see themselves as a tight knit group and brothers but until you’d been inside you didn’t know gangs were just as segregated and polarized as the larger society.

He had never cared to join a cult in his years in the university despite his parents wealth and the protection he could have assured with it. He had always been a lone ranger who enjoyed the air of mystery his silence presented. But in jail, he had gotten into altercations with some of the former gang members because of his different opinions on their different fraternities. The altercations had led to fights which eventually resulted in disciplinary actions.

But he wasn’t going to get anything started with anybody today or in the nearest future. Especially today of all days when the pain of her loss seemed too much to bear, he just wanted to be left to be alone.

“I wish you’d just leave me alone,” he ground out in agony as he stared into the dark eyes of the detective. “I had absolutely nothing to do with her death.”

The detective’s unattractive face broke into a sardonic smile that only irked Seyi. He was a generally unattractive man with a stocky build, impressive biceps and that horrible scar that ran down the side of his face. It was that scar that sent shivers of fear down his spine and told him this wasn’t a man to Bleep with.

“So you’ve been saying Mr. Seyi but the security cam you installed in your own club caught you leaving with the deceased a few hours before her death.”

“Twelve hours before her death is a lot of time for so many things to happen. I went out with her but when I dropped her off in her house, she was perfectly fine.”

“Perfectly fine with your sem.en swimming in her you mean.”

Seyi was outraged. “I will not accept this! I deserve to have my lawyer with me. Your men took me from my office under the guise of routine questioning, bu-but…”

“You have a right to a lawyer Mr. Lawal,” the detective, who Seyi later learnt was called Ehis, said dryly. He walked away from the table after casting him a hard glance. “We’re done for now.”

They hadn’t been done by a long shot and now exactly three years after her death, Ifeoluwa Martins murderer had not been found. Despite the rigorous investigation done by the police, no evidence was found attaching him to the scene of the murder or even her murderer. The trail died cold after he dropped her off at her apartment that fateful morning. The police had had the wrong man from the start and now he’d had time to think in jail, he knew exactly who her murderer was and he was going to kill him.

With the young woman in his mind and a deep uneasiness in his heart, Ehis Oghuma drove past the tenement building using his eyes to search for her self-con on the second floor. Even without looking, he knew which one was her apartment because he could never forget her remarkable red painted door that had led to one of the most unpalatable cases he’d ever encountered.

He had a habit of meditatively stroking his scar when troubled as a Catholic might finger a string of rosary. The feel of it soothed him, perhaps because it was a reminder that he’d survived the worst horror he would ever know, that life would have no more dark surprises to destroy him. At least until he’d met Ife that was what he’d thought.

Over the past three years, he had lost count of the number of times he drove by the shanty neighborhood. Like a pilgrim to a shrine, he faithfully returned praying for the place to give up its secret.

Many times when the investigation was still ongoing, he had gone down on his knees. Not to pray, but to crawl along the ground, inspecting it surreptitiously, begging it to show the slightest hint of what had happened to Ifeoluwa Martins.

This insignificant building with the low income earners that were its tenants, had become the center of Detective Ehis’ universe. And despite the number of people in the building, none of them had known what happened to Ifeoluwa.

He parked in a corner and observed the building through his rearview mirror. Ehis wasn’t often concerned about what was behind than what was ahead but on encountering Ife’s case, he had a difficult time letting go of the past.

He didn’t know if it would have been different if he’d had a wife and children to go back to everyday, but his dedication to his job had made that aspect of life inaccessible to him. There were always women but he’d found it difficult to commit himself to matrimony with any of them. He instead had two sons by two different women who were no longer on talking terms with him.

He had never been a good father to his children. Their mothers had reared them with little input from him that wasn’t monetary and he couldn’t complain. They were turning out well, both of them were excelling in their academics and seemed to be doing fine without him.

Maybe that was why he was so attached to this case, he could never get over the helpless state he had found Ife on the day she was murdered. Or maybe it was because he didn’t have much of a life aside being a detective and now he was on one month leave, he had nowhere else to go but here.

Whatever the case was, when he’d woken up with the knowledge of not going to the station, he had had the urge to drive around town a little. His driving around had brought him here.

His obsession with Ife’s case had caused a strain on him that even led to his being hospitalized. He had stayed up on late nights considering all the angles to the story, examining the pieces of evidence in his head and going over the statements he’d received again and again. He had had a heart attack a few months ago and the doctor had recommended a few weeks off police duty for him. His boss had given him a month to rest. But Ehis knew he would never rest as long as Ife’s case remained open.

To most people, the case was ancient history, her younger sister, who was her only family had moved on and since relocated. Nobody seemed to remember or care. But he did. Even if he had deluded himself he could let it go, the news of Seyi Lawal’s impending release from prison had shattered that illusion.

Ehis reached beside him and brought the bottle of water at his side to his lips. He swallowed the cool water like a dehydrated man. Because wherever he’d encountered that bastard’s name, he recalled the shock of seeing her body a few hours after her death and needed a drink.

“Did anybody touch her?”

That was all he could say to the pale and shaken policeman who had been the first on the scene after her younger sister had made the gruesome discovery.

“I think her younger sister has sir when she was trying to wake her up, she thought she was sleeping.”

He could see why she thought she was asleep. She was lying on her back on the bed, her head turned to the side. Her arms lay along her side, palm open. There were no injuries on her face, no indication that something had happened to her until your eyes travelled downward to below her navel, that was where the illusion ended. Her legs were spread, she was not wearing even a strip of clothing.

To Ehis, it seemed indecent for them to be staring down at her naked body. But her vagina seemed to be holding their fascination for that moment because it looked bloodied and swollen. He tried to argue with himself that they were acting in official capacity, but even so, they were as guilty as her murderer, Ehis immediately suspected she had been met with foul play, of stripping this young woman of all dignity and respect.

“We’ll work with what we’ve got.”

The gateman didn’t know what to think after Feyi left the house with Blessing and Tommy. When Tunji got out of his car that afternoon, it was to see a confused Musa hemming and hawing after greeting him.

“Yes Musa, what is it?”

“Er…oga na madam,” he said slowly.

Tunji felt his heart rate kick up a notch, “what happened to her?”

“She…she don pack commot.”

Tunji was about to question the sanity of his gateman when a voice from the house doorway, stopped him on his tracks.

“I thought it was you.”

Tunji turned to look at her in alarm, “Omotola?”

“Live and direct honey,” she smiled at him, “miss me?”

Tunji felt sick to his stomach, Feyi had found out.

Tbc
Like, share and comment

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Yohmi:
Wetin? The Bible said Go into the world and multiply. Tunji is only obeying God's word Whereas If everybody is practising monagamy, who will marry the other girls?.

Oshey knight in shiny armor

Helper of helpless girls

Father of all nations undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by ritababe(f): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
skarlett:

Lol, na so the spirit lead me grin
u better tell the spirit to lead u back oh, tnks for the dedication.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
ritababe:

u better tell the spirit to lead u back oh, tnks for the dedication.

Lol, okay I will

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Gabbyraze(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nice work so far skarlett,I have not had the opportunity to read your previous works but i will find it. A quick one tho,the way u introduced saliu and seyi is almost similar to something a read in a novel,by Sandra brown,might b familiar to u sha. But all in all,I like your work..cc bibijay123

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Missmossy(f): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hmmm can't wait for this mystery to be unravelled. Something seems fishy, more wisdom to you skarlett this piece is indeed intriguing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by sirblero(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hah!! He Should Have Told Her Nau....E Bleep-up 4 Dis 1.... It's Beta U Tel Sm1 D Truth Dan Dt Persn Herin D News Awtsyd... Nice Story Dr...More Ideas To Yur Story...* Keep It Coming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
Gabbyraze:
Nice work so far skar lett,I have not had the opportunity to read your previous works but i will find it. A quick one tho,the way u introduced saliu and seyi is almost similar to something a read in a novel,by Sandra brown,might b familiar to u sha. But all in all,I like your work..cc bibijay 123

Thank you dear, I've read one Sandra Brown too, 'Ricochet,' she's a terrific writer.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
Missmossy:
Hmmm can't wait for this mystery to be unravelled. Something seems fishy, more wisdom to you skarl ett this piece is indeed intriguing.

Thank you dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Yohmi: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
Yohmi:
cheesy D: D: D: grin D: grin grin Thanks for the dedication #RESPECT

You're welcome dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.